BARROW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

fast and small
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAApril 7, 2016
fun, but I could tell the doctors didn't want us there. Regional was a all around hospital for all.Was a small hospital with major cases.
Productive and Fast Past
Information Systems Tech/Data Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 29, 2015
The employees are not really that nice. But there is always a few in the bunch that make you want to come to work. The moment you come in you must be on your toes. It's none stop on the phones and the work orders are always busy.
Pros
Not having big Co Pays for medical purpose as long as I use the hospital.
Cons
Not having a strong manager.
Registered Nurse - Emergency Room (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAAugust 28, 2015
I will be forever grateful that Barrow took a chance on me right out of Nursing School. The nursing staff was helpful and always ready to share their knowledge and expertise
A very friendly environment
Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAApril 5, 2015
A 12 hour shift bedside nursing taking care of 6-8 patients, passing medications and following through with Doctors orders.
Pros
Helping sick adults and children
Cons
Heavy workload at times
Closing Soon- Hopefully
RN (Current Employee) –  Winder, GaDecember 30, 2014
I honestly do not know where to begin pointing out the major flaws, patient care, and safety issues within these walls. There are a handful of us nurses that stay simply because if we left too, then the patients would truly have no one in their corner. Almost all of us have another job because at any given moment we are expecting to be closed. Either by the expanding hospital nearby, or JCAHO. If you are any type of decent nurse, play at your own risk...
Pros
patients need you
Cons
everything else
surgical scheduling and radiology scheduling and medical coverage verification is a multi-task that i enjoyed doing
Outpatient Surgery/Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAOctober 28, 2013
a typical day is very multi-task. I learned how to schedule surgical procedures and outpatient services procedures and verify medical coverage. I liked my job as a independent worker. I would give a lending hand as needed to co-workers to show my team player abilities. the hardest part of my job was to deny a patient service without payment because they couldn't afford it at the present time. and my most enjoyable experience was seeing the expression on a patients face for satisfactory customer service. I love going out of my way to help anybody to get what is needed done to satisfy a patient or customer.
Pros
customer services experience
Cons
healthcare
This is a faced pace managerial position includes customer service and supervising employees.
Superevisor, Patient Access Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 17, 2013
On a normal day, I manage an Outpatient and Emergency Room team. This includes a financial counselor, switchboard operator, and a Surgery Coordinator. My primary tasks include reviewing accounts, creating collections goals for each department and monitoring busy schedules for each registrar.
Pros
i enjoy being a part of a team with a goal as well as working with patients.
Cons
what i enjoy less about this career is being on call 24/7.
Great place to learn.
CT and Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Winder, GASeptember 21, 2012
Barrow Regional Medical is a great place to work. Teamwork is strong amoung the departments. Since the workforce is usually under staffed, there is plenty of work to do. The employees work hard to provide the patients with the best care. I really enjoyed my extended family.
Pros
small hospital will a lot of work and employee work at a fast pace.. family atmosphere.
Cons
short staffed in most departments.
On the toes job - Great providers
Director of Medical Staff & Provider Relations (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 21, 2012
Provided multifaceted support and direct administrative functions for the hospital’s Medical Staff Office. Served in an important leadership role as one of three facilitators leading trainesr for providers. Tracked providers continuing medical education (CME) requirements. Coordinated all CME events. Served as a member of Employee Satisfaction Team and Physician Satisfaction Team, which oversaw employee and provider recognition and staff team-building. Planned and coordinated all student rotations and preceptors within the hospital. Provided key HR support and facilitated the onboarding process by assisting in new-hire orientation sessions for all physicians and allied health providers. Credentialing and recredentialing for 230 physicians and allied health. OPPE/FPPE for providers and facility. Compliance information with all regulatory agencies and mock surveys, CMS and JCAHO standards, Medical Staff bylaws, cooperate compliance, ran Medical Executive Committee and Credentials Committee, yearly evaluations on contracted services, ER call schedule, liaison for the Emergency Room and Hospitalist group for the hospital. Risk management events and quality assurance issues.
Pros
was able to learn a lot and had grow
Cons
on call
Was quick to register me and take me back to be seen.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMarch 15, 2012
Everyone was nice, professional, timely, attentive, helpful
Pros
employees professional and considerate
Cons
hospital too small.