BARROW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Closing Soon- Hopefully
RN (Current Employee), Winder, GaDecember 30, 2014
Pros: patients need you
Cons: everything else
I honestly do not know where to begin pointing out the major flaws, patient care, and safety issues within these walls. There are a handful of us nurses that stay simply because if we left too, then the patients would truly have no one in their corner. Almost all of us have another job because at any given moment we are expecting to be closed. Either by the expanding hospital nearby, or JCAHO. If you are any type of decent nurse, play at your own risk...
surgical scheduling and radiology scheduling and medical coverage verification is a multi-task that i enjoyed doing
Outpatient Surgery/Radiology Scheduler (Former Employee), Winder, GAOctober 28, 2013
Pros: customer services experience
Cons: healthcare
a typical day is very multi-task. I learned how to schedule surgical procedures and outpatient services procedures and verify medical coverage. I liked my job as a independent worker. I would give a lending hand as needed to co-workers to show my team player abilities. the hardest part of my job was to deny a patient service without payment because they couldn't afford it at the present time. and my most enjoyable experience was seeing the expression on a patients face for satisfactory customer service. I love going out of my way to help anybody to get what is needed done to satisfy a patient or customer.
This is a faced pace managerial position includes customer service and supervising employees.
Superevisor, Patient Access Services Manager (Current Employee), Winder, GAMay 17, 2013
Pros: i enjoy being a part of a team with a goal as well as working with patients.
Cons: what i enjoy less about this career is being on call 24/7.
On a normal day, I manage an Outpatient and Emergency Room team. This includes a financial counselor, switchboard operator, and a Surgery Coordinator. My primary tasks include reviewing accounts, creating collections goals for each department and monitoring busy schedules for each registrar.
Great place to learn.
CT and Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee), Winder, GASeptember 21, 2012
Pros: small hospital will a lot of work and employee work at a fast pace.. family atmosphere.
Cons: short staffed in most departments.
Barrow Regional Medical is a great place to work. Teamwork is strong amoung the departments. Since the workforce is usually under staffed, there is plenty of work to do. The employees work hard to provide the patients with the best care. I really enjoyed my extended family.
On the toes job - Great providers
Director of Medical Staff & Provider Relations (Former Employee), Winder, GAMay 21, 2012
Pros: was able to learn a lot and had grow
Cons: on call
Provided multifaceted support and direct administrative functions for the hospital’s Medical Staff Office. Served in an important leadership role as one of three facilitators leading trainesr for providers. Tracked providers continuing medical education (CME) requirements. Coordinated all CME events. Served as a member of Employee Satisfaction Team and Physician Satisfaction Team, which oversaw employee and provider recognition and staff team-building. Planned and coordinated all student rotations and preceptors within the hospital. Provided key HR support and facilitated the onboarding process by assisting in new-hire orientation sessions for all physicians and allied health providers. Credentialing and recredentialing for 230 physicians and allied health. OPPE/FPPE for providers and facility. Compliance information with all regulatory agencies and mock surveys, CMS and JCAHO standards, Medical Staff bylaws, cooperate compliance, ran Medical Executive Committee and Credentials Committee, yearly evaluations on contracted services, ER call schedule, liaison for the Emergency Room and Hospitalist group for the hospital. Risk management events and quality assurance issues.
Was quick to register me and take me back to be seen.
Benefits Advisor (Former Employee), Winder, GAMarch 15, 2012
Pros: employees professional and considerate
Cons: hospital too small.
Everyone was nice, professional, timely, attentive, helpful