Barry University

Barry University Employer Reviews

fun
Student Helper - Semester (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 10, 2015
I was a student aid for three months, helped with scanning, and filing.
productive and hard worker
Biology Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), miami shoresDecember 22, 2014
great professor

helped student

preparer the lab

grade exams and homework
Adjunct Professor- Administration, HR Management (Current Employee), Miami Shores, FLDecember 2, 2014
I enjoy teaching adults and PACE is an excellent school to interact with a group of hard working adults seeking to advance their education. PACE staff supports students every step of the way to reach their maximum potential. My students are from all walks of life and offer years of experience which makes teaching enjoyable and fulfilling.
Barry University
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLNovember 25, 2014
Loved obtaining my undergrad education from here. Teachers always made me feel welcomed and cared for. My boss was the sweetest and helping in every moment. Always had words of encouragement and appraisals for me. Enjoyed all my co-workers. Would definitely recommend this job to others.
Fantastic Education, Quality Employer
Assistant Coach (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLOctober 7, 2014
Pros: professional development
I was employed as a student assistant Basketball Coach; this was an internship style position. Each day was different due to the nature of the coaching profession; the one constant was an atmosphere of respect and camaraderie. Under the direction of the head coach and athletic department I was able to enjoy coming in the door and had the ability to grow as a professional.
A typical landscaper work
GROUNDSKEEPER FOREMEN (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: nothing was free except water and air.
Cons: health benefits
A typical day consist of mowing the grass but in a particular area or zones. Line trim around buildings and trees. I've learned how to maintain a group of workers and work detail for the day. Management was not very organized everything was not open to the employees. Excellent co workers I always kept the moral up when it was down they still made the day entertaining. The hardest part would be trimming because based on a persons height it can take a whole lot of pressure on the shoulders and lower back of an individual.
The Best job you will ever have
Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: training, free food, stipends, lots of new friends
Cons: long hours, down time, students who don't want to be there, and overwhelming parents.
this job is not only beneficial to yourself but to the students you meet and help through the orientation process. the job itself is not really demanding but there are ups and downs to the job. the ups being that you get to know your managers and co-workers so well that you become almost like a family, the downs being the down times and the overwhelming parents.
Very fun and exciteing
Cashier (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 26, 2014
The management.crew members and customer were wonderful people.They come in very joyful,full of energy and eager to come into a clean environment. i had so much interacting with the people and making each and every customer feel very welcome.
Great work environment
System Engineer (CONTRACTOR) (Current Employee), Miami Shores, FloridaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: unlimited access to learning materials
Cons: distance from home.
Co-workers are very helpful. I enjoy the interaction with the faculty, staff, and students. The most difficult part of the day is the traffic that I have to deal with on my ride to work.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant to Professor Guerra-Pujol (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 25, 2014
• Researched various topics in books, legal articles, and web resources at the direction of the professor
• Aided the professor in locating materials pertinent to his projects and research of Constitutional Law
• Assisted in coordinating materials for courses taught by the professor, including Constitutional Law and Torts
Family cilture
Research student (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLJuly 2, 2014
Once you work here you become family. everyone looks out for one another and help you grow in your field as well as in life. amazing place to work and learn.
workstudy
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLJune 20, 2014
Job included working in a laboratory conducting research on zebrafish.
ok
De Porres Center Secretary (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 11, 2014
Learned about proper book keeping and providing great customer service.
Productive and comfortable workplace
Executive Assistant to Associate VP (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLApril 29, 2014
Typical day involved daily assistance to the Associate Vice President of Business and Finance. Monthly meetings to record minutes and provide documentation. Printing of daily cash flow reports, cash receipt reports, various student reports, etc. Co-workers were very dedicated to their job duties and we worked together as a well built team. Most enjoyable part of my job was that I independently worked on various projects. Hardest part of the job was completing the physical inventory of tiems on the university's campuses.
productive and fun workplace
Phonathon Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2014
Pros: flexable schedule, fun workplace
Cons: hours
It was a great place to work ,and i gained a lot of useful experiance
Positive work environment
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Miami Shores, FLMarch 9, 2014
A typical day at work requires a great number of correspondence between students and parents. This position has also reinforced the need to accommodate the visitors' needs as seen fit. I truly enjoy speaking to the incoming students and providing them insights on new opportunities that could ultimately benefit them.
Great education institution.
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLFebruary 28, 2014
Great working environment. Truly wholesome and professional.
very productive
Professor of Mathematics (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2014
It was quite productive, I learned many thing for excellence in teaching, research, administration and servive to the University.
Energetic, fun, very interactive
Office Manager (Former Employee), Miami Shores, FLFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, rewards
Cons: dental and vision care
Typical day at work was to make sure the entire department's employees needs were taken care of and all equipment was working properly. I learned how to manage multiple activities, take ownership of tasks, and prioritize tasks and projects with minimum supervision. I worked very closely with my supervisor on certain reports such as budget proposals, annual reports, and updating advising manuals each year. I've always had close colleagues and co-workers. I work very well along co-workers or by myself. I am a true team player. Hardest part of the job for me was saying good bye to the students when they graduated, but very proud and happy they obtained their goals. The most enjoyable part of my job was pretty much everything. I loved my job and loved to go to work.
A Christian school
Tutor (Current Employee), Miami Shores, FLFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: very professional
Cons: minimum room for advancement
I gained a great deal of experience working with students with learning disability which in return helped me to develop a great deal of patience with students along with some very useful techniques to help them understand more challenging subjects.

1 2 3