Barry University Employee Reviews in United States

I enjoyed working at Barry University
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJanuary 27, 2016
I enjoyed working at Barry University and would recommend it to others. It is also nice because you always have warm weather to enjoy and the beach is right down the road
Cashier Business office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Handled student inquiries on the student financial accounts. issued refund checks on tuition. processed refunds for financial aid students .
Pros
health care
Productive and fun place to work
Enrollment Specialist/ Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLOctober 8, 2015
Working at Barry university I learned a lot. The staff, students, and employees were nice and welcoming. The admission department helped me a lot with my work and position at this company.
Great Perks and Benefits but horrible management
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLAugust 19, 2015
The perks and benefits are great but the pay sucks! Dealing with individuals who have titles but no common sense. Very Unfair and unhealthy work environment.
Pros
Excellent Benefits, Great Perks, Great Incentives
Cons
Culture, Norms, Upper management
Great family atmosphere
Graduate Assistant Sports Information (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLOctober 11, 2015
Barry University creates a family atmosphere and is an ideal place to establish a long-term career. Strong management team and an exciting place to work at.
Productive and fun workplace
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJune 21, 2015
• Provided general and specific administrative support to Administrative Department as filling, copying and faxing documents.
• Administered and updated all activities of data entry and if required, preparing reports, assessing work as per requirement and operating any office equipment.
• Assisted and sorted all incoming and outgoing mails and documents recovery
good
Adjunct Faculty in Physics Department (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLNovember 5, 2015
good people
nice nature
wonderful students
people respect each other, love each other
students study hard and help each other
Office work environment
Phonathon Associate (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLSeptember 3, 2015
Must be persuasive. Must be able to talk on the phone for long periods of time. Must be able to record and enter data. Must be able to engage in ongoing conversation with prospects.
Good place to let your passion for transformation thrive!
Service-Learning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMay 22, 2015
Barry University is dedicated to helping to inform and transform its students to be engaged in the communities they belong to and to be in touch with their own gifts and passions. The university's core commitments include: knowledge and truth, inclusive community, collaborative service, and social justice.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
University is in the midst of growing pains
Small Catholic Institution
Director of Admissions (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLApril 20, 2015
A lot of work within my department. Definitely not enough assistance with the admissions office. I learned how to be a self starter, I learned how to handle a mass amount of work, I learned how to deal with work in the office, at home, and on the weekends.

Management is great at times, there is a definite need for more staff, but we keep getting a push back saying that positions are not approved.

My co-workers go through their motions, sometimes happily, sometimes not so happily.

The hardest part of the job is during our busy season and there is no assistance from anyone.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with our students,.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
the facilities aren't the best.
Perfect College Job
Youth Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLApril 29, 2015
Working for this company is great, the atmosphere is perfect and there are a lot of great people to be around. For a college student in a second year, this is the best job because you interactive and you learn about the real work place after college and get a feel of how things should be.
amazing work environment and friendly colleagues
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMay 26, 2015
My experience as an Adjunct Professor was great at Barry University. The diversity of student population and staff, and the amazing work culture helped me to grow as an instructor and researcher.
Admssions Counselor
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMay 22, 2015
The overall experience was great. I loved working with students that were trying to find their path in life. A drawback was people from out of the area thought everything would be like what they saw on TV.
Adult Learners
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 5, 2015
A typical night included preparing lesson plans, conferencing with adult students, and answering emails. Teaching a course for 3 or more hours. Presenting information to students using a variety of teaching methods such as Powerpoint presentations, video and/or role playing.
Pros
flexibity of hours and number of courses which can be taught
Cons
leaving campus after 9pm
Meeting People
Volunteer Usher at Campus Ministry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 17, 2015
On Sunday mornings I go to church an hour before the Mass starts, I set up for Mass , I check in all those who are suppose to participate in the mass that morning , and make immediate replacements if somebody does not show up,and I make sure we have enough available programs. I welcome those who come to church and hand them the programs. I like doing that because, you never know how hectic somebody's week has been and when you welcome them with a bright smile and ask them how they have been , their faces brighten up like to say at least someone cares. I also get invited to meetings where we discuss about how to get students more involved with Campus ministry and what services we think they will like to attend more. Within Campus ministry I also get involved in retreats and in volunteer activities , like going to the Trailer park houses and teaching the children some basic math and also play around a little. I like volunteering there the atmosphere is good and relaxing. It is something I can do constantly.
Ethical Leadership
Graduate Assistant Ethical Leadership (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLFebruary 15, 2015
-reach out to students and promotion of our events
-spiritual development and meditation skills
-guidance but also self-management
-workers from different cultural and educational background
-religious related events due to lack of knowledge in various religions
-communicate and build relationships with students
I have enjoyed teaching at Barry University the last 20 years.
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FloridaFebruary 16, 2015
Barry University is a class act University. I have worked at Barry now for 20 years as a part time instructor and I am still working there. The administration and the students make working at Barry worthwhile.
Pros
i have enjoyed teaching at barry university
Great Benefits
Residence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJune 10, 2015
Barry offers a great benefits package and generous Paid-time-off, however, the salaries are a little bit lower than the market.
Okay Job for Graduate Student
Organic Chemistry Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLApril 7, 2015
I worked here as a graduate student and it was enough to get me by weekly. I was a teaching assistant and there wasn't anything particularly memorable about working here.
Fun diversified environment
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMarch 16, 2015
Working at Barry University has taught me to be more understanding with everyone and respect the surrounding different cultures. I learned how to be efficient with all work tasks and many administrative skills.

4.3