Barry University Employee Reviews

Great
Photo Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMarch 16, 2017
Worked while going to school and schedule was flexible and didn't interfere with work. Worked in the same area as my major so it made things more interesting and easier.
Barry University School of Social Work Faculty Position
Director of Research (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMarch 6, 2017
It is a good stable job, but the administration and faulty have not developed a truly competency-based, clinical, trauma-informed curriculum despite their claims.
An excellent teaching institution
Lecturer (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 25, 2017
The level of teaching in Barry University are very high. Research is no so developed however is enough for a Teaching institution
Pros
Very nice education environement
nice environment, great people
Student Managed Investment Fund (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLFebruary 9, 2017
good vibe with nice coworkers, I learned how to manage my tasks and get it done. the hardest part the we had to do research about too many companies and that used to take lots of time and hard work.
Pros
good vibes
Cons
short breaks
Productive, Hard-Working Environment
Adminstraitve Assiatant (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJanuary 31, 2017
A typical day at work is clocking in and asking your administrative boss what has to be done for the day. Some days I am making copies and sending mail out to graduate students concerning their financial aid. The hardest part of the job is making sure you're not making any mistakes with anyone's paperwork.
Pros
Free time to work on my studies
barry university
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLJanuary 13, 2017
excellent research establishment and great learning experience. I took this position while obtaining a bachelor in biology. excellent school and excellent professors.
Great place to learn
Administrative Assistant/ Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2016
Great place to study and learn as a student in the University. The secretary understood my schedule as a student and dealt with that in a very understanding manner.
cool place
Theatre Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLDecember 16, 2016
easy to do work
fun new days
no day is the same
its a cool place to work at nothing is too hard they train you with power tools and set design
Pros
meet new people
Cons
na
Great experience and fun place to work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLDecember 10, 2016
I enjoyed working with the adult students and the course I taught. The facility was excellent and the schedule was flexible. The classrooms were equipped with a laptop and projector to make teaching the course easy.
Pros
everything
Adversity
Course Builder (Former Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLOctober 10, 2016
- Personal experience working out of state
- Most enjoyable part: working with an Entrepreneur
- Learned how to manage school/ work
Proactive and engaging workplace
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLOctober 1, 2016
Responsible for providing personal and academic support to students, helping new students to develop leadership skills and become involved in university activities. Worked as part of a team responding to student, building, and campus emergencies.
Pros
Able to provide a mentor ship to students
Fun place to work
CUSTODIAN/HOUSE KEEPER (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2016
Cleaned dorms, classrooms, labs, eating areas and halls.
re-stocked all items.
reported damages to upper level management
completed training to insure safety
Accounts Payable Lead
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2016
Overall an excellent experience because I loved helping the students and the parents. Management was superior with their services. I learned so much about Accounting.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
unorganized
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 9, 2016
Unorganized incompetent. it is very disappointing that the school lower there expectation on student grade level just to make money on ppl who they know will automatically fail in becoming attorneys
Pros
1 hour breaks
Cons
no such thing as training new employees
Very productive and dynamic
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 14, 2016
I give Barry a solid 4 star review. My only concern is that I am in the legal field and that's where I would like to grow professionally.
Pros
Excellent environment, people enjoy working for Barry U.
Cons
Not a clear opportunity for growth.
Productive and fun workplace
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 4, 2016
Regularly repairing, maintaining, and upgrading PC's, servers and other digital electronics.

I've learned that education and technology never ends and to always seek new certifications for useful tools and languages used within current work domain in order to efficiently fulfill job duties. One of the major lessons within my campus support experience was the customer satisfaction created with genuine follow-up to ensure that users or customers were happy after problems were resolved.

I appreciate all the guidance and opportunities acquired towards my growth from management. My manager taught me how to maximize leverage with available twenty student staff. My Co-worker experience at Barry University was amazing, everyone was kind, patient and willing to work together.

The most difficult part of the job was probably fulfilling large demands with minimal manpower however, we were always able to accomplish our goals in advanced.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to educate users and staff on taking full-advantage of available technologies.
Pros
Free lunch, classrooms, coffee, books, library access
Cons
healthcare, payscale
A progressive place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Miami Shores, FLMay 27, 2016
A progressive place to work with a professional staff. Gives one national and international experience. Excellent benefits. High academic standards.
Nice work environment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 15, 2016
Barry University offers an excellent benefit package, as well as compensation. However, I would like to advance in the legal field. Thus, I am looking forward to enlist the legal career path.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
no advancement
Excellent law school
Office Manager / Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 8, 2016
School has an excellent faculty. They are very passionate about their students. The main university has an excellent team of executives.
Pros
Tuition waiver with Barry University.
Cons
Dean of Law School is not very competent, but her administrative team is excellent.
Cashier Business office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Handled student inquiries on the student financial accounts. issued refund checks on tuition. processed refunds for financial aid students .
Pros
health care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barry University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3