Barstow Unified School District

Barstow Unified School District Employer Reviews

Fulfilling
Para Educator SN (Current Employee), Barstow, CAApril 30, 2014
Working at Lenwood Elementary was very fulfilling. I worked with grades ranging from Kindergarten to fifth and the kids gave me something to smile about daily. So many different personalities and learning experiences that I wouldn't take back!
A decent place to start a career in teaching.
Teacher (Former Employee), Barstow, CAOctober 18, 2013
Pros: supportive staff and parents
Cons: health benefits and the cost
A typical day would entail me arriving 30-60 min before school started. I would use this time to make copies for the student lessons, go over my lesson plans for the day, and other things to prepare to teach. I would teach my students a variety of lessons throughout the day, like Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, Science and PE. I would – more... maintain classroom control and exercise discipline whenever necessary.At the end of the day sometimes I would have parent conferences, staff meetings, meet with other co-workers, clean up the classroom, grade papers, record work, file papers, make phone calls to parents, and prepare for the lessons the next day. One of the hard parts of teaching is keeping control of the students in classroom while teaching and having to discipline them when they acted up. The administration was usually supportive. My co-workers were very supportive and helpful. We operated as a team as best we could. The part of my job I enjoyed the least was the many hours outside of work spent preparing lessons and grading work. The most enjoyable part of my job was the actual teaching and interacting with my students. – less
good secure job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), high school and crestlineOctober 2, 2013
loved working with my son. the hours were good. union was awesome
Fun and exciting place to work for
Teacher (Former Employee), Lenwood ElementaryJuly 12, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedules
Cons: long drive
Never a dull moment. Depending on the principal depends on the rigors of the school site
Great Teachers!
Para-Educator (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJune 5, 2013
The Teachers in this little community really care about their students!
Productive Work Day
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Barstow, CAJuly 31, 2012
Pros: friendly people in home office to assist as needed
Cons: company bought
Make sure all technicians have parts and other orders received, open mail, communicate with employees regarding daily planning. Use propriatory system to enter parts received and not completed. Used system to accept capital equipment. Order supplies for customers by phone order or cash order. Inventory of all stock and equipment.
Special Education Teacher/Administrator
Principal on Assignment (Current Employee), Barstow, CaliforniaJune 16, 2012
Pros: staff and students
Have enjoyed working within the Barstow Unified School District for the last eleven years.
fun learning experiance
Food Service Worker I/ sub (Current Employee), Barstow, CAMay 22, 2012
it is a fun job, good co-workers, new things to learn.
feed students and staff.
Food Services- Fun, Fast Paced
food service worker (Former Employee), allMay 10, 2012
Great environment, Fun Place to work, management time was family oriented and friendly. Learned new skills and promotions are available if pursued.