Bartell Drugs Employee Reviews

Great place for a first time job
Sales Clerk/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 18, 2016
This was a great place to work for a high school student working their first job. The training and atmosphere is very uplifting, yet the management gave me exactly what I needed to build good work place habits and to also succeed.
Pros
Easy schedule to work around
Cons
Not a forever job
Great first job.
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 7, 2016
This was my first job in which I gained some great experience from including customer service, cashiering and stocking shelves. I also worked in the Photo/High risk department counter which sold cell phones and photo processing services.
Work setting compatible with needs of work flow.
Pharmacy Assistant Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 30, 2015
Arrival upon work is usually the most pressing business at hand. Usually telephone and previous days business along with new prescriptions coming in from e-fax, fill or approved prior authorizations. The day progresses along with customer services, doctor calls, labeling and processing right person, dose, drug, sig and insurance provisions. Keeping up with the timing, accuracy and mathematical conversions are key to completing customer prescriptions. Ordering drugs that are not in stock and communication with insurance and doctors in formulary for orders to insure patient safety and care are the primary purpose. This is all in compliance with HIPPA privacy laws and regulations.
Pros
Successful in achieving customer satisfaction for repeat business.
Cons
Work overload.
Fast Pace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nice to be close to home.October 31, 2015
Bartell Drugs was started in 1890 and Sammamish is one of 60+stores. It is Great having a local drug store in Sammamish to serve our Northwest Neighbors' health and wellness needs better than anyone else.
Pros
Good Exercise Program
Cons
Rotating Shift Work
Productive and fun place to work for.
2nd Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2015
This company offers advancement for individuals that put in the hard work to be promoted to the next level. Bartell's also offers great benefits with less out of pocket costs.
Good environment to work in
Customer Service attending (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 5, 2015
Safe and a comfortable environment to work in. Nice and courteous co workers to work with. As a cashier I enjoyed serving the customers with respect and honesty.
Customers are our guests
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Desmoines, WaSeptember 21, 2015
From the minute you walk through the door you are greeted with a smile and a hello. The employees and managers I work with are sincere and warm and hold a great deal of knowledge about the store and our products. All of us strive to know the customers by name so they feel like a guest in our store. By knowing the customer you also know their needs and wants and can accommodate them a bit quicker. If any one of them is having a crisis or a problem they know we are all here to listen. It is hard to see customers ill or in pain, but we all do our best to make sure they leave with a smile on their face.
Pros
locally owned
Cons
currently less than 40 hrs/ week
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  TacomaSeptember 18, 2015
Responsibilities include receiving new prescriptions via phone and interpreting written prescriptions from prescribers; transferring prescriptions to and from other pharmacies; processing insurance claims and determining plan eligibility for patients; dispensing medications; counseling patients on proper medication use; providing retail and pharmacy customer service.
My time at
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 4, 2015
You have the ability to learn a lot from this company. The customer you meet are great and your co-workers are like family. The hardest part is doing a lot of hours, even during the slower seasons.
Pros
Good Benefits, People
Cons
LONG hours
Fun work place
Customer Service/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 20, 2015
This company has excellent family based background with hard work ethic. They go out of the way to take care of their employees.
Pros
Free lunches and paid vacations
Store Manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2015
Management of daily opertions store front and pharmacy. Budgeting salary control, inverntory control, store ordering.
Great Family feel
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed my various roles with Bartells. I felt respected for the most part, as well as felt I had support from direct managers as well as hire up management. This was not the field I wanted to stick with as a career.
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAOctober 6, 2014
Pay was decent; there was no room for advancement though. Managers were highly impersonal. Probably an isolated case at my particular store though.
great place to work
Buyer's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2014
like working here. great work/life balance and opportunity for advancement.
A neighborhood place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2014
Just a cashier position as well as helping with other task in the store.
Pharmacy Assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 27, 2014
Head pharmacist very nice to work for . My job was to assist however I could with customers. Taking prescriptions and insurance information. Making sure orders were filed properly and alphabetical. Stocking shelves with incoming merchandise. Unloading medications when they arrived from the main office each day.
Pros
good hours. great medical insurance & friendly people
Cons
had to work through dinner hour.
conservative productive work environment
Receiver/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WaMay 25, 2014
a typical day at Bartell Drugs would be to count my till, greet all the customers, and face and zone the store to make sure the brand looked perfect.
Long hours but eventually rewarding
Photo/Sound/Electronics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 13, 2014
Typical day would be approx. ten hours, training and merchandising multiple locations. Hardest part of the job would be the 24/7/365 on call hours. Working with the Kodak and Noritsu technicians was where I received my training.
Pros
camera department meetings
Cons
24/7/365 on call and no company vehicle
Great staff and great place to learn still the pharmaceutical industry .
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMarch 26, 2014
a typical day would be to greet customers and front counter. I checked in prescriptions and prepared them for the pharmacists. I answered phones and also handled the drive-thru drop off counter. Bartells taught me a lot, they were my first job I ever had. I learned customer service skills as well as how to manage my time and how to tackle stress hands on .
Provider good guality products to customers, and above wages to employees
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Terrace, UTMarch 13, 2014
Meet and greet all customers. Data enter patient information to create profile. Type, fill and sell prescription. Call patients, doctors, and insurances. Receive and stock or return drug inventory
Pros
given breaks and requested time off
Cons
lack of in house communitcation to detail facts