Bartlett & West Employee Reviews

Solid Company/Needs More Employee Development
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2016
Bartlett & West treats its employees very well. It's a flex-time environment, a bit lower than average pay for my position but not horrendous, and a good environment if you like being able to easily shift between a collaborative and talkative work environment to a more quiet and zoned in environment. Company needs to allow for more creativity and development for and from the employees.
Toxic Culture
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDFebruary 9, 2015
The management was incredibly insecure and their culture is toxic. There isn't even a break room, you are expected to not speak for more than a few seconds to other employees.People were disciplined for eating lunch together and walking during smoke breaks. I was disciplined for filling out too many encouragement cards for other employees.

If you're thinking about applying, don't. Run. Run fast and don't look back.
Incompetent Management with dishonest, deceptive culture
Senior GIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 30, 2015
I worked under a six month contract-to-hire with three others for Bartlett and West and it was the worst decision I've ever made. One was hired within two months and everyone else's contract was terminated early. And others under contract were also being laid off outside my group. They lied right through their teeth the entire time.

Management was completely incompetent and nearly always absent the entire project. They barely communicated with anyone and didn't seem really to ever know what they were doing with the company they were contracting with at the time. On top of this they were very secretive and deceitful to everyone about what was happening behind the scene because it seemed like they were losing money all over the place. They leased office space in the middle of a high rise in the city that was almost completely empty. It was just one of the biggest waste of money I've ever seen. I'm surprised they still exist with how they run their business. You would think they were part of the Federal government and didn't care about expenses.

They asked for skilled workers but then didn't give any meaningful, challenging work ever. I was assigned simply to test an application and nothing else which requires any kind of skills or education at all. They could have hired anyone to do it as it was simply just clicking the same buttons over and over everyday repeatedly. It was such a waste of time-mostly because the application wasn't working and they fired the developer before the project was even finished.

Bottom line: These guys don't know what they're doing and probably
  more... won't be in business for too long. Never except any contracts with them as they will lie and lie until they are done with you. They will certainly never going to be able to grow into a successful technology/engineering company outside the midwest the way they run things. Bartlett and West is a joke. Period.  less
Pros
Cons
terrible company to work for- terrible management all the way up and down
Friendly and professional work environment
GIS Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 22, 2014
Everyone is easy to talk to and open if you have questions. Business casual dress and flexible hours.
Very Interesting job, very good company.
Adm. Asst.\GIS Tech (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 19, 2013
I had started at this company as a Temp. worker along with 6 other people and I am the one thay kept on & hired full time. Very good company to work for. I got involved in alot of fund raising events and also continued my education thru this company. I learned alot about civil engineering. I was the data entry employee . I kept track of all the contracts in the company & filing & distributing them throuygh out the company. They taught myelf how to post utility contrcts on the maps. We were a 3rd party contractor for BNSF Railroad company .
Pros
a great company to work for.
Cons
communication was not real great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bartlett & West. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8