BARTLETT NUCLEAR Employee Reviews

Fast paced work with good pay
Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN and other nuclear facilities.January 9, 2018
My job was stressful at times. Working in a nuclear facility, sometimes over night for sometimes long hours. Responsible for the staff of the plant and also the citizens health and safety from the harmful affects of radiation and nuclear contamination. Very good pay with long hours.
Pros
Good position with a fast paced employer.
Cons
Job security
cleaning crew
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  York, SCOctober 24, 2017
spent alot of time cleaning buildings, and bathrooms, people were really nice and fun place to work, move to the roofing crew from a Thursday to a Monday on the roofing crew making a 10.00 raise
bartlett nuclear (BHI)
Senior Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 5, 2017
Bartlet nuclear (BHI) was a good place to work and start to get experience in the nuclear field. You get to travel to different work locations and see different parts of the country.
Never met a recruiter who wasn't a liar
Sr RP Tech (Former Employee) –  Various Nuclear PlantsAugust 6, 2017
The recruiters play favorites, will sit you out for an outage season if they don't like you. Will put you on the list for a plant you never agreed to go to, then you get black-balled as a "no show".

Pay is unnaturally low, they always need more bodies, but pay has not gone up in ages.
Pros
have most of the contracts..
Cons
horrible environment to work
Very stressful.
EH&S & General Employee Instructor (Former Employee) –  Eureka, CAAugust 4, 2017
Don't get injured, they will lay you off. There is no such thing as job security. No paid time off. This company started out with the workers held in high regard, but things have changed.
Pros
seeing Bartlett in your rear-view mirror
Cons
First day of work
Low Compensation
Field Engineer/Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Spring City, TNAugust 2, 2017
They didn't pay very well and weren't willing to increase compensation when others on site were. They do serve as a good stepping stone company just because of the places they work and the people you meet.
dangerous due to radiation
Firewatcher (Former Employee) –  San Clemente, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I personally wound not work for this company again. Terrible management I had to climb up and down steep ladders and was on duty to stay underground in electric tunnels.Worked a lot of overtime and only for a short period of time. The management team showed favoritism .
Pros
Cons
dangerous
Good job with a lot of hard work
Sr. Decontamination Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 28, 2016
Good job, the stability was hard to deal with because it was only temporary, 2 to 3 months at a time, there was a lot of traveling involved so you weren't home very often. The people i worked with were great, good people though.
Pros
free lunches every once in a while
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work with little to non turnover
Waste Remediation Tech (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 16, 2016
Over all a great experience! Meet new people and travel to different nuclear plants. Every task had a procedure that you must comply to. Morning meetings were based on safety of the plant, and job assignments. The hardest part of the job is working in inclement weather. I learned a lot about radiation, contamination, and safety
Contract employer in the Nuclear Energy field
Junior Radiological Protection Technician (Current Employee) –  Bridgman, MI 49106March 6, 2016
With different site coordinators and different power utilities, your typical work day can vary from plant to plant. That being said, your typical day as a Radiation Protection Technician would be the same as any house technician. The people I have met in this career have always been the best part of the job.
Pros
Traveling from plant to plant in the US
Cons
Working contract jobs as opposed to full-time.
great learning
Junior radiation protection tech (Former Employee) –  kansasOctober 15, 2015
great company to work for in the nuclear industry with plenty of work and good pay and benefits with plenty of chances to gain experience and learn
okay
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 6, 2015
okay company to work for. no room for advancement. you can give it all you have and the person next to you isn't giving anything. at the end of the day you get paid the same
Productive and fun place to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 17, 2015
Tasks change often. Outdoor work environment. Plenty of support from colleagues and management. Many locations to choose from, if desired.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for employment stability
Cons
Travel
Bartlett Administrative Assistant at McGuire Nuclear Station
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 26, 2015
I worked 10.5hr. shifts Monday-Thursday unless we were in an outage then it would be 12 hr. shifts in an office environment. I performed duties such as doing time sheets, printing work orders and assisting supervisors with daily activities.
Pros
Friendly work environment, supportive management
Cons
long walk from the parking area other than that I loved working for Bartlett, and thats probably because I was expecting and it seemed longer.
Good
Junior RP (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXJune 1, 2015
Most coworkers I found to be a blast to work with. Some members of management could do better at organization. Overall, I enjoy working for this company.
has its pros and cons
Trailer maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  eunice nmMay 27, 2015
there was really no typical work day just get our task for the day and do the oddjob quests on the side in between your primary objectives, I hate to admit but I learned a lot , from plumbing to concrete work and everything in between the only thing I didn't learn was electrical because they never had me assisting the electricians my immediate supervisor was incompetent and not a good tactician, and his supervisor is an alright tactician but not a good role model, and our at the time urenco formeman was cut throat a brilliant tactician, always 2 steps ahead of everyone mentally .knew how to inspire his immediate workers. Bartlett wasn't his immediate workers since we were contracted to be there so the most we got was his wrath. hardest part of the job is that it was a bureaucratic nightmare, most enjoyable part was after I got my tasks I was let loose and I enjoyed the absolute freedom when I was left to do my specific tasks.
Pros
learned lots of useful skills
Cons
overworking at times, icompetent supervisors
challenging and a very good learing
Senior Deconstruction Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company I got a chance to get out on my own and it took me to many state. Which made me the man I am
productive work enviroment
Radiation Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Baxley, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Management only wants bodies to fill their contract, the salary is not what it should be, especially working in this field.
Pros
None to speak of
Cons
short breaks
traveling
Senior Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2013
Enjoy working for Bartlett Nuclear Services and traveling.
Pros
traveling
Cons
not enough work right now
Travel required
Junior Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 13, 2013
A lot of travel required and jobs mainly only available during refueling outages
Cons
no healthcare offered, travel required