BARTLETT NUCLEAR Employee Reviews

has its pros and cons
Trailer maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  eunice nmMay 27, 2015
there was really no typical work day just get our task for the day and do the oddjob quests on the side in between your primary objectives, I hate to admit but I learned a lot , from plumbing to concrete work and everything in between the only thing I didn't learn was electrical because they never had me assisting the electricians my immediate supervisor was incompetent and not a good tactician, and his supervisor is an alright tactician but not a good role model, and our at the time urenco formeman was cut throat a brilliant tactician, always 2 steps ahead of everyone mentally .knew how to inspire his immediate workers. Bartlett wasn't his immediate workers since we were contracted to be there so the most we got was his wrath. hardest part of the job is that it was a bureaucratic nightmare, most enjoyable part was after I got my tasks I was let loose and I enjoyed the absolute freedom when I was left to do my specific tasks.
Pros
learned lots of useful skills
Cons
overworking at times, icompetent supervisors
ok but could be better
Sr Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario, NYSeptember 27, 2012
You dont have to deal with the company very much, which is a good thing. They give so called( bonuses) but there are so many stipulations and crooked ways of getting out of paying you for it that its almost not even worth attempting the extra effort to get it. They gave us a so called ( raise) but they only pay it on 40 hrs. Vacation time, overtime, or holiday pay you dont get it. Doesnt seem much like a raise. They pay you extra money on the hour for health insurance but its the same way, they only pay it on 40 hours. On a vacation day i make about $7.00 less an hour than my normal pay. They constantly beat the employees out of money.
Pros
good pay
Cons
recruiters are difficult at times. no benefit package.
i have found the recruiters hard to work with but we try to get me work
Decontamination Technition (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 18, 2012
As a returnee to Fermi 2 I found evryone there welcoming and helpful. Some of the returnees and people there have worked hard to make the outage something enjoyable.
There does seem to be a lack of organization, but we tea, up and get things done.
I have learned a few new techiniques, but mostly kept to the turbine building keeping the floors free of percons.
It is hard to explain to some of the people new to the plant who are disapointed that all the do is floors, They do not understand the importance i feel.
Pros
a good learning plant
Cons
to many tired techs from hopping other outages.
Productive environment with a full daily agenda.
Electrician's Helper (Former Employee) –  Semora, NCNovember 2, 2013
Every day had a set of tasks to be completed, and had crew members assigned to them. This was covered in the morning meeting between crew and management. Safety was, as always, the number one priority and it was everyone's job to see to that. Management was always very clear about the agenda. Nothing was ever too stressful because the company was very accommodating and no one was expected to work a task above their capability. I enjoyed the camaraderie and learning more about the electrical field.
Pros
fair compensation, overtime, free training.
Cons
none.
Bartlett Administrative Assistant at McGuire Nuclear Station
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJuly 26, 2015
I worked 10.5hr. shifts Monday-Thursday unless we were in an outage then it would be 12 hr. shifts in an office environment. I performed duties such as doing time sheets, printing work orders and assisting supervisors with daily activities.
Pros
Friendly work environment, supportive management
Cons
long walk from the parking area other than that I loved working for Bartlett, and thats probably because I was expecting and it seemed longer.
fair pay, worked with some great people and some, not so great
Laborer-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Palo, IAAugust 8, 2013
fair to work for. Employment usually temporary work in nuclear power plants across North America. Wasn't very easy getting in contact with the hiring manager before and after employment and incompetent, unqualified people were placed in supervisor positions. But was able to complete my work without direct supervision and enjoyed the travel.
Pros
no micro-management
Cons
unqualified supervision
Interesting to learn about different radiation safety
Junior Health Physics technician (Former Employee) –  Different LocationsSeptember 10, 2013
I learned how to be more diplomatic with people as the hours were long working 6/12's. Met a lot of great interesting people. Enjoyed doing radiation contamination surveys to be viewed by the NRC. Great support from Co-workers.
Pros
got to travel to different states and stay at nice campgrounds.
Cons
long hours. alot of time spent working at the plant.
Great company to work for. Safety is their major concern.
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Berwick, PAMay 15, 2013
Erect scaffold to desired component in for maintenance in nuclear regulatory facility. Build scaffold to be seismic around volatile equipment.
Pros
great pay, 12 hour days 7 days a week.
Productive and fun place to work
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 17, 2015
Tasks change often. Outdoor work environment. Plenty of support from colleagues and management. Many locations to choose from, if desired.
Pros
Plenty of opportunity for employment stability
Cons
Travel
Good pay, rewarding work, good people.
Safety Coach (Former Employee) –  SCJune 15, 2013
Have worked outages with Bartlett and enjoyed the experience thoroughly. I look forward to future work with them.
Pros
very professional group of people.
Cons
prefer full time work
Great company to work for
Facilities (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCNovember 7, 2012
This job is not very demanding while at work of course you have to do your job but there are more time set aside for breaks than you can possibly take .
Pros
great managment
Cons
job was temporary
productive work enviroment
Radiation Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Baxley, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Management only wants bodies to fill their contract, the salary is not what it should be, especially working in this field.
Pros
none to speak of
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work.
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCFebruary 26, 2013
Great place to work. You get to move around within the company and experience may different jobs. Everyone works as a team. Supervisers are people you can talk to.
okay
Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAOctober 6, 2015
okay company to work for. no room for advancement. you can give it all you have and the person next to you isn't giving anything. at the end of the day you get paid the same
challenging and a very good learing
Senior Deconstruction Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company I got a chance to get out on my own and it took me to many state. Which made me the man I am
Horrible place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  York, SCJuly 11, 2013
Horrible management and poor benefits. Very low pay and benefits are not that great. No 401k or job security.
Pros
mon-thurs three day weekend.
Cons
short breaks
Travel required
Junior Health Physics Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MANovember 13, 2013
A lot of travel required and jobs mainly only available during refueling outages
Cons
no healthcare offered, travel required
Good
Junior RP (Former Employee) –  Bay City, TXJune 1, 2015
Most coworkers I found to be a blast to work with. Some members of management could do better at organization. Overall, I enjoy working for this company.
Contract work with opportunity for advancement.
Services (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMarch 26, 2012
Nice casual atmosphere. Coworkers were great and helpful.
Pros
weekends off.
Cons
very low compensation.
traveling
Senior Radiation Protection Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2013
Enjoy working for Bartlett Nuclear Services and traveling.
Pros
traveling
Cons
not enough work right now