Barton Associates, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAMarch 16, 2017
Barton has provided me with the opportunity to grow and evolve my career. I never thought I'd be where I am today. Hard work gets rewarded here. The sky is the limit.
Pros
Growth opportunity and great people
Cons
hard work... no handouts
Productive, fun workplace
RECRUITER (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 4, 2017
If you are looking for a career that has the potential for great income and work/life balance, then this is the place for you.
Don't waste your time with this company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 31, 2017
The first indicator upon employment acceptance is that they don't do background checks, reference checks or require medical exams, so you can imagine the high turnover rate, take you in and spit you out just as quick, I never even got the chance to prove how good I am, accepted the position, first day I show up ,long commute for me, didn't time it correctly, knew I would be @5 min traffic delay, called my direct supervisor, told me no worry, thanks for alerting him, went thru a 4 hour orientation and then told I was fired on the spot for being late, Sounds like a great job for anybody looking to work on eggshells every day, knowing you will be fired on the spot for anything, no warnings, understandings etc...Don't waste your valuable time with this company.
Cons
No work life balance, pay is not worth it
Physician Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHFebruary 23, 2016
The upper management are shady, they say that they want your best interest, but in the end, they want you to help them make money. This is a revolving door of employees, the managers are inexperienced, all of 25 years old- maybe, and have only been there 6 months themselves before being promoted.
if you try to do something different than their way- they micromanage, make you just call er physicians 5x daily after they accidentally registered, for months on end in hopes they may take a job opportunity that you have.
in the end, the jobs you have are really not qualified correctly, so any effort, and harassing phone calls that you were required to complete would not even turn into any incentive because the 20something year old account manager that has been there 3 months did not do their job correctly so the job will not even turn into an assignment.
their is no work life balance, 9.5 hours a day, 8 on a phone the entire time, if you go to the bathroom, you are asked why you are walking around, or i have seen other "managers" time their employees bathroom breaks. and if you leave after the long hours of mind dumbing 100+ calls minimum daily, then you are not determined. nevermind that you have a life of your own. but wait dont stop there, because you will get calls all hours of the night, weekends etc on your personal cell phone from managers, or providers with you trying to save something that may have worked.
youll get email after email from "higher ups" asking how you are going to fix your stuff, when it is the other side not doing their work correctly which is making
  more... you suffer.
like someone said, if you like a bunch of adult kids, dialing phones and slamming keyboards for long hours every week! this is the place for you.
oh- but you do get 5 paid holidays and benefits after 30 days
sounds all great until you realize, that is normal for most corporations- and actually most will give you more holidays than that!
calling 100 different physicians on christmas eve for the one day they are with their family- not the best thing to "build a relationship"
i did get some great friends out of the place though- some of the providers which i was required to harass actually turned into lasting friendships!
Pros
mon thru friday schedule
Cons
no work life balance, long hours, revolving door, inexperienced management
High Turnover Rate
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 16, 2016
Cold-Calling 24/7
Limited training
Little room for advancement
Poor management
Very high turnover rate
Poor company values
Cons
Low base pay
Fun work environment, but must be determined to be successful
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2015
Fun work place. Management is very hands on which is nice. There are meetings every day to ensure success. Job relies on cold calling to find providers. Very long days since you're cold calling from 7-5, but if you put in the effort, in the long run it will pay off.
Pros
Management is helpful
Cons
hours and compensation
Recruiting nightmare
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2015
I had done sales, and recruiting jobs for cumulatively about 2 years before I was offered a position at Barton. In the initial interview I was told you'll be on the phone a lot.. fine.... the job will be a challenge... I love to be challenged... sounds good to me.

So the day starts off at 7am with some kind of redundant meeting they've already given you an alternative version of 4 times. This usually lasts about an hour then it's time to hit the phones. In the beginning be prepared to make at least 60 phone calls a day or you'll get talked to about your productivity. It doesn't matter that all 60 phone calls were inconclusive. The job is not challenging in the least I would alternatively describe it as requiring extreme persistence, and a lack of common sense and knowledge of acceptable human interaction and boundaries.

They say that after you build a data base you can get referrals and stop cold calling. This is a huge illusion because my manager was cold calling right along side of me and complaining the entire time.

Overall the environment in the office is fun if you enjoy working with a bunch of adult children. They do promote staff bonding and building friendships within the company.

The last thing I have to say is that for the salary they start you with it's not worth working 50 hour weeks.
Pros
hour lunch, nice office
Cons
juvenile mannerisms of staff, low pay, cold calling, unnecessary meetings, micromanagement.
good for fresh out of college
Associate Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 8, 2015
Good for recent graduates looking for jobs in sales and laid back environment. Excessive amount of cold calling in a single day, long hours.
Very young workplace
Associate Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 26, 2015
A typical workday is coming into the office for 7am and being glued to a phone for 10+ hours attempting to sell Barton and locums to hospitals, privately own doctor offices, etc. Very heavily sales and okay work place if fresh out of college in need of job. This company works based on salary and commissions(doesn't kick in until after 6 months). If sales is what you want to do as a career, then take a look into Barton. There is room for growth with company.
Pros
hour break for lunch
Cons
very young environment majority of staff is fresh out of college, the starting salary is not the best
A Career With Great Potential
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxMarch 12, 2015
I am the Talent Acquisition Specialist for Barton Associates in Austin, TX. I've been with the company for about a month now. I am responsible for pre-screening applicants and reaching out to those that I feel would be a great fit for the position.

Overall, the office is very open, laid back and made up of young professionals that are recently graduated and looking to quickly begin a career. I have felt very welcome since I started.

On a daily basis, employees are on the phone making calls to hospitals and health care providers. When I interview candidates,I select those that come across as outgoing, driven and prepared to move up within the company. Experience or background in the medical field isn't a requirement, but rather a resilient and positive attitude is what stands out to me.

The first 6 months is considered a learning curve, but I've seen employees really excel at selling the services Barton Associates offers to medical providers. Slightly jealous of their earning potential.
The work hard/ play hard mentality is evident in the office, we have our own softball team and go to Top Golf pretty regularly.

Take home point about the company/advice for applicants: Stick it out for that first 6 months! You'll start to see the commission come in, and from what I hear, it's well worth the wait.
Pros
great location, everyone is super friendly, growing rapidly
Cons
cold calling ups and downs, low starting salary
Great place to grow your career
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 30, 2014
This is a phone job, so a typical day here is spent at your desk talking on the phone. When you start out with Barton you will need to spend a lot of time cold calling. This can be frustrating, but will pay off for you if you build a strong database of people to work with. Over time your role as a recruiter changes and less time is spent cold calling. You get the opportunity to build relationships with clients and have more rewarding conversations.

One of the best parts of the job is the people and job culture at Barton. The office is always full of energy. Though it is a competitive environment everyone is friendly and willing to help out. Barton does a lot of little things to keep work fun. Since I started we have had several dress down weeks and office parties for every holiday. Management is supportive and encourages you to grow your career. If you are looking to get into a leadership role there are a lot of opportunities to do so.

This job will improve your communication skills, help you become more organized and goal oriented. You will need to prioritize and manage your time effectively to excel in this position. This is a great way to learn about recruiting if you are brand new to it. Barton is a growing company and a place where you will be rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
Opportunity to make a lot of money, Great people, M-F schedule, Benefits
Cons
Low starting salary, Long work hours.
Provider Beware
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 24, 2014
Based upon my personal experience with Barton Associates as a trained profession, I would not recommend working with this agency. Throughout the employment search process, the representatives of Barton were not forthright about assignment details, when dealing with compensation, or the credentialing process. The contract presented by Barton was unscrupulous at best in which their finders fees amounted to half of the salary offered by the company. In addition, the contract contained questionable legal addendums (no time off, no sick leave, no flexibility, no compensation for no show appointments while Barton is able to pocket their share regardless). I would strongly recommend that you look to other agencies if you are a health care provider or company in search of quality providers in the health care industry. You have a choice as a consumer and Barton is not a good choice based upon my experience.
Pros
Cons
dishonest and unscrupulous business practices, no interest in working for the client.
Account Managers and Fufillment Specialists BEWARE
Sales (Former Employee) –  New England RegionOctober 27, 2014
Management is typically promoted with ZERO previous managerial experience; they were just effective salespeople.

The promise of a guarantee in salary raise is if you meet difficult goals and the original base pay is low, as well as the chances you will make any kind of commission for the first six months.

You will be MICROMANAGED and asked (if you are an Account Manager) to cold call hospitals and clinics and sneak around trying to gather information and eventually speak to the decision maker to see if they need temporary staffing. A fulfillment specialist has to make double the calls as an AM unless they're on the phone with a candidate.

Decent benefits begin after 30 days if you make it. Turnover in this place is the worst I have ever seen. Unless you are able to unlearn what you know about sales or be brainwashed, you may want to have an ethical conversation with yourself before taking a position with this company.

Super short breaks. By the time you get your food, you have to be back dialing the phone. and this is NOT a 40 hour work week. MINIMUM of 45 hours, if you are making your numbers. Otherwise be prepared to STAY.

On paper, the company looks great, but if you do interview, ask to tour the entire building. They will likely keep you away from the room where agents are screaming at the top of their lungs swearing. Try having that in the background while you are calling CEOs or Doctors.

No good.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Low Salary, Short Breaks, Predatory expectations, Inexperienced and Ineffectual management, MICROMANAGEMENT
Fun and flexible work assignments
Family Nurse Practitioner, Locum tenem (Current Employee) –  Saltillo, MSSeptember 15, 2014
I learned how to work effectively in a short time with strangers.
Rewarding career in medical staffing
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 1, 2012
Day starts at 7am with a morning meeting in which there is round table discussion and training to increase productivity.
Trained to become an expert in medical staffing.
Management is excellent, there is no micro managing and the managers "are in the trenches" with you the whole day. They are very approachable and knowledgeable.
Overall atmosphere is competitive but friendly. There is a sense of camaraderie among co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is waking up early and being on the phone for 3+ hours a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to clients and building a lasting proffessional relationship, even though it's not always easy, it's very rewarding. Also, it's very gratifying when you put deals together and help your client meet their need.
Pros
competitive compensation, great benefits, advancement opportunities, friendly work environment, excellent management, great training.
Cons
long hours (minimum of 50/weekly)
Fun workplace but often micromanaged
Hospitalist and Critical Care Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 22, 2012
This job is very good in terms of improving your overall communication skills. Being able to form an elaborate conversation with someone you've never talked/met helps you form new ways to start and maintain a conversation. After speaking with CEOs and Managers on a daily basis, it always increases your confidence in being able to talk to a person effectively that is higher up in the corporation. The hardest part of the job is the beginning; cold calling. Having to find your own clients and form a database is not easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and the fun workplace. All employees are great people and are willing to help.

Although, you're often micro-managed. You need to hit certain standard numbers on a daily/monthly/quarterly basis, and if you don't, you'll hear about it from upper management, even though in some instances, it is difficult to maintain those numbers when you have many tasks on your plate. The starting salary is also not feasible for a college student who pays rent/insurance/college loans. Also, the hours were 7am-5pm, thats a very long day and it is hard to have a life after work considering you're often exhausted by the time you get home.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
long hours, micro-managed, low salary
Great Place for Aggressive Sales
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 11, 2012
Fun atmosphere with great people. If you want to be in a position to make commission sales, this is the job for you. Big personality is a must and above-average phone communication skills are necessary.
Pros
friendly and helpful management, weekends off
Cons
heavy phone time
Productive and very knowledable
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 30, 2012
Outbound calls to clients to offer loans and annuity payments.
Pros
company dinners
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Associates, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Barton Associates, Inc. Reviews by Location