Barton Associates Careers

Barton Associates Careers Employee Reviews

Account Managers and Fufillment Specialists BEWARE
Sales (Former Employee) –  New England RegionOctober 27, 2014
Management is typically promoted with ZERO previous managerial experience; they were just effective salespeople.

The promise of a guarantee in salary raise is if you meet difficult goals and the original base pay is low, as well as the chances you will make any kind of commission for the first six months.

You will be MICROMANAGED and asked (if you are an Account Manager) to cold call hospitals and clinics and sneak around trying to gather information and eventually speak to the decision maker to see if they need temporary staffing. A fulfillment specialist has to make double the calls as an AM unless they're on the phone with a candidate.

Decent benefits begin after 30 days if you make it. Turnover in this place is the worst I have ever seen. Unless you are able to unlearn what you know about sales or be brainwashed, you may want to have an ethical conversation with yourself before taking a position with this company.

Super short breaks. By the time you get your food, you have to be back dialing the phone. and this is NOT a 40 hour work week. MINIMUM of 45 hours, if you are making your numbers. Otherwise be prepared to STAY.

On paper, the company looks great, but if you do interview, ask to tour the entire building. They will likely keep you away from the room where agents are screaming at the top of their lungs swearing. Try having that in the background while you are calling CEOs or Doctors.

No good.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
low salary, short breaks, predatory expectations, inexperienced and ineffectual management, micromanagement
Recruiting nightmare
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 9, 2015
I had done sales, and recruiting jobs for cumulatively about 2 years before I was offered a position at Barton. In the initial interview I was told you'll be on the phone a lot.. fine.... the job will be a challenge... I love to be challenged... sounds good to me.

So the day starts off at 7am with some kind of redundant meeting they've already given you an alternative version of 4 times. This usually lasts about an hour then it's time to hit the phones. In the beginning be prepared to make at least 60 phone calls a day or you'll get talked to about your productivity. It doesn't matter that all 60 phone calls were inconclusive. The job is not challenging in the least I would alternatively describe it as requiring extreme persistence, and a lack of common sense and knowledge of acceptable human interaction and boundaries.

They say that after you build a data base you can get referrals and stop cold calling. This is a huge illusion because my manager was cold calling right along side of me and complaining the entire time.

Overall the environment in the office is fun if you enjoy working with a bunch of adult children. They do promote staff bonding and building friendships within the company.

The last thing I have to say is that for the salary they start you with it's not worth working 50 hour weeks.
Pros
hour lunch, nice office
Cons
juvenile mannerisms of staff, low pay, cold calling, unnecessary meetings, micromanagement.
A Career With Great Potential
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TxMarch 12, 2015
I am the Talent Acquisition Specialist for Barton Associates in Austin, TX. I've been with the company for about a month now. I am responsible for pre-screening applicants and reaching out to those that I feel would be a great fit for the position.

Overall, the office is very open, laid back and made up of young professionals that are recently graduated and looking to quickly begin a career. I have felt very welcome since I started.

On a daily basis, employees are on the phone making calls to hospitals and health care providers. When I interview candidates,I select those that come across as outgoing, driven and prepared to move up within the company. Experience or background in the medical field isn't a requirement, but rather a resilient and positive attitude is what stands out to me.

The first 6 months is considered a learning curve, but I've seen employees really excel at selling the services Barton Associates offers to medical providers. Slightly jealous of their earning potential.
The work hard/ play hard mentality is evident in the office, we have our own softball team and go to Top Golf pretty regularly.

Take home point about the company/advice for applicants: Stick it out for that first 6 months! You'll start to see the commission come in, and from what I hear, it's well worth the wait.
Pros
great location, everyone is super friendly, growing rapidly
Cons
cold calling ups and downs, low starting salary
Fun workplace but often micromanaged
Hospitalist and Critical Care Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 22, 2012
This job is very good in terms of improving your overall communication skills. Being able to form an elaborate conversation with someone you've never talked/met helps you form new ways to start and maintain a conversation. After speaking with CEOs and Managers on a daily basis, it always increases your confidence in being able to talk to a person effectively that is higher up in the corporation. The hardest part of the job is the beginning; cold calling. Having to find your own clients and form a database is not easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere and the fun workplace. All employees are great people and are willing to help.

Although, you're often micro-managed. You need to hit certain standard numbers on a daily/monthly/quarterly basis, and if you don't, you'll hear about it from upper management, even though in some instances, it is difficult to maintain those numbers when you have many tasks on your plate. The starting salary is also not feasible for a college student who pays rent/insurance/college loans. Also, the hours were 7am-5pm, thats a very long day and it is hard to have a life after work considering you're often exhausted by the time you get home.
Pros
fun work place
Cons
long hours, micro-managed, low salary
Great place to grow your career
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTNovember 30, 2014
This is a phone job, so a typical day here is spent at your desk talking on the phone. When you start out with Barton you will need to spend a lot of time cold calling. This can be frustrating, but will pay off for you if you build a strong database of people to work with. Over time your role as a recruiter changes and less time is spent cold calling. You get the opportunity to build relationships with clients and have more rewarding conversations.

One of the best parts of the job is the people and job culture at Barton. The office is always full of energy. Though it is a competitive environment everyone is friendly and willing to help out. Barton does a lot of little things to keep work fun. Since I started we have had several dress down weeks and office parties for every holiday. Management is supportive and encourages you to grow your career. If you are looking to get into a leadership role there are a lot of opportunities to do so.

This job will improve your communication skills, help you become more organized and goal oriented. You will need to prioritize and manage your time effectively to excel in this position. This is a great way to learn about recruiting if you are brand new to it. Barton is a growing company and a place where you will be rewarded for your hard work.
Pros
opportunity to make a lot of money, great people, m-f schedule, benefits
Cons
low starting salary, long work hours.
Rewarding career in medical staffing
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLOctober 1, 2012
Day starts at 7am with a morning meeting in which there is round table discussion and training to increase productivity.
Trained to become an expert in medical staffing.
Management is excellent, there is no micro managing and the managers "are in the trenches" with you the whole day. They are very approachable and knowledgeable.
Overall atmosphere is competitive but friendly. There is a sense of camaraderie among co-workers.
Hardest part of the job is waking up early and being on the phone for 3+ hours a day.
The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to clients and building a lasting proffessional relationship, even though it's not always easy, it's very rewarding. Also, it's very gratifying when you put deals together and help your client meet their need.
Pros
competitive compensation, great benefits, advancement opportunities, friendly work environment, excellent management, great training.
Cons
long hours (minimum of 50/weekly)

Comment – May 11, 2013

No micro-managing? Thats a joke right?

Provider Beware
Medical Provider (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 24, 2014
Based upon my personal experience with Barton Associates as a trained profession, I would not recommend working with this agency. Throughout the employment search process, the representatives of Barton were not forthright about assignment details, when dealing with compensation, or the credentialing process. The contract presented by Barton was unscrupulous at best in which their finders fees amounted to half of the salary offered by the company. In addition, the contract contained questionable legal addendums (no time off, no sick leave, no flexibility, no compensation for no show appointments while Barton is able to pocket their share regardless). I would strongly recommend that you look to other agencies if you are a health care provider or company in search of quality providers in the health care industry. You have a choice as a consumer and Barton is not a good choice based upon my experience.
Cons
dishonest and unscrupulous business practices, no interest in working for the client.
Very young workplace
Associate Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTMay 26, 2015
A typical workday is coming into the office for 7am and being glued to a phone for 10+ hours attempting to sell Barton and locums to hospitals, privately own doctor offices, etc. Very heavily sales and okay work place if fresh out of college in need of job. This company works based on salary and commissions(doesn't kick in until after 6 months). If sales is what you want to do as a career, then take a look into Barton. There is room for growth with company.
Pros
hour break for lunch
Cons
very young environment majority of staff is fresh out of college, the starting salary is not the best
Great Place for Aggressive Sales
Physician Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Jupiter, FLJune 11, 2012
Fun atmosphere with great people. If you want to be in a position to make commission sales, this is the job for you. Big personality is a must and above-average phone communication skills are necessary.
Pros
friendly and helpful management, weekends off
Cons
heavy phone time
good for fresh out of college
Associate Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Enfield, CTJuly 8, 2015
Good for recent graduates looking for jobs in sales and laid back environment. Excessive amount of cold calling in a single day, long hours.
Fun and flexible work assignments
Family Nurse Practitioner, Locum tenem (Current Employee) –  Saltillo, MSSeptember 15, 2014
I learned how to work effectively in a short time with strangers.
PRODUCTIVE AND VERY KNOWLEDABLE
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 30, 2012
Outbound calls to clients to offer loans and annuity payments.
Pros
company dinners
Cons
short breaks