Barton Associates Employee Reviews

No work life balance but you can make a lot of $$$
Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 3, 2017
If you are literally only concerned about your own advancement, money, and are able to not talk to anyone but your manager then you will succeed here. If you are a team player, enjoy helping others, and want to enjoy your life, do not apply.
Pros
Young staff which makes for a fun environment
Cons
poor management, overall culture is toxic, they demote/fire people left and right
Great Company
Senior Recruiter- Hospitalist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time working for this staffing company. Learned a lot of great skills from talented people. Grateful for working here. The work environment is exciting and the company is very well set up and organized in the way it conducts business with its employees and clients.
A great job, but has its downside
Fullfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hardwick, MAMarch 14, 2017
Work can be stressful. You are vonstasntly being hounded at to be on the phone and call people ALL day long, several times sometime until they answer the phone. I learned that I don't have it in my heart to harass people all day long with phone calls about jobs they won't even want. The hardest part of the job was having to try and sell a job to someone who didn't even want it, and to be sitting down all day. The most enjoyable part of the job was that you didn't have to work on the weekends.
Pros
No weekends or holidays.
Cons
Long day, short breaks and not being able to walk around.
Bad job, but good first job if you want to get into professional world.
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 8, 2017
High school like culture, Favoritism, benefits, bad base pay, bad office, and bad environment. Could make a lot of $$$, great place to get experience.
Pros
PTO and Benefits, chance to make a lot of money
Cons
Bad culture, Bad base pay, Bad hours, Bad management
Fast paced, friendly environment
Associate Credentialer (Former Employee) –  Hardwick, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Worked with sales staff on new job listings to get Doctors, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants credentialed and/or licensed to be able to work their locum tenen job. It was very fast paced and detail orientated. One of the most gratifying feelings at this job was finishing a really tough assignment and having the Nurse Practitioner or Doctor start their job.
Locum Agency
Nurse Practitioner, Locum Tenen (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MADecember 15, 2016
Barton Associated has skillful employees to secure locum contracts. Barton is NOT a placement agency and their buy out fees are higher than industry standard. The flip side is that they can secure skillful providers and match them with top paying agencies for contract work. Providers for Barton are independent contractors not employees, which means providers get a 1099 IRS form, no taxes are take out and providers will have to pay higher tax rate as an IC. All of this is in the contract providers sign during on boarding, but not explained well up front. Barton has secured me with excellent opportunities and exceptional pay. They communicate well and often depending on the provider rep; my rep was attentive to my needs.
recruitment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MANovember 25, 2016
It's a company with great benefits, but really boring and long. You're on the phone all day trying to sell locum tenens . The day start at 7am and ends at 5pm
Helping hospitals overcome provider shortages
Associate Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAOctober 27, 2016
All I can say is, RUN FOR THE HILLS! toxic environment where even management pick and choose their favorites and act like hypocrites when they say they are professionals, but yet, spend most of the day throwing stuff at each other.
Pros
ping pong table to escape the everyday struggles of this job
Cons
The company in general.
Fun and young work environment with great managers!
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 26, 2016
The office is full of young energetic employees! Everyone is great and we always have a good time at work. The managers were more like coaches than bosses. They were always striving to do anything you needed them to do to help you succeed.

The only con is that this was a sales job and you were judged based on how much money you can make for the company. If you weren't giving enough effort or making enough money you will get let go. But the great thing is that before they let you go they will always try to change your position within the company. If you don't like sales they will switch you to an admin role. They are always striving to help you as long as you put the effort into the job. Overall great environment and a great sales job. My only issue is that I am not a sales person.
Fun workplace with plenty of opportunity
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTSeptember 19, 2016
fun enviroment, you are very independent at this position. It is very long hours of cold calling with no immediate satisfaction. Must build a database of providers willing to leave their home and work at jobs across the country. Very difficult opportunities to sell. There is a whole lot of cold calling involved as well.
Pros
ability to make alot of money via commission and base pay
Cons
not secure at all.
Cut-throat work environment
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hardwick, MASeptember 15, 2016
Barton Associates was a hostile and cut throat work environment and I felt as though people were constantly undermining each other and never able to work as a team.
Locum Psych NP
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 5, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Barton & Associates for the first assignment. They were responsive, made my problems their problems and worked with me to solve them.
Pros
Freedom, great pay, great release valve for frustrations
Cons
Credentialing department
entry level sales
Associate recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 21, 2016
Long hours and hard work for little pay at first, but if you enjoy sales over the pone then it will definitely pay off in the long run
Work at Barton
Associate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Enfield, CTAugust 16, 2016
Good company but there should be more direction in the Start of the position. Should also start the day at 8 am instead of 7 am. I could like some warmer call options.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No direction
Sales Job
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 15, 2016
Basically a 6 month paid internship. 50% turnover rate in the first 6 months if you make it past that its less then 5% because your good at selling. 7-5 Monday-Friday so 45 hour work week.
Pros
Opportunity to make good money
Cons
Cold Calling, Long days, High turnover
Competitive work environment
Associate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 9, 2016
This is a sales job with a high turnover rate because it's tough to actually make a sale. If you are comfortable cold-calling and sending a bunch of emails all day than this job is for you.
Stressful, fast paced environment.
Fulfillment Specialist, Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 5, 2016
A typical work day started at 8am and ended at 6pm.

I learned how to communicate with medical professionals in order to place them in jobs throughout the US.

Management was very helpful for the most part but also expected me to figure a lot out on my own.

I enjoyed my co-workers, however, many didn't plan to stay with the company long. It was more of a stepping stone.

The most difficult part of my position was ensuring the providers would go to the job itself, as well as making sure they honored the contracts they signed.

The most enjoyable part of this position was getting to know new people.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Long, Stressful days.
Terrible management with no training and shark tank atmosphere
Account Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 20, 2016
They fire the hardest workers, give the best work to the slackers, training is nonexistent, worst job ever, do not recommend.
Pros
Break for coffee in morning
Negative Place to work.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 16, 2016
A typical day drags on and it feels like you are literally there for forever. Cold calling job that can become extremely frustrating. Expected to be there at 7 am and stay pass 5. If you leave at 5 you will be given dirty looks from management. They do not understand job work and life balance at all. No sense of job security here either. No breaks given through out the day either besides lunch break.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Micro managed, Terrible pay and benefits
Great first job, good company
Provider & Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 9, 2016
I really have enjoyed my time with Barton Associates. The culture is great, it's a very young company and there a good number of benefits. The Austin, TX office has really grown and being a part of it since day 1 has been very rewarding.
Pros
Relaxed office environment
Cons
Management is not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9