Barton Employee Reviews

Enjoyed working there
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2017
I enjoyed working there. I learned different departments and was given opportunity for advancement. I liked the environment and my coworkers were there to help and work as a team.
Self Paced.
Officer (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 22, 2017
Drive to building to secure them.
Go inside building and check all floor .
Walk around the perimeter area of buildings.
Check elevator and make sure they are working.
Lots to do
Dietary Aid (Current Employee) –  AustinAugust 21, 2017
This is a hard job that requires you to live up to high standards and the pay is very low. It is also high risk people could choke and die. They always add more and more little things for you to do.
Good Company, Nice People
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 28, 2017
Great company if you are looking to stay in construction management. The people are helpful and everyone is willing to help. Not a good fit for anyone on the fence about their future.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Work on Holidays
Immediate Supervisor/Attorney a Pleasure to Work For
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 20, 2016
Prepared legal documents for court proceedings; took shorthand and filed documents at courthouse. At times assisted with paralegal duties.

Other than breaks, not much time to mingle with coworkers due to high pressure of job.

Loved the satisfaction of preparing all documents in a timely manner.
Pros
Partner I reported to was fair and a pleasure to work for
Cons
Senior partner of law firm was inconsistent
higher levels needed
Control room Opp/Receptionist/Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 1, 2016
Was here after the military, and while in my early 20's took and passed every training class/school available to me and passed. but could never reach higher than assistant manager at a post. I was told that it was because of my age.
Pros
lots of educational traing
Cons
advancement not there
Great beginning of litigation and appellate experience.
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 25, 2016
This firm taught me much about litigation and appeals. Unfortunately with the firm based in Gainesville, Florida, there was very limited advancement potential within the firm. Trial experience and appellate experience is massive and well documented.
Pros
Appellate experience
Cons
Small compensation
Not good
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Campbell, CANovember 2, 2015
All I can it was nothing but politics. One star equals zero stars.

Barton sold us out. It seems like they only take good care of the sick lame and lazy, and hurt the good officers. The supervisors and managers don't about your needs, and they were hard to come in contact. But what ever it is what they want then they get a hold of you. And when you wish to talk about what you need, they shy away, real slick like. I don't advise this company.
BBTT is a professional, family oriented practice that values and appreciates their employees.
Office Manager/Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 6, 2015
The partners at BBTT, strive to build lasting, trusting relationships with their employees and clients. This legal practice is focused and because of the years of experience, the partners are able to quickly identify legal issues relevant to their clients’ needs and to address those legal issues quickly and competently.
Benefits
getting to meet new people daily,and helping them in whatever situation they have
receptionist (Current Employee) –  corbin,kyApril 17, 2015
I have learnt over the years that people are from every walks of life, and all people are different in their own way. Especially on a Dr.'s view, some are here cause they are sick, some cause of things that are going on in their lives, and some to just hit base with the Dr.'s point of view, however, they have some medical problems, that they need help, I feel as an receptionist, it all starts there at that window, how you treat these people has a big impact on them and us as an office. Some of these patients are sick and don't feel good, or just having a bad day, and I feel like its my job to get them thru it and keep a smile and a warm heart to them no matter what the situation is at that time. I enjoy my job and I enjoy the patients, the most enjoyable part of my job is to see them smile at me when they check out, it makes me feel like we(as an Dr.'s office have accomplished what we set out to do for the day).The hardest part is to see the look on patients eyes, when a loved one has past, or found out they have cancer, it sure has taught me that we are not promised tomorrow.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
holidays off
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2015
work on various projects such as filing, ordering supplies, answering phones, etc.

I have learned and picked on on various skills

Co-Workers are GREAT

Not a hard job at all

I enjoy the work environment
The Barton-Lexa School District is a good stepping district for new teachers but not a school district that I would recommend longterm.
Director of Bands (Current Employee) –  Lexa, ARApril 18, 2013
The Barton-Lexa school district is a small district located in the toughest county to teach in within the State of Arkansas. Located in the heart of Phillips County, the culture is very one dimensional. The compensation and benefits are higher than the norm; however, this is because it is very difficult to attract quality teachers to the area due to safety concerns.

Overall, the education culture and values at this school are sub-par. While teaching, I taught under an administration that valued sports more than education. Perhaps the biggest concern is the vast number of students who are enrolled in up to three study hall periods during their eight period schedule. I am not sure; however, I do believe the state has a provision which prevents the administration or the student from allowing a student to be enrolled in more than one study hall period.

The job security at this district is average. If you do your job and not complain much, you can expect a contract renewal. The work environment is highly stressful at this school. You can expect at least 1-2 fights per week and even some threats from students as well. The administration is does not have a good discipline system in place.

Overall, the Barton-Lexa school district can be described as sports oriented school in a poor environment. I would not recommend this school as a place to teach at for longer than a couple of years.
Good
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2013
A small tax office. Mainly answered phones and greeted clients.
Pros
gain confidence
Cons
during tax season short breaks
Making the Dorm a better place
Community Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILDecember 9, 2012
Had to organize volunteer programs for my peers that live in the dormitory at the school. My coworkers were very encouraging and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see my project become a success.
Pros
planning the event
Cons
trying to decide what can interest a large amount of people.
Learned alot
Security Guard Dispatcher Allied (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
Everyday was a day to learn something new. I learned how to better work in my field.
Pros
longevity and friendly management
Cons
not enough hours
Defiantely a good place to work and grow
Patrol Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDJuly 28, 2012
Typical day at work entailed many tasks which all had to mutitask and having a great group of helpful people to work with made days or nights just running smoothly. Cowrkers including supervsiors were alwyas dependable and trustworthy right when u need them they were always there. The only bad thing was that the company folded they went bankrupt
Pros
great schedules breat coworkers and pleasant enviroment
Cons
no benefits/ company folded they went bankrupt
fun place very productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 14, 2012
check in guest/visitors, monitor cameras, deal with contractors, walk around building, great co-workers