Barton

Barton Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 28, 2015
work on various projects such as filing, ordering supplies, answering phones, etc.

I have learned and picked on on various skills

Co-Workers are GREAT

Not a hard job at all

I enjoy the work environment
The Barton-Lexa School District is a good stepping district for new teachers but not a school district that I would recommend longterm.
Director of Bands (Current Employee), Lexa, ARApril 18, 2013
The Barton-Lexa school district is a small district located in the toughest county to teach in within the State of Arkansas. Located in the heart of Phillips County, the culture is very one dimensional. The compensation and benefits are higher than the norm; however, this is because it is very difficult to attract quality teachers to the area due to safety concerns.

Overall, the education culture and values at this school are sub-par. While teaching, I taught under an administration that valued sports more than education. Perhaps the biggest concern is the vast number of students who are enrolled in up to three study hall periods during their eight period schedule. I am not sure; however, I do believe the state has a provision which prevents the administration or the student from allowing a student to be enrolled in more than one study hall period.

The job security at this district is average. If you do your job and not complain much, you can expect a contract renewal. The work environment is highly stressful at this school. You can expect at least 1-2 fights per week and even some threats from students as well. The administration is does not have a good discipline system in place.

Overall, the Barton-Lexa school district can be described as sports oriented school in a poor environment. I would not recommend this school as a place to teach at for longer than a couple of years.
Good
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 18, 2013
Pros: gain confidence
Cons: during tax season short breaks
A small tax office. Mainly answered phones and greeted clients.
Making the Dorm a better place
Community Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILDecember 9, 2012
Pros: planning the event
Cons: trying to decide what can interest a large amount of people.
Had to organize volunteer programs for my peers that live in the dormitory at the school. My coworkers were very encouraging and supportive. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see my project become a success.
Learned alot
Security Guard Dispatcher Allied (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: longevity and friendly management
Cons: not enough hours
Everyday was a day to learn something new. I learned how to better work in my field.
Defiantely a good place to work and grow
Patrol Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDJuly 28, 2012
Pros: great schedules breat coworkers and pleasant enviroment
Cons: no benefits/ company folded they went bankrupt
Typical day at work entailed many tasks which all had to mutitask and having a great group of helpful people to work with made days or nights just running smoothly. Cowrkers including supervsiors were alwyas dependable and trustworthy right when u need them they were always there. The only bad thing was that the company folded they went bankrupt
fun place very productive
Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 14, 2012
check in guest/visitors, monitor cameras, deal with contractors, walk around building, great co-workers