BARTOW REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Hospital Pharmacist
Clinical and Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 20, 2015
Pros: LEARNING!!
Cons: On Call in the evenings
Days were 12 hours long, 7 days on and 7 days off with on call in the evenings. The management and staff were wonderful! The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity for learning. The hardest part of the job was getting called out in the middle of the night.
OK
Lab Technologist Supervisor (Former Employee), Bartow, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: hospital
Cons: management
This hospital needs a few changes in management. There are problems on every floor and always problems with staff.
awful management, awful pay, poor hospital moral which led to poor patient care
radiology department (Current Employee), Bartow, FLAugust 12, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: awful work environment
Shifts are always ran short rather we are busy or not. Protocols and policies are not consistent. Pay is the lowest in Polk County with a large overturn. Hospital moral is awful because we are treated like we are so expendable. No recogization to loyal and long time employees. They hire new grads paying more than 10 yr employees and we receive either none or 2% raises and have not had a cost of living raise in over 7 yrs. I make less than a dollar more than I did 7 yrs ago.
no comments
Medical Technologist- Generalist/Lead Tech (Former Employee), Bartow, FLAugust 5, 2014
Only 1 tech in night shift, which must also perform phlebotomy duties. Not good when there are 6-9 collections throughout the night while specimens from patients from the ER are constantly being received and expected to satisfy the TAT required.
little room for advancement
ICU, staff nurse (Current Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 27, 2014
small rural hospital with history of large turnover in staff and management
Admininstrative Assistant/Maintenance (Current Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 16, 2014
Work with a great team of guys.
Learned how to handle every day situations that involve patient care, which comes first.
The hardest part of my job is watching how others treat each other.
I love working closely with my co workers and outside vendors.
Working on an overhaul
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Bartow, FLJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: new administration, benefits, to be acquired by chs march'14
Cons: busy days, many admits and dc's, staying late, paper charting
Facility has recently been going through major changes with all new administration. I believe that they have their hearts in the right place and they are working diligently to bring the environment into a more positive light. Presently they are in the transition phase. Though the nurse to patient ratios are reasonable, there are so many ancillary positions that do not exist because it's a very small hospital (74 beds) and I imagine the budget isn't quite there. The extra duties are attached to the nurse roll and this can make things quite hectic. The mindset of some of the older staff is a bit callous. However the key personality trait they have sought in new hires is a "positive attitude." The benefits package is amazing.
Nice small hospital
Ultrasound Technologist (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 28, 2013
Pros: very friendly co-workers.
Cons: relationship with the floor nurses were strained.
When employed at Bartow I worked weekends only. It was a time of growth for me, and I enjoyed it. When an opportunity to work full time came my way with Winter Haven I was elated because the income was better, and I had and have children in college.
Low patient census causing major cut backs
Technologist (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 19, 2013
Pros: friendly staff. clean environment.
Cons: inconsistant work hours
Low patient census causing major cut backs. Recently, cut back all staffs weekly work hours, discontinued acrual of vacation hours, and lowered rate of 401k matching to1%. Inconsistent management. Some staff members are sent home early, on a daily basis, in spite of recently cutting all full time staff back form 40 hours per week to 36 hours.
Very few patients done weekly in MRI; average about 5 to 10 per week.
Poor
Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 12, 2013
Bartow Regional Medical Center has great employees; however the daily work processes were difficult to utilize. Most departmental goals were unrealistic in thought in conjunction with implementation. Policies regarding patient care changed frequently. Corporate vision wasn't effectively conveyed to employees. In the midst of the difficult work environment, the employees displayed amazing resilience to provide great patient care and team work daily.
Easy work
PRN Sonographer (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 6, 2013
Pros: easy
Cons: sole staff
Got a schedule, made rounds to patient rooms and filed reports.
Great place to work if you don't need money ...
Prefer not to say. (Current Employee), Bartow, FLJune 24, 2013
Pros: hours of operation.
Cons: lack of work/hours/pay.
BRMC is a great place to work ... part-time or PRN. Recently HMA has lowered full time hrs drastically, ceased accrual of vacation hrs until September, and lowered their contribution to our 401K. They blame "ObamaCare". None of this was heard of with the previous CEO. I definitely enjoy working with upper management, MOST of my co-workers, and the hours are awesome but the lack of pay ... is not.
busy floor to work on
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT/TECH (Current Employee), Bartow, FLOctober 27, 2012
Pros: work schedule is 3 days a week
Cons: short breaks when u work 12 hour shifts
i work on the acute care floor and when we are full it is very busy...coworkers are great to work with....
Poor manager protected by HR
RN, ER (Former Employee), Bartow, FLSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: great paycheck.
Cons: nurses were inconvenient tool for using up and tossing away.
Worked in ER where hiding things from JCAHO, OSHA violations and fraudulent documentation were all reported appropriately and through chain and those reports were held against me. HR backed manager who interrupted confidential reports sent up chain when she ignored those reports repeatedly over several weeks. Best thing that happened was that while she chased me out door, she finally had OSHA violations fixed and my co-workers were a bit safer. I pray they have improved.
A professoinal and caring facility
ICU/PCU Nurse Tech, ICU Monitor tech (Former Employee), Bartow, FLAugust 3, 2012
Pros: no free launch
Cons: great coffe and good bed side manners
A great place to work and receive care. It is a improving place of emplopyment with opperuntities in all feilds of healthcare.
Nice place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Bartow, FLJuly 26, 2012
Pros: great management teamwork
Cons: not enough resources for clients.
I started at 6:45am and did 12 hour shifts.
I learned to listen more to the clients and their wants and needs.
My manager was a great lady with great ideas for making things run smoother.
My coworkers were great.
The hardest part of the job was the noise level on the pods, it was a little distracting.
I enjoyed most of what I did there, compiling charts, entering orders, transporting clients to other departments for testing, calling other facilities for records.
great personal
Lead Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Bartow, FLApril 26, 2012
Pros: clean, and caring.
Cons: old equipment.
Wonderful place to work.