Baruch College Employee Reviews in United States

worst job I ever had
Finance/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
the people are not nice. very disrespectful and have no regard of your personal life. You try your best and it will never be good enough.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Great Place to work
Information Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2016
I LOVED working at Baruch. I enjoyed my interaction with the students. I enjoyed helping at the front desk. I love family-like culture they had at Baruch.
Pros
Cons
It is a city job... the pay was not great
good collective, great culture
Internship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2016
learned the job from scratch with the great help of my supervisor and coworkers. no clear evaluation system exists in the department. great corporate culture, worm atmosphere
Nice working place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Student Academic Consulting Center, at Baruch College, is a nice place to work. I help students understand the lecture better during consulting sessions.
Flexible hours
Graduate Career Management Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Depending on what department you're in there can be a lot of autonomy. Great team in the career center. The most enjoyable part of the job was inspiring / challenging students every day.
Pros
Max 35 hours / week
Cons
People get comfortable and may not always be looking to make improvements.
I like this this place for work
Member (Former Employee) –  55 lexington AveJanuary 7, 2016
Baruch was a nice place for work. working environment was friendly, they worked like a team . I worked in psychology and communication department in Baruch College. I like this place for work.
Productive with more for improvement
Registrar Front Desk - (College Assistant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
Priority was mostly on Job security and positioning. This was only one department I worked for at Baruch, but it was a job where sincerity and kindness mattered little in the overall culture, and honesty was not valued, sticking to office politics was the normal.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Was only part-time
Assist studnets with any questions regarding tuition and fees
Bursar/College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
Great support from supervisors and colleagues. A typical day at the office consist of replying to emails, returning calls, screen and direct calls to other departments/ co-workers. Creating bills for tuition reimbursement for students and billed third party companies.
Pros
being able to work and interact with different people
Cons
only being able to work part-time
Positive environment for personal growth
Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2015
Productive and efficient work environment with a supportive staff. Reliable co workers that get the work done in a comfortable space.For a small office, everything was run professionally and everyone had a chance to excel.
great place
Cross Country Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2015
The school is a great place to work. Collaborative environment where management and employees respect each other. Academics are indeed a priority as the school is one of the best undergraduate business school in the country.
Pros
intellectual environment
Cons
no benefits because job is a part time position
Great campus location, great working environment, great people to work with
STUDENT CLERICAL AIDE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2015
Working in a school setting allows for learning from a variety of sources. Great people, both students and staff. Fluid office with clear expectations and open communication.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow
Cons
Graduation ended the job
Fun, and upgrading, where technology continues to increases
Administrator assistance (Former Employee) –  23 Lexington avenue.August 11, 2015
Working for the CUNY system was an amazing experience, which I was looking to retire. I learn how to deal with staff who makes everyday easily for new and old college student. I learn to navigate building and networking with awesome staff.
Pros
Lunch, break, improve workshop and meetings
Cons
Smoking area, short breaks, long walk from office.
Intership
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
This was my first internship and I learned a great deal how an office setting works. Here I learned how to manage office operations.
fun
Dean's secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
great school to work at; great staff; great professors and instructors; location is good; opportunity for growth; great educational institution
Pros
fun
Great flexible hours
Programmer [Internship] (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 2, 2015
Baruch college offers great opportunities for students to apply their knowledge in a real work environment. The programming job puts your knowledge of both IT and finance to the test to come up with creative solutions to achieve the goals of the institution.
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2015
I process new applications for international and domestic students. Make sure everything is correct such as GPA and documents we require to complete an application.
Great departments, engaging faculty
Executive Assistant, Office of the Chair (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
Diverse students, innovative departments, chance to further education, great benefits. Met professors who are giants in the workforce and teach to enhance the future of the next generation.
Pros
discount movie tickets, excellent Arts and Theatre programs
Productive workplace that provides a lot of learning opportunities
Assistant to Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2015
Most days I spent interacting with other parents and student of the highschool summer program. My manager was very influential in teaching me on how to deal with problems when it came to parent's finances or student interests. Managing their expectations with our resources was core to managing the program.

The hardest part of the job was actually managing the part time staff and professors for the project. Most of the time we had to figure out how to best utilize our scarce resources to meet their goals. While it was a bit difficult, compromise was key to a successful project.

I really enjoyed this experience and hope that some day I find myself in the educational field again because I love working and learning from student.
boring
Lab Assistant/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
It is a boring place to work and it doesn't pay enough. There are only two good managers and it takes for ever to get a raise.
A good educational institution with affordable tuition
Ad Hoc Professor, Advanced DBMS (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2015
It was a short term stay as an ad hoc professor for 3 semesters. Overall the this college has a very good curriculum and some highly qualified faculty. The advantage is that some of the faculty members have hands on professional experience with large corporations in New York City.
Pros
Highly qualified & experienced faculty
Cons
Lack of parking space

4.2