Baruch College

Baruch College Employer Reviews

Good benefits for a part time position with decent job security and a good office environment
College Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 25, 2014
Pros: comprehensive benefits, office environment, flexible hours
Cons: busy environment with a lot of volume and not enough staff at times
A typical day at work is spent providing access to library materials to students and professors.

I've learned a lot about editing, proofreading, and citations and what's it's like to work in an academic environment.

Management is willing to work with staff to accommodate specific needs and concerns.

Our co-workers do well as a team and united front.

The – more... most difficult part is helping large amounts of students in short amounts of time.

Being able to keep busy with office work that isn't redundant makes the job enjoyable. – less
Free education after one-year
Administrative Superintendent- of CF & O (Current Employee), New York City/MidtownJune 25, 2014
Pros: they give you 4-weeks vacation and 5-weeks after 8-years
Cons: medical coverage is costly and have not received a salary raise in 7-years
Excellent work environment with a great boss. Co-workers gets along with each other. You are required to be highly organize because of multitasking as there are many challenges but manageable. The hardest part of the job is training staff as it is a multicultural environment and must be diverse to train in English and Spanish. They learn differently – more... and you need to find the niche that will work for you. Most enjoyable part of the job working with caring people and seeing your accomplishments at work. Recognition from the President of the College and CUNY. – less
Collegial environment
College Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 19, 2014
Pros: flexibility at work allowed me to attend graduate school.
Cons: job was a work-study program therefore it ended once i graduated.
*Long-term project collecting financial aid documents from students;
*Scan documents to archive e-version on CUNY's database;
*Create folders for each individual's student documents batch;
*Alphabetize hard copies of documents.
Graduate Assistant
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 21, 2014
fulfilling work!

Great experience! A lot to learn working directly with the professor
Mixed bag
Assistant to the Director of Skills Immersion Prog (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 23, 2014
Enjoyed the department I worked but unfortunately it was closed due to federal cuts.
Fun working place
College Tutor (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 19, 2014
the hardest part of the job is helping other understand the concept and solve the problems
the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing their grades get improved
excellent education environment
Clerical Associate (Former Employee), New York City, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: working with faculty
Cons: long days
Assist students and general work force and public.
Clerical duties
direct supervision
Not a job, just a program
Member (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 13, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Learned more about my school at the beginning of freshman year
Fun place to work
College Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: it is hard to get a full-time
There is always room to learn new things.
Great easy going supervisor
Very nice place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: had fun while working and still got the job done
It was a lot of work, But my co-workers and the customers I worked for was very exciting, I enjoyed working for Baruch College.
Gov'T Environment
Manager (Former Employee), 23rdNovember 16, 2013
Pros: stable and predictable.
Cons: very little accountabilty
Very poor senior management and ethics. Most of the time is spent reacting to crisis and not working strategically. Very well intention staff without strong business acumen. The great benefit is going to school for free.
Served as a volunteer in VITA (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Active work environment.
Challenging position.
Friendly place.
Excellent professors
Student (Current Employee), Manhattan, NYOctober 16, 2013
Pros: have opportunity to expose myself in financial market
You will have tremendous opportunities to expose yourself into financial market and learn a lot about how market works.
work study
Student Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
i had lots of fun learned a lot it was a work study for 6 months..students

management was good

most enjoyable part was working with
A great place to work.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2013
It was a great place to work. The supervisors were very understanding and allowed me to work at my own pace. Deadlines were doable and I learned a lot about marketing research from this position.
TREASURER AND STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Treasurer, Undergraduate Student Government (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: very organized with various jobs and school schedule
Cons: wish i was payed more for the amount of work i produced
GENERATE PAYCHECKS FOR ALL VENDORS OF BARUCH'S 35 CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS AND THE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT GOVERNMENT
CO-ORDINATE WITH BOTH UNDERGRADUATE AND GRADUATE STUDENT GOVERNMENT IN CREATING BUDGETS FOR ALL 60 CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
MANAGE THE PAYROLL AND GENERATE PAYCHECKS FOR OVER 60 BARUCH'S EMPLOYEES

CREATE AND MANAGE THE BUDGET FOR OVER 35 – more... CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
CREATE AND MANAGE THE BUDGET FOR THE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT GOVERNMENT
COORDINATE WITH ACCOUNTING UNIT TO PAY ALL VENDORS FOR CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
MANAGE MY 3 TEAM STAFF AND ENSURE THEIR PAY WAS ACCURATE – less
Great School
Student Leadership Program (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 26, 2013
As a student leader, I had a rewarding job taking care of new students. Also working at the bookstore, I loved serving fellow students.
great school and learning environment
V.P of Personal Relations (Former Employee), new york, new yorkAugust 14, 2013
go to school, go to work , then go home.

get involved only if you have the time, it will definitely pay off towards the end of your baruch career
the office that I was employed from october 2003 to july 2009 was a wonderful environment to work.
College Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2013
A typical work day and environment at Baruch College Undergraduate Admissions just like any other professional office dealing to help enroll potential students into Baruch if they met the criteria, and helping current students register for classes and other requirements like immunization and verification of New York State residency. I learned how to – more... deal with the public in a professional manner and learned how to respectfully approach and understand people of different cultures, religions, and nationalities that needed answers to their needs and concerns; part of that learning process also helped enhanced my communication skills, which is an important asset in the workforce and the real world. Management at Undergraduate Admissions are excellent when it came to enrollment and providing services for students who needed the extra help In fact, Baruch enrolled students from the best high schools in New York, in the United States, and in other parts of the world, which is why is one of the top ten business colleges in America. My co-workers were great people to work with, and for instance, while working there as a student and later a graduate, they helped me a great deal and trained me with certain skills like how to enter stops and clearances into a student database system on the computer and how to conduct a campus tour to a group between 20-30 people. The difficult aspect of the job when it became extremely busy, which in reality, is not difficult at all except while explaining to students who were denied entry into Baruch due to low grades, applied past the dateline, and were missing transcripts. Telling them why they not accepted for those reasons aforementioned, they quickly blame you and the staff for not helping them or for not doing our jobs, but I have to understand that part of the job as a college assistant is to deal with criticism and stay focused to do the job that I have to do.
What enjoyed about the job was helping students, my fellow co-workers because they helped build my character as a person. Those students that I and my co-workers helped thank us for being clear and informative to them Even in situations when I dealt with angry students who were denied entry, a few of them saw me months later or years later and they apologized to me for their anger getting in the way and later becoming students afterward. That was the most enjoyable part of the job. – less
Working at Baruch
College Assistant (Former Employee), New YorkJune 17, 2013
It has its good days and it has its bad days. The hardest thing about working here is the fact that the budget might run out in 2 months and you'll be looking for a new job.