Baruch College Employee Reviews

Learning and Growing
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2017
Working at Baruch College allows be to part of a team bigger than myself.Being able to provide assistance to a variety of students willing to come and learn to receive their Masters degree.Working for Baruch has allowed my coordination skills to advance and be able to multi-task on a daily basis.
Great Experience
Undergraduate Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Loved working at Baruch, would do it again tomorrow! The study body is extremely diverse and they make work fun, interesting and totally worth the effort. I've never worked anywhere that students were so appreciative of my efforts. Having said that be prepared to work hard and sacrifice some time at home.
Pros
Environment has balance of pressure and fun
Cons
can get a little political
productive work place with room for growth
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  55 Lexington AvenueJanuary 17, 2017
Great work environment and good peers. Could be overwhelming at times but good to learn a lot from. Management was great. Hardest part was possibly dealing with a large amount of phone calls and students. Most enjoyable was providing service efficiently.
Great college, good people
ACADEMIC ASSESSMENT OFFICER, OFFICE OF THE PROVOST (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 15, 2016
The office I am working at is composed with talented, courteous, professional and caring people. Typical day at work is busy and therefore goes by fast. Management is caring, understanding and encouraging.
It was a a stable and interesting place to work
Program Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Baruch college offered me opportunity to work among professionals with the highest of professional standards. It also offered the opportunity to work with a varied group of graduate assistants from all corners of the world and interact with some of the top leaders in the nonprofit sector in NYC.
Pros
Reasonable work day, great benefits, fun people to work with and great opportunities to lean.
Cons
Compensation level and bureaucracy
good working experience
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2016
It was a good working experience, employees very nice to work with and very motivating.

Wish I could work there longer....
Happy employees create a happy workplace for management
Assistant to the Dean of Students (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYAugust 30, 2016
My job is easy because of my background in working with people. I have over 20 years in the customer service fields. Working with the Deans is a pleasure because I am the first point of contact for those visiting or who have scheduled meetings.
Pros
my schedule
Cons
my pay
chill
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 28, 2016
a typical day I just process files, co-workers are amazing. Its like basically your second home. There is nothing hard with this job since everything is easy. If you are a fast learner you'll adapt fast.
Pros
a good environment
Cons
short breaks
Great camaraderie amongst coworkers; awesome management; fun place to be
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2016
You will be working with intelligent and compassionate people; those working here are highly self developed people. As a math teaching assistant and tutor, my manager was extremely supportive, both professionally and emotionally. Ironically the hardest part of the job is almost the most enjoyable part of the job - teaching the students, and figuring out what exactly are the missing pieces of information or understanding in their mind that prevent them from grasping a mathematical concept.
Great for Academics
Lecturer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 8, 2016
Baruch College is a public university that is part of the City University of New York public higher education system. It is a great university for those who are pursuing a career in academia. I throughly enjoyed the 6 years that I have spent there.
A fine public institution
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 27, 2016
The History department and Baruch College is superb and has talent able to compete with the big private schools. It has been a pleasure working with the professors at this fine institution.
worst job I ever had
Finance/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2016
the people are not nice. very disrespectful and have no regard of your personal life. You try your best and it will never be good enough.
Pros
Cons
plenty
Baruch is a good place to be
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
working at Baruch college help me to keep a good relationship with my professors and make me want to pursue more education.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not enough hours for a good pay check
Great Place to work
Information Service Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2016
I LOVED working at Baruch. I enjoyed my interaction with the students. I enjoyed helping at the front desk. I love family-like culture they had at Baruch.
Pros
Cons
It is a city job... the pay was not great
good collective, great culture
Internship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2016
learned the job from scratch with the great help of my supervisor and coworkers. no clear evaluation system exists in the department. great corporate culture, worm atmosphere
Nice working place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Student Academic Consulting Center, at Baruch College, is a nice place to work. I help students understand the lecture better during consulting sessions.
Flexible hours
Graduate Career Management Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Depending on what department you're in there can be a lot of autonomy. Great team in the career center. The most enjoyable part of the job was inspiring / challenging students every day.
Pros
Max 35 hours / week
Cons
People get comfortable and may not always be looking to make improvements.
I like this this place for work
Member (Former Employee) –  55 lexington AveJanuary 7, 2016
Baruch was a nice place for work. working environment was friendly, they worked like a team . I worked in psychology and communication department in Baruch College. I like this place for work.
Productive with more for improvement
Registrar Front Desk - (College Assistant) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2015
Priority was mostly on Job security and positioning. This was only one department I worked for at Baruch, but it was a job where sincerity and kindness mattered little in the overall culture, and honesty was not valued, sticking to office politics was the normal.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Was only part-time
Assist studnets with any questions regarding tuition and fees
Bursar/College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 22, 2015
Great support from supervisors and colleagues. A typical day at the office consist of replying to emails, returning calls, screen and direct calls to other departments/ co-workers. Creating bills for tuition reimbursement for students and billed third party companies.
Pros
being able to work and interact with different people
Cons
only being able to work part-time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baruch College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3