BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

many opportunities for learning skill sets
Control Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIJanuary 28, 2016
Many opportunities for learning the chemical jobs in making transporting and quality control. Safety of making, handling and transporting.
Pros
learning skill sets on chemicals
Cons
Shift work
Safe productive plant to work.
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJanuary 26, 2016
BASF is a safety first plant with great people to work for. Day to day its a fast pace atmosphere with quality production and products.
chemical company
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2016
great benefits, fast paced environment, good people. the future evolution will be interesting to watch with the rise of competitors in the industry.
Fun Learning experience.
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Overall a good learning experience for everyone involved. Participated in many different assignment to help with the functions and daily activates of the plant. Management as a whole was okay and was willing to work with problems that may have come up.
Pros
free lunches, good raises, safety, overall good work environment
Cons
managment, job closing
Good Job
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 6, 2016
This was a good job and kept you busy all the time. Excellent supervisors and easy to work for and with. I learned quite a bit about computer troubleshooting while on this project also.
Pros
Great supervisors
Some of the best people to work with.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 24, 2015
Lab Technician-The people that have been there since the doors open basically feel like they own the business. They hold all the cards. They know the job and basically would rather see you fail than to teach you. Good old boy mentality. They have their favorites. If your liked you will do well. If your not like especially by other co-workers you won't last long. The job is dirty and they won't do anything to make it safer for the employee. Could be a great place to work if they cared about employees as much as they care about pushing stuff out the door.
Pros
Some great people there
Cons
To much favoritism
Great balance between work and personal life
STORE MGR (RETAIL) / & WAREHOUSE DISTRIBUTION MGR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2015
Great place to work for if seeking that perfect 7-5 job with weekends off. Family orientated atmosphere, great co-workers, some predictability with a few twists from day to day
Pros
weekends off
Cons
long hours, underutilize in my skill area
The plant life before BASF was the best time
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  McIntosh, ALDecember 9, 2015
A typical day was all work and fun was not in the vocabulary. What I learned is that BASF is a very large company and employees are only numbers and not individuals. Many of the local management were good to work for but the corporate management was another story. The co-workers I had were a good bunch or hard working folks that always tried every day to do their best. The hardest part was dealing with the constant grind. The most enjoyable part was leaving.
Great career growth
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VADecember 4, 2015
System troubleshooting. Improving raw material efficiency and yield, energy conservation, system improvement studies and minimization of equipment downtime. Product quality and product yield improvement.
Pros
The company is large and can provide a career growth opportunities.
Cons
BASF favours consolidation of their facilities at one location.
Family environment
Quality Control Catalyst Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXNovember 29, 2015
BASF is a very great company to work for because of its strong family values, the great treatment of there employees, and there pursuit of excellence.

Want to know more about BASF?

Ask a question
Great Place to work with a family environment
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Sparks, GANovember 22, 2015
Pros
Family environment
Cons
The work hours
Great Place to Work
Indsutry Sector Manager (Current Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 9, 2015
Great Place to Work
Great emphasize of work life balance
Lots of opportunity to grow
Ability to drive projects
Great people to work with
Worked alone
Coating Analysis II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 8, 2015
Never had to worry about any boss
I worked alone and if everything was running smoothly
you never heard from anyone. Set my own hours company car
Great Insurance
BASF Summer Intership 2014
Process Development Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXOctober 23, 2015
The projects were good and the mentor was very helpful. I had three projects total during the 3-month internship. I enjoyed working at BASF!
Pros
good projects, helpful mentor
Cons
Worked with pest in sugar cane and lectures in many mills
Entomologist for Pest in Sugar Cane (Former Employee) –  BrazilOctober 22, 2015
The job was in direction to control of pest (termites) in sugar cane, many lectures and support to sales due the product to control this pest. Good interaction with farmers and mills.
Pros
Free lunch, internet, cell phone, Healthcare assistance
Biological Technician (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 21, 2015
I enjoyed my time here as a contractor; I only wish I had more options for full-time employment with the company!
I think BASF has a great culture, it's very safety-conscious, and they do a diverse amount of very important research for feeding the planet.
liked job for first 15 years,shift work started getting to me and family.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, MOOctober 20, 2015
12 hour rotating shift work. Holidays, every other weekend worked. 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am. good benefits,pay. some co workers good to work with.
Old plant old machinery
Engineering Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Mauldin, SCOctober 18, 2015
Sorry place to work plant was falling apart. Maintenance manager not very easy to get along with had his on picks. Machinery was hard to work on due to poor placement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor management
Stable Job with good pay
Coatings Analyst (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 18, 2015
The typical work day included gathering data, analyzing the data, and the forecasting trends that might prevent current or future problems.
I learned the skills of multi-tasking, dealing with a variety of management levels and engineers, and how a multi-billion dollar corporation function. The management I worked under was very laid back, which I enjoyed because I am a self starter and don't need a lot of supervision. My coworkers are good people. Some are harder workers than others, but that is to be expected in any work environment. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people and trying to persuade them to make the necessary changes to improve the process or fix problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is feeling like I was making a difference in the lives of everyone that drove a Nissan Vehicle.
Pros
Some paid lunches
Cons
Lots of overtime, low chance of advancement
I enjoyed working in the Fibers Division of BASF
Sr. Scheduling Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCOctober 15, 2015
It was a good company to work at before it suffered, like many companies have, when the economy collapsed. The Fibers Division was divested and sold to another company, then to another until the plant was finally closed.

I enjoyed the benefits and working with the people at the Fibers plant. I wish it were still open and operating but under better conditions.

I learned how to be a self starter and how to deal with difficult issues on a day to day basis. I enjoyed scheduling and keeping up with inventory incoming and outgoing.

It was difficult when the plant changed hands and finally closed but I don't regret being part of that industry.
Pros
Good healthcare benefits
Cons
The fibers industry was divested and then closed