BASF Employee Reviews

Alot of good people lost there jobs.
Production Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 15, 2018
Great family I worked with. Basf shut the doors! I was never given a offer at there plant in Madison Al. I have applied many times over the years. Even went and took a test. passed it and no calls.
There are a lot of racist people that work there
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIFebruary 15, 2018
I really just did not like working at the place at all it was nothing like what I thought it would be The managers do not have any respect for the workers
Pros
No one is really on your back
Cons
It’s hard to get hired in
Diversity Inclusion
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT/LEAN COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAFebruary 14, 2018
I question if they value diversity since the definition of diversity/inclusion is identified as white females. This demographic of moves faster and is retented more often than any other demographic group. Middle and upper management reflects this practice.
Excellent place to work
Chemical Operator I (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 12, 2018
BASF provides excellent support for employees. They provide numerous perks and additional benefits.
They seem to truly care about their employees and about their well being.
I Have worked government and government contract jobs my entire life and this if the first job I have had outside of that, and I can say that this company truly believes in their employees and takes care of them in every way possible.
Some of the work is not easy and can be very dangerous but their training programs are very good and they will never " throw you to the wolves". They make sure you are comfortable with your job duties before they just release you to do them on your own.
Everyone I met was really nice and pleasant.
Pros
you don't clock out for breaks and lunch unless you leave the building
Cons
12 hour shifts can be taxing sometimes
great safety culture
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 9, 2018
BASF is a great company, with a good safety culture, one of the problems with this company is they tend to pay their employees on the lower end of the spectrum compared to other companies.
High-Profile Chemical Plant
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIFebruary 8, 2018
Variety of polyurethane projects take place in the urethane applications building. As a contractor, definitely did not get treated with respect by elders and go looked down upon as if I did not know anything. However, did provide great resume booster and good manufacturing experience.
Professional and Respectable Company
Global Director, Demand and Supply (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 5, 2018
BASF is a company that values it employees and is highly selective in choosing the most qualified person for a job. The culture is very professional and disciplined. If you work hard, are dedicated, intelligent and respectful you will succeed here.
no comment
Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AZFebruary 5, 2018
I wish to provide no comment as I signed confidentiality agreements.I cant really say anything other than there are a lot of physical requirements for this job.
Horrible environment
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Management feeds you lies, they change policies whenever they want, supervisors are not qualified for their roles, and they basically do what they want. They also took away our on site HR contact, so good luck. Training is an utter ridiculous joke. Operators live off telling on each other like a soap opera and there is more broken equipment at Resins, than all other buildings combined.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Unhealthy and unsafe environment
factory
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GAFebruary 4, 2018
The job could have been a fun job but most the staff made the decisions and kept up a lot of drama basically what the staff and people there that has been there a while said that's what it was

Want to know more about BASF?

Ask a question
Productive workplace, lots of overtime
Senior Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXFebruary 3, 2018
Overall I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a job that pays well, but the work life balance isn't there for me. There is other locations on my site that is not so time demanding but it is hard to transfer once you are slotted to a position.
Pros
Company has great benefits
Cons
Rotating shift
Work 12 hour shifts in QC (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 1, 2018
Good place to work. Good environment. Long hours. Money is okay compared to other places. Benefits and vacation are really good. Can be a little stressful at times
Pros
Work schedule and benefits
Cons
Long hours and management
Eliminated the sales position
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2018
Responsible for growing the business. After 2 years, BASF got out of the flooring business. Educating current and new distributors on the products of BASF.
Pros
Experienced in selling the a sundry items
Cons
No one knew of BASF in this business
Good pay and benefits management in Lab not good
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 31, 2018
Good pay & benefits
No advancement in lab environment
Poor management
Enforcement of job duties (some employees are made to do what is expected and some are not)
Fast paced in some areas
Very Stressful in some areas
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Was OK place to work when it was Engelhard
Corporate Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 31, 2018
BASF put you under EHI. I was a security officer that control employees and visitors coming into the plant. Then I control the employees and visitors leaving the plant.
Pros
Money
Cons
stressful
Great Company Culture and Work Enviroment
Customer Care Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJanuary 30, 2018
The company really cares about work life balance and has a very competitive compensation plan. Also, the company cares about your learning and development to drive your career.
Productive and fun atmosphere to be involved in.
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Management was always interactive and ready to answer questions. Learned how to handle over the phone conversation when dealing with products and descriptive explanations of its functions. Learned how to better pace myself with conversion, slowing down pace of how I talk. Hardest part was job was constant phone calls. Most enjoyable was overall the environment.
Production
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 29, 2018
The company had great benefits . Upper management needs to reconstructed. A lot of work hours. The people was great to work with. A lot of team work there.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not much home time
Productive and great work crew.
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Seneca, SCJanuary 28, 2018
Great work environment with great people and wonderful benefits. Lack of experienced maintenance technicians. Wages are always kept to a median pay scale. Easy to advance with the right mindset. Very dynamic work schedule.
Pros
Great 401k match.
Cons
Poor preventative maintenance on equipment
Fast paced automotive coatings supplier
Senior Chemist / Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 25, 2018
Enjoyed my time at BASF, good work culture continually striving for improvement. Decent to excellent management, but low tenure for Presidents due to international rotations..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2