BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

Great Place
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
At BASF, we value the differences in our workforce as they are key to the success of our business and to the achievement of our status as “partner of choice.” Building an inclusive environment that encompasses diversity of gender, race, experience and points of view is paramount not only to our future success, but to our ability to attract and retain the best people.
Focused on bottom line
North America Business Director (Former Employee), Florham park njApril 7, 2015
many long time employee. Senior level require overseas delegation

Continuous improvement Very large corp with many bosses in a matrix org

working long hours and weekends overseas
Productive and safe place to work at.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 4, 2015
Safety is top priority here. They are always updating safety programs to ensure safety for all employees. Company has good benefits and is global which makes it easy to transfer to different sites. Another good thing is they are willing to help employees move up in status and work on goals to help strengthen the employees to move up to better jobs, either in the company or just in the workplace.
great place to work
PRICING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. I got my first job out of college there and remained at that company until my division was bought out. I was very committed to that company.
nice people
Manager (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJMarch 29, 2015
people are nice and talented. sometimes it feels as if recognition is hard to come by, which might depend on ones department/function/business unit.
Enjoyable employement
Hydroxylamine Unit, Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 27, 2015
Open and able to communicate well. LEAN work ethics. Open to opportunities for all levels. Quality products and personel
production is very interesting
Process Tech (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: did not give the employees with tenure nothing
love the company but froze pension, not very good move did not due anything for the tenure employees but gave the new tech 40 hours of vacation but we did not get anything, other then that great co to work for.
Very diverse company
QA Lab Analyst Sr (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: salery, benifits, being treated as an equal, room for growth
Cons: negative atitude of some co-workers
BASF is a very diverse company in which I am proud to be a part of. The department in which I work is the analytical department. This particular dept. is very unique from any other lab in the company. It has one of the highest volumes produced and the highest profits. What we make in this block is SAP (super absorbent polymer) which is used to make diapers and other products. This is also a very demanding unit and challenging. I love this job and love the day to day and night challenges is has for me. This is the only lab at our site in which has shift work, meaning we work the same schedule as the operators in the plant. 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts rotating form week to week from days to nights.
The people in this plant are all treated as equals. From the managers to the janitor. Everyone has a purpose and is treated as such.
hi
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), miMarch 2, 2015
A great place to work, everyone here is very smart and if you want a place to grow and learn BASF is it. nannannanaanananananananananananananana
Great Opportunities for Engineers and Chemists
Materials Management Manager (Current Employee), Geismar LA.February 25, 2015
Good place to work, with many opportunities to advance if you have an engineering or Chemistry degree. Good work life and benefits>
good place to make money
QA/QC (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 24, 2015
BASF is a very good place to work if you like working a lot of long hours with few days off. i eventually had to leave there to make more time for my family
Bad management and bad work environment!
Lab tech (Former Employee), GeismarFebruary 21, 2015
Bad management at Geismar. The company kept losing good employees. The political issues are everywhere even in the lab. People working there cheating, fighting for one spot...
Contactors treated differently
Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 12, 2015
Being a contractor I was given a cubby hole to work in. Engineers were great to work with. The person I reported to knew less about how to function in PO SAP than me.
Good place to work.
Current employee (Current Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 7, 2015
This is a good place to work. The employee is looked after and taken care of. Pay could be a little higher. It is hard to move out of current position.
very professional, safe place to work
Utilities Operator (Current Employee), Greenville, OHFebruary 5, 2015
I have been employed by BASF Corp. for 22 years and I could not ask for a better company to work for. The people I have worked with are the best.
managing the area and maintaing some type of order
Security Guard (Former Employee), Tarrytown, NYFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: a paid break
Cons: dealing with rude and unruley customers, and or clients
a typical day at work is visitors coming in and out the building, notifying management of anything unusual and in the regular schedule. logging in shipments from other companies, and escorting people around the building, and following emergency procedures.
Work
Greenhouse and Labortory Technician (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 2, 2015
Everything from management to the environment is very positive. I really enjoy coming to work everyday to work towards improving the future.
BASF is a great place to work at
Export Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits work/life balance
Cons: people stay in the same position for decades
Great pay and benefits
Great work/life balance - option to telework from home
Good job security
Management is like family
Great culture and caring people
Independent and cool job setting
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: nice job, cool setting
Cons: night shift work bymyself
Perfect location, close to home, nice setting, good environment., good job, nice benefits etc.,
Great people, great place
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, safe working environment, friendly co-workers
Cons: limited advancement
The registration process was challenging, yet stimulating and rewarding. Interaction with co-workers was productive and pleasant. Onsite management was very open and responsive to suggestions/ideas and recognized daily efforts and achievements. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working in a safe, pleasant environment with caring, responsible co-workers. The most difficult part of the job was having all administrative positions relocated to another state and not being able to relocate due to family ties/responsibilities; thus ending my 15-year employment.

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We – Read more

BASF Salaries