BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

Great solid company
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Freeport, TXApril 27, 2015
BASF is a great company to work for, have a very family oriented work life balance. I should not have left this company. would like to return to their employment.
Helping to Create Humira
Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Passion for the opportunity to work with great and brilliant scientists
Cons: None, only challenges to help me and others grow
Designed and delivered all the Leadership training associated with the creation of the Great RA Drug Humira.

Worked with research scientists and manufacturing in the creation of Humira.

Reported directly to the CEO
Automotive Supply Chain
Supply Chain Operations Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2015
I have become very experienced in the automotive supply chain at BASF. I'm responsible for all incoming and outgoing material while maintaining inventory metrics. It's a very challenging job that I enjoy. There is something new everyday that occurs which must be addressed and solved in order to prevent any disruptions in the automotive supply chain.
Exciting carrier with endless challenges
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee), Newport, DEApril 17, 2015
Pros: competitive pay and benefits. constant training and improvment
Cons: Management
The most important thing that BASF has tough me in my career is that nothing is more important than safety. From the very beginning they showed me why safety comes first which has allowed me not only to bring safety to work but also allow me to use it at home with my family. My job duties there where to follow daily batch card report and follow/adjust product blending as needed per batch. Use of a chemical industrial lab help aid in the testing of the batches. It is a team orientated work environment, witch helped you get along and improve your skills and knowledge.
Computer Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Commute
On the computer 95 % of the day. Working on P&IDs.
checking emails for a new job to come in and commutation from project managers.
Very large company that I enjoyed working for.
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena,TexasApril 10, 2015
Pros: Encouraged employees growth
Cons: Lots of paperwork to get things done
Good benefits and pay. Room for advancement and career movement. Many different locations thru out north America. With a company this large, sometimes hard to get things done quickly
Great Place
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
At BASF, we value the differences in our workforce as they are key to the success of our business and to the achievement of our status as “partner of choice.” Building an inclusive environment that encompasses diversity of gender, race, experience and points of view is paramount not only to our future success, but to our ability to attract and retain the best people.
Focused on bottom line
North America Business Director (Former Employee), Florham park njApril 7, 2015
many long time employee. Senior level require overseas delegation

Continuous improvement Very large corp with many bosses in a matrix org

working long hours and weekends overseas
Productive and safe place to work at.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 4, 2015
Safety is top priority here. They are always updating safety programs to ensure safety for all employees. Company has good benefits and is global which makes it easy to transfer to different sites. Another good thing is they are willing to help employees move up in status and work on goals to help strengthen the employees to move up to better jobs, either in the company or just in the workplace.
great place to work
PRICING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. I got my first job out of college there and remained at that company until my division was bought out. I was very committed to that company.
nice people
Manager (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJMarch 29, 2015
people are nice and talented. sometimes it feels as if recognition is hard to come by, which might depend on ones department/function/business unit.
Enjoyable employement
Hydroxylamine Unit, Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 27, 2015
Open and able to communicate well. LEAN work ethics. Open to opportunities for all levels. Quality products and personel
production is very interesting
Process Tech (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: did not give the employees with tenure nothing
love the company but froze pension, not very good move did not due anything for the tenure employees but gave the new tech 40 hours of vacation but we did not get anything, other then that great co to work for.
Very diverse company
QA Lab Analyst Sr (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: salery, benifits, being treated as an equal, room for growth
Cons: negative atitude of some co-workers
BASF is a very diverse company in which I am proud to be a part of. The department in which I work is the analytical department. This particular dept. is very unique from any other lab in the company. It has one of the highest volumes produced and the highest profits. What we make in this block is SAP (super absorbent polymer) which is used to make diapers and other products. This is also a very demanding unit and challenging. I love this job and love the day to day and night challenges is has for me. This is the only lab at our site in which has shift work, meaning we work the same schedule as the operators in the plant. 4 on 4 off 12 hour shifts rotating form week to week from days to nights.
The people in this plant are all treated as equals. From the managers to the janitor. Everyone has a purpose and is treated as such.
hi
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), miMarch 2, 2015
A great place to work, everyone here is very smart and if you want a place to grow and learn BASF is it. nannannanaanananananananananananananana
Great Opportunities for Engineers and Chemists
Materials Management Manager (Current Employee), Geismar LA.February 25, 2015
Good place to work, with many opportunities to advance if you have an engineering or Chemistry degree. Good work life and benefits>
good place to make money
QA/QC (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 24, 2015
BASF is a very good place to work if you like working a lot of long hours with few days off. i eventually had to leave there to make more time for my family
Bad management and bad work environment!
Lab tech (Former Employee), GeismarFebruary 21, 2015
Bad management at Geismar. The company kept losing good employees. The political issues are everywhere even in the lab. People working there cheating, fighting for one spot...
Contactors treated differently
Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 12, 2015
Being a contractor I was given a cubby hole to work in. Engineers were great to work with. The person I reported to knew less about how to function in PO SAP than me.
Good place to work.
Current employee (Current Employee), Geismar, LAFebruary 7, 2015
This is a good place to work. The employee is looked after and taken care of. Pay could be a little higher. It is hard to move out of current position.
Headquarters