BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

Great Job
Construction Manager/Owners Rep (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 12, 2014
Excellent place, Excellent people BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.3 billion in 2013.
productive and fun workplace
truck loader (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MiMay 10, 2014
great place to work, makes safety number one priority, excellent training program, everyone very helpful from the plant manager on down
Good place to work, if you don't mind working.
Production Tech./Temp (Current Employee), Seneca,SCMay 10, 2014
A typical workday for me would involve a long night in a dusty and hot environment. However all and all its a good working atmosphere.
Good company with fundamentals in the right direction
Lean Master/Director, Catalyst Business (Current Employee), Iselin, NJMay 9, 2014
Pros: stable, and master of what they do, and that is why it is the best and the largest in the chemical industry
Cons: germany compan with an attitude that is typical german
Great job environment. People are nice and friendly, and co-workers are willing to help without stepping onto someone's toes.
Material Handler/Order Picker (Former Employee), Buena ParkApril 30, 2014
Good management, real good co-workers really good people and overall great experiance
Call Center
Distributor Customer Service Rep, Senior (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJApril 7, 2014
The first 13 Years it was a geat company to work for. They then changed to a Call Center and did not care about their employees or their customers...it was all about Management meeting their numbers and looking good.
Excellent Company
Site Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Iselin, NJApril 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: commute
Great culture and very professional management, working in the engineering group has been a great learning experience

Hardest part of day is commute
Productive workplace with good benefits.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 3, 2014
BASF is an incredible company to work for. While each site is quite different, the company is wonderful with great programs and strategies set in place. Job security within the industry is quite high as well.
Hard working small tight knit group of maintenance men.
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great people to work around challenging environment.
Cons: a larger facility was built in freeport texas and our plant shut down.
Worked on equipment to produce super absoebent. The stuff sewn into baby diapers to absorb baby stuff. Installed,repaired, and overhauled airlock rotary valves, roots blowers, positive displacement feed pumps etc... Learned of three phase motors, solenoid valves level probes and micro motion meters. For ten years I worked on the most diverse equipment – more... in my life up to that point.
Everyone pulled together to get the jobs done. Great benefits, bnuses and a fat turkey at Thanksgiving time. – less
BASF was a very job friendly enviroment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Enka, NCMarch 19, 2014
Pros: great health benefits, working enviroment was good enjoy going to work
Cons: when the plant shut down and i was layed off
I had 22 employees on the payroll and I was responsibility assigning workers each morning, checking on all the jobs. If material needed to ordered I placed the purchase order either through our warehouse or outside source. My responsibility was to estimate large jobs and make sure the job started and finishing on time. Checked on the men each day that – more... was on a 53 acre site. I was on the fire department, Hazardous material team and flood control team. During the day if a fire alarm was activated would report to the fire station. I also had to close out work orders and ensured the the work was charged to the right department in the plant. Payroll was another of daily task.

This position help me in to learn the different trades that I managed.
This include railroad trackmen, paint, sandblasting, plumbing, carpentry work, masonry work, roofing, and heavy equipment operators.

Management was the best. – less
Great company to work for, but only hired me as temporary
Liquid packaging employee (Former Employee), Manati, Puerto RicoMarch 19, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: no regular full tiem available
Great safety enviroment due to the high level of chemicals that we handled

Knowing my experience with forklift and pallet jacks, I use to be a back up at the warehouse, when needed

Lots of overtime and a good team to work with
pofessional
process technician (Current Employee), chattanoogaMarch 18, 2014
good job doesn't promote employee basic on skills like working 12 hour rotation
Not a family company like they say...
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 17, 2014
(Former employee)
A typical day there was like any other day...supervisors spying on you through the cameras and never giving credit when credit was due! I loved my job but the management there never does their job how it is actually suppose to be done...people getting terminated for things that happened a year ago, people acting like kids and tattling, – more... never getting the opportunity to advance anywhere, jobs were easy but this company gives temps false hope by telling them they will hire them but end up firing them and they allow people to curse and harass others and just overlook it!! You work within a few feet of others and you get in trouble for talking to your neighbors and it is very hard to get another job after you work there!!!
I would suggest that people look past this place...yes, the money was good but there is NO job security here and you will never top out here!! – less
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Florham ParkMarch 14, 2014
• Assist Manager and team with creating power point presentations and report administration Other general activities include answering telephone, photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, and filing Maintain department subscriptions
Be aware...Poor managment
Technican (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the people you work with are great...
Cons: no advancement...
There is NO room for growth at BASF. I spend 6+ years there trying to advance but managment is geared to keep seasoned people in their current job and if you bulk the system, you become a target. Most of managment are not degreed so they are very intimidated when it comes to the educated. I have seen first hand, supervisors skeem and underhandedly fire – more... people because they knew more than them... Now they are suffering... Don't see the company surviving more than two years... – less
Productive workplace with good benefits
Instrument Technician (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: co-workers and tools to work with.
Cons: pay
Toubleshoot and repair instrumentation.
Co-workers are great help and friends.
Management is helpful and easy to work with.
A necessary evil
Production Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMarch 6, 2014
Pros: 401k matching, built in overtime
Cons: mid level managers
Well a typical day at work was actually enjoyable. When the goals for the day are clear and practical, the local site wasn't bad to work for. My co-workers and IMMEDIATE supervisors were probably some the best people I've been around in my life. Some had below average work ethics, some had strong work ethics so it kind of balanced itself out. In the – more... past, management has always been top heavy, meaning there were way too many mid to upper level managers. Presently, it has been trimmed, but some of the managers feel as if they have to set a tone or make an example out of people. I don't like the policy concerning temporary workers. They work them hard for a year, then dismiss them. Everyone including full time employees feel expendable, so there is a "get down or lay down" philosophy that surrounds that place now. Also, the communication out there flat out sucks. People that work 6 feet from each other, whose job depend on each other, don't talk, making it harder for a lot of other people. Globally, BASF is one, if not the best company one can work for. Locally? Well its a necessary evil. – less
VERY GOOD PLACE TO WORK ,
Lab Technician (Current Employee), Seneca, SCMarch 4, 2014
Pros: 8 hr shifts
Cons: slow progression of moving up
JOB IS OK, BUT HARD TO MOVE UP, UNLESS YOU HAVE A DEGREE, SO GOOD BUT HAS FLAWS
BASF have great benefits and a competitive compensation
Materials Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: competitive compensation
Cons: job eliminations
* I have attended classes for Leadership and how to work with people and become a Yellow Belt in Six Sigma
* There are great co-workers here.
* The most enjoyable part of my job is projects to work more efficiently
* The management does a good job in removing obstacles in order for you to complete your job.
Great Company
Director, Controlling (Current Employee), Raleigh-Durham, NCFebruary 24, 2014
Long term business focus with strong focus on employee development and training. Great place to work and build a meaningful career.

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more