BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

Great company to work with
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. I liked everyone at the plant, in all departments, for their personalities and the work they put into the plant. I cannot discuss a "typical day" because my job varied greatly; I was, after all, a Cooperative Education student working through the University of Cincinnati's co-op program. As such, I learned much about working in professional settings and several soft skills that one does not pick up in college. I found that the hardest part of work was finding enough time to get everything done that might possibly need done; there was always something more that could be done to make improvements.
No day the same.
Contract worker (Former Employee), 75123October 18, 2014
Pros: awesome schedule
Cons: will not hire full time, forced to work on off days
- Typical day at work included mixing color samples and building pallets.
- I learned many interesting facts about wall finishes and color
- Warehouse manager is a corporate snake. He holds information from the workers needed to complete task. Never confronts issues with employees just let's them go and ALWAYS takes the managers side even if they are wrong.Soon as contract workers ask about money they get fired.
-Loved all of my co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was dealing with management and watching my immediate supervisor lie about an accident to keep a safety streak going.
- Only thing I regret is the ability to mention names in this post
Good transition job
Key Account Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: big company with good salary and benefits
Cons: job ended
Fulfilled responsibilities.
Good people.
Completed job
no further opportunities with them
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no cons
The company is very supportive and offer work like balance.
Waste of time
lab technician (Former Employee), Madison, ALOctober 7, 2014
Cons: everything
Management doesn't care about its employees. Horrible 12 hour work days with nothing to do. And when there is work, a monkey could do it, yet they have 4 people doing that one task. I watch everyone abuse break times and lunches, while I was left to work. No opportunity for advancement. All they care fore is the illusion of safety and dollars in upper managements' pocket. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good company
Channel Support Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 3, 2014
Good international company to work for. Management was great and training was also available.
Steady and conservative environment, looking to progress and innovate
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 3, 2014
Pros: safe, steady
Cons: conservative
BASF is a good place to work. I would recommend it as an employer. Managers are working to become more employee-focused, but there is a bit to go on that journey... The culture is strong, and one needs to learn how to adapt in order to be successful.
Very good people tp work with.
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: chemical enviroment
Performing PM's on instrumentation and electrical systems
professional environment
greenhouse/lab tech (Former Employee), durham ncOctober 1, 2014
Crop Research Associate, working in greenhouse and laboratory.
Health Services Coordinator
Health Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Newport, DEOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great job and people
Cons: department outsourced.
Assisted two physicians and two nurses in a chemical company, helping with physicals, medical emergencies, paperwork, drug screens.
chalk mine
lead (Former Employee), irwington gaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: paid every wee
Cons: wasn't paid enough
we were a contract company for basf, and I was in charge of running the hydro blaster, saw, and valcum truck as well. I didn't like the job at all because we had no benefits, we worked in hazardous areas but receive 0 hazard pay
Stable job with benefits and 401k
Sr Production Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime potential
Cons: no longer a caring place to work. everyone is just a number
Great job where I met lots of good people and learned a lot over the years
Productive & low level stress
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Shakopee, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good training & high expectations
Cons: advancement within the company
Entering orders for sales representatives & customers. Make sure all items are correct on these orders. Answer incoming calls.

Learned the BASF product & services.

Management was very hands on always available to assist.

Co-workers were also always available & always very helpful

Balancing the phones which is the priority & entering as many orders as possible.

The family setting that the co-workers made you feel.
Great enviroment to work and just be in.
Production Operator/Press Room Operator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2014
Just went to work and came home it never felt like work. We talked and joked all day but still got our work done and met our numbers.
Very Productive and a great company to work for.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free bottles of water & coffee whenever.
Cons: very short break times and 7 days a week forever.
Inspection of 5,000+ parts a day.
What I've learned is that I have a knack for finding even the smallest of Errors on parts.
Management was very nice but direct, basically you follow the rules or get out. Which is exactly how It should be.
Co-workers are very nice and friendly and very welcoming to anybody who walks through the door, whether it be a temp or full timer you are all equal and there for one reason to do your job and everyone understands that & gives you respect.
Hardest part of the job was honestly the small break times, 10 minutes after you just worked for 5 hours isn't that enjoyable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Easy work for decent pay.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2014
Working for twelve hours a work day was not ideal for me but the work was pretty easy. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and helped as much as they could on learning my job requirements. Management could have been executed better in terms of keeping temporary employees on a job where they are excelling.
Work/life balance is encouraged. Management is supportive.
Accounting Assistant Corporate Disbursements (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: work at home option
Cons: job security
1. Fast Paced diversified tasks include daily payments to vendors, responding to vendor inquiries, and reviewing duplicate and exception reports.
2. How to interact with management and collaborate with other team members to work efficiently and streamline processes. Excel reporting for project work as needed and make presentations at high level to management.
3. Management is supportive and assists in developing competencies that can prepare me for other opportunities.
4. I work in a diverse environment and we are committed to forming the best team. Experience and knowledge is shared within the team so we are consistent and productive.
5. The biggest challenge in the job is getting the support of our stakeholders to adapt to change in processes and systems used.
6. Finding root cause of a recurring issue and implementing changes to prevent the issue from happening in the future. I enjoy working with a team, but also work independently.
Growth Opportunities
Demand Planner (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 3, 2014
Large Company with growth opportunities. Good benefits. Great compensation.
BASF
Finishing One Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2014
Finishing One Control Room Operator Jan 2003 – Jan 2007
• Responsible for what is regarded as "the heart of the process" at BASF Corp in Savannah Ga. This area is operated by monitors and computer control points. It is a very detailed oriented position with a high focus on multi-tasking and accountability
• As a control room operator I was a member of the Production Planning Team B – Helped to develop run production plans for each B Team shift – highly grade/customer specific.
• Responded to “Hot Grade” forecast from the corporate requiring sudden production sequence changes
• Documented operational data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings
• Monitored recording instruments, flow meters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
• Handled and operated equipment to control chemical changes in processing consumer or industrial products.
• Monitored the entire production process and make sure the chemical plant runs efficiently

Effluent Operator - monitored, graphed and charted the effluent water disposition into the Savannah River
- Maintained and monitored multiple chemical tank levels - BASF Tank FARM Apr 2003–Nov 2003

Logistics Operator - Operated heavy Machinery such as Track-mobiles[small train engines], Vacuum Trailers, and 20ft\40ft\53ft tankers – Unloaded and loaded a variety of SKUS [ Very customer specific] Mar 2001– Mar 2003

Belt floor Operator – production flow analysis, charting graphing [Heavy Excel] Mar 2000–Mar 2001

• Achieved multiple commendations and – more... promotions during employment which increased job knowledge and responsibility.
• Monitored Ammonia levels, ph control, and Ammonia stripper system.
• Transported tens of thousands of finished product daily.
• Operated Jockey trucks, track mobiles {small train engines}, trailers, bobcats, forklifts, baggers, and pressurized railcars.
• Responsible for operating over 1 million dollars worth of heavy filter belt equipment. – less
productive and can learn more
SAP CRM-SD Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJuly 28, 2014
BASF SE is the largest diversified chemical company in the world and is headquartered in Germany.Its business is organized in chemicals, plastics, performance products, functional solutions, agricultural solutions and oil & gas segments

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more