BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

Productive fast paced employeer.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Geismar, LAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Reach top pay quickly.
Cons: Lack of training.
Fast paced training environment. Fast track to top pay due to the Union. Benefits comparable to other chemical plants in the area.
A highly experienced professional who effectively combines strong technical, problem-solving and planning capabilities to successfully deliver project
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXMay 20, 2015
Pros: Very professional
Cons: Started cutting to many cost.
The company was doing great until they started getting their monthly depreciation bill. Also oil suppliers cut sweet crude prices to almost sour crude prices which changed the pay out on a 3.5 billion dollar expansion toinstall a new de-cooker to handle the cheap sour crude.
cognis
operator (Former Employee), kankakee illinoisMay 19, 2015
while when I started with the company it was Cognis corp.. and it was a very well ran family type of business that cared about its employees.. after being bought out by basf that all changed
Product Marketing Specialist II - Insecticides (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good compensation
Cons: Bosses get moved around a lot
Great place to work with good compensation. As with anyplace, there are good departments and not so good ones, but even the not so good ones are OK.

There are always places to move to if you're not happy where you are, and there's great people to work with here, the co-workers are the best part of the job.
Stressful,
Machine Operator III (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2015
Pros: Team worked together when they had caught up time
Cons: Felt like you were in prison
A typical day of work consist of you basically doing your job. There were a lot of times the line would jam up and no supervision could be found. So the hardest part of the job was keeping the line from jamming up with parts when there were issues with the line. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team members. It made the night go faster. I
It was a short 6 months consulting assignment.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMay 9, 2015
I enjoyed working at this company. The projects were interesting. The management was great. I worked on environmental projects like PBRs, Title V permit reviews and minor modification.
Fun Workplacfe and Fun children
Program Director (Former Employee), Lorain, OHMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunches for the kids - grant money to afford trips and other activities
Cons: Llots of children and not enough workers
worked a program for after school children grades K-12. Developed this program which was funded by the Gund Development Corp. My typical day consisted of interacting with the children supervising their homework and helping with after school activities.
I learned how to manage children at different ages under one roof. I worked well with the other workers who accepted my rules and regulations from the funding agency The hardest part of the job was coming up with plans to satisfy the children according to their age groups. The most enjoyable part was working with the children and seeing the joy on their faces.
Great solid company
Maintenance Coordinator (Former Employee), Freeport, TXApril 27, 2015
BASF is a great company to work for, have a very family oriented work life balance. I should not have left this company. would like to return to their employment.
Helping to Create Humira
Director Human Resources (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Passion for the opportunity to work with great and brilliant scientists
Cons: None, only challenges to help me and others grow
Designed and delivered all the Leadership training associated with the creation of the Great RA Drug Humira.

Worked with research scientists and manufacturing in the creation of Humira.

Reported directly to the CEO
Automotive Supply Chain
Supply Chain Operations Manager (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 18, 2015
I have become very experienced in the automotive supply chain at BASF. I'm responsible for all incoming and outgoing material while maintaining inventory metrics. It's a very challenging job that I enjoy. There is something new everyday that occurs which must be addressed and solved in order to prevent any disruptions in the automotive supply chain.
Exciting carrier with endless challenges
Chemical Process Operator (Former Employee), Newport, DEApril 17, 2015
Pros: competitive pay and benefits. constant training and improvment
Cons: Management
The most important thing that BASF has tough me in my career is that nothing is more important than safety. From the very beginning they showed me why safety comes first which has allowed me not only to bring safety to work but also allow me to use it at home with my family. My job duties there where to follow daily batch card report and follow/adjust product blending as needed per batch. Use of a chemical industrial lab help aid in the testing of the batches. It is a team orientated work environment, witch helped you get along and improve your skills and knowledge.
Computer Designer/Drafter (Former Employee), Port Arthur, TXApril 12, 2015
Pros: The pay
Cons: Commute
On the computer 95 % of the day. Working on P&IDs.
checking emails for a new job to come in and commutation from project managers.
Very large company that I enjoyed working for.
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Pasadena,TexasApril 10, 2015
Pros: Encouraged employees growth
Cons: Lots of paperwork to get things done
Good benefits and pay. Room for advancement and career movement. Many different locations thru out north America. With a company this large, sometimes hard to get things done quickly
Great Place
Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 7, 2015
At BASF, we value the differences in our workforce as they are key to the success of our business and to the achievement of our status as “partner of choice.” Building an inclusive environment that encompasses diversity of gender, race, experience and points of view is paramount not only to our future success, but to our ability to attract and retain the best people.
Focused on bottom line
North America Business Director (Former Employee), Florham park njApril 7, 2015
many long time employee. Senior level require overseas delegation

Continuous improvement Very large corp with many bosses in a matrix org

working long hours and weekends overseas
Productive and safe place to work at.
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 4, 2015
Safety is top priority here. They are always updating safety programs to ensure safety for all employees. Company has good benefits and is global which makes it easy to transfer to different sites. Another good thing is they are willing to help employees move up in status and work on goals to help strengthen the employees to move up to better jobs, either in the company or just in the workplace.
great place to work
PRICING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working there. I got my first job out of college there and remained at that company until my division was bought out. I was very committed to that company.
nice people
Manager (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJMarch 29, 2015
people are nice and talented. sometimes it feels as if recognition is hard to come by, which might depend on ones department/function/business unit.
Enjoyable employement
Hydroxylamine Unit, Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 27, 2015
Open and able to communicate well. LEAN work ethics. Open to opportunities for all levels. Quality products and personel
production is very interesting
Process Tech (Current Employee), Freeport, TXMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: did not give the employees with tenure nothing
love the company but froze pension, not very good move did not due anything for the tenure employees but gave the new tech 40 hours of vacation but we did not get anything, other then that great co to work for.
Headquarters