BASF Employee Reviews

Basf
Interim Production Supervisor/Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work although recently job security has been somewhat of an issue. Pay is higher than most jobs in this region. Management is not that great at this site.
Innovative Company
Materials Planner / Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJSeptember 19, 2017
BASF has always been ahead of the curve. They offer a work life balance. It felt like a family working at BASF. I would recommend anyone to get a job there
Pay well, poor hours
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MISeptember 17, 2017
The J-swing is a difficult shift to get used to. You are flip flopping nights and days within the same week, while working 12 hours a day. The work is feast or famine, 6 hours of your shift you may not have a single thing to do other than clean, but the other 6 hours you can be swamped and not a get a minute break.
Good stepping stone for further advancement
Logistics Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LASeptember 15, 2017
Great first step to get into the company and be introduced to the culture and plant experience.

Opportunities are difficult to come by due to the nature of Logistics, it is a site service and is very secluded.
Productive and fun place to work
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
It is so great to work at BASF. The culture in the company is so friendly. I learnt a lot and made lots of life-long friends. It is also a place where the employees are well treated.
Well Paying to employees
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, DESeptember 13, 2017
Pays well to real employees but not as well to contract employees also as a contract employee there are no benefits or days off. As a contractor you do the same tasks as other employees for significantly less per hour.
Pros
Pay
Experienced workers receive higher starting pay.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 13, 2017
BASF was good by not starting me out at bottom of the scale pay when I started with BASF due to having many years of experience with the equipment. The balanced four days on, four days off, schedule is nice.
Competitive but educational
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Very tough place to work; extremely cutthroat and pressure-cooker environment. However, you will definitely learn a lot about your field of work in a short amount of time
Pros
Educational
Cons
Fast paced, low career advancement
Great Place to Work
Chemical Engineering Research Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MISeptember 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working at BASF and I would like to continue working at BASF assuming I can move where I need to. The Professional Development Program is an excellent way to learn about manufacturing with different process chemistry and explore the US. Management has been very supportive in all areas of career development. Co-workers are very open to helping you develop into the engineer you would like to be.
Good Company
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Good work life balance. Great benefits. the manager I had prior to leaving was ok. But over my 10 years there did have others that were really good.
Excellent place to work. Employee's are treated as equals.
HR Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 1, 2017
A typical day on the job involves working on the phone with employee's regarding their disability benefits. Approval of benefits, working with HR and physician's office to gather required information. Contacting employee's for updates. I have learned the meaning of empathy and team work. My workplace culture is fast paced, but well rounded. The hardest part of the job is staying on task, due to the nature of the job. At any given moment, you have to stop what you are doing to attending to a situation and solve multiple problems. But that is the nature of the job and I am glad to make people feel at ease.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
a situation can take an entire day to solve.
Fast pace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
The work environment could improve: having a training system that will benefit new and current employees. Therefore some employees wouldn't have to over-work themselves by every task that need to be done, which affect productivity.
great job
Chemical operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
great job for single people a little more difficult when you have a family overall good compensation and good management lots of opportunity for advancement also
Pros
money
Cons
hours rotating shifts
Caring and motivational work environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 30, 2017
Communication between coworkers within the office is fantastic. Excellent ergonomic consideration for desk and work spaces. Weekly safety meetings promoted safe work habits that continue into my everyday life. You honestly can't go a day without hearing the word "safety."
Very easy going place to work at.
Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Sparks, GAAugust 30, 2017
its a very relaxed atmoshere that all about safety and quality rules but its very stressful at times trying to get time off when you have to have someone to voer your shift. its really not fair at all.
Cons
how hard it is to take vacation.
Interesting
Coating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INAugust 29, 2017
Spent a year learning about paint and discovering paint defects and how to address them. Knowledgeable people that kept the job challenging and fun. Would highly recommend.
good co. overall
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2017
I love working at BASF ,the job is challenging on many levels,the people for the most part are like family.The schedule was the hard part working a 7 day rotating shift with 12 hour days mixed in,losing days off and having to double back to shift.
Pros
salary and benefits
Cons
schedule
Worst experience of my life...
Coating Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 27, 2017
Absolutely the worst experience of my employment life. Over 20 people of various ethnicity were fired and so many of us complained they investigated internally. Never underestimate what a company this size will do to protect its image.
Favoritism, racism and the most passive aggressive workplace I have ever experienced.
Management ultimately ran the place into the ground and it is now a former BASF site. They promised jobs for 20 years but once the grant money ran out they put everyone out.
Lots of Contract employees
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOAugust 26, 2017
As I stated in the Review Summary, there were I think more contract employees than there were permanent hired employees. That juxtaposition led to a different kind of working environment than I've ever experienced. Lot's of hopeful people trying to get hired permanently lead to a lot of stressful days.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Contract status
why are you making me do this?
Business Excellence Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 26, 2017
why are you making me do this? Your survey results are going to be horrible if you make the surveys mandatory to post one's resume........................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2