BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

Good place to work.
St. Lab. Technician/Shift Leaderman (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2014
Benefits and Salary are good. Lots of work on a daily bases. Management is ok.
Challenging and fun
Contractor (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: treated me like i was part of the company and not a contractor.
Cons: shortbreaks
The work was easy but it was the everyday obstacles that I had to overcome. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I was around.
great company
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
enjoy working here great company
challenging and busy everday
Bullying & harassment.
Process Controller (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJuly 10, 2014
6.5 years on night shift as the only female isn't right. Any issues that came up & brought to the Coordinator was dismissed or turned to blame the employee as at fault. Sexist supervisor unless you was like him he had no use for you. The night shift employees were allowed to bully & harass. The coordinator would rather let you make mistakes (errors in lack of training) several times before coming to you. And forget about cross training. Most of the employees would rather telling on you for anything & everything than work together as a team. I personally told my coordinator that if I fell down the stairs those guy would step over me than help me. The culture has changed & it is a terrible place to work now in my opinion.
BASF
Logistic Clerk (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit
Cons: work is very repetitive, only person in the office
Everyday I process order the the warehouse, checking the queue constantly making sure orders are shipped daily and on time. Management can definitely be better, and my coworkers are the ones that educate me on our products that we have. The most enjoyable thing about my job is that basically when work gets busy because it makes my day go by faster.
Productive and fun workplace
Process Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJune 23, 2014
liked learning the process of the plant and the co-workers were great to be around.
I didn't particularly care for the company
Safety & Environmental Engineering Clerk (Former Employee), McIntyre, GAJune 15, 2014
I think that my location blurred my view of the company. Overall the company may be great, but my location was not
Productive place to work with great benefits
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2014
Working by myself on third shift I learned to work very well without direct supervision while juggling multiple projects at once.

Co-workers were great and fun to work with.

The hardest part of this job was getting used to the often 12+ hour shifts.
Good early career experience and location to start a career.
Accounting PDP - Corporate Accountant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJune 9, 2014
The company served as good location to begin a career. The PDP program enables individuals to experience a wide variety of areas within the company in a relatively short period of time. The assignment managers were accommodating of the rotational nature of the program and management was present and accessible.
Productive, and great place to work
Research Intern (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 17, 2014
Work started really early in the morning, but apart from being productive all day, they are really passionate about their work and respect your life aoutside of work. therefore work/life balance is great !
A wonderful company to work for with regard to work/life/balance, excellent benefits packagage.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: working from home 1 day a week
Cons: the commute
A typical day at work for me was each morning to come in and check emails for my to do list. Then I would typically sit in with my boss to check his calendar for his day's schedule.

My co-workers each day would ask for help with making travel arrangements; setting up a video conference; reserving a conference room; mail, fedex, distributing product information, and ordering supplies.

There wasn't any part of the job that I would say was hard - I loved my job and enjoyed my co-workers and the total environment.
German owned company with excellant benefits, working conditions, most of the time a fun group of people to work with.
Product Regulation Information Clerk (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIMay 12, 2014
I assisted my supervisor with the management of product recipes information which were housed in a huge file bank; comprised of both hard copy and database. I did data entry and product recipe reviews to help ensure our products were current and properly certified according to government Import/Export regulations. Hard copy files were reviewed regularly to determine which were to be kept in the Information Center and which files were sent to Records Retention, either on site or off site.
I learned some logistics; how to better to communicate with our German counterparts, our management and co-workers. I also learned to accept criticism and more responsibility; when to ask for help and when to trust my judgment.
Most of the time I did well with management and co-workers. I did not always do my best when I did not understand what was expected of me.
The hardest issue for me was being low man, rated on the bell curve system, and having an exemplary performance review year after year. Being the only classified clerk spoke for itself in our division. I liked being a clerk, I did not like our evaluation system.
My best experience was when my boss told me that there was nothing my job required that she could not teach me; and she did teach me well.
Great Job
Construction Manager/Owners Rep (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 12, 2014
Excellent place, Excellent people BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.3 billion in 2013.
productive and fun workplace
truck loader (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MiMay 10, 2014
great place to work, makes safety number one priority, excellent training program, everyone very helpful from the plant manager on down
Good place to work, if you don't mind working.
Production Tech./Temp (Current Employee), Seneca,SCMay 10, 2014
A typical workday for me would involve a long night in a dusty and hot environment. However all and all its a good working atmosphere.
Good company with fundamentals in the right direction
Lean Master/Director, Catalyst Business (Current Employee), Iselin, NJMay 9, 2014
Pros: stable, and master of what they do, and that is why it is the best and the largest in the chemical industry
Cons: germany compan with an attitude that is typical german
Great job environment. People are nice and friendly, and co-workers are willing to help without stepping onto someone's toes.
Material Handler/Order Picker (Former Employee), Buena ParkApril 30, 2014
Good management, real good co-workers really good people and overall great experiance
Call Center
Distributor Customer Service Rep, Senior (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJApril 7, 2014
The first 13 Years it was a geat company to work for. They then changed to a Call Center and did not care about their employees or their customers...it was all about Management meeting their numbers and looking good.
Excellent Company
Site Facility Supervisor (Current Employee), Iselin, NJApril 5, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: commute
Great culture and very professional management, working in the engineering group has been a great learning experience

Hardest part of day is commute
Productive workplace with good benefits.
Maintenance (Current Employee), Savannah, GAApril 3, 2014
BASF is an incredible company to work for. While each site is quite different, the company is wonderful with great programs and strategies set in place. Job security within the industry is quite high as well.

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more