BASF Employee Reviews

Basf
Strategic Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 16, 2016
The Strategic Planning Manager is a key team member in support of the Global Catalysts Operating Division. This position provides strategic analysis, development, recommendations and project management to the business development, marketing, planning and business modeling activities required to support and sustain assigned business (es) within the Global Catalysts Division. This position works closely and collaborates with appropriate business unit management including senior level executives (VP/SVP/ President) as well as external contacts to develop strategic options and appropriate business and marketing plans.
Great Company
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, OHOctober 18, 2016
Great Company to work for. Excellent pay and great benefits. Company offers a ton of perks/discounts and seem to care about the employees
outsiders and hard workers
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GANovember 1, 2016
they hire mostly contract workers, if your not from the area you don't feel welcome. 12 hr shift rotating days. no benefits to any contract workers.
Great Place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 27, 2016
Busy environment, Great pay and benefits, Good management typical chemical plant shift work nights and days, very safety oriented very safe plant
Good People and a good atmosphere.
PROJECT EXECUTION COORDINATOR/SR TECH (Current Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Very fast paced. A lot of information that needs to be learned. Although training is almost self taught, Supervisors will help where needed to give you the right information for you to learn. Fire Brigade team member is mandatory, medical and rescue are optional to join up for. The job requires a lot of thinking and knowing about the process.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Hard to move up, space is limited and you have to be in the click to be put in for whatever job.
Great job and training
Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 9, 2016
This is a lean manufacuring plant.
Only two people in management between me and the plant manager. This plant taught operators the dangers of the chemicals used as it was a paint making facility.
Pros
Batch making process that gets your feet for the chemical operator role.
Cons
Close group that was not fair about promotions.
Worked in the analytic lab which is not taken seriously by the rest of the plant.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHMay 9, 2016
I worked on the third shift in the lab.
Typically in a shift you would run 5-20 different physical and analytic chemistry tests on several different in-process products. This would range from something as simple as density to something as complicated as running the ICP to determine the specific makeup of a given product. Sadly this is fairly monotonous work and hardly varies. Work is sporadic and there is not much to do during down time. Working in the lab is essentially a dead-end for advancement within the company.

I learned the ins and outs of manufacturing and what quality control means for a company. I also gained much safety experience within manufacturing and chemical handling.

There is a lack of communication between any of the departments within the plant, but Management is doing a lot to improve the site, but that is a slow change. There is not much being done to improve the lab for this site, but it looks like much effort is being placed into changing the rest of the site for the better.

My co-workers were good people and generally very friendly, if it weren't for them I may have quit the job before the termination of my contract.
Pros
free food at meetings monthly, decent wages
Cons
no advancement opportunities, poor working environment, lack of communicaiton
Great company with good people
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2016
The people are great, however, the company can feel stagnant at times. There are a lot of nice perks, and the work-life balance is pretty amazing.
Overall a good place to work
Raw Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Malcom, IAMay 13, 2016
My supervisor lived in another state and communication rarely happened. He had no idea what we did on a given day.
Not room for advancement in Malcom, Iowa
Most enjoyable part was taking to vendors
benefits
Cons
no supervisor close
Great job environment, good company culture
Professional Development Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYAugust 29, 2016
My job with BASF was incredible. I was able to work with incredibly brilliant people that pushed me to work hard and deliver tangible results.
Stores Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Gordon, GAMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work. They try to fit around your home life as much as possible. The benefits are competitive. Management seems to care about employees.
Not the best, not the worst. Safety a joke, equipment breaks/no inventory
Chemical Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 21, 2016
Safety for the longest was not enforced. Management was not the best. The pay was descent. It was not your "assume the operator position" type of work, you had alot of hard days. Often times working on equipment that would break down everyday. The schedule was nice though, 4 on 4 off.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
working enviroment/safety
Productive work place.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 25, 2016
Bad management. Needed better communication and better management. The key to management is, and has always been follow up. Need better management that knows how to keep their aces in place.
Fun Learning experience.
Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 11, 2016
Overall a good learning experience for everyone involved. Participated in many different assignment to help with the functions and daily activates of the plant. Management as a whole was okay and was willing to work with problems that may have come up.
Pros
free lunches, good raises, safety, overall good work environment
Cons
managment, job closing
Very freindly atmopheres.
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 8, 2016
Very nice place to work. My day is constantly running samples and making formulas. Some days I may have one or two formulas to enhance, then it may be some days where things are going slow. But I always found things to do, research old formulas, or go back over past work to see if things can be adjusted from test results.
enjoyed working with customer
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 21, 2016
daily color review of all colors to be ran in production,sprayouts,color match to standard,and grind check to insure quality of product.
Dirt analysis to identify defects in production.Daily inventory control.
Assist process engineers with paint process paramaters,problem solving
Had a softball leauge, Camp grounds.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 31, 2017
Had to work 7 days on 2 days off.also had a swing shift hard to get use to it. Had a chance to move up in jobs. Would rotate jobs daily. Had to learn different jobs.
Pros
Christmas dinners, Good break schedule.
Cons
7 day swing shift
Team working enviroment
Switchboard/ Reception (Current Employee) –  Cape Town in Century CityJanuary 19, 2017
Most of my day I'm interact with different kinds of people over the telephone and face to face.
I've learned a lot from BASF how to solve problems and how to deal with difficult people
Pros
lunches and Trainings
Cons
Health care and Counselling
experience and fun place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJFebruary 8, 2017
I worked at BASF through Nextsource which was the recruitment team at the time. I worked here for the summer. I had a great experience and a lot of exposure to different departments within the ogranization.
Great career choice
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 12, 2016
Basf has been a wonderful career choice. It has provided me with many years of successful service.
I have worked in the super absorbent polymer plant for 28+ years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2