BASF United States Employee Reviews

Very Productive and a great company to work for.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free bottles of water & coffee whenever.
Cons: very short break times and 7 days a week forever.
Inspection of 5,000+ parts a day.
What I've learned is that I have a knack for finding even the smallest of Errors on parts.
Management was very nice but direct, basically you follow the rules or get out. Which is exactly how It should be.
Co-workers are very nice and friendly and very welcoming to anybody who walks through the door, whether it be a temp or full timer you are all equal and there for one reason to do your job and everyone understands that & gives you respect.
Hardest part of the job was honestly the small break times, 10 minutes after you just worked for 5 hours isn't that enjoyable.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Easy work for decent pay.
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 19, 2014
Working for twelve hours a work day was not ideal for me but the work was pretty easy. Most of the co-workers were easy to get along with and helped as much as they could on learning my job requirements. Management could have been executed better in terms of keeping temporary employees on a job where they are excelling.
Work/life balance is encouraged. Management is supportive.
Accounting Assistant Corporate Disbursements (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 17, 2014
Pros: work at home option
Cons: job security
1. Fast Paced diversified tasks include daily payments to vendors, responding to vendor inquiries, and reviewing duplicate and exception reports.
2. How to interact with management and collaborate with other team members to work efficiently and streamline processes. Excel reporting for project work as needed and make presentations at high level to management.
3. Management is supportive and assists in developing competencies that can prepare me for other opportunities.
4. I work in a diverse environment and we are committed to forming the best team. Experience and knowledge is shared within the team so we are consistent and productive.
5. The biggest challenge in the job is getting the support of our stakeholders to adapt to change in processes and systems used.
6. Finding root cause of a recurring issue and implementing changes to prevent the issue from happening in the future. I enjoy working with a team, but also work independently.
Growth Opportunities
Demand Planner (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 3, 2014
Large Company with growth opportunities. Good benefits. Great compensation.
BASF
Finishing One Control Room Operator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 29, 2014
Finishing One Control Room Operator Jan 2003 – Jan 2007
• Responsible for what is regarded as "the heart of the process" at BASF Corp in Savannah Ga. This area is operated by monitors and computer control points. It is a very detailed oriented position with a high focus on multi-tasking and accountability
• As a control room operator I was a member of the Production Planning Team B – Helped to develop run production plans for each B Team shift – highly grade/customer specific.
• Responded to “Hot Grade” forecast from the corporate requiring sudden production sequence changes
• Documented operational data such as process conditions, test results, and instrument readings
• Monitored recording instruments, flow meters, panel lights, and other indicators, and listen for warning signals, in order to verify conformity of process conditions.
• Handled and operated equipment to control chemical changes in processing consumer or industrial products.
• Monitored the entire production process and make sure the chemical plant runs efficiently

Effluent Operator - monitored, graphed and charted the effluent water disposition into the Savannah River
- Maintained and monitored multiple chemical tank levels - BASF Tank FARM Apr 2003–Nov 2003

Logistics Operator - Operated heavy Machinery such as Track-mobiles[small train engines], Vacuum Trailers, and 20ft\40ft\53ft tankers – Unloaded and loaded a variety of SKUS [ Very customer specific] Mar 2001– Mar 2003

Belt floor Operator – production flow analysis, charting graphing [Heavy Excel] Mar 2000–Mar 2001

• Achieved multiple commendations and – more... promotions during employment which increased job knowledge and responsibility.
• Monitored Ammonia levels, ph control, and Ammonia stripper system.
• Transported tens of thousands of finished product daily.
• Operated Jockey trucks, track mobiles {small train engines}, trailers, bobcats, forklifts, baggers, and pressurized railcars.
• Responsible for operating over 1 million dollars worth of heavy filter belt equipment. – less
productive and can learn more
SAP CRM-SD Consultant (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJuly 28, 2014
BASF SE is the largest diversified chemical company in the world and is headquartered in Germany.Its business is organized in chemicals, plastics, performance products, functional solutions, agricultural solutions and oil & gas segments
Good place to work.
St. Lab. Technician/Shift Leaderman (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXJuly 25, 2014
Benefits and Salary are good. Lots of work on a daily bases. Management is ok.
Challenging and fun
Contractor (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIJuly 24, 2014
Pros: treated me like i was part of the company and not a contractor.
Cons: shortbreaks
The work was easy but it was the everyday obstacles that I had to overcome. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I was around.
great company
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJuly 17, 2014
enjoy working here great company
challenging and busy everday
Bullying & harassment.
Process Controller (Former Employee), Hartwell, GAJuly 10, 2014
6.5 years on night shift as the only female isn't right. Any issues that came up & brought to the Coordinator was dismissed or turned to blame the employee as at fault. Sexist supervisor unless you was like him he had no use for you. The night shift employees were allowed to bully & harass. The coordinator would rather let you make mistakes (errors in lack of training) several times before coming to you. And forget about cross training. Most of the employees would rather telling on you for anything & everything than work together as a team. I personally told my coordinator that if I fell down the stairs those guy would step over me than help me. The culture has changed & it is a terrible place to work now in my opinion.
Logistic Clerk (Current Employee), Buena Park, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefit
Cons: work is very repetitive, only person in the office
Everyday I process order the the warehouse, checking the queue constantly making sure orders are shipped daily and on time. Management can definitely be better, and my coworkers are the ones that educate me on our products that we have. The most enjoyable thing about my job is that basically when work gets busy because it makes my day go by faster.
Productive and fun workplace
Process Technician (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJune 23, 2014
liked learning the process of the plant and the co-workers were great to be around.
I didn't particularly care for the company
Safety & Environmental Engineering Clerk (Former Employee), McIntyre, GAJune 15, 2014
I think that my location blurred my view of the company. Overall the company may be great, but my location was not
Productive place to work with great benefits
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 14, 2014
Working by myself on third shift I learned to work very well without direct supervision while juggling multiple projects at once.

Co-workers were great and fun to work with.

The hardest part of this job was getting used to the often 12+ hour shifts.
Good early career experience and location to start a career.
Accounting PDP - Corporate Accountant (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJJune 9, 2014
The company served as good location to begin a career. The PDP program enables individuals to experience a wide variety of areas within the company in a relatively short period of time. The assignment managers were accommodating of the rotational nature of the program and management was present and accessible.
Productive, and great place to work
Research Intern (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXMay 17, 2014
Work started really early in the morning, but apart from being productive all day, they are really passionate about their work and respect your life aoutside of work. therefore work/life balance is great !
A wonderful company to work for with regard to work/life/balance, excellent benefits packagage.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJMay 15, 2014
Pros: working from home 1 day a week
Cons: the commute
A typical day at work for me was each morning to come in and check emails for my to do list. Then I would typically sit in with my boss to check his calendar for his day's schedule.

My co-workers each day would ask for help with making travel arrangements; setting up a video conference; reserving a conference room; mail, fedex, distributing product information, and ordering supplies.

There wasn't any part of the job that I would say was hard - I loved my job and enjoyed my co-workers and the total environment.
German owned company with excellant benefits, working conditions, most of the time a fun group of people to work with.
Product Regulation Information Clerk (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MIMay 12, 2014
I assisted my supervisor with the management of product recipes information which were housed in a huge file bank; comprised of both hard copy and database. I did data entry and product recipe reviews to help ensure our products were current and properly certified according to government Import/Export regulations. Hard copy files were reviewed regularly to determine which were to be kept in the Information Center and which files were sent to Records Retention, either on site or off site.
I learned some logistics; how to better to communicate with our German counterparts, our management and co-workers. I also learned to accept criticism and more responsibility; when to ask for help and when to trust my judgment.
Most of the time I did well with management and co-workers. I did not always do my best when I did not understand what was expected of me.
The hardest issue for me was being low man, rated on the bell curve system, and having an exemplary performance review year after year. Being the only classified clerk spoke for itself in our division. I liked being a clerk, I did not like our evaluation system.
My best experience was when my boss told me that there was nothing my job required that she could not teach me; and she did teach me well.
Great Job
Construction Manager/Owners Rep (Current Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 12, 2014
Excellent place, Excellent people BASF Corporation, headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey, is the North American affiliate of BASF SE, Ludwigshafen, Germany. BASF has nearly 17,000 employees in North America, and had sales of $19.3 billion in 2013.
productive and fun workplace
truck loader (Former Employee), Wyandotte, MiMay 10, 2014
great place to work, makes safety number one priority, excellent training program, everyone very helpful from the plant manager on down

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with about 112,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide we – Read more

BASF Salaries