BASF

BASF Employee Reviews

Strictly business
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 2, 2015
Did not enjoy working here. Work environment was chaotic and stuffy.
Excellent
Contractor (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHDecember 29, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Best place I have worked. Treat like an employee not a contractor. worst choice was not staying
Great work/life balance
Clerical Coordinator (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 26, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria, spacious
Cons: changing in and out of uniforms, hazardous if precautions are not taken
Wonderful people to work with! Great work environment! Great pay for employees. Experienced personnel with years of experience at plant. Management is understanding and you are provided with a lot of independence.
Great Company
Laboratory Technician III (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: salarry
Great Company! BASF is the largest Chemical company in the world,but salary is low compare to other.
No room for advancement
Lab Technician III (Current Employee), Beachwood ohioDecember 6, 2014
I have been at BASF going on 6 years, I came in low on the totem pole and have not advanced at all. There is no room for advancement within the group I work in, and management will not allow you to move to a different position.
Typical
Operations (Current Employee), TennesseeNovember 28, 2014
Typical job. Nothing more, nothing less. Insurance benefits are dwindling, costs are going up. You get roughly inflation for raise unless its a bad year.
Drive Forklift all day
Material Handler I (Former Employee), Tifton, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: very slow paced
Drive forklift, clean up warehouses, move pallets back and forth.
production
Material Handler (Current Employee), Sparks, GANovember 18, 2014
Basf is a great place to work .It's a chemical company I ahve really learned alot.
Basf
chemical operator (Current Employee), Seneca, SCNovember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits are very good.
Cons: it is very hot in the summer and cold in the winter
pretty good place to work. The benefits are great. I learned how to manipulate chemicals for a specific reaction. My co-workers are great. The hardest part is heat it is very hot. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get a three day weekend every other week.
Very relaxed and effective work atmosphere
Lab Technician and Lab Administrator (Current Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2014
The work environmetn is one that is not so rushed as to cause unneeded stress, but it is not so relaxed that the speed and quality of work is affected in any adverse way.
Excellent Company-Safety is formost and professionally managed
Analytical Lab Technician/QC Inspector (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALOctober 31, 2014
Pros: excellent company, safe and professional
I only worked there through a temporary/screening service but felt I was a part of the company. Safety is 100 percent a part of the company's overall attitude toward each of its workers. I felt that I was important and even through I was expected to give my 100%, I was made to feel my safety came first. This is a rare thing I feel in most large corporations nowadays. I was clearly give excellent training on my two positions I held and felt a very open atmosphere to information and any questions I should have concerning my job. I felt very at home working there and could see myself working for as long as I want to and advancement in the company was up to me and what I was willing to give and learn.
Great international company to work for
Thermoplastic Urethane Marketing (TPU) (Former Employee), East Coast USOctober 27, 2014
I worked with many diverse companies that gave me a vast array of experience.
Great company to work with
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 21, 2014
Great place to work. I liked everyone at the plant, in all departments, for their personalities and the work they put into the plant. I cannot discuss a "typical day" because my job varied greatly; I was, after all, a Cooperative Education student working through the University of Cincinnati's co-op program. As such, I learned much about working in professional settings and several soft skills that one does not pick up in college. I found that the hardest part of work was finding enough time to get everything done that might possibly need done; there was always something more that could be done to make improvements.
No day the same.
Contract worker (Former Employee), 75123October 18, 2014
Pros: awesome schedule
Cons: will not hire full time, forced to work on off days
- Typical day at work included mixing color samples and building pallets.
- I learned many interesting facts about wall finishes and color
- Warehouse manager is a corporate snake. He holds information from the workers needed to complete task. Never confronts issues with employees just let's them go and ALWAYS takes the managers side even if they are wrong.Soon as contract workers ask about money they get fired.
-Loved all of my co-workers
-Hardest part of the job was dealing with management and watching my immediate supervisor lie about an accident to keep a safety streak going.
- Only thing I regret is the ability to mention names in this post
Good transition job
Key Account Specialist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: big company with good salary and benefits
Cons: job ended
Fulfilled responsibilities.
Good people.
Completed job
no further opportunities with them
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 12, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no cons
The company is very supportive and offer work like balance.
Waste of time
lab technician (Former Employee), Madison, ALOctober 7, 2014
Cons: everything
Management doesn't care about its employees. Horrible 12 hour work days with nothing to do. And when there is work, a monkey could do it, yet they have 4 people doing that one task. I watch everyone abuse break times and lunches, while I was left to work. No opportunity for advancement. All they care fore is the illusion of safety and dollars in upper managements' pocket. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good company
Channel Support Representative (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCOctober 3, 2014
Good international company to work for. Management was great and training was also available.
Steady and conservative environment, looking to progress and innovate
Director, Human Resources (Former Employee), Florham Park, NJOctober 3, 2014
Pros: safe, steady
Cons: conservative
BASF is a good place to work. I would recommend it as an employer. Managers are working to become more employee-focused, but there is a bit to go on that journey... The culture is strong, and one needs to learn how to adapt in order to be successful.
Very good people tp work with.
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 2, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: chemical enviroment
Performing PM's on instrumentation and electrical systems
Headquarters