BASF Employee Reviews

Productive work place.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 25, 2016
Bad management. Needed better communication and better management. The key to management is, and has always been follow up. Need better management that knows how to keep their aces in place.
Top Heavy Company
Research Technician (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MIAugust 21, 2016
Management doesn't care much about technicians that do all the work. Salary is low and stays low unless you advance many times. Negotiate your salary high BEFORE you get hired, you won't get another chance. Technicians get the lowest bonus' at $1000/yr.
Pros
Great friendly co-workers
Cons
Management, that is all for themselves. Me, Me, Me. Way too many layers doing very little work.
Excellent Place to work, but you have to want to work
Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 19, 2016
Instrumentation and Electrical Tech. Maintaining all instruments, wiring, etc. Troubleshoot, more troubleshoot, and fixing of same. The job is constantly mind challenging in a good way. Always something new going on. We are well respected and appreciated. The entire plant treats each other well. Mgmt well responsive to care of family. BASF offers EXCELLENT benefits at an OUTSTANDING cost. Mgmt is responsive to our needs in doing our work. BUT, you MUST be willing to work when you come to work and when a company treats you right and you care about YOUR plant, that means our crew might be there for 3 extra hours sweaty, dirty, hungry until that critical piece of equipment is fixed.
Pros
Good People, Good Mgmt, Good Benefits
Cons
AC in our shop would be nice so we could protect sensitive equipment.
review
Chemical operator 3 (Current Employee) –  Peekskill, NYAugust 18, 2016
satisfactory place to work,close to home.great coworkers
cool in winter,warm in the summer,but very dry indoors when it rains.
would like to return in the future,if possible.
Great career choice
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXAugust 12, 2016
Basf has been a wonderful career choice. It has provided me with many years of successful service.
I have worked in the super absorbent polymer plant for 28+ years.
Flexible schedule & respects work life balance
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 11, 2016
I am a mom that has to be the sole support for them and y supervisors were always willing to allow me to make up any missed hours. Each time I needed to leave work for my children, my supervisors were understanding of the importance of my family's needs.
Competitive and great workplace with emphasis on safety, and health
Sr. Facility Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYJuly 24, 2016
A typical day was challenging while productive
Very safety focused -
Learned new databases such as SAP, Financial systems and Learning modules to track colleagues Safety training requirements.
The hardest part of my job was keeping up with multiple tasks, but was able to achieve with delegating assignments.
Pros
Free coffee / tea, reward thank you points for special work done above daily tasks.
Cons
Busy and loving environment with great coworkers.
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  McIntyre, GAJuly 21, 2016
I love my job at BASF. Unfortunately I have to find employment closer to the college I'll be attending. The atmosphere at BASF in McIntyre is what I love the most. My job can become crazy sometimes but it makes me love it even more. The hardest part of my job has to be payroll.
Productive & Innovative
Assistant HR Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 15, 2016
Great Company to work for, more cross training is needed. Better planning regarding head counts would go a long way.
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
Poorly trained managers
management
Instrument Technician (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LAJuly 12, 2016
Safety is a last concern and everyone fights like its high school. the pay is low and the benefits are very costly and poor. the instrument department is very sad to be around.
Employment at a chemical production facility
Steering Team Facilitator / Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 12, 2016
I am currently working two positions at BASF and I work 12 hour shifts three days on three days off rotating days and nights every three days. A typical work day entails me first fulfilling my duties as a chemical operator followed by performing safety observation, various data entry, safety research, and removal of safety barriers for my position as Steering Team Facilitator. Bi-monthly, myself along with members of the Steering Team review data collected over the course of the month and determine team progress and potential safety hazards that require attention. The hardest part of the role of facilitator is finding time in my busy work day to fulfill the duties of the position in addition to motivating other observers. The hardest part of the chemical operator position is manufacturing high quality products with aging machinery. The most enjoyable part of my employment at BASF is seeing the observation process lead to the removal of safety barriers.
Benefits
Cons
Swing shift, old machinery, balancing two positions
Great people Great staff
Paint Coating Analysis II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 8, 2016
Management was perfect. Never had any complaints from anyone. Being the paint supplier we had alot at hand. However all employees where there to help
productive and good place to work
Packing Operator (Former Employee) –  Manatí, PRJuly 1, 2016
its a very nice place to work, the people are very nice.
the process its very simple for the workers.
its a safe company with a very high security procces.
they provide good personal equipment for better work.
Great Place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 27, 2016
Busy environment, Great pay and benefits, Good management typical chemical plant shift work nights and days, very safety oriented very safe plant
good place to work, money could be better
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 20, 2016
Every one seems very nice, but it is not perfect just like any company. Job security is fairly good since the company employs so many people even if your job is being done away with they can find you a different position.
Pros
flex hours, nice atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
pay and difficult to advance
Great Place to Work
Process Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 17, 2016
A great place to work for a chemical engineer. The development program offers unparalleled views into different career options for a recent graduate.
A great place to work.
Bagger/Loader (Former Employee) –  McIntyre, GAJune 16, 2016
A great place to work,good atmosphere and environment to work in.BASF gave me the opportunity to work overtime on a regular basis,operate many different types of machinery.
Basf
Strategic Planning Manager (Current Employee) –  Iselin, NJJune 16, 2016
The Strategic Planning Manager is a key team member in support of the Global Catalysts Operating Division. This position provides strategic analysis, development, recommendations and project management to the business development, marketing, planning and business modeling activities required to support and sustain assigned business (es) within the Global Catalysts Division. This position works closely and collaborates with appropriate business unit management including senior level executives (VP/SVP/ President) as well as external contacts to develop strategic options and appropriate business and marketing plans.
ok
PROCESS TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 12, 2016
Comply with company safety regulations and issue work permits when required. short of man power.
Keep abreast of operating and equipment changes made in assigned area. Maintain thorough knowledge of all equipment and operations, especially procedures for emergency shutdown and start-up.
Pros
every one work together
Cons
poor mangement
Stressful
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  McIntyre, GAJune 10, 2016
Very evident that you were not cared for by the management unless you wanted to play politics. The people that know what they are doing and that do an excellent job are not compensated or even told that they are appreciated. There is a constant fear that you are going to lose your job over something ridiculous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2