BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

Good Job, Job security, overtime, and some advancements possible.
Chemical Production Operator (Current Employee), Freeport, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: process i work with in my unit is somewhat reliable.
Cons: compensation and being short on experienced employees
Shift work operator, relive working crew and communicate about work done and work that needs to be done. Any problems and changes made to the system. Look over system and trouble shoot if needed, run samples and analysis on chemical products for QA. Write permits for any work needed in my unit. Management is good, they involve the operators in most – more... of the changes in the production system. Co-workers are team players and willing to help out when needed. Hardest part of the job is being short handed most of the time due to lack of experienced hands in my unit, work life balance with home life due to the amount of overtime needed to cover shifts. Most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, they are better than most places I have been employed at. – less
Production Oriented
Part Time/ Temporary Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable co-workers; close to my house
Cons: was not able to be hired on
Learned to be prepared for anything and everything to happen in one day.
No 2 days are the same
Family Atmosphere
Always someone 1 phone call/ 1 instant message away to answer any questions.
The actual hardest part of my job was not being able to be there everyday. Physically - the hardest part was lifting product.
The most enjoyable part was resolving – more... customers concerns. – less
Incredible company to work for
Continuous Improvement Engineer (Current Employee), Port Arthur, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful work/life balance and compensation.
Cons: cycles through management relatively quickly.
BASF is an incredible company to work for. While each site is quite different, the company is wonderful with great programs and strategies set in place. Job security within the industry is quite high as well.
Great company to work for as long as the economy is good.
Technical Service Representative - (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: lots of free lunches and travel opportunities
Cons: bad economy
I enjoyed my years working for BASF. They moved me several times over my 8 years with them.
Site Manager
Manager Customer Services (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NJJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: enjoyed serving the employees of the company and my immediate management
Cons: being laid off, in my opinion, due to world events, my deployments and their business management philosophy.
I started with BASF in 1984 at 19 years old, in their mailroom. I immediately began night school for my degree. I worked my way up through all the positions associated with Facilities Management and eventually became site manager for our 210,000 Square foot facility. I received my degree and also began working as part of the team building the north – more... american corporate headquarters. We moved in in 1994. one million square feet, 3000 employees, 154 acres. I was responsible for the safety, environmental issues, security, public relations, crisis management. I was part of the team that ran this mega facility. We also had a corporate jet where I was responsible to train, maintain and comply with various regulations. I enjoyed this job tremendously. I was still involved in the army reserves and up until 9/11, it was basically transparent to BASF. After 9/11, I had three deployments. They opted to let me go during my third. world events have calmed since then and my military career is nearing its end. – less
Excellent people and place to work
Technician (Contractor) (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: excellent work envrioment
Cons: a lot of contract work only.
Very safety minded and culture events for employees. Gained valuable skills and knowledge. Great people to work with.
Productive, safe environment to work in
BASF EM-H R&D intern (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at BASF due to the exposure to many aspects of a global company. I also enjoyed the safe environments that BASF provided.
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Seneca, SCJanuary 7, 2014
My typical dat work is to do a lot of testing everyday. I've learned how to mix chemicals. My co-workers were all good to me and the management as well. The hardest part of the job was seems everything is always on the rush and you have to keep up with it and the most enjoyable part is working with people.
Very unproffessional management
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Evans City, PAJanuary 5, 2014
Management is not up for any new changes from employees.Their way is the only way
Not a good place to work.
TAR Planner (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXJanuary 2, 2014
Accident looking for a place to happen. Very unsafe place to work
Great bunch of guys to work with.
Chemical Operator (Former Employee), Erie PaJanuary 2, 2014
Its was very physical labor. 12 hour shifts routing shifts.
productive and fun co-wotkers
Electrical Maintenance Techician (Former Employee), Quincy, FLDecember 30, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: n/a
•Assigned jobs by supervisor via work orders
•Trouble shooting and day to day operations, prioritizing jobs as needed
•Supervisor very professional
•Very professional job oriented
•In climatic weather
•Everything
Great Company to work for they take care of their people.
Administrative Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), ILDecember 19, 2013
Management and co-workers were more than just that they were and still are friends. everything of the job was great no bad times nor bad experiences.
Good Company
Manager, Property Accounting (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJDecember 16, 2013
Pros: Nice company to learn and develop your skills- I joined the company since 2011 and love working here. The people are friendly and diverse. Lots of learning and exposure to new processes.
All in all, one of the better jobs I've had.
Chemical Operator II (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 13, 2013
Compensation and benefits are fairly competitive. Work schedule can be really nice once you get used to it and (for production jobs) don't mind working every other weekend.
safety
forklift operator (Current Employee), freeport txDecember 11, 2013
easy work, very safe environment. good management . could pay a lot more.
normal big chemical company
Process Technician (Former Employee), Geismar, LADecember 10, 2013
everything depends on the unit or department you end up in and what you put into it
World class place to work, until they sold the company.
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee), Anderson, SCNovember 23, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: when they sold out we were all sad.
good job and good money, Team work was required and most of the time everyone worked well together. We all hoped to retire there.
Is a good company with great benefits
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Brighton, CONovember 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: no overtime and exposure to chemicals
I enjoy working at BASF but I have had problems working around the chemicals with skin issues. I enjoy working on the graveyard shift but it would be better to be allowed some overtime.
High caliber talent throughout the company
Product Regulation (Current Employee), Southfield, MINovember 16, 2013
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: too many uncertainties on contract workers
BASF is a an excellent place to develop a great network of contacts inside a highly technical environment.

About BASF

BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 112,000 employees, six Verbund sites – Read more