BASF Employee Reviews

Production Supervisor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, MOOctober 4, 2017
Really good people work at BASF. Management was good and respectful. If I did not have to relocate I would still be working there. Benefits all the way around were great.
Pros
Cons
Work and life balance
Management just makes things up as they go.
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHOctober 3, 2017
No real direction. Figure it out as we go mind-set. No procedures. High turnover. Senior management stays around for 2-3 years and leaves. No focus on the long term. Get out if you can.
Pros
rate of pay
Cons
no future
the most enjoyable part of the job
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 26, 2017
Contributing to the success and transition of the department training and team work success. It's an excellent place to work. I can tell you how the coworkers all jump in to assist and support the department.
Balance
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LASeptember 24, 2017
Balance is a very important aspect of my life and the structure set in place didn't allow me time away from work to feel free. So much overtime that I had no life.
Scientist
Scientist I (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 24, 2017
BASF is a great place to work, but advancement depends on the department you work in. If you work for the global side then advancement is very hard unless you have a PhD. Many more advancement opportunities for MS or BS graduates on the North American side.
Pros
vacation, co-workers
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
Horrible place.
Process Technician/Assistant Shift lead (Former Employee) –  Seneca, SCSeptember 23, 2017
There is no absolutely no career advancement. Horrible work environment. Management is atrocious. Horrible pay for the work you do especially with the dangerous chemicals.
Benefits
Cons
Pay, Management, and environment
Great Company
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 21, 2017
One of the Best Companies I worked for, I would Love to be back here. The open atmosphere was very pleasant and i still remained quiet. People are kind and BASF Loves to cross train, I learned a great deal working here
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sparks, GASeptember 21, 2017
Supervisor was real cut throat. The work place was very easy & Balanced. They pay was very great. The safety played a big part in the industry. Overall it was great
Basf
Interim Production Supervisor/Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  West Memphis, ARSeptember 20, 2017
Great place to work although recently job security has been somewhat of an issue. Pay is higher than most jobs in this region. Management is not that great at this site.
Innovative Company
Materials Planner / Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJSeptember 19, 2017
BASF has always been ahead of the curve. They offer a work life balance. It felt like a family working at BASF. I would recommend anyone to get a job there
Pay well, poor hours
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Wyandotte, MISeptember 17, 2017
The J-swing is a difficult shift to get used to. You are flip flopping nights and days within the same week, while working 12 hours a day. The work is feast or famine, 6 hours of your shift you may not have a single thing to do other than clean, but the other 6 hours you can be swamped and not a get a minute break.
Good stepping stone for further advancement
Logistics Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Geismar, LASeptember 15, 2017
Great first step to get into the company and be introduced to the culture and plant experience.

Opportunities are difficult to come by due to the nature of Logistics, it is a site service and is very secluded.
Productive and fun place to work
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCSeptember 13, 2017
It is so great to work at BASF. The culture in the company is so friendly. I learnt a lot and made lots of life-long friends. It is also a place where the employees are well treated.
Well Paying to employees
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport, DESeptember 13, 2017
Pays well to real employees but not as well to contract employees also as a contract employee there are no benefits or days off. As a contractor you do the same tasks as other employees for significantly less per hour.
Pros
Pay
Experienced workers receive higher starting pay.
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 13, 2017
BASF was good by not starting me out at bottom of the scale pay when I started with BASF due to having many years of experience with the equipment. The balanced four days on, four days off, schedule is nice.
Competitive but educational
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Very tough place to work; extremely cutthroat and pressure-cooker environment. However, you will definitely learn a lot about your field of work in a short amount of time
Pros
Educational
Cons
Fast paced, low career advancement
Great Place to Work
Chemical Engineering Research Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wyandotte, MISeptember 9, 2017
I have enjoyed working at BASF and I would like to continue working at BASF assuming I can move where I need to. The Professional Development Program is an excellent way to learn about manufacturing with different process chemistry and explore the US. Management has been very supportive in all areas of career development. Co-workers are very open to helping you develop into the engineer you would like to be.
Good Company
Regulatory Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 8, 2017
Good work life balance. Great benefits. the manager I had prior to leaving was ok. But over my 10 years there did have others that were really good.
Excellent place to work. Employee's are treated as equals.
HR Leave of Absence Specialist (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJSeptember 1, 2017
A typical day on the job involves working on the phone with employee's regarding their disability benefits. Approval of benefits, working with HR and physician's office to gather required information. Contacting employee's for updates. I have learned the meaning of empathy and team work. My workplace culture is fast paced, but well rounded. The hardest part of the job is staying on task, due to the nature of the job. At any given moment, you have to stop what you are doing to attending to a situation and solve multiple problems. But that is the nature of the job and I am glad to make people feel at ease.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
a situation can take an entire day to solve.
Fast pace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 1, 2017
The work environment could improve: having a training system that will benefit new and current employees. Therefore some employees wouldn't have to over-work themselves by every task that need to be done, which affect productivity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BASF. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2