BASF

BASF Employer Reviews

Outstanding employer!
Supply Chain Planner & Scheduler (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJuly 21, 2013
Construction Chemical company. Good location to work. Great career opportunities country wide.
Great Chemical Company
Junior Process Engineer, 3- month Full-time Intern (Former Employee), 上海市, C23July 19, 2013
Very organized working style, good management and team cooperation working culture. Co-workers are all best engineers in different fields, definitely a great place for developing career skills for young engineers
Productive and Fun work place
Quality Control Technician (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 16, 2013
Overall my experience here has been great so far. A typical day is very steady and can be eventful at times. On a daily basis, its always something new to learn when certain issues arise. However, my co-workers are very helpful, understanding and knowledgeable.
Excellant Company
Accounts Payable/Receptionist/Inventory Control (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAJuly 13, 2013
Pros: great environment and very respectful
Cons: company closed in area where i live
Absolutely loved this company and always treated like a family and great working environment
Great place to work.
Security Administrator's Assistant /Clerk (Former Employee), Freeport, TXJuly 5, 2013
huge company.
great place to work
great hours
room for growth
productive work place
Process operator (Former Employee), Geismar, LAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: free lunches, great benefits, stable working, great salary
Cons: management and co-workers were not helpful for your sucess
loading and unloading tank trucks and railcars.
how to work safe in a chemical plant setting.
management was terrible.
co-workers were unwilling to help you in any way.
very physical working conditions.
Work as a team player
Operator (Former Employee), Pasadena TxJuly 1, 2013
Pros: team building outing
Cons: standing alone
This company is big on safety and team building. Working at this company is about getting out the product that the customer want.
Focus on safety and health.
Laboratory Technician I (Current Employee), Iselin, NJJuly 1, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: very difficult to get promoted.
Operate ozone reactor for evaluation of catalyst for aircraft applications.
My work is rewarding because the use of catalyst that I prepare and evaluate purify the air.
good solids high tech company
Regional Account Manager ( Northeast (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2013
Pros: solid company
Cons: a bit slow in moving forward with key projects
good support from technical and business managers; overall a positive experience at BASF
nice people everyone very helpful
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 19, 2013
love running front desk. answer phones, filing papers, doing fedex postage.
Customer Support and Marketing Support
Sales and Marketing Support Representative (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJune 5, 2013
Pros: great interaction with clients and sales and marketing teams
Cons: little advancement potential
Dealt with a high volume of inbound calls from clients across the country. Managed orders, advertising, and collateral for six regional sales managers.
Stable Company
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 3, 2013
Stable company with a wide range of opportunities in an assortment of fields world wide.
challenging,interesting
Operator A (Former Employee), Geismar, LAMay 30, 2013
Pros: team work
Cons: extreme hours at times
a complex and demanding position I found to be challenging and interesting. I was well compensated with salary and benefits.Manangement and coworkers were a team. Hardest part of the job was the complexity. Most enjoyable part was solving problems
Long shifts but time flies!
Rotational drummer (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCMay 21, 2013
nothing at the workplace is hard to do, but it does take time to learn the different procedures for each job.
Moved back to home town
Maintenance Fitter(mechanic)- Charge Hand (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, South AfricaMay 6, 2013
Pros: free samples while you work
My first shift job. Started as straight shift fitter(mechanic) Got to learn plant quickly as it was easy SCADA which made fault finding easy. MCC3 and MCC4 catalyst coating machines are priority. Later on we installed a MCC6 coating machine along with CSF lines. Our management could focus a little better on our production side and also on maintenance, – more... but as a fairly new plant we strive to get to our goals.

There isn't hard work here, but its best you focus properly when working on equipment. These machinery can be delicate and its best to know how it operates before trying to repair it.

Most enjoyable part must be the satisfaction of knowing how to repair these machines. – less
I enjoyed working claims and helping the farmers, and businesses in the Ag specture
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Hays, KsMay 5, 2013
I would work the claims that i had for that day and check on the Coops and other Ag businesses.
Hard to hire
Coatings Development Specialist (Current Employee), Newport, DEMay 2, 2013
Pros: great atmostphere and fast paced environment
Cons: almost impossible to become a full-time employee
Worked as a contractor with many if not more responsibilities than some full time employees but was not able to get hired. Great atmosphere to work within as many of the managers allow their employees to handle their responsibilities without micro-managing. During my time working here there were many projects which I was responsible for and always received – more... credit from my co-workers when reporting to management. – less
Wonderful, fun place to work
Assistant Biologist/Greenhouse Manager (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMay 1, 2013
Pros: great community.
Varied work, both in the lab and out in the field. Great, science-driven products.
Enjoyable work places
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), McIntyre, GAApril 23, 2013
helping the employees
listing to your co workers will help
Worked directly with the truck drivers to achieve on time shipping.
Communicate verbally and in writing to answer inquiries and provide information.
Productive and challenging work environment-great learning experience.
Supply Planner I (Current Employee), Evans City, PAApril 22, 2013
Throughout the challenging work environment because of the merging into another business unit. I have learned the responsibilities and actions it takes to lead successful projects. I have assisted in the integration of utilizing SAP to plan for production.

About BASF

BASF SE, formerly BASF AG, is a Germany-based chemical company. The Company has six business segments: Chemicals, Plastics, Performance – Read more