Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

All drama,dysfunction 24/7
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2017
I was sent to work @ the Tempe store when I live in East Mesa.I could not advance or transfer but they did for other people--it's who you know outside of work @ this place.I also got blamed for mistakes my co-worker made when she was hungover--management was work buddies outside work with her.Quickly I began to not want to be with their drama.
Pros
Love my customers
Cons
Poor Management All Around Entire Store
Workplace
Night crew (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2017
The time
I worked at bashas was great I just wasn't getting enough hours. The people are friendly and it's a good place to work as a first job. Bu tI went to school be become a Medical Assistant now
i have to get a job in that field.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough hours
Great opportunities but poor management
Assistant Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Peridot, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I had the opportunity to get training for customer service, cashier training and in store training for a stocker. I liked working at bashas but the hours were terrible and the management wasn't great leaders in my opinion. I am full time and they gave me the lowest hours available which is 32 hours I haven't had anything above that for over a year.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management
relaxed
Night Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Peridot, AZSeptember 12, 2017
a typical day included meeting a greeting with everyone seeing what the talk of the town or store was and over all supporting each other with work and customers
A great place to work in a small town
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMSeptember 12, 2017
This place was great, a lot of managers that helped guide you through the day when you first start working there. Its a work place that will keep you busy because there are always customers all day long with multiple tasks to do.
getting to know different people
Cashier,Scan Coordinator & GM. Clerk (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZAugust 30, 2017
A typical day at work can be slow or busy. Depending on the day it was. I enjoy my work not everyday I cashiered. Working with different kinds of people who needed help speaking spanish. Helping them get by made my day at times. Giving good customer service to the employees ans customer was a good day for me.All my manager are all good people when I needed them their were there for me. If I
needed some help I got help. I got along with all my managers and co-workers. So I wanted to learn to do different things such as scan coordinator. Doing scan coordinator work kept me busy. Making signs and putting up tag throughout the entire store. I love being busy my day goes by fast. Also doing GM. Clerk was something different I learn first I really enjoyed it kept me busy all day. Ordering separating all Items and putting all Items on the shelves. I enjoyed my job got see and meet all kinds of different people. People who just come in to see you just because you give them good customer service made my day.
Cons
no dental or vision care
Good job
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Payson, AZAugust 30, 2017
Worked at the Bashas in Payson. Pretty relaxed location. Deli position included a lot of cleaning and prepping. Worked alone or with one other person for the most part.
It was just O.K.
Deli Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 18, 2017
Every other manager was good, the rest were rude or unwilling to help. Very inflexible with scheduling. It was always inconsistent, ranging from 10 hours to 35. They short staff as well, so if someone needs time off, it screws the whole department. In store training is weak, and it often leaves the new employees clueless, leaving long standing employees more stressful work. Its not uncommon to see employees crying from stress. The turnover rate was unreal, and I would not recommend working here unless you have years experience of deli work.
Pros
15% off after 15 dollar purchase?
Cons
Little to NO BREAK, even with a 10 hour shift. Shifts are inconsistent
Amazing place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZAugust 16, 2017
I cannot say enough positive things about this store. It is truly a phenomenal place to work. Not only do they provide full benefits, they also encourage promotions and advancements within the company
Pros
Family store, full benefits
Cons
Low initial pay
Fueler, Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 16, 2017
Excellent benefits, great work environment, and employees learn new things everyday.

Want to know more about Bashas' Supermarkets?

Ask a question
Fast pace job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJuly 31, 2017
Very fast paced job with it being a grocery store. Constantly busy helping customers with their needs and wants. I enjoyed being a cashier and would love to work there again. If they would work people full time more often.
Produce
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, AZJuly 25, 2017
A fun work environment with the co-workers and supervisors. A safe environment and meeting and helping out the customers daily was a good experience as well as helping others.
Pros
discounts
Cons
breaks
Retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 20, 2017
This job included the knowledge of managing the register, processing WIC and personal checks. I was assisting manager with ordering department and making sure everything is up to date.
a good learning experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peridot, AZJuly 18, 2017
While employed at Bashas. I enjoyed working in a family friendly store, as a Cashier, I enjoyed helping the costumers and my co-workers were friendly and helpful when I needed help. The managers of the store were great leaders and always taught me to do my best as a Cashier.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
better wages
Nothing glorious but it pays the bills.
Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZJune 29, 2017
Room for advancement if you're willing to put in the time. Enjoyed my time there for the most part, but would accredit that to my coworkers more than anything else.
Good work but difficult environment
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 24, 2017
Being a deli clerk at Bashas' was my first job. I work for four or five hours at a time alternating between washing dishes and cutting meats and cheeses. My co-workers are nice, but not overly friendly. The hardest part of the job are the secret shoppers. Bashas' hires secret shoppers to rate employees based on customer service. While I agree with this, the threat of termination of employment is stressful and unnecessary. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping people out and knowing that you were able to help a stranger.
Cons
Secret shoppers, little respect for new employees, difficult customers.
Great place for cooks or foodies
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 21, 2017
The Cashier position is a great place for people to meet and exchange information about recipes. There are discounts for employees on groceries, also.
Pros
Gain knowledge about healthy food options.
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to shop, great prices on the food.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, AZJune 12, 2017
My day at work was busy, I would help the customers bag their groceries and if they needed to be taken out to their vehicle I would help them. I learned how to bag the food right with the heavy food on the bottom and the light food on top. I enjoyed getting the carts and bringing them in. I would restock the eggs on the shelves and put food back that weren't bought, and at the end of the shift I would sweep the floors.
Pros
Getting to meet new employee's
Cons
Not enough hours.
great place i was sad to leave
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 8, 2017
typical day is punch in get your work list and have at it goes by fast no matter if its a slow day or a busy one the customers are great and so are the people you work with.
I loved working for bashas
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZJune 6, 2017
It was a wonderful work environment that was full of good people and amazing customers. I lovedf my jobb duties there as a cashier and as a bagger if i could work there again i most definitely would
Pros
5% of grociers
Cons
Working in the heat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.