Bashas' Supermarkets

Bashas' Supermarkets Employer Reviews

Bashas is an awesome company to work for
Baker (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AzFebruary 16, 2015
I made the mistake of leaving this company for other jobs that I thought would be better but lesson learned the hard way..
Bashas' corporate office - great place to work!
Assistant Director / Art Gallery Technician (Current Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 6, 2015
I've enjoyed working at the Bashas' corporate office. It's a good place to work, location is easy to get to, and people are friendly.
Job was okay. I was 17 so any kind of money was good.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Chandler, ArizonaFebruary 4, 2015
I did what I had to do in my job area. My management I was not a fan of. I was not a lazy worker but yet they ask so much from me. I did not have any benefits there whatsoever. But, for the people who did I heard they were not very good.
Great for first timers
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 27, 2015
Bashas gave me the opportunity as the first place that ever hired me, and i thank them for that, but during the time that i was there promotions were tough to come by, but management were great and were considerate with taking time off when emergencies come and with schooling.
Very laid back atmosphere and enviromnent, with a go get attitude when it comes to products, and services. Great place to meet, and accomplish Goals.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Very comftorable management, also provides a nice, and comftorable place to work, along with great benefits!
Very fun work environment
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: cant think of any
A typical day consisted of hard work customer service and the surprise everyday that you could expect something different everyday. I learned so much, that was the first time I was management and you have to learn so much. My bosses were wonderful. Some of my co-workers were very different than I was. Not that that's a bad thing but most of them were not very motivated. The hardest part of my job was the learning process. My trainers were amazed what a fast learner I was and this definitely helped me with my promotions. Most of my customers were wonderful and thanks to them I enjoyed my job.
Excellent company to work for.
Accountant/Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Chandler, AZJanuary 8, 2015
This is a family owned business. They take care of their employees.
Enjoy working and meeting people
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Chinle, AZJanuary 5, 2015
Listen to your employees, they know about your customers and can provide valuable input and listen to the costumer's opinions advise.
Lax non-stressful atmosphere to work
Accountant (Former Employee), Chandler, ArizonaDecember 23, 2014
I came to work at Bashas' to help with bankruptcy reconciliations and stayed with the company as an Account Analyst. I review AP and AR on a monthly basis. I help with updating the Control Procedures for the Company.
I have many other responsibilities throughout the month as well.
A few listed are as follows:
Tenants
Uniforms
Better Bucks Program
Construction invoices
Unclaimed Property
nice people poor advancement oppurtunity
Night Crew Manager (Former Employee), sierra vista az.November 7, 2014
Pros: schedule flexabilty
Cons: advancement opportunity poor
i believe the management system was ok but depending on location of store it varied alot from good to poor.
Stressful and difficult due to co-worker unfinished responsibilities
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Glendale, AZOctober 12, 2014
Pros: learned about the mexican culture, and how to connect with people with all different backrounds
Cons: management, unorganized
My typical day at work would be to walk into work with almost no help from co-workers and would have to give 200% just to pick up their slack and to make sure my job responsibilities were finished because I was always closer. I learned not to count on others too much and worry more about exactly I myself have to finish before helping someone else. I also learned how to effortlessly get along with people and connect with others. Management was okay. I had a few spectacular bosses who taught me gave me life advice and cared for me as a person and wanted me to succeed and be happy. But then I also had a few who didn't care as much and didn't care whether I succeeded or failed. The hardest part of the job would definitely have to be picking up on my co-workers slack and then having to rush in order to get my responsibilities done as well. The most enjoyable part of my job would be talking to customers and being able to do my job as detail-oriented as I wanted and doing everything my boss needed me to plus more.
Busy but full of excitment
Cashier (Former Employee), Queen Creek, AZOctober 3, 2014
As a cashier is was a constant go and go motion, ringing people out and helping people find their missing items from their shopping list. While working as Basha's I learned time management and organizational skills. My coworkers were friendly and helpful, though remember the produce codes was the most difficult task.
Very fun, and relaxed atmosphere.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2014
Customer Service. Maintenance of Store, Assisting Customers
Fast-paced work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, 5% discount
Cons: short breaks, small promotion opportunity, no raises
My duties usually involved assisting customers with bagging items and providing additional help if needed or desired, which was the primary goal of the job. Although maintaining good customer service is the key goal to be successful to this job there are many other responsibilities. Many of theses include additional maintenance aside from restrooms and parking lot, which are required to be checked every 15 minutes to make sure it is a safe environment for vehicles and customers. Generally, they only need to be done about every 30 minutes when it is not too busy. Management was fairly well though my efforts never seemed to be recognized much even though I gave it my all. The co-workers can be rude sometimes as there were may times that they were talking behind other coworkers back. Could they have possibly done the same to me I would often wonder? That to me, isn't showing much loyalty to others. They can be very friendly most of the time and many times have I been complimented by my efforts . But I was only doing my job which lead me to believe that others weren't doing all their tasks. The hardest part of my job would have to be when it gets really busy because usually I am the only one working and it can be a tough task to make sure the store and parking lot are clean while helping a handful of customers. The most enjoyable part is getting to know some of the customers and seeing them everyday. I enjoy being thanked for my hard work everyday. Overall, the pay isn't too well and it seems it can take a while for promotion. I would most likely recommend this job to young teenagers as the employment rate is very high. There isn't opportunities for a raise so that is something to consider as well. If you can bear the high-paced environment at times you can learn that it can be quite fun. It's good if you are looking for a challenge and enjoy talking with customers.
Great workplace, got along with all coworkers.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kayenta, AZAugust 28, 2014
Great way to balance work and lifestyle. Although, the Bashas 42 is under unprofessional management by the store director.
Good atmosphere, pay may be low for newcomers
Cashier/Clerk/Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 20, 2014
I have done everything store level. I enjoy working for this company. I have learned how to treat customers the right way. You don't have to deal with a union or pay union dews. You can move up in the company very easily as long you can show accountability and ambition. You get to know your customers on a personal level every day. The only bad part like any retail job you must work weekends and holidays. Pay maybe low to newcomers unless you have prior experience.
Ok job not great
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Ahwatukee, AZAugust 8, 2014
It is a great job for students or to do while looking for something else, but I would not recommend it as a long term career.
Certified Pharmacy Lead technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2014
Great place to work at everyone is very friendly its very easy job we do about 100 prescriptions daily with the help of 1 pharmacist and 1 other tech its a piece of cake the only downfall are the benefits.
Excellent Company
Assistant to Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great family oriented environment
Cons: not too much room for advancement
Great Company to work for. Great benefits with job security.
Made great friends
Cashier/Clerk/Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare, poor management, no hours available
I really enjoy the employees I work with and have made some great friends in all the years. The hardest part is no healthcare and no hours available and very poor management.

1 2 3

About Bashas' Supermarkets

Bashas' Family of Stores - the family-owned grocer that operates Food City, AJ's Fine Foods, Eddie's Country Store, and both Bashas' – Read more

Bashas' Supermarkets Photos