Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

customer service (deli clerk)
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  mesa, arizonaJanuary 24, 2018
good at listening, and has great communication and interpersonal skills. They fill a wide range of duties for the business that they represent.great at solving problems with customers quickly and efficiently.
Good to work place
Lead Scan Coordinator/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Morenci, AZJanuary 19, 2018
Bashas' is a fast place alot of stganding as ell as lifting.. Most words Workers and Manager's can make it a fun place to work. In more ways then one they treat there employee's fairly.. If a worker has verious issues with another worker the Store Store Director takes the time to listen to determin how to solve the issues.. At tim e they ask if most would be interested inhelping out another department...They'll ask if your interested in working extra hrs in different departments..
Pros
can transfer fast
Cons
lack of hours
IT was a fun work environment
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 15, 2018
a typical day we would have a few 100 maybe 1000 customers most were very nice a few rude but always kept a smile and stayed nice no matter what the people i worked with were great and my job was great but i wasn't paid very much hourly and there was no full time potions available due to them almost going bankrupt. but they did offer employee discounts but it was after spending a certain amount also they paid low and gave no benefits at all which sucked
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
no full time positions and no benefits
Not a bad place to work
G.M. Clerk/Cashier/back up scan clerk (Current Employee) –  Kingman, AZJanuary 9, 2018
Not a bad place to work-just feel I need a change and do something to do with the medical field-that has always been my all time dream. I have taken medical terminology in college and got a A in that class. I also took a class in medical billing and coding and received a A in that class. There is a lot of favoritism that goes on in my workplace. I give my Manager a lot of credit for the drama and stuff he has to deal with everyday. The hardest part of my job is when you hear of a regular customer passing away and not being able to see he or she and being able to talk to them.Most enjoyable part of my job I would have to say is seeing some of our regular customers and seeing their smiling faces and talking with them is the high life of my day.
Pros
5 weeks vacation time every year
Cons
Not very good benefits
Misery
Cashier/Bakery (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Managers have their favorite employees and allow them to slack off, while everyone else has do their job as well as our own. If you complain, you get talked to.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
When it's too busy we skip breaks/lunch
Poor Management
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 3, 2018
Terrible management at all levels
There is no room for growth and once you top out on the pay scale you never get a raise. Horrible benefits. Can be very political.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Pay, Healthcare Benefits, Management
Good Job
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJanuary 2, 2018
Overall I enjoyed working for Bashas'. I really enjoyed my fellow managers and my employees. I learned a lot about being a GREAT manager. The pay for the position that I held was the best around. The benefits were GREAT!
Pros
Discount on Groceries
Cons
Limited promotions
Fast Pace High Demand
Assistant Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85248December 14, 2017
Lot's of room for Transfer although not family friendly for members at store level as balance between work and home. Lot's of members do make it work as lot's of people have been with the company 20+ years
Great opportunity company.
Cashier, Customer Service, Management (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 19, 2017
I enjoy my job very much. I love working with the public, people are so fun. I had good manager that would work with you to help your career with the company.
Pros
great people to work with and customers
Cons
sometimes many hours
Basic work environment with holes inside and out within team members but an overall successful company
Courtesy Clerk/Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 19, 2017
The job gave me a lot of insight into people and how they act, it also built my communication skills. The environment was stable and I was always able to get work done.
Poor management.
Deli Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2017
Management is terrible Their expectations are ridiculous. they'll expect you too work 60hrs a week with only a 45 hour limitations
They suck Seriously
It's ok
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2017
Job security is good if been there a long time
It's ok. Very fair place. Corporate is ok. A lot of pressure but understating mmmmm mm mmmmm mmmm mmm mmmm mmmm mmm mmm mm m mm m mm m m
Pros
It keep up with union rules. Fair to employees
Cons
The pay is low compare to competition
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sedona, AZNovember 12, 2017
Not my favorite place to work. Poor communication and understanding. They want to hire you for only part time but work you 40 hours. I've never ever worked anywhere that does this.
Cons
Good for someone that needs P.T. work, likes to work weekends and no set days off.
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Avondale, ArizonaNovember 8, 2017
Over the counter meat sales on a daily basis. Cleanup started with meatsaws . Scrubbed pots from deli products baking Hamburger machine cleanup....
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
No steady breaks, No Full time positions .No cost of living raise.
Very poor place to work for based on my
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 26, 2017
On my experience working for Bashas it was a poorly managed and very stressful place to work for didn't feel like I met expectations that seemed to be way too high for somebody just starting out when you would just ask questions to make sure you're getting things right where you're moving a little slower because you're trying to do a good job you're getting glares and criticism Ford not going as fast as they want you to when they've been there for 5 years and you've been there for not even a month kind of ridiculous.
Not bad of a place
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Crownpoint, NM 87313October 20, 2017
Management is a bit rocky. No one is willing to work with you or the customers. Every seems to be in a bad mood. Don't get paid enough for the work you do. Hardest part of the job is teamwork, There's not a good foundation of working together.
Pros
Cons
work hard but with cheap pay
Good Place to Start
Member (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 10, 2017
Bashas' is an ok company. This is retail so Job/Life balance will be hard. Bashas' was a family business along time ago and now it is running like a corporation. The good old days are gone, but is it needed for advancement.
All drama,dysfunction 24/7
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 5, 2017
I was sent to work @ the Tempe store when I live in East Mesa.I could not advance or transfer but they did for other people--it's who you know outside of work @ this place.I also got blamed for mistakes my co-worker made when she was hungover--management was work buddies outside work with her.Quickly I began to not want to be with their drama.
Pros
Love my customers
Cons
Poor Management All Around Entire Store
Workplace
Night crew (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 2, 2017
The time
I worked at bashas was great I just wasn't getting enough hours. The people are friendly and it's a good place to work as a first job. Bu tI went to school be become a Medical Assistant now
i have to get a job in that field.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Not enough hours
Great opportunities but poor management
Assistant Night Manager (Current Employee) –  Peridot, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I had the opportunity to get training for customer service, cashier training and in store training for a stocker. I liked working at bashas but the hours were terrible and the management wasn't great leaders in my opinion. I am full time and they gave me the lowest hours available which is 32 hours I haven't had anything above that for over a year.
Pros
Training, benefits
Cons
Not enough hours, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.