Bashas' Supermarkets Employee Reviews

Very little time off
Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 12, 2017
The over all pay was actually pretty good. The benefits as well. Maybe it was just my bakery manager, but I was never granted any time off. Even for dental work or for family. He got all the holidays off even if it meant I had to work them alone. Made me feel as if my job was more important than his and that's why I had to be there more than he was. Was over worked and exhausted, hardly got to see my kids and that's when I knew I had to quit. He came off nice, but when it came down to it, was probably the most selfish person I ever met.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No time off, selfish manager
Professional environment
LEAD PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 8, 2017
A good place to work. Very focused on customer care and service. Small family owned and operated company in Arizona. A lot of employee turnover because of competitive wages.
Pros
Goes the extra mile in customer care
Cons
Management style
Hard work and passion required
Customer Service/Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 14, 2017
Bashas' has been a great place to work. Its a fast paced environment with little to no room for error. Requires passion and dedication to thrive. It's very easy to fall behind on your tasks due to under staffing. The product is wonderful, and easy to stand by.
Things get very rough around the holidays for managment
Fast paced environment with tons to do
Deli Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 11, 2017
The daily routine consists of serving customers, slicing meat and cheese, making pizza, and cleaning in between every customer order. There is never a dull moment and you will be busy on a constant basis.
Chef
Certified Chef (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 10, 2017
Show up for shift immediately start production of meals for the day, breakfast, lunch or dinner sometimes all 3. Customer service, work the counter, ordering seafood and chicken for same day and next day service.
Pros
Get to meet some interesting new people and you get to be creative with menus.
Cons
Healthcare, not very much opportunity for advancement
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Crownpoint, NMFebruary 9, 2017
Great place to work and gain work experience and customer service skills. Excellent advancements. The most enjoyable part about this job is working with customers and members of the team.
Fun workplace/ Great Opportunities
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 7, 2017
I would ring up the regular morning customers and enjoy our quick chats, people I worked with were always very understanding and helpful. Working there was amazing you get to meet so many people and its such a great environment.
Pros
The People
No advancement
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2017
Very fun job, cool people. Management wasn't always up your butt, but sometimes they were. Absolutely no advancement, and no good benefits.
Pros
5% off if you spend $15 or more.
One sided store
Bakery/Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Problems do not get solved. The managers pick on employees. Seniority only matters when they do not want you to be able to do something. Manager spends most of her time on her phone and smoking cigarettes.
Pros
Cons
Hipacrocy
A limited experience, but still enjoyable
Barista (Former Employee) –  Litchfield Park, AZJanuary 9, 2017
The best part of being a barista was the interaction with the customers. I'm very good with difficult customers and could usually have them leave in a good mood. The hardest part was the management. They were very uncaring and accusatory when I was sick. They scheduled me crazy hours and did not work with my school schedule.
Pros
Customers
awesome place
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Maricopa, AZJanuary 4, 2017
amazing place to work at, definitely a great environment all team members are great friendly and very energetic, very open to all questions you may have
wasnt bad when i was there
refuse (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2017
it was a good place but since i have been there is has changed as they had financial troubles. the owners have passed away and i dont know the way it is now.
Pros
good people
Cons
bad hours
Fun work environment
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kayenta, AZDecember 28, 2016
I liked the management , but working in the heat pushing carts wasn't good at all , I learned more about customer service while working here . I enjoyed socializing with customers
Pros
Breaks, weekly pay
Cons
No provided lunches
Bashas Company
Deli Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tuba City, AZDecember 25, 2016
Every typical day is and exciting feeling having to put in the hours, any other days I would be training new hires, have to have a positive attitude, personality with a welcome smile. Having to count the register to see if no money was over or under the requirements of $300.00, having to check every expiration dates, make orders for customers, see if the night shift workers washed everything right, see if everything is sanitized, wearing gloves to keep germs away from food. My jobs is the first thing I think about when it comes to customers and no matter what customers are always right, having to meet there expectations is the number one rule, and announcing the orders over intercom was also very important announcement have to speak loud and proud. Working with my coworkers having to make the little deli market a fun environment, having to get the job done, and having to stay busy at all times. The hardest part about the job is when no show no calls having to work alone. The joyful thing about the job was looking for more opportunities boss has no limits if someone would like to work in a different department.
Pros
Having breaks, discount, work in different departments for extra hours.
Cons
15 minute breaks, dealing with toxic customers, and register power outtage.
always hiring
Lead Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carefree, AZDecember 18, 2016
don't work in the deli. get a job in the bakery or at the front cashier if you really have to. i had a degree and worked very hard while i was there, so i moved up quickly, and had opportunity to move to assistant manager, but turned it down because i was going back to school soon. i heard many other people complaining about how there was no opportunity for growth. so theres that.
Life as a Cashier/Customer Representative
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chinle, AZ 86503December 15, 2016
As a cashier, you need to have an open mind towards customers and their needs. You must always have a positive attitude and learn how to keep your opinions and anger aside. My day as a cashier was always a great day on the job. The hardest part about this position is being able to work with irate customers.
Cons
not enough hours were given to cashiers.
Fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 30, 2016
Great for people who are self starters, and willing to work for their money. If you are timid, you won't last. Everyone is racing the clock for bonuses.
Pros
Pay and bonuses
Cons
Heavy lifting
Great Place To Work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Catalina, AZOctober 26, 2016
I in all honesty loved this job for the most part. It had a great work environment and truly felt like a family owned store. I learned so much and was never afraid to ask for help. It was easy to give great customer service cause we were treated so well.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Low Hours
fun place to wokk
Meat cutter/meat clerk/retail clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 25, 2016
go into work, rotate and stock product, wait on all customers and wait on customers because the customer always comes first,treat them always in a friendly manner.Help out fellow employees and management in all tasks.Assist in building end caps and displays on sales floor for customer sales.face product,nightly cleaning.
Pros
raises
Cons
less work hrs.
warm working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goodyear, AZOctober 3, 2016
Working for Bashas as a cashier was fun and we were like one big family. The customers were friendly as well. Working around the holidays went by fast but fun and listing to christmas music was nice. The benefits were really good and cheap.
Pros
discount and flexible hours
Cons
Store manager not so understanding and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bashas' Supermarkets. Our community is ready to answer.

Bashas' Supermarkets Reviews by Location