Bashas

Bashas Employer Reviews

Ok job not great
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Ahwatukee, AZAugust 8, 2014
It is a great job for students or to do while looking for something else, but I would not recommend it as a long term career.
Certified Pharmacy Lead technician (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2014
Great place to work at everyone is very friendly its very easy job we do about 100 prescriptions daily with the help of 1 pharmacist and 1 other tech its a piece of cake the only downfall are the benefits.
Excellent Company
Assistant to Operations Manager (Current Employee), Chandler, AZJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great family oriented environment
Cons: not too much room for advancement
Great Company to work for. Great benefits with job security.
Made great friends
Cashier/Clerk/Accounts Payable (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJuly 28, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no healthcare, poor management, no hours available
I really enjoy the employees I work with and have made some great friends in all the years. The hardest part is no healthcare and no hours available and very poor management.
Good atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee), Peridot, AZJuly 26, 2014
Pros: flexable hours.
It was a fun place to work at. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, the management was supportive and I advanced due to my hard work and good attitude.
ok company
Utility clerk (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 23, 2014
this place is like any other super market. can be good can be bad.
Family owned business
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Chandler, ArizonaJune 30, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
General Merchandise Clerk
In charge of health and beauty and other non- food items, stocking and inventory. Ensure correct product pricing. Order product, set-up product displays, and end caps.
Bakery Assistant Manager
In charge of bakery production, ordering and scheduling. Worked as a baker, troubleshot equipment issues, basic knowledge of mixers, – more... fryers, proofers, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, customer service. – less
Decent place to start
Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZJune 28, 2014
It's a good place to get started while looking for a more permanent job.
entry level
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), bagdad, azMay 22, 2014
Great place to work if you like to be social. Also need to know how to cook and handle a deep fryer.`
Local market with a family feel.
Lead Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Needles, CAApril 30, 2014
Pros: first dibs on sales
Cons: no future
All members of the store feel a closeness with each other and their customers.
competetive with other bashas stores
Department Manager (Former Employee), Kayenta, AZApril 26, 2014
Cons: 15min break and 1 hr lunch
come in 7am worked by myself till like 9am next co-worker comes in give a list what do be done , business management , order supplies, do reports on computer, make weekly schedule, do inventory every month, co-workers was great they did a fine job , got along with them very well , management ,strict , hardest was working by myself cause you have to – more... do multi task in a very short amount of time and they cut hrs and recession and got a pay cut (recession) enjoyable time was getting manager of the yr and costumer award. – less
a typical day
Cashier/Clerk/Scan Coordinator/Receiver (Current Employee), Surprise, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: some good employees
Cons: no healthcare, poor mangement
A typical day includes dsd receiving which is an enjoyable position, the vendors are really nice to work with there is respect between them and myself. The management on the other hand are not so great, most of them are not nice and are selective on what issue they want to take care of. Usually when you approach a manager about a problem you are having – more... they usually just laugh at you. – less
great first job when arriving in Arizona
Service Deli Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 18, 2014
Pros: benifets
Cons: very long days 55 plus hours a week
I learned a lot in this job to prepare me for outside sales. I will always be happy for that
It was an alright company to work for, but like every company it had its ups and downs.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Peoria, AZApril 13, 2014
Pros: discounts on your grocery bill
Cons: breaks during the holidays were sometimes skipped.
When i first started at this company I didn't really talk very much, but the company forced me to open up more and get out of my comfort zone and become the sociable person I am today.
Not a bad place to work very family feel
Bistro Clerk (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: very family friendly and feels like family, easy to move up decent benefits
Cons: sometimes too corporate
Was not a bad place to work benefits were not bad coworkers really were like another family and there's always room to cross train. Was bigger and more corporate but there's always options to transfer.
Fun, productive place.
Clerk (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 22, 2014
Cons: not much in discounts, management
I enjoyed working there because of my coworkers and the fact that there was always something to do. However, I don't feel any special skills were learned, nor did there seem like much advancement. Employees at my store seemed to bend the rules a lot and management never really payed much attention to that. Overall, a good starting job.
Productive and busy grocery store
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Gold Canyon, AZJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: easy to get additional hours, fair management, time off per request
Cons: pay was not great, varied shifts
The hours and shifts were highly variable but one of the best jobs I've ever had. Very easy to balance with life, school or other jobs. Management was very respectable and fair. Hard work did pay off and additional hours were very easy to pick up. I cashiered for a couple years and was cross trained for various departments. Only down side was the pay – more... was not what I would have liked to be making. – less
Liked working here, but the management made it difficult for me to want to stay
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZJanuary 13, 2014
I really enjoyed working for Bashas' grocery store, but the management made it hard for me to want to stay and work for them. So with that decision being made, I sought out other options for employement.
A few people did all the work.
Dairy Manager (Former Employee), Camp Verde, AZJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: always busy, no matter what.
Cons: not much of a chance to move up.
My day began at six am with cleaning up after the folks who worked the night before. Then I put on my milk and egg order while watching the front end for the opening manager. Next I broke down my dairy load and began filling the section, lows and holes first. Typically I would have to cashier some during this time, but it was alright. Around nine am – more... I would relieve the DSD Receiver for his break then take mine. The rest of the day I would stock and clean my section. Near the end of my shift I would order the rest of the dairy section then clean my cooler for the night clerk. Also, I made sure a bale was made and the trash was taken out.

The managers were hard workers. Payroll hours were cut so much, they didn't really manage, they just cashiered and threw stock. I always helped one of the managers clean up the back room when I had time. These guys were stretched thin.

My co-workers were awesome. I even liked the girls that worked in Starbucks. We always had good laughs when I went up to get a hot drink to warm up.

The hardest part of the job was having to constantly clean up after other co-workers that didn't complete their jobs.

The most enjoyable part was when my section looked awesome. – less
Normal
Real Estate Accountant (Current Employee), Chandler, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: work schedule
Cons: benefits
A typical day is reading and reviewing leases. Processing Land Lord payments and reconciling all Rents, Taxes with a lot of research into tax appeals.

1 2 3

About Bashas

Bashas' is working up a sweat standing its ground in the Southwest. The regional grocery chain operates about 130┬ástores (down – Read more