Basic Energy Services Employee Reviews

Constantly treated poorly
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 8, 2017
Manager was a thief, Worked a 12 and 2 schedule 15 hours a day. Glad they fired him finally but regional manager was only worried about his bonuses so we lost a bunch of work over his greed. Took pay cuts at one point in time. The CEO said he would take the first one later saw he got a few million dollar bonus. Straight corporate junk.
Company not doing well financially
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 2, 2017
Good company but after emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, they still had a loss of over 30 million dollars the first quarter of this year. If you are looking for a long term company to build your career, I would think very carefully before choosing this company.
Pros
Alot if good people to work with, however there are some favoritism and back stabbing.
Cons
Financial status
Lots of free food
Driller (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 30, 2017
Good food good people
Great times lots of challenges
Get strong or get gone!!!!
Would work here again in a heartbeat.
. .
...........
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Its left overs
Great to work for in the beginning...
Plugging & Abandonment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 27, 2017
I learned a lot while working for Basic Energy Services in 8 years. Went from knowing nothing about the oilfield to working floors and derricks, operating a wireline truck and being trained to become a successful plugging and abandonment supervisor. The journey had its ups and downs, but ultimately if I hadn't done it I would not be in my position today.

Management, spending and lack of direction is what will be the companies' biggest obstacle to overcome.
Oilfield work
Hydraulic Tong Operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 11, 2017
Oilfield work is hard no matter what position you do, but the compensation is what makes it worthwhile. You have to be on your toes at all times due to the danger of working in the field
Lots of good work, poor management.
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYApril 10, 2017
I would not work for this company again. Trucks are not kept up by mechanics due to management not thinking it is important. More worried about the bottom dollar then the safety of the workers.
good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WYApril 9, 2017
good company. pay for women not the same as men. no raise. no place to live for those located out of state. Oilfield ups and downs. good benifits and assecories for job are supplied such as ppe clothing, gloves etc
Pros
benifits, company provided ppe
Cons
pay could be better
not a bad place 2 work overall
Rig mechanic (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXApril 6, 2017
drive and repair broken oilfield equipment throughout the arklatex. coordinate maintenance with the tool pushers, and managers to effectively reduce downtime.
Pros
sevice truck, own boss for the most part
Cons
micro management, gps tracking like a criminal
productive
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  basic energy haskell txMarch 20, 2017
I started floor hand in 1997. It's best occupation I ever had. And have been doing that kinda of job for 18 years plus. The pay. Basic energy was very stAble job for my family and I .
Pros
Cons
short breaks
relaxed place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  DeBerry, TXMarch 6, 2017
you could pretty much work your own hours, the dress was very casual, you could work from home if you desired. it was a small group of people in the office and we all got along.
Pros
bonus every month
Cons
Great coworkers equipment not in the best shape management not so good
Water Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ross, NDMarch 6, 2017
Coworkers always willing to help you out show you everything they can management dispatching try to get you to go over your 14 hours to grab that last load but write you up if corporate catches it will try to get you to work on your reset day the mechanic does the best he can with what corporate gives him for funding to keep the equipment running this is out of the Ross North Dakota yard they push you to be out of the yard in 30 minutes but when you're doing a proper pre-trip and you got tires to air up your tires to change or something to fix on a tractor and trailer it normally takes you about an hour an hour and 20 minutes to get out of the yard every morning you do a lot of slip seating just so they can get you into a truck that's running
Pros
Good coworkers somewhat steady work
Cons
Management and dispatching unprofessional
Lindsay yard 1612 has high employee turnover.
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lindsay oklahomaMarch 1, 2017
Employee interactions are tense and have unrealistic goals. Upper management displays vindictive attitudes in every aspect of employee interaction. I would never work for this employer again or recommend them to anyone else.
Pros
Cons
Payroll consistently late. Cannot believe anything management says
Good company to work for with pay, benefits, and time off but locations depend on area manager since many yards are bought into Basic Energy Services
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSFebruary 9, 2017
I spent 12 yrs workin at the same pressure pumping yard. After 2015 management changed and our new area manager had different views which overall affected how the outcome came after the slow down in 2016
Pros
I believe area managers affect overall benefits
Cons
elogs brought new challenges
Was a good job
Driver Trainer, DOT (Former Employee) –  Crane, TXJanuary 17, 2017
This was a wonderful job that advanced and taught me much. They gave me the skills I needed and I moved up the ladder fast. The only reason I left was because the oil field fell out and unfortunately there were cuts in my hours and money. I wish I could go back.
great place to work
Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Great place to work and management is understanding and helpful. Co-workers understand team work and are helpful with training. The staff are awesome and great people.
Simple work, but management makes it difficult
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Its simple, everyone knows what to do, but management changes every year and the new manager tends to be naive about simple operations. The chances of moving up is nearly impossible unless you have ties with high VPs.
Pros
good benefits for the industry
Cons
salary
Good place to go to work. Good pay and willing to cross train
Field supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I loved this job. Everyone gets along and the pay was competitive. Unfortunately my yard was shut down and everyone was laid off. They have several different industries and they are willing to cross train or let you transfer.
Pros
Everyone has a voice. They promote from within.
Cons
You have to work out doors
Great job
Oil Field Worker (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 11, 2017
Been a great company. To bad they wouldn't transfer. Overall great company. Nothing bad to say. Another day in paradise.
Pros
It's work
Cons
It's work
Productivity and safe and enjoyable work place
Truck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TX 79745January 2, 2017
Oversee the daily operations, schedule drivers, sales calls, Budget control, Safety orientation with divers and insure that all drivers maintained a safe work environment according with company policy
Pros
Positve work enviroment
Cons
No jobe security
productive
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lamesa, TXDecember 22, 2016
I started as a vacuum truck driver and then was offered a position in the office where I learned the ins and outs of the dispatching side. I am still dispatching until this day. It can be a tough job but I have learned so much on proper descriptions of jobs and locations.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Basic Energy Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Basic Energy Services Reviews by Location