Basic Energy Services Employee Reviews in United States

This job will give you a paycheck while the oil prices are good.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 12, 2016
This was just a job for a paycheck the management treats employees like scum if your not related to the head management your screwed. Very unprofessional would not recommend working here. So much favoritism plays a huge role in this company. If you just want to do your job and not kiss the boss butt this is not the job for you. But if you are a brown nose you would probably get far in this company.
Pros
no overtime
Cons
no breaks, favoritism, harrasment
Great Company
Rocky Mountain Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Wyoming/ColoradoJune 24, 2016
Wonderful company. Solid in their culture. Wonderful Management.
I had a personnel illness that almost took my life. This company stood by me an was there for me from the field hands, managers and Vice Presidents. They could not of been more caring!
Pros
Worked to be the leader in the industry
Cons
Slow progression in pay advancement
Enjoyable workplace
MECHANIC (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2016
The boss was very easy to get along with. Loved my coworkers. Enjoyed working with them. The schedule was hectic but made good money.
Staff assistant Midland,TX
Staffing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 26, 2016
i learned to do payroll,ap/ar p.o. log, tickets,revenue,and close out the month, DOT and was promised 18 dollars after 3 months and never received my raise. I was promised every month and nothing was ever done. Worse place to work if you don't know the right people. They have a favorite branch that even there staff assistants get overpaid. Not a good company to work for.
Pros
Good benefits, PTO
Cons
Never kept promises and never gave raises
job
truck driver (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXApril 22, 2016
Management would require employees to come in at 6 am and have you doing jobs on the yard and not pay employees for their time. Unorganized chaos ...on a good day!
great benefits
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Kermit, TXApril 19, 2016
worked floor on pulling units, easy to learn, work crew great to work with, great benefits, chance to learn and grow with company
Productive and safe place to work
Truck Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seminole, TXMarch 31, 2016
Dispatch out drivers and check on them in the field. I learned how to supervise employees. The management and co-workers were great to work with, The hardest part of the job was terminate employees. Meeting people in office and in the field was very enjoyable.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Sometimes working 24hr
Excellent
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKNovember 23, 2015
its a good place to work,professionalism at work there,salaries need to be increased to job market for this area.WW yard needs better management crew.
Working at Basic Energy
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  La Barge, WYNovember 22, 2015
It was a great experience. They offer benefits and the pay was great. There were training experiences and support. The company is very large, has many offices, and many locations to work.
Pros
excellent pay with benefits
Cons
long hours and days off with no pay due to weather
Fun work environment
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and boss.There was plenty of trucks to keep up with maintenance and repairs. Co-worker was willing to teach everything he knew.
Pros
Paid lunch. Plenty of opportunity for overtime
Cons
Work several hours a day for several days. Not a lot of family time
productive great co workers
snubbing operator (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXOctober 30, 2015
THe pay and healthcare benifits was really good. There wasnt alot of room to move up unless you were a friend of or related to the manager but the manager only seemed to care about the ones he was close with and lied to everyone he hired about giving reaises after 90 days.
Pros
great bunch of people to work with
Cons
short breaks and bad management
good place to work
❸ FRAC HAND (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 27, 2015
this job is a great place to work it has a lot of benefits and chances to move up in the company the co workers their are very friendly are and willing to answer any and all questions
Good learning job
staff assistant (Former Employee) –  2008 E orchard LN.October 21, 2015
Work days were busy most people got along, I learned how to do payroll, A/P, A/R, Collections, DOT paperwork, Safety meeting notes, did a bunch of tasks for the manager as assigned. Learned how to do every job in the office our manager made sure all staff was cross trained and knew every job in the office. We worked good together and worked as a team, The hardest part of the job would be to make sure everything was done on time we stayed real busy and had to pick up other staff jobs when they were out for the day or do whatever is asked to get done right the and there by the manager. The enjoyable part of the job was working with the other staff assistants we worked good together and had some good laughs, Also working there taught me a lot to better my future.
Pros
paid time off
Cons
health insurance, dental, 401K
hard work
Floor hand/Derrick hand (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDOctober 17, 2015
Hard work. take pumping rods and production tubing out of hole. fix of replace rods or production tubing. Work for 30' to 60' feet above ground
Good job would return if i could
Kill Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Crane, TXOctober 17, 2015
Day begins with your walk around inspection of your equipment. Then a brief safety meeting. Basic is very big on safety. I was really entrusted with keeping my truck rented out on jobs it kind of sold its self. I had co workers but i usually worked alone or with a crew from the pulling unit. I would say that it was a good place to work i wouldn't say fun because of the fact that the job i did was very dangerous and i have to be sharp and on point from the time i wake up to the time i go to bed.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Budget cut backs
great company
Rig Pusher (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg, PAOctober 14, 2015
Basic energy services was my starting point in the oilfield, within a few years i was able to go up within the ranks from the bottom to a top position, definitely recommend this company
Typical Day
Temporary Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Teague, TXOctober 14, 2015
Basic Energy Services has a great working environment . All of the staff are very nice and are willing to assist. Staff are enjoyable to be around.
somewhat a good place to work with
Operator (Current Employee) –  Pecos, TXOctober 13, 2015
Work is performed as safe and sufficient as possible.
I've learned the typical work ways.
The supervision and management are very poor.
My co-workers and I work very well as a team.
The hardest part of the job is not have all the right tools for the job.
Enjoyable part of the job is getting job done with no incidents or accidents.
man camp was bad. 6 men to a room
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendive, MTOctober 2, 2015
tried to keep us working. but due to oil prices stacked out rigs had to lay us off. closed glendive yard. traveled 100 plus miles per day no perdiem. no safety bonuses
Pros
money was good.
Cons
man camp was beat down trailor
good place to work
accountant (Current Employee) –  euniceOctober 1, 2015
good work life balance, fair compensation, attention to detail, SAP, Advanced accounting, good co workers, meeting deadlines, working on challenging jobs.
Pros
good compensation