Basin Harbor Club Employee Reviews

Beautiful campus
Country Club Server (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTJuly 27, 2017
Basin Harbor is a country club, and mainly hires staff internationally from countries like Jamaica, Bulgaria, Russia, and Moldova. The working environment is fun and there are a lot of young people (all the international workers live on the campus). Plus there are some great perks such as use of the lakefront, and golf course!
Pros
Free Golf
Employment
Asst. Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Vergennes, VTJune 23, 2017
I enjoy my job at Basin Harbor, I have a wide variety of things that I do so I am never bored. Being a seasonal business, it isn't always easy do go from closed for 6 months to being fully opened.
good seasonal place to work
dining room BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Vergennes, VTMay 27, 2017
good place to work for a seasonal job as you learn and earn here.
lots of management here as they make almost anyone a manager.good that they give people a chance,but sometimes doesn't make sense.very supportive environment as we work as a team here.
Pros
cheap and clean room and board good food
Cons
no benefits, only seasonal. too much management
Great place to learn
Banquet grill (Former Employee) –  VermontFebruary 8, 2017
Very good summer job I learn a lot about banquets carrying station I did 3 season there a would good back
The staff is fun you could golf gym rooms are good plus meals
Best 6 months
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTJanuary 14, 2016
The people I worked with were amazing and the location is beautiful. The atmosphere with the guest and the co-workers is awesome.
A Job with a family feel
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTDecember 16, 2015
Good work place, all work as a team. The Owners and Staff work together to Make the customers stay a good one. If you have a problem doing something any of the staff from any dept will help get it done.
Excellent resturant/club
Prep Cook/Line Cook/Dish Washing (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTOctober 22, 2014
Great staff great diversity and excellent food plus the experience that you gain while working there is priceless
Productive and Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTSeptember 16, 2014
This was a great experience for me and I'm glad that I was able to be there for a summer. The only that didn't work well for me was that it was located in a very secluded area that didn't enable the workers to have much besides from where they were. It was like living at summer camp, everyone was fairly unprofessional and just lived a relatively crazy lifestyle. The restaurant I worked at was constantly busy and I always felt compelled to work harder each and every day. The hardest part was having to work doubles and by the end of that 12 hour day you were absolutely drained. This was a much different customer service environment than I was used to. The most enjoyable part, was getting to work with great positive people who truly enjoyed their jobs.

The location was absolutely beautiful and I was happy to meet so many new people, but it was just a summer resort that closes at the beginning of fall so everyone has to leave and find new jobs. for me, that's not something I could do on a continuous basis. I like having stability and one place to live on a constant basis.
Pros
great location
Cons
no full time/year round salary jobs
Best fine Dining Restaurant
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day on the job is getting the work done then I can smile and say I have done my best today.
Best place to work in the state of Vemront
Banquet Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vergennes, VTDecember 12, 2013
Organized and implemented the planning and construction of all functions, (including family banquets, weddings, group meetings, golf tournaments, outings, reunions and the annual Abercrombie & Fitch Fall Retreat), played an integral role in the daily workings of the resort, managed a team of several employees, created daily "back house" itineraries vital to the events successful completion.
Pros
Great work atmosphere and employees
Cons
Brides
Summer In The Sun
DSA/Cashier/Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTApril 10, 2013
Working outside was a pro for working at Basin Harbor. Being at the Fairway Cafe during the beautiful summer days was very enjoyable. Not only did you enjoy summer, but you also were able to meet many new people from all over the world. Its not often you get the opportunity to work with a women from South Africa, a man from Romania, and a couple from Jamacia all in one day!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
seasonal
Just like "Dirty Dancing" without all that dancing.
waitress (Former Employee) –  VermontJanuary 26, 2012
This is a great place for a college student looking to un-wind in the summer. This family-owned resort demands a strong work ethic; but the setting is so beautiful that you don't mind!
Pros
a variety of departments to work in.
Cons
a focus on hiring international workers, so apply early.