Bass Pro Shop

Bass Pro Shop United States Employee Reviews

Co-workers / Managment
Loader and Unloader (Current Employee), Macon, GAApril 29, 2015
I been employed at Bass Pro Shop going on 2 years. Great place to work but sometimes some workers lose interest in working. Management good but sometime it can be better. overall its ok just feel pay could be better for the work we do.
Fun coworkers but bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAApril 22, 2015
It's retail, it's never fun. Most of the time you have good coworkers that make it better. Management is bad and don't care much about employees. Pay raises near non existent. Your lucky if you see $0.25 raise ever year.
I enjoy working at Bass Pro. With the seasonal job I feel that there is not much room for advancement. It is a fun place to work.
Seasonal and special events (PACE) (Current Employee), Bristol, TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: The seasonal job is very good for those wanting only minimal hours.
Cons: There are too manyy office employees witth too little to do.
Set up equipment and supplies for the day's job. Work with co-workers to help make the best day possible for customers and co-workers and Bass Pro.

I have learned much about different equipment (photo) and setting up everything needed to make a successful day's work.

I have enjoyed working with my immediate managers. They have been helpful and work along side their employers.

Co-workers have been very good and enjoyable to work with. Everything is very upbeat, the very reason I wanted to apply for a job there.

When taking pictures it has been hard to work with just three workers. We needed at least two more workers. The lines would get so long and the customers would "gang up," too close to photo area, causing delays, making some customers angry. A couple more employees could have prevented much of this. The main thing was to keep the customer happy.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers happy with the picture we had taken and the sweet children being so compliant. Then at the close of the shift to see appreciative co-workers and managers.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbia, MOApril 7, 2015
I learned a lot about hunting and hunting permits in the short time I was there. Management was not the greatest at communication. My co-workers were great and easy to get along with. I like the job but when I was trying to transfer stores they keep putting it off which was upsetting.
Fun and enjoyable work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
Typical day of work for me would of been selling merchandise and organizing inventory. I learned to sell and provide excellent customer service.
Great fun place to work
Fishing Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: relaxed atmosphere
Working for Bass Pro is like being at a party all day long. It is an adventure everyday with great customers that sometimes are there to just look at the store, with all of the wildlife exhibits and aquariums, it's awe inspiring. The staff is the most knowledgeable in the outdoor industry. The most enjoyable part of my day was watching the kids as they saw the fish being fed, the excitement and wonder in their faces is amazing.
me
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: not much money
the most enjoyable helping others find what they need to do the job at hand co-workers some are nice and some arnt been in retail for over 40 years I help win some body returns some thing I check to see if its resaleable
Good Place to Work Overall
Apparel Associate (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 30, 2015
I worked in the apparel departments (Women, Men and Hunting). It's your ordinary retail job. I worked retail before I got this job so it was nothing new to me. The only thing I didn't care for was that there always seemed to be some kind of drama between employees and when they are hiring, they hire a ton of people, more than is necessary in my opinion; which in the end cuts hours. But overall I enjoyed working at Bass Pro Shop.
Productive and Knowledgeable evironment
Sales Associate/Hunting Department (Current Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 21, 2015
Pros: lunch time educating customers with firearms women in particular
Cons: short handed meaning longer waits for customers
A Normal day at work would be great Customer service in pleasing the customer with product knowledge finding products that are not on the floor answering all questions and concerns the customer has. Working in a fast past environment with finding product and also filling out paperwork for Department of Justice. Answering phones and educating our customers of the safety and handling of firearms
Steady and reliable with a relaxed atmosphere
Marine Detailer / Arms Dealer (Current Employee), Destin, FLMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly, relaxing work environment
Cons: Designated employee parking is a short hike
Most days are split 30/70 scheduled work to self-motivated work; and usually go by quickly in the mornings, but after lunch have a tendency to drag a little. My confidence in approaching both costumers and coworkers has been boosted greatly since I have started working at Bass Pro Shops. My department, for the majority of the time, runs smooth due to my coworkers' knowledge and experience in their respected fields. Our manager works hard at making sure all of our work is done in a timely manner, and we stay proactive throughout the week. He also schedules in plenty of time for each job to ensure our quality of service remains paramount. The slow winter season is the worst part of the job, with very little to do to fill an eight hour work day. On the other hand, days where there seems to be no rest in sight are the most enjoyable due to their fast pace nature.
Loved it
Credit Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoyed the people I worked with and working there. I learned how to be more professional. It really helped me to grow as a person.
Decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 16, 2015
Helping customers with selections, and help co-workers in other departments. Hardest part of job was the various different shifts.
Family Oriented Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMarch 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Bass Pro and is the reason I can not leave. I am on a part time program which allows me to work one weekend a month. I love the people I get to work with as they are kind and very family like. I have grown within the company over six years now and can say that my time spent so far has been overall fun, enjoyable, and worth the learning experience. My managers have been accommodating to my schedule when needed and always there to help given I ever had any complications. The hardest part of the job would have been maybe not getting enough hours. Some parts of the year there are less hours to be needed, however it never went below my "full time hours" I was due to receive. I am grateful to have been able to have worked there and hope to find the same experience with my new endeavors.
Great
PROCESSING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Leeds, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Unloaded trucks, processed clothes for the other associates to put out on the floor. I learned how the company works from the truck to the floor. I enjoyed everyone I worked with. There was not a hard anything to this job. I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed that I stayed extremely busy.
Productive and fun workplace in the fudge shop
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: fun work place, nice people, good job duties
Cons: healthcare, pay for part timers, no set schedule
A typical day at work would include assisting customers and making sweets. I learned to do the cash register and have better communication skills. Management is nice. Co-workers are awesome. The hardest part would be no set schedule. The most enjoyable part of my job is the work environment.
working eith camping stuff
Camping/Footwear sales (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJanuary 28, 2015
doing alot with grills and tents sales with shoes putting smokers together
Toxic working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: upper management was excellent.
Cons: department managers performed their duties poorly.
Unfortunately, my experience with Bass Pro Shops was not pleasant. My immediate department manager was racist, rude, and often nowhere to be found. The compensation for the hours and tasks asked of me was not sufficient.

I performed duties in the receiving department during early morning hours, usually from 03:00-09:00. The tasks I was asked to perform were fairly standard, and my peers were excellent to work with. The department manager, on the other hand, could often be found either shirking his duties or belittling his employees.

Upper management was excellent in their daily tasks. The Human Resources department is very good at ensuring that all paperwork and payroll issues were handled in a timely manner.
poor management
Archery Technician (Former Employee), Pearl, MSNovember 21, 2014
It was a fun job when you were actually doing what you were hired to do. Co workers were fun to work with for the most part. Management showed favoritism towards certain departments.
Specialize carpentry
Commercial Carpenter (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: learned an applied knowledge in every known constuctuion technique
Construction of new projects.

- receiving of material and storage
- installation of hardwood floors, shelves, fixtures, custom displays
- involved with planning and design of display art work
Great, Fun Employees
Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dania, FlNovember 3, 2014
I've worked at Bass Pro for a year now and ever since I have been there I have enjoyed my time there. The other employees that work there are always very fun and just like to keep the work place light and joyful.

1 2 3 4