Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews

Very hard labor
Consolidator (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: 10 hour shifts
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lawrenceville GaJune 28, 2015
Great place to work. Come in with a smile, leave with a smile. Loved the atmosphere. Not really good management. Awesome work environment
Poor working enviroment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee), Utica, NYJune 28, 2015
Pros: Full time employment with benefits.
Cons: High turn over rate, depressed employees and unfair treatment
Sadly the company does not follow policies set forth in the associate handbook. Top management lacks leadership which fosters an environment that leads to employee stress, distrust and discontent.
Great Atmosphere
Marine Group Sales Manager (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJune 26, 2015
Pros: Work Enviornment
Cons: Work Life balance
Great atmosphere. Fun work environment. There is good room for advancement if able to relocate.Really good people running the company. Privately owned and owner is a great person.
Fast Paced
Cashier/ Stocker (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 24, 2015
Pros: Interacting with People
Cons: Hours.
The job was fine I didn't care for the hours a whole lot, but I was on my feet constantly which was nice. I love jobs where I can interact with people.
Can be a great company to work for.
Team Lead (Former Employee), O'Fallon, MOJune 16, 2015
Pros: Great company when the people are not working in fear.
Cons: HR department that has no power
Typical day at Bass Pro can very depending what department can determine your day. The management at the location I worked at motivated its people by fear of losing their jobs. It was so bad that HR manager stopped helping the workers and let the GM over step HR department knowing he had no say so in protecting the people.
Wonderful company
Special Events Coordinator-Marketing & Promotions (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJune 16, 2015
BPS is a great place to work! I loved every minute there. Training was great and they provided everything I needed to be successful at my job.
Fun place to work
Mesa, Ariz, Cashier (Former Employee), Mesa, AzJune 15, 2015
Fun place to work. Loved the customer contact. Management was friendly and helpful. Slow days were hard when there weren't that many customers coming in.
Best place in the world
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Fort Myers, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: breaks, discount, pay sick days
Cons: bathrooms are far way
Fun place to work
Everyone worked together
get out on time
Management is super nice
friendly environment
easy to talk to customer
Great Company to work for
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Hooksett, NHJune 6, 2015
Pros: Pay, work schedule, culture
Cons: Poor benefits package.
Can't say enough of the structure of the company, owned and operated by its founder. Huge growth potential and opportunities across the country.
Fun place to work while completing school
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee), Clarksville, INJune 5, 2015
The hardest part of this job is having to manage a school/work/life balance when one is required to work weekends. I learned how to create relationships with co-workers and how to properly assist customers of all types. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the dogs brought into the store by customers.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Palm Bay, FLJune 5, 2015
Pros: the people i work with
Cons: the pay
this has been a good work experience , if you like people this is a great place to be. I have learned great leadership skills and how to work with other
Management has your back
Event Coordinator; Full-time event coordinator (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJune 2, 2015
Pros: Management has your back
Cons: Pay is not the best
The pay for the position which I currently occupy is poor but the amount of flexibility in the job makes up for this. For example there are weeks where I will work for between 50 and 60 hours mostly on the weekends and have 3 days off during the week for days I have school. Then there will be weeks where I only have to work 32 hours because there aren't events currently happening so I am simply planning and getting ahead for the next event. This job is ever changing and quite a bit of fun, for example I write an outdoor blog for Bass Pro Shops which I am able to use knowledge gained through work and personal experience to write. I currently work with another Events Associate who is wonderful, this job needs a lot of energy and creativity and she definitely has both in abundance. There is really no hardest part of this job, a lot of this job is interacting with the public and with Pros in our store while planning large events for the store. So there are interesting days but there is never a part of the job that is really hard. The most enjoyable part of this job is working with every single department in the store while also working closely with the public to make events go off successfully. Personally I have grown our Tuesdays with the Pros, an event every Tuesday in which a fishing pro comes in and talks about the fishing on different lakes and what the fish are biting on that week. We went from an original core group of 9 people coming to the event to an average of 45 people in the span of 2 years. The ability to grow something like this while working with management to make the event more enjoyable for the pros and the customers has been amazing. Rolling into management I have found that the management of the store and corporate have had my back at every turn. Also management has been willing to hear my thoughts on events and take these into consideration when they are applicable. On a whole I would say management is one of the best I have ever worked for.
Outdoors Brought Indoors
Promotions Team Lead (Former Employee), Garland, TXMay 23, 2015
Fast paced, friendly atmosphere where the customers are interested in the same things you are. They sell fun, who doesn't love fun?
Great people
Hunting and Archery General Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMay 19, 2015
I loved the culture. I worked many different roles and loved them all. BassPro is one of the best places to work for all type of people.
Different type of work environment
Credit Card Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Freedom of advancing departments
Cons: no overtime
Every day of work consisted of selling the credit card to customers. Not only sell, but explain the pros and cons of the card. I let them know how much they would save with the card and how much they wouldn't.
Fun work place
sales associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 19, 2015
I worked as a sales associate for the Hunting department. The company was a fun company to work for but the salary was very minimal and the hours were short and the scheduled time off was very sporadic.
Very friendly people, makes you feel like a family
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXMay 19, 2015
i had a great experience working at Bass Pro Shop. From the moment i started working till the moment i left, i had a great time. great team of employees and the managers were amazing
n/a
Fishing Dept. Team Leader (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 15, 2015
In a typical day at work, I would develop merchandising plans and implement task lists for employees. Additionally I was in charge of Inventory counts, customer service, sales, and fishing education for the department.
Fun and easygoing workplace.
Cashier (Current Employee), Altoona, IAMay 13, 2015
Co-workers are easy to get along with and have a good time at work while maintaining safety. Management is interested in their employee's goals and being successful.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro knows how to reel in shoppers. The company operates about 60 Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World stores in the US and Canada – Read more

Bass Pro Shops Salaries