Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews in United States

Bass Pro Shops at The Pyramid
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2016
not organized at all, no teamwork no communication, needs help,I have been there since Bass pro opened at the Pyramid April 2015 and have been promised positions that was never granted to me.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 16, 2016
Bass Pro Shops is a wonderful company to work for. The management and staff are a close knit community of people who are very welcoming. Going to work was always a learning experience. Everyday you learn something new about the operating system, the department, new products, etc.
Great workplace!
Hunting Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO 63301August 16, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy working at Bass Pro Shops. Everyone from the management to my other co-workers make this place a wonderful work environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction gained from providing the customers with legendary customer service, as well as building relationships with co-workers. The hardest part is the pay. Although it is higher pay than most retail locations, I feel that the service I provide the company is worth more.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible scheduling
Cons
Hourly pay
ยท Inspected merchandise that was unloaded from distribution trucks to ensure there was no damage upon receiving the inventory. Placed merchandise in
Receiving/Stocking associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 16, 2016
Installed in-store displays before the opening of the store. Reorganized stocking carts by close of business every day
Reported damaged merchandise from the distributors. Flexibility to work within all the departments of the store. Ensured products are always stocked if available. Operated on seated fork-lifts and standing fork-lifts
Fun retail experience
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 15, 2016
The job was high pace and energetic all day. All the co workers were friendly and we worked for customer excellence. Overall, the job was an enjoyable place to be.
Nice environment, awsome co-workers, and a great atmospher
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAAugust 12, 2016
The best part about the job is your co-workers. Everyone you work with is just really nice and always happy to see you. A typical day on the job that i do is help customers, collect shopping carts, and sock soda. Your bosses are always pleasant to see you, the show you appreciation for the work you provide. And what i learned from working here is how to use a pallet jack, better customer service skills, the products, and stocking.
downhome company with involved owner
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 9, 2016
company does not give a lot of opportunity for advancement unless you have a college degree. However, it is a pretty good company to work for. I learned a lot about customer service, how fraud in company's is kept under control. Most co-workers were good to work with.
fast paced enviornment for the individual who has interests in a career that revolves around outdoor adventure
Business Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, IllinoisAugust 9, 2016
My personal review of the company is that you must go into this job with some previous experience and/or knowledge of outdoor sporting. You will still learn more while you are on the job but it certainly is a plus to be ahead of the curve. I was fortunate enough to gain quite a bit of experience and expand my skill base working for the Tracker Marine Boat Company within Bass Pro. My experiences with the company have afforded me to strengthen my customer skills as well as my secretarial skills.
Pros
staff was felxible with my scheduling needs
Cons
not being compensated for taking calls past my work hours
Best Discounts
Special Events (Current Employee) –  BossierAugust 7, 2016
I love Bass Pro everyone has fun what else do you want not much to say except i love the discounts and the environment there is not anythiong to saty i have said it all it is vcery simple and easy work i have ever done. i play witrh the kids and the adults alike it is so much fun playing an elf and easterbunny here at the best place in the world i love this place is enough said and the most accuratly said
Productive work place.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAAugust 6, 2016
I had learned alot from working at Bass Pro Shops. I learned how to complete more paperwork, and complete more tasks that are expected from me. I get along very well with my co-workers and management. A typical day at Bass Pro Shops i work on freight and help customers.
Pros
When a customer compliments we receive a "star card" which is a free lunch and a $10 gift card.
Cons
Not many hours.
great discount, not very good communication skills between managers and employees
Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAAugust 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job is dealing with co-workers who don't like helping others and are self centered and don't do their jobs.
Pros
Discount
Cons
hard to advance in the company
Great work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 31, 2016
Co-workers were great to work with and the leads/managers made sure we were well taken care of and had all materials needed to properly finish our firearm sales.
Pros
Great staff and management
Cons
Scheduling of work
Good Work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altoona, IAJuly 30, 2016
Over all I liked bass pro. I didn't care for some of the management but other were great. Great co workers. Learned a lot about handling customer relations. On how to build the relationship with a customer to get them to keep shopping there.
Love my co-workers, however I can go weeks without being scheduled.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJuly 29, 2016
I held out for this job with Bass Pro, turning down other job opportunities, because of the good reputation the company has.
Unfortunately, working for Bass Pro has turned into a nightmare, as I could go weeks without being scheduled to work. I'm extremely competent at my job and find it unfortunate that management doesn't realize how they are playing games with my life.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Could go weeks without being scheduled, no hours
Easy place to work
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2016
It is really easy working in the warehuse once you know the basics. only down fall is when working in the summer it can get to 100+ degrees and they work s much overtime.
Pros
Huge discount at store
Cons
Heat and overtime
Management has a tendency to degrade you.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJuly 14, 2016
At the store I was at, as a part time employee we were often worked close to forty hours and had no training about the department you were in.
Fast paste flow ,with a nice view of a lake
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2016
While working at this job I have gain strong management skills. This job have taught me how strong I can really be when I am faced with a stumbling block.
Pros
Free Lunch. Employees Giveaways
Cons
short breaks. No time off
had a great work enviroment
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALJuly 11, 2016
work in a small deli environment. made deli style sandwiches. work with an ice cream cold stone preparing shakes and ice cream cones.
The people that you work with are awesome and a few members of management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 11, 2016
Even if you do your best it was never enough I opened and didn't get to leave till closing because the store manager changed her mind so many times on how to do the end-caps.
don't go to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 10, 2016
One of the worse places to work at they only care about money and nothing else. Manger does not like to work with people. I wish that the place cared more for the people that work.
Pros
people that come in
Cons
manger