Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews

fun
Assist children (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CADecember 13, 2017
It was one of my first retail jobs which I very much enjoyed, I was able to engaged with children a lot which was great. I didn't feel ant type of stress working there.
Great Company
REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 11, 2017
Great culture, great benefits, great people. Well respected brand and industry leader in the retail industry. Recognized as one of the best places to work by Forbes Magazine.
Good Fun
Boat Detailer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2017
I worked at Bass Pro as a Boat Detailer to fill in time in between college semesters. Hours were flexible and the management was very kind. It was overall good.
Too many people, not enough hours
Hunting associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 11, 2017
Worked with over 16 people in my department, witch made it hard to get hours. The store was only givin so many hours a month but they hired to many people.
Fast-paced and low stress working environment
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 10, 2017
Bass Pro is a great company to work for because they offer many different tasks to be completed throughout the time are there. No matter what hunting season it is, there will always be loyal customers to serve.
Ok Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILDecember 7, 2017
OK place to work.
Management is OK.
The hours worked were ok but they need to back schedule better
The best part of the job was the discounts and extra discount days.
Pros
Health Insuarance
Cons
Hours
Bass pro shops
Customer Service Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 5, 2017
Bass pro shops is a good place to work especially if you have the will to work in a retail environment. The job can be stressful at times, the most enjoyable part of the job was making people happy.
Pros
Good place to work everyone works together.
Cons
Pay isn't great, management doesn't always give credit where credit is due.
No nurturing environment.
Service Desk Tier I (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 4, 2017
Dead end job, no career advancement, Management does not cultivate talent. Management does not want to promote growth or opportunities in other areas.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Pay, Management, Home \ Work time.
Very fun working enviroment Easy to accel
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2017
You started your shift by counting out your cash drawer. Always had a shift meeting first thing in the morning which were always fun to go to. Most of management was easy going and easy to talk to. They never expected more from you than you could give. They were fair with hours and flexible with schedules. They always had your back when there was a tough situation going on and you could always count on the managers helping you out when you needed it the most.d
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlee, VADecember 1, 2017
You were more than just a team member at bass pro, you were part of a family. I enjoyed my time there weather it was stocking or helping a customer. My fellow employees were also great friends!
Nice Place to work
Special Event Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 1, 2017
I had a seasonal position and it is a lot of fun. The people are nice and it was a good atmosphere. I enjoy working there and would love to stay especially as a seasonal worker.
Pros
discounts
Cons
checking bags when you leave
Good Place.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 30, 2017
Pretty much a day to day lifestyle of working at bass pro, was answering phone calls and dealing with angry people in customer service. But it was a good job and sometimes very relaxing when it wasn't busy.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 29, 2017
Working for Bass Pro Shop was a fantastic experience. I got to learn more about the fishing and hunting industry while getting to meet wonderful people everyday.
Customer relations (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MINovember 27, 2017
I loved working here, great people. Good environment. Loved the managment, and people. Customers were nice. Very secure, and on top of handling problems.
Productive, fun, exciting, and great management.
Hunting associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 27, 2017
Productive, fun, family oriented, and understanding environment. Great coworkers, and flexible shifts. The Management team is very understanding, and will help you if it is possible to do so.
Pros
Great job security, great managers, great shift flexibility.
Cons
Can be a little hectic, and a strict dress code.
The hard part was learning how to do the job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CANovember 26, 2017
There were two things that made my job difficult:

1) I was given minimal (or no) training so starting the job was difficult. Example: I had a hard time finding products because I was not trained on how to use the computer.

2) Management tried to keep the bare minimal of employees on floor which sometimes made it difficult to meet daily goals. Basically, a goal sometimes required 5 people to meet it, but we only have 2 people.

The good news about working here is that once you know how to do your job it becomes easy to do.
Pros
Lengthy Breaks, Reasonable scheduling, Reasonable Managers
Cons
Many times not enough employees on floor in order to meet daily goals, Virtually no training
ok place to work
Outboard Tech., Certified (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LANovember 25, 2017
had problems with some co workers.bass pro would not acknowledge and no action takenbecause it was a race issue.it was a legit problem.it was sad how they would not fire him
Pros
lake
Inconsistant
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rossford, OHNovember 23, 2017
Hours are extremely varied depending on time of year, work life balance is not the greatest, new managers only seem to care about making that particular store look good in the numbers, dont feel like they care about people that have been there long term as far as hours go. Seems like they try to keep people from full time to keep from paying benefits.
Pros
Crazy discount, some nice people
Cons
pay, understaffed
Fun and exciting place to work at
Customer Service/Promotions (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 21, 2017
it was an exciting jobs.
Very busy especially on weekends
ive learned to deal with a diversity of people
Management were so cool but leads were unorganized
The culture is so fun and professional
Getting gear guards is the "hardest" part
Enjoy working with co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2017
I can only speak about the location at Macon Rd. When I first worked there it was one of the best places to work until manage change then ever thing. Letting associates go make you do your job as well as 3-4 others jobs working you to death back stabling. I could go on but i think you get the picture. No there's no sour grapes here just the facts.
Pros
Works well with students
Cons
If you are full time 40hour a week that does not mean that you well 40hrs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bass Pro Shops. Our community is ready to answer.