Bass Pro Shops Employee Reviews

Human Resources Clerk
Human Resource Clerk (Former Employee), Garland, TexasAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Fun atmosphere, Employee discount was nice
Cons: Job security, HR dept is not a healthy dept, because the pay was not much, I could not use my employee discount very often
I really enjoyed my job as the assistant. I loved interacting with the employees at the Garland store. I was able to interview and hire a lot of the ones who are/were employed there. Unfortunately there is a high turn over of the staff at this particular location. Working on the sales floor, is probably more enjoyable than working in the offices at this location. Jobs are not very secure. Other than job security, it is a fun place to work. The Santa's Workshop is the best and a great Santa that is used year after year.
Fun environment to work at
Inventory Control Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando FLAugust 27, 2015
Tons of interesting people and most people coming into the store are friendly and genuinely interested in buying something.
Nice co-workers, great team spirit, and good management
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Poor scheduling flexibility
Bass Pro was a great place to work because of the sense of spirit and leadership, everyone was always happy to be there and we all worked together to ensure the customers were getting the best service as possible.
Great Company Great Bosses great Owner
Mens Mechant (Former Employee), Corp officeAugust 25, 2015
Overall this company is great. The owners are real people who will talk to you when they see you ask about your family and inquire about who you are.

The only thing that was lacking was a clear road map internally on how to succeed and move up the latter, what success look like in your job.

With that said I think it was because they were a company that grew so fast in a short period some things get done later.

I would recommend this company to anyone.
Company was treated it's employees very well.
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 23, 2015
I enjoyed the satisfaction of being able to help customers with the knowledge that Bass Pro shop provided me and my own personal knowledge. Co workers helped each other indifferent departments as needed.
Fishing, Boating, Hunting, Camping Retail Super Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ashland, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere to work in. The coworkers and benefits are great.
Cons: No room for advancement and varying schedules
Very active work environment with events and promotions going on all the time with a very friendly, family-like staff. A typical day in a sales associate position consisted of working the trucks of product that come in the mornings, pricing items, and stocking the sales floor in your department and others. Occasionally you deal with the suppliers and place orders and make plans for future products and displays. Being an active cashier throughout the day and having knowledge of multiple department product was a constant task for a sales associate. By the end of the day, a store wide clean up was conducted in which every associate would organize their department and others to be tidy and ready for the next day.

I learned that it was essential to work and communicate together as a team to be successful. Multitasking became very common practice as well as how to engage/manage a multitude of customers. I also learned how to use an array of electronics used to create product signage, view products in transit, and look up basic product information.

As I stated earlier, the co-workers were like one big family with everyone being close with one another. Morning and evening meetings were conducted every day bringing associates together to discuss the positives of the previous day as well as point out smaller yet meaningful things such as someone birthday or how they received a satisfied customer compliment.

The hardest part of the job would usual come around the high traffic holidays and/or the big sales events. These were normally more stressful times that relied highly on all associates being present and actively assisting many customers.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be putting a smile on a customers face for excellent customer service, product knowledge, and personable interaction.
Receiving Manager (Current Employee), Round Rock, TXAugust 19, 2015
Pros: benefits and discount
Cons: communication
Loved working here great place for advancement. Company cares about thier Associates. Benefits and discount are top notch as compared with other companies in the area.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 18, 2015
Good company to be a part of, always something different. I enjoyed the challenges that were presented during my time there.
Overall Great place to work
Production Artist (Current Employee), Springfield, MOAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment. Family like.
Cons: Job security flucuates with market changes unexpectedly at times.
Overall great place to work. Managers and supervisors are great to work with. Laid back corporate environment family like atmosphere.
relaxing work place with cable in break room
Cashier (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILAugust 13, 2015
All of the managers are laid back and understanding. The work is easy to follow and i highly suggest working here. Its also very fun to work on fridays since it would be food day. The goals in the work place are challenging but everyone works well togethwr to get what they need done.
I enjoyed the hours and working with the associates. Fun place to work
Human Resources/Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Pearl, MSAugust 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for Bass Pro Shops, however, my position was eliminated, company wide, along with others and I was laid off.
Fun to go to work every day.
Customer Relations (Former Employee), Tallahassee,FLAugust 10, 2015
A typical work day consisted of helping customers and my coworkers with anything they needed. Unlearned how to talk and interact with people. My managers and coworkers were fun to work with and it made the day go by fast. The most enjoyable thing with that job was meeting new people and being able to learn new things everyday.
A team environment that created a family among co-workers
Customer Service General Manager (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Family friendly environment, good pay and benefits
Cons: Corporate layoffs can come unexpectedly from a company this size
It was an amazing experience working for Bass Pro. Hard work was quickly recognized and advancement came quickly for any employee willing to prove themselves as a valuable asset to the company. To walk through those doors every morning was a pure joy. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing parents and grandparents by children their first fishing pole and the excitement on their faces.
fun place to work
Special Events and Cashier (Former Employee), Independence, MOAugust 6, 2015
Pros: fun place, restrant in store for lunch.
Cons: not alot of work to keep a steady job
stated off at bass pro as a elf for Santa's wonderland, it was a very cool and good place to work. only down side was when customers would get irate when we ran out of bass passes.
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AK/Hanover, MDAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work is doing a lot of returns and exchanges, issuing hunting and fishing licenses, making rewards cards checking the system to see if what the customer wanted was in stock. Overall the management was pretty awesome they were supportive 98% of time. The hardest part of the job was doing anything and everything possible to help solve a customers problem and them still not being satisfied. I did everything in my power that I could and they just seemed to still not be 100% satisfied. The best part of the job was seeing the smiles on peoples faces and when they tell you that you are awesome at your job and getting compliment cards and my co-works were the best co-workers I could have ever asked for.
Excellent Company
Department Lead (Former Employee), Columbia, MOAugust 4, 2015
great place to work. excellent discount. not much for advancement. has all of the pros and cons of a retail position. As far as retail goes, Bass Pro is hard to beat.
Great atmosphere for learning and training.
Group Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere and always something to learn.
Cons: Probably Healthcare costs, but that is everywhere.
Each day I start with greeting and making sure all associates are present to greet customers. Next through e-mails and directive tasks, would be accomplished as a team. Scheduling, discipline, praise, and delegating were a part of most days. Making sure people had skills and encouragement to succeed in their daily tasks. Meetings with associates to see what information and tools were needed to get the task done correctly. Co-workers need to know they are valued. Co-workers must be a team and held to high standards. Working and influencing a great atmosphere to work in is a great feeling. Customer service separates us from the rest. Everybody has something to sell, we need to be the best at selling.
Bass Pro is a fun environment and wonderful team associates.
Associate (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Great Employees and fun customers
Cons: Lack of employment advancement and leadership
My tenor at Bass Pro was a positive experience only lacking in the management daily work ethics. I enjoyed my position thoroughly however, GM had a different view of management styles that lead to disgruntled employee issues. The lack of not recognizing employees strengths and lack of advancement opportunities led to poor morale in the workplace.
Great atmosphere, big box volume.
Group Sales Manager (Current Employee), Kodak Tn.July 30, 2015
Great place to work for the last 10 years. Have learned a great deal, I have worked with an eclectic variety of product, and dealt with high volume sales. Great management team, and great benefits.
Nice for the Holidays
Cashier (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Fun during the holidays
Cons: limited flexibility and short breaks for part-time employees
They usually do something fun for each holiday and store event. They also pay time and a half and holiday pay for qualifying employees. Schedule flexibility may vary through each department, so depending on where you work it may or may not be a good fit for college students. Holiday workers are treated well. All employees receive a generous employee discount. Breaks are generous for full shifts, but lacking for under 6 hour shifts. The company does hire and promote from within with posted listing. As with many large retailers, store credit card sales are pushed heavily and can give employees a chance to increase their pay through good sales of the card. There are several weeks during the year that are not holidays that are not available for taking time off and these breaks may fall during school breaks for college students. For the most part managers and team leads will make you feel valuable and a part of the team. It is important for your job security to adhere to the companies rules and always keep in mind that they will put the store image above any personal issues that may occur.