Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops Employer Reviews

Welcoming Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dania Beach, FLOctober 9, 2014
Super busy during my work hours, learned how to deal with positive and negative customers comments. The staff was very pleasant to work with. The hardest part was dealing with negative comments. The most enjoyable part of the job was working during the holidays.
Fun workplace, provides great team work
Cashier/Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Las VegasOctober 8, 2014
Pros: they always provide food for overtime seasonal work hours
I enjoy working at Bass Pro for they provide great team work and sincere dedication to their job titles.
Great environment!
Fudge Shop (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 5, 2014
I loved working at Bass Pro Shops! I loved working in the fudge shop. I was able to use my imagination and create amazing desserts. Management was poor but co-workers were awesome and had great attitudes. This job came natural to me because I love making desserts and working with customers, so it was a walk in the park for me. I enjoyed going to work – more... everyday. – less
Productive fun place to work
Special Events (Former Employee), Hampton, VASeptember 29, 2014
* Learned customer service skills
* Help see events through
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLSeptember 29, 2014
A typical day includes folding shirts since i work in the mens apparel department. It is a good place to work and is laid back for most of the time other than seasonal time which is very busy. Managers are helpful with most of the problems you may encounter.
NA
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Manteca, CASeptember 24, 2014
Nothing to report, typical long salary hours with inconsistent scheduling that makes your personal life a challenge.
checker
Checker, and some Stocking (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: discount one some products
Cons: only part time
needed a full time job at the time and also better pay. A typical day at work was working the cash register
New Experience
Hunting Associate (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 18, 2014
Like outdoor dineyland a lot of activities and events to bring customers to the store
Excellent place to work
Assistant Manager/ Starbucks Barista Lead (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: great pay, organization, good culture
Cons: management scandals seemed to run rampant
I enjoyed the atmosphere at Bass Pro, i worked at the first Starbucks put inside one. The “outdoors inside” really made it feel nice while working. Most of the customers were pleasant to help and deal with. Pay was excellent.
Productive, opportunistic fun work environment.
Salesperson (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: work environment
Cons: cleaning spilled fish bait
Greet customers and helping them in any department including electronics, apparel, and outdoor recreational.

How to manage a department, work in a team with self-motivated mature group of people and learn several product usage such as fishing gear, marine electronics and outdoor gears.

Management was motivating, organized and helpful.

Co-workers – more... were great.

Hardest part of the job was eating too many moon-pies.

Most enjoyable part o was eating too many moon-pies. – less
Good Place To Work, Just Low Pay
Hunting Department Associate (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discounts and good people.
Cons: pay, schedule, and lack of authority.
The job itself is great I loved it there but the management and store leads have their favorites and there own drama, the scheduling is really low quality wise because if you ask for a day off more often then not you get scheduled for that time anyway and the scheduling lady blames your manager and your manager blames her so nothing gets done and if – more... you don't show up BAM write up. – less
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: great discount, really friendly management, plenty of company lunches, bonus programs
Cons: retail
Bass Pro Shops is a great company to work for, positive and energetic environment, take care of employees really well. Lots of employee events such as barbeque's and other cook out's as well as fishing and other outdoor activities.
Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ashland VirginiaAugust 14, 2014
Pros: our general manager took great care of all of us everyday as far as food, coffee drinks, ect.
Cons: the brakes where short but it was the holidays so that was expected
I enjoyed this job it was a seasonal position I worked in Santa's Wonderland, a typical day at work consisted of working with children and their families to make sure they had the best time while waiting in line to see santa. We had games arts and crafts and things to color while they waited. The hardest part of the job was trying to keep the parents – more... calm while waiting for Santa some where less patient then others, but that was expected it was a lot going on. The most enjoyable part of the job was playing with the kids while they waited and trying to get some to smile was very interesting! – less
Co workers were very good
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Houston txAugust 13, 2014
Learned shipping and receiving. Management was more concerned about numbers then overall moral of the workers. Supervisors were very knowledgeable and learned a lot from them.
Tough work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BolingbrookAugust 12, 2014
Workers make it fun, but it is a draining job. Your feet kill by the end of your shift and the pay is very poor.
Interesting place to work
Team Lead (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: fun environment, interesting customers
Cons: short lunches, sometimes long hours, weekends off are few and far between
The customers were usually fun. There was always something going on, sometimes too much.
productive and interesting place
Cashier (Current Employee), Macon, GAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: award winning lunches
Cons: only part time
From me having the opportunity to work here, I have met a variety of people. I have gotten to know some amazing people and they have gotten to know me. not only did I feel safe here, but my personal belongings are kept in a locker that is locked with a combination lock that only I and the managers know.
Great place to work if you plan on staying a Sales Associate
Lead Sales Associate (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 22, 2014
I enjoy working at Bass Pro Shops mainly because I really enjoy the interaction with the customer and providing a service to the customer. I've maintained employment there for the past (almost) 5 years so that I could have a flexible job close to home, so that my wife could further her career in education by getting her Doctoral Degree.

I am an avid – more... outdoors-man and have thouroughly enjoyed working for the company. Management opportunities are few and far between and I cannot wait till then to support my family. – less
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 18, 2014
Great job,friendly people. Everybody was well mannered and respectful,would love to work for them again.
fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Destin, FLJuly 17, 2014
customer service, cashiering, merchandising, working in all departments of the store, making phone calls to customers and other Bass Pro Shops

1 2 3 4 5

About Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro knows how to reel in shoppers. The company operates about 60 Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World stores in the US and Canada – Read more

Bass Pro Shops Photos