Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro Shops United States Employee Reviews

A fun place to work for the outdoorsman
Cashier (Former Employee), Manteca, CAApril 24, 2015
I enjoyed working at Bass Pro Shops and learning about many outdoor activities. When arriving at work I would open a register, and help customers with ringing up their purchases and help to process returns.

My favorite part of working at Bass Pro Shops was meeting and helping the diverse peoples that shared a love of the outdoors that would come through my line.
so,so
Team Leader/Manager (Former Employee), Leeds, ALApril 15, 2015
Pros: benifits, family oriented
Cons: managment is disgusting and unprofessional
this is a great company to work for depending on which store you work at. the team members are great management needs serious improvement!!! the management at store 32 in Leeds Alabama picks and choose who they will keep and who they will let go based on how much that person is liked for example 2 employees commit the same crime and one will be let go and the other stays. All of the managers talk bad about each other. They use inappropriate language and behavior. However, if they were to get that under control they will have the best store business ever!! because it is a fun environment to work in other then the manager mishap.
unbearable
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rossford, OHApril 15, 2015
This a place I did not enjoy. Manage did not care at all about their employee nor was there a sense of moving forward.. As a asst Manager there I was treated like garbage
Fun place to work with good people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Spanish Fort, ALApril 14, 2015
Pros: Promotional opportunities for those who apply themselves
Cons: Unpredictable scheduling
The job is low stress and really fun. Opportunities to teach and learn about outdoor activities by helping customers. Offer great employee discount. Hardest part of the job and also the most rewarding part of the job is customer service. Great team of employees that feel like family.
Very customer service orientated.
Marine Team Lead Supervisor (Former Employee), Pearland, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: fast paced, good coworkers, flexible scheduling
Cons: short break
The work was often demanding, but rewarding. Management frequently recognized good customer service and hard working and were very approachable in talking with them.
Foot wear sales
Foot wear department sales associate (Part-time) (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 6, 2015
Pros: Learn new things from hunting to fishing
Cons: Rude customers, difficult management
Sales of foot wear for hunting and hiking. Typical day would be standing in my area assisting customers. I had great co-workers that made the job fun. The hardest part would be dealing with rude customers, but the best part was the relaxing atmosphere.
Fun workplace.
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Hampton, VAApril 6, 2015
I enjoyed working at Bass Pro Shops. It was a fun work place but it was hard to be taken seriously and see any room to advance. Because of the such 'laid back' place, there was a lot of goofing around by all the employees.
its ok
Cashier (Former Employee), Hanover, MDApril 6, 2015
Pros: at the mall
Cons: management sucks
Bass Pro Shops is a ok place to work for if your in school and need a part time job but the management doesn't stand by there employees at all and instead of firing someone they keep cutting your hours down until your working 4 hours a week to get you to quit i wouldn't recommend this company to work for.
Best job for someone looking for a lot of hours
Apparel associate (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OklahomaMarch 26, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunches, Lots of hours, great coworkers
Cons: Kills your feet
I joined at the most hectic time of the year... Christmastime! I started out in santas wonderland and let me tell you, it was something else at first. After that I switched departments and moved to apparel. I have to say, first and foremost it will kill your feet. It took about two months to get used to and a lot of Epsom salt but I'm used to it now and I've been there for about five months. I honestly love it. The days go by really fast for the most part and I enjoy it a lot. You get paid more than minimum wage and can work your way up to make more money. I've been blessed with patient people who will take the time to train you and understand you aren't going to know everything even in the first month. I would highly recommend applying here. I plan on working here for a long time.
i loved my job and hated to leave but with the move had to
Cashier (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 23, 2015
the people I worked with very friendly. I would recommend this job to anyone. they are a very good company to work for. they have very flexible schedules around your family schedules and anything else that may occur in your life. This company is very employee friendly.
Archery Tech
Archery Technician (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMarch 16, 2015
Helped customers with their personal bows. Put crossbows and compound bows together. Worked hard and fast past. Great employees and management.
Another thing to add
Sales (Former Employee), FishingMarch 14, 2015
Cons: all
THEY WANT YOU TO BREAK YOUR BACK AND COME IN WHEN SOME ONE CALLS OUT BUT WHEN YOU REQUEST OFF THEY DONT GIVE IT TO YOU OR WORK AROUND YOUR SCHOOL SCHEDULE. THEY ALSO WILL CUT YOUR HOURS FROM 30 To zero like nothing!!! Like you don't have bills that need be paid or kids to feed
Horrible Associates
Apparel Department Lead (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 13, 2015
Manage my team
Projects
Merchandising
Problem Solving
Costumer Service
Push Product
Get with my Manager and she what needs to be done for the Day
Enjoyable place to work
Receiving/Shipping/ Inventory Manager (Current Employee), Spanish Fort, ALMarch 9, 2015
Pros: associate discount, very little micromanaging, nice employees
Cons: work/home life ratio and benefits package
Enjoyable place to work. Awesome working environment. Company prides itself on taking care of its customers. Associate discount policy is a good draw. Employees share the same passions of the outdoors.
Balance
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: simple and easy
Cons: horrible hours, not enough to do
This is a great job! Handling customer calls and basic office work is my response ability. As well as handing out paychecks and postage. Like I said this job is great however the major problem for me was there is simply not enough to do and as a full timer i only got 25 hours a week.
Assistant Camping Buyer
Assistant Buyer (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 7, 2015
Great Company overall, but grew fast without the systems or talent to stay ahead of the curve. Lack of planning and forecasting led to over inventory situations costing major markdowns.
Bass Pro was a great place to work.
Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Hanover, MDMarch 3, 2015
Everyone at Bass Pro Shops was extremely helpful and understanding when any type of mistake was made. I was hired to be part of the events staff which was working as santas helper during the holiday season. I learned how to operate a professional camera and print out picture packages.
Fun Place bad management
Apparel Department Lead (Current Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 2, 2015
My typical day at bass pro shops starts with me checking my email for any updates or tasks i need to completely during the day. I check in with my manager and see whats the plan for the day. I write out a task check list for my associates. I check the back stock for any new product i received. I assign my associates to daily tasks and merchandising my department to the company standards. I write a email at the end of the day and make sure the department is all recovered for the next day.
fun work place
Tracker Marine Boats (Current Employee), Columbia, MOMarch 2, 2015
i love this company. they treat there employees nice.
i love wokring here. they act like they care if i come to them with a promblem.
Completely unproductive and boring. Makes you lazier each and every day...
Full Time Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, CO.March 1, 2015
Pros: relaxed work environment
Cons: little ambition within company
A typical day at work is filled with little to no projects, absolutely no sales goals or expectations, and little to no customer service training.

Management at Bass Pro Shops has little drive to improve employee moral, training or understanding of product.

The hardest part of each day is spending 8+ hours standing around with no responsibilities or tasks to be completed. Unless it is the holiday season you spend hours at a time waiting for the next employee to enter your department.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get customer that actually needs your help and appreciates the knowledge you have to share with them.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro knows how to reel in shoppers. The company¬†operates about 60 Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World stores in¬†the US and Canada – Read more

Bass Pro Shops Salaries