For over 30 years, Bass Security has pursued every advance in security. We utilize the products that work best, whether for a chain of stores or a one-off installation. Our manufacturers are best in class and the leaders in the industry.
Our focus is on customer service. We offer a one-stop turn-key solution for loss prevention/physical security operations, construction support and facilities/maintenance support. Bass Security's goal is to out-service our competition by providing our customers with an unprecedented level of service and reporting. As we continue to grow and expand our product offerings, we are also looking to grow our talented team in our Bedford Heights OHIO Location.
Bass Security Service, is seeking qualified individuals for full-time Immediate employment for the following position
Business to Business Collection Research Specialist
Responsibilities / Duties
THIS POSITION IS A NON-EXEMPT POSITION AND DOES NOT SUPERVISE OTHERS
****Salary requirements must be included for resumes to be considered***
- Conduct and record notes on collection telephone calls and emails on a high volume of accounts receivables daily.
- maintain accounts within credit terms
-handle requests for copies of invoices
-Track & resolve invoice discrepancies/disputes
- Ensure all discrepancies are identified and resolved on a weekly basis
- Review and advance delinquent accounts to the Director of credit as needed.
- Research and reconcile financial disputes.
- Respond to customer inquiries.
- Notify Director of Credit of changes in customers account status when alerted to such changes through customer contact.
- Prepare write-off and refund requests.
- Secure outstanding A/R reports.
- Obtain past due invoices and other documents necessary in the customer service/collections process.
- Communicate professionally with all internal departments to resolve customer disputes
- Maintain/develop good working relationships with customers
- Assist the cash department with the allocation of payments received
-provide detailed adjustments needed in a timely manner
- contact customers of all short/overpayments
- Advise Director of Credit in a timely manner of all accounts experiencing financial difficulties
- Participate in weekly reviews of assigned accounts and be prepared to supply detailed information relative to status/resolution
- Provide accurate monthly check expectations
- Produce Excel summary reports of collection efforts
- Complete weekly assigned tasks
- Work within a team environment to achieve established common goals and deadlines
- Assist with any Collection/accounting projects, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Skills and Abilities: This may be representative but not all inclusive of those associated with this position.
- 3 to 5 years Current Business to Business collection experience required . (Only those with recent recent B2B collection experience will be considered)
- Bachelors degree in accounting, finance, business or related field preferred but not required if experienced.
- General Knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Great Plains experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of computerized A/R systems
- Strong ability to take direction as well as work independently as needed.
- Strong communication skills - oral, written, interpersonal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines
- Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution Industry REQUIRED
- Experience in a multi-location company a plus
- Positive Team attitude a must!
This position does NOT supervise others
Reports to Director of Credit
THIS IS AN HOURLY POSITION , rate based on experience
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and extensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) and future growth opportunities within the company.
Qualified Candidates seeking a challenging new opportunity are encouraged to email their resume with salary requirements.
. Please list " Collections Specialist" in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE !! Thank you!