Job Description for Senior Accountant
- Maintain the Cash spreadsheet for management.
- Cash Drawer reconciliation
- Deposit live checks
- Posting batches to the ledger (validation before posting)
- Customer location setup
- Petty Cash
- Wire Transfers
- ACH Debits
- Assist with the annual budgeting process
- Assist with implementation of the new system
- Assist with the year-end audit work papers and working with the auditors to answer questions and provide information for the review.
- Book all journal entries for month-end close.
- Create additional accruals as needed from accounts payable.
- P/L analysis to explain fluctuations to the business – this will be included in the monthly packet to management.
- Complete balance sheet account reconciliations supporting the proof of balance by account with additional accounts being added. Also the bank reconciliation and tracking of credit card payments.
- Prepaid – must be able to complete prepaid reconciliations and proper amortization of expenses.
- Fixed Assets – maintain fixed asset records and prepare monthly reconciliations as well as pull all copies of expenses hitting the fixed asset accounts and updating a spreadsheet to send to Barnes on a monthly basis so that we can start booking actual depreciation by month instead of estimated.
- Monitoring – Enter contracts into the system to define the revenue recognition and billing to ensure proper revenue recognition of deferred contracts. This area is growing so it is critical that an accountant handles this type of work. Once entered, you will bill them on a monthly basis based on the defined billing periods by contract. Interact with the operations team to ensure proper contract setup.
- Documentation of current finance processes to support the new system implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited university.
- Three - five years of experience in accounting.
- Great Plains experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and must be a team player.
- Microsoft office experience including advanced excel skills needed.
- Must be deadline driven and able to work independently with minimal supervision.