Bassett Furniture

Bassett Furniture Employee Reviews

very good
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
great company to work for. Financially secure, with a great product line and very good design team. I enjoyed working there for several years and would probably still be there if local store had not closed.

very good company
Loved the Company
Design Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 14, 2015
Bassett Furniture is a wonderful company to work for and I enjoyed all aspects of my job and have grown into the management position after 5 years.
Not for everyone, but a great opportunity
Sales Conultant (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 2, 2015
I love the company, I just can't work commission because it is too unstable for me. I would recommend this company for experienced commission workers.
Great Opportunity
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXAugust 31, 2015
This was a great opportunity for me to further my design experience and work with customers on their homes. I gained a wealth of knowledge about furniture and basic design. The base pay is in the lower range, this position is for commission oriented people.
Pros
commision, you can make as much as you determine.
Very good upper management and great company to work for
HGTV Design Studio/Showroom Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 27, 2015
Great Company to work for with supportive management. A company that listens to all levels of employees and truly cares about your personal growth and development,
Unstructured management, some training, great co-workers
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 24, 2015
Bassett Furniture was a privately run company and was set up as a local "mom and pop" store. Some advertising via billboards, radio, and local and national promotional television ads. Not into social media options to promote business. Business never really decreased or increased. Staff made a marginal income but the over all relationships were good between design consultants. Not a lot of materials and tools to assist in promoting a well run operation. The most difficult part of the job was I believe the location and lack of promotional ads. The best part was being able to do presentations to your clients and have the encouragement and support of the design team.
Pros
Cohesive design team
Amazing coworkers
Interior Designer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 21, 2015
Fun place to work. We have an amazing supportive staff and management. Sales is tough, but can be very fun. I enjoy designing, and really like working with clients on their projects. It is very rewarding when the client is pleased with the look of their room.
PRODUCTIVE COMPANY. HAD PLENY OF FLEXIBILITY WITH ACCESSORIES
DIRECTOR OF VISUAL MERCANDISING / ACCESSORY BUYER (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 1, 2015
I WAS RECRUITED BY A HEADHUNTER FOR THIS POSITION WHILE EMPLOYED WITH LOUIS SHANKS IN HOUSTON, TX. I RELOCATED TO BALTIMORE, MD TO OPEN NEW STORE AND TO RE-MERCHANDISE TWO EXISTING STORES. SEVERAL CHANGES IN MANAGEMENT WERE UNPRODUCTIVE, ECONOMY AND MISMANAGEMENT RESULTED IN THE CLOSURE OF TWO LOCATIONS, THE SALE OF THE THIRD LOCATION AND MY UNEMPLOYMENT.
Pros
PURCHASED ACCESSSORIES FOR THREE LOCATIONS AT HIGH POINT FUNRITURE MARKET
Cons
FRANCHISEE COLSED TWO LOCATIONS AND THRID PURCHASED BY COROPRATE
CCS
CCS (Former Employee) –  NJJune 17, 2015
Heavy Work Load(Stressful), Pay is very low, The business hours are a plus however Must Work every Holiday and No Holiday Time/Half
The best part of the job is meeting different people with different personalities
Management could improve a little better
The leading furniture retailer in America
design associate (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 23, 2015
Bassett Furniture Direct, Tukwila, WA is a franchise store. This owner aggressively advertises and is one of the most knowledgeable
retailers in America. They genuinely care about their staff. Unfortunately for me, part time is not an option and I need part time.
The furniture is well priced and most definitely represents current trends in style and color. They are partnered with HGTV. The
person applying for a position with Bassett needs to have strong selling skills and the ability to communicate with many personality types. A working knowledge of fabrics and current home furnishing trends is very beneficial but not essential. Bassett has an ongoing training program that will teach you product knowledge.
If you love beautiful homes you will love working for Bassett.
Pros
Beautiful environment
Cons
Work all weekends, Saturday and Sunday
Good company culture
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMarch 1, 2015
Typical retail work environment. Evenings and weekends, leadership that doesn't take advantage of available skillset of sales team. Poor pay.
Fun and rewarding
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone was great their. They made you feel like family. I enjoyed the time I was working there. We all kept each other busy and entertained when it was slow.
Fast paced ,productive and fun place to work at.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at my job usually consists of first me coming in and doing the daily reports and counting the drawer. Throughout the day I basically handle customer issues via telephone, email and face to face. I also handle any problems that the designers have. For example, we use a system called Storis that keeps all our customer accounts with their information and orders and they sometimes have trouble figuring things out and I also take the payments. There isn't really a hard part to my job. I might've had a hard time in the beginning when I first started because I was still learning store policies so sometimes I would have a difficult time deciding what I should tell the customer. For the most part I enjoy most of my days at work because everything else is fairly easy.
Fun place to work
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2015
A very good place to work, with very good quality furniture. Bassett has been in business for 110 years. My manager was very good.
Pros
great medical benefits
Cons
no local advertising
Friendly work environment
District Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Essex, MdDecember 29, 2014
Overall, Bassett is a good company with which to work. I have enjoyed my time with them and have learned many aspects of customer service and the furniture business. I love the fact that I can help people to resolve their issues. I enjoy the computer work, as far as the ordering of parts, service reports and technician reports. The hardest part of the job is when a customer has a higher expectation than we can provide and we are unable to satisfy. The most enjoyable part is resolving issues to best ability and satisfaction for both the customer and the company.
Pros
flexibility in working hours, if needed for weather.
Cons
the drive is 85 miles one way and can be, at minimum, an hour and half long, most days more.
Great co-workers and fun job!
Design consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa,okDecember 20, 2014
Over all Bassett is a good place to work. I love assisting clients finding that perfect look. My co-workers are very supportive. I have learned a lot about sales and customer retention. Management is well intentioned. The management does try to be very supportive. The problem is with customer complaints not being resolved in a timely manner. This results in customers you have worked hard for not returning to purchase. The benefits are not very good either. They offer health care, however most employees don't have it due to the high cost. You get payed vacation after a year but it's only a week and is not based on your sales average. There are no sick days or personal days. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. Your private life will take a beating. I do really enjoy my job most days and I would recommend it as a good place to work.
Pros
being able to create beautiful designs for clients
Cons
long hours and lack of benefits
One co-worker did what she wanted and Mgmt allowed it
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2014
CoWorkers were great people, besides one who felt her former co-work status with the district manager left her at a hightened status in the workplace and the District Manager allowed it.
Pros
nice furniture
Cons
management allowing one co-worker to do as she pleased, furniture too highly priced.
Left hand looking for the Right hand
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Chestnut HillNovember 19, 2014
Terrible selfcentered unwilling to help with anything. Middle aged women lying to customers in order to get paid commission to buy botox or girdles...
Cons
dealing with selfish midage women who cant survive any other sales gig.
Loaded wooden legs onto a conveyor according to order and color.
Line loader (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCNovember 18, 2014
I'd work 10 hours a day, with a 30 minute lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks as well. My job consisted of loading wooden legs onto a moving conveyor line, by order and color, and it proceeded to a spray booth. I was in charge of keeping orders together and keeping the line moving efficiently. I improved my communication skills, my time management ability, and exceeded other in my leadership capabilities. I loved my coworkers and regularly keep in contact with them. The job was smooth unless a order got messed up or a leg was missed.
Pros
compensation for work, a good atmosphere, ability to move in rank.
Cons
not what i wanted to do the rest of my life.
sucky place to work.
sucky place to work (Former Employee) –  raleigh ncNovember 3, 2014
Not the best place to work. The manager sucks and needs managerment traning.