Bassett Furniture

Bassett Furniture Employer Reviews

Great co-workers and fun job!
Design consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa,okDecember 20, 2014
Pros: being able to create beautiful designs for clients
Cons: long hours and lack of benefits
Over all Bassett is a good place to work. I love assisting clients finding that perfect look. My co-workers are very supportive. I have learned a lot about sales and customer retention. Management is well intentioned. The management does try to be very supportive. The problem is with customer complaints not being resolved in a timely manner. This results in customers you have worked hard for not returning to purchase. The benefits are not very good either. They offer health care, however most employees don't have it due to the high cost. You get payed vacation after a year but it's only a week and is not based on your sales average. There are no sick days or personal days. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. Your private life will take a beating. I do really enjoy my job most days and I would recommend it as a good place to work.
One co-worker did what she wanted and Mgmt allowed it
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice furniture
Cons: management allowing one co-worker to do as she pleased, furniture too highly priced.
CoWorkers were great people, besides one who felt her former co-work status with the district manager left her at a hightened status in the workplace and the District Manager allowed it.
Left hand looking for the Right hand
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Chestnut HillNovember 19, 2014
Cons: dealing with selfish midage women who cant survive any other sales gig.
Terrible selfcentered unwilling to help with anything. Middle aged women lying to customers in order to get paid commission to buy botox or girdles...
Loaded wooden legs onto a conveyor according to order and color.
Line loader (Former Employee), Newton, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: compensation for work, a good atmosphere, ability to move in rank.
Cons: not what i wanted to do the rest of my life.
I'd work 10 hours a day, with a 30 minute lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks as well. My job consisted of loading wooden legs onto a moving conveyor line, by order and color, and it proceeded to a spray booth. I was in charge of keeping orders together and keeping the line moving efficiently. I improved my communication skills, my time management ability, and exceeded other in my leadership capabilities. I loved my coworkers and regularly keep in contact with them. The job was smooth unless a order got messed up or a leg was missed.
sucky place to work.
sucky place to work (Former Employee), raleigh ncNovember 3, 2014
Not the best place to work. The manager sucks and needs managerment traning.
A great work environment,good quality merchandise and people.Co-workers.
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee), 6125 Blkhorse Pk,Egg Harbor Twp. N.J. 08234October 18, 2014
Pros: i had a job and extra money after just graduating.
Cons: the size of the warehouse and entirre layout of the store....
This was where i began to understand the nuances of retail field...I was well-trained by a great team of company employees,and everyone for the most part got along well.....
Job Duties
Human Resources/ Administrator (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 5, 2014
customer service, sales, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, loan approval, purchasing, inventory control, scheduling, data entry, billing, invoicing, ordering, collections, shipping, receiving, payroll and supervising thirty-two employees. Reason for leaving, Bassett sold out.
Wonderful store manager, engaging co-workers, fantastic clients
CERTIFIED DESIGNER (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great online training program resulting in happy customers
Cons: they are not a sustainable company in the showrooms as they are the factory.
A typical day was direct sales of home furnishings, which resulted in in-home consultations. I loved working directly with the clients and providing great solutions for their lifestyles. My in-store manager was very inspiring and appreciated my drive for success. Although competitive, my co-workers were supportive in a team environment and we all supported each others growth and needs. The hardest part was down time when there was not traffic coming through. The most enjoyable was going to clients homes and working with them on makeovers and the final reveal of my solution for them.
bad management
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 9, 2014
pay is not the best but decent for the position. management is very lacking.
Friendly co workers. But no time to build customer relationships..Sales, Sales
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Hoover, AL.July 25, 2014
Pros: super friendly staff
Cons: unrealistic sales expectations
Coming onboard was interesting, but a bit pressured. Although, the training was very thorough regarding the history of Bassett. any other training was lacking and feedback not continuous.Sales expectations UNREALISTIC in this market and economy especially in a new store. New store, new area, new employees, new management without a full understanding of how to build a customer base in a new and very different demographic. Store has potential...Too much to say, but it was not an all bad experience because everyone was super friendly. But that did not help to build my career there.
Warehouse Enviroment.
District Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no working air conditioning
Work with 4 stores to insure that service appointments are scheduled in a timely manner. Order parts for repairs and schedule delivery of purchased items.
Design Consultant (Current Employee), Hoover, AlJune 10, 2014
Pros: good people, money, benefits
Cons: high preasure put on sales people, no weekends or holidays
I love this job, the people are great and the job has a serious money making potential. Although Bassett is new to Birmingham it seems like it's taking some time to grow. A person can sale the product with confidence knowing that the products are well made. The only problem I have with working there are the mandatory weekends and holidays. I didn't realize I had signed up for that. Thought that they would rotate and they do not. I've been there since January and was told we get a weekend off every 3 months. I still haven't been able to take it. That's truly the only part of this job that makes me unhappy.
Some what slow paced
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Newton, NCJune 10, 2014
Inspected finished product for defects in workmanship and materials. Made sure that damages were repaired properly before allowing product to ship
It's up to you
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), VAJune 6, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job: The Clients and the Products

Worse Part: "laid off because of a over-hire" (leaves you feeling used) I have nothing to show for the amount of time and attention I put into my clients. My clients were given to elder Sales Consultants as I was let go after only a few weeks. I'm talented but there was literally nothing I could do to remain apart of the team . I was promised they would coach me into commission based sales and i would be fine.They didn't even let me see if I could make my draw.
Huge turn over rates.
internship
Information Technology Internship (Current Employee), Bassett, VAMay 19, 2014
Pros: really great place to work.
Cons: only part time internship
I balanced working for Bassett Furniture while going to Patrick Henry Community College. My typical full day at Bassett started at 8:00 am. I usually ran through my list of things that I made the day before that had to be accomplished that day. I checked all emails for tickets that I would have to troubleshoot, then I would start troubleshooting computers and repairing them. One of the daily routines was setting up computers. While I was there, Bassett was opening new stores. I would setup the new computers for each department. My over all experience at Bassett was good. I was able to hit the ground running and enjoyed the people I worked with.
Good Bunch of Guys
Service Technician (Former Employee), Bassett VaMay 1, 2014
My first HVAC position and was very green with no experienced person to lean on. I was put in the main maintenance shop with the electricians and overhead power linemen. They were a good bunch of guys we worked well together helping each other on jobs. Then I was recruited by one of my old instructors from college to fill the position at Prillaman & Pace.
A good starting point.
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Bassett Virginia 24055April 28, 2014
Pros: flexible time frames for family, lunch, and medical needs.
Cons: no advancement within the corporation, no encouragement for continuing education, no employee incentive programs.
My work day begins at 07:30; the work day end varies.

I have been trying to break the glass ceiling for many years.

I believe in continuing education, keeping an open mind and I love computer and electronic technology.
Bassett provided a creative, energetic, team environment, centered around the customers, and creating exceptional design.
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 15, 2014
I really enjoyed learning about the retail side of design. Merchandising, and setting the floor took most my day everyday, and it was something a thoroughly enjoyed. I also enjoyed working with commercial clients, and creating custom designed furniture with our clients. My position also allowed me the chance to accessorize clients house on the furniture delivery day, and up sell lamps, artwork, etc. when they are able to visualize the completed space.
Fast paced work environment
Associate Manager (Former Employee), Hickory, NCMarch 25, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: lack of leadership
Working with new people everyday was an exciting part of the position.
A Day at Bassett
Store Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dallas, TXFebruary 23, 2014
Started with executing plan for the day, Reviewed previous day's sales, emails and any new business strategy and adjusted plan accordingly. Performed briefings with departments prior to opening. Reinforced sales and business goals for the day and provided any additional information team needs to ensure/understand overall strategic goals (short and long term). Continual monitoring and assessing of sales teams performance, assurance of customer relations/satisfaction, and overall delivery of Bassett's standard of excellence.

1 2 3

About Bassett Furniture

Bassett’s blend of style, comfort and value has been trusted for more than a century and made it one of the most recognizable – Read more

Bassett Furniture Photos