Bassett Furniture Employee Reviews

Very difficult job, management unhelpful, cruel. Your only as good as your last sale.
SALES AND DESIGN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Your only as good as your last sale. Public shaming and the white board at least once per day. Constant comparison to other sales persons. Manager was promoted out of the store to another position. She rode this one hard on everyones coattails to get this. She did little work herself. Only good thing is that she will not be around daily in store. HR is only there for management.
Pros
nice co-workers, good benefits
Cons
terrible, hateful management, terrible pay
Good environment
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2016
In a typical day I would unload new furniture, inspection it for damage, put in storage or take out to the store floor. Inspect customer purchase wrap and deliver products. Inspect ,wrap,and load outgoing products onto trailer. Good friendly coworkers.
Productive and enjoyable to assist in turning a house into a home with the right home accessories
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2016
I was lead administrative assistant. I welcomed clients upon their entrance. I paged the sales associates on duty but offered something to drink or the famous homemade otis spunkmeyer cookies while they waited on the sales representative. If the rep's. Took too long I would begin showing the items on the sales floor and assisted in buying options(ex. Setting up/assisting in clients applying for the bassett card,intaking payments on these charge accounts), I also answered a 10 multiline telephone while placing/processing orders,did inventory,"checked-out" all the clients purchases on a special computer system that also doubled as a register!
Bassett Furniture
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLMay 9, 2016
I highly enjoyed working for Bassett Industries. I learned a lot while working for the company but mostly I learned by doing not because I was trained. My clients were the most enjoyable part of working for the company. The hardest part of the job was the double standards that were shown to one designer that had been there since they opened the store. I believe know matter how long you've been employed by a company, everyone should be held to the same rules and regulations. This was one of the hardest obstacles that I encountered in my 3 plus years working for the company.
Pros
The hours were 10 to 6 which were nice.
Cons
Working every weekend.
Bassett review
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA 23060June 25, 2016
I work for Bassett on a part time basis for 11 years. They were always flexible when my full time job changed and I had to change my hours. It was an enjoyable place to work and the only reason I left was because I moved too farther away and they moved locations almost at the same time.
hard work
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Working here is good, you have to work hard to make any good money and the one thing I would change is the lack of holiday / sick time given. Overall its a decent company
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bassett, VANovember 4, 2016
Bassett produces a great product. It is a good company to work for with a lot of tenor people. They are growing very rapidly.
Great company
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2016
I found the Bassett Furniture corporate owned store to be a wonderful place to work. It exceeded my expectations and grew me as a designer and commissioned sales person. Hard work and tenacity was rewarded through a generous commission structure. I am a driven person, so I rarely had to depend upon the low draw base pay alone. Bassett's benefits package is A+
Pros
Relationships built with clients.
Cons
Low draw base pay.
Beautiful showroom and quality fabric. Talented and fun staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXApril 15, 2016
A typical day: Greet customers, clean assigned area, check orders for any issues/problems.
Learned to work with a team of designers
Management was terrific. When I had a family emergency they worked with me 100%.
My coworkers at Bassett were talented, hard working and fun
The hardest part of the job was the morning and evening drive.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making house calls, designing rooms, working with wonderful fabrics and color. This was an atmosphere of sharing ideas and was a terrific experience.
Pros
Designing and working with fabric and color
Cons
Morning and evening drive
Productive work place
Desing coordinator, sales (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 27, 2016
Great place to work with wonderful management

Treated you like a real person and dealt with any situations you had

Great co-workers.

Extremely great and dedicated manager.
Bassett Furniture is a great company to work for.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Bassett Furniture is a true survivor in furniture manufacturing. The designers have followed current trends and offer styles which are appealing to the younger consumers in today's market.
I just answered phones and ran credit
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  towson, marylandMarch 4, 2016
I was a basic receptionist and really there was no room for advancement at Bassett. I would sometimes run peoples credit for loans and I would do basic data entry into the system to place the customers furniture orders in.
Pros
My boss was one of the greatest I have had
I got along with all the coworkers.
Head Porter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2016
Always went above and beyond with every task I accomplished as well as didn't finish for the day until I finished it. Have a hard time having down time at work so I love to stay moving. Great with communication with customers and understanding of what the customer is requesting or asking about.The hardest part of the job was the manager/owner and the owners husband/ boyfriend ddnt communicate well and both would have me do the opposite of wat each other told me but always listened to the boss/owner. Most enjoyable part was interacting with customers to make it to where there was no down time as well as assembling furniture to put on show room was my favorite and most enjoyable.
Pros
Pros to my job was I was my own boss, and had my own list of daily task, to get accomplished, and got to go about it which ever way i wanted, and didnt have a micro manager behind me at all times, and I also, got along great with all the sales ladies on the floor, and was willing to help and the drop of a dime if they needed it.
Cons
Con of the job was the down time, and trying to stay looking busy, when I was always three steps ahead of everything.
Spring Up (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for Bassett I was taught alot and the co-workers were great to work with. they were very under standing when I need off.
decent company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJanuary 5, 2016
you go in you load the truck you go deliver.
The only thing I can disagree with at this job when I was hired on I was told i'd be making$12-13 per hour I'm making $10 four months later.
Pros
you are in a truck 90% of the day
Cons
the furniture is 2-400LBS. a piece
poorly managed
Design Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 22, 2016
out of business. Work with a great group of people. Company had poor customer service. A lot of non Bassett item were added that cheapened the showroom.
Unstructured management, some training, great co-workers
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNAugust 24, 2015
Bassett Furniture was a privately run company and was set up as a local "mom and pop" store. Some advertising via billboards, radio, and local and national promotional television ads. Not into social media options to promote business. Business never really decreased or increased. Staff made a marginal income but the over all relationships were good between design consultants. Not a lot of materials and tools to assist in promoting a well run operation. The most difficult part of the job was I believe the location and lack of promotional ads. The best part was being able to do presentations to your clients and have the encouragement and support of the design team.
Pros
Cohesive design team
Cons
Productive company. Had pleny of flexibility with accessories
DIRECTOR OF VISUAL MERCANDISING / ACCESSORY BUYER (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJuly 1, 2015
I was recruited by a headhunter for this position while employed with louis shanks in houston, tx. I relocated to baltimore, md to open new store and to re-merchandise two existing stores. Several changes in management were unproductive, economy and mismanagement resulted in the closure of two locations, the sale of the third location and my unemployment.
Pros
PURCHASED ACCESSSORIES FOR THREE LOCATIONS AT HIGH POINT FUNRITURE MARKET
Cons
FRANCHISEE COLSED TWO LOCATIONS AND THRID PURCHASED BY COROPRATE
Great Opportunity
Design Consultant/Sales (Current Employee) –  Selma, TXAugust 31, 2015
This was a great opportunity for me to further my design experience and work with customers on their homes. I gained a wealth of knowledge about furniture and basic design. The base pay is in the lower range, this position is for commission oriented people.
Pros
commision, you can make as much as you determine.
very good
Design Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2015
great company to work for. Financially secure, with a great product line and very good design team. I enjoyed working there for several years and would probably still be there if local store had not closed.

very good company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bassett Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9