Bassett Furniture

Bassett Furniture Employee Reviews

CCS
CCS (Former Employee), NJJune 17, 2015
Heavy Work Load(Stressful), Pay is very low, The business hours are a plus however Must Work every Holiday and No Holiday Time/Half
The best part of the job is meeting different people with different personalities
Management could improve a little better
The leading furniture retailer in America
design associate (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Beautiful environment
Cons: Work all weekends, Saturday and Sunday
Bassett Furniture Direct, Tukwila, WA is a franchise store. This owner aggressively advertises and is one of the most knowledgeable
retailers in America. They genuinely care about their staff. Unfortunately for me, part time is not an option and I need part time.
The furniture is well priced and most definitely represents current trends in style and color. They are partnered with HGTV. The
person applying for a position with Bassett needs to have strong selling skills and the ability to communicate with many personality types. A working knowledge of fabrics and current home furnishing trends is very beneficial but not essential. Bassett has an ongoing training program that will teach you product knowledge.
If you love beautiful homes you will love working for Bassett.
Good company culture
Interior Design Consultant (Former Employee), Tukwila, WAMarch 1, 2015
Typical retail work environment. Evenings and weekends, leadership that doesn't take advantage of available skillset of sales team. Poor pay.
Fun and rewarding
Receptionist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone was great their. They made you feel like family. I enjoyed the time I was working there. We all kept each other busy and entertained when it was slow.
Fast paced ,productive and fun place to work at.
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Paramus, NJFebruary 23, 2015
A typical day at my job usually consists of first me coming in and doing the daily reports and counting the drawer. Throughout the day I basically handle customer issues via telephone, email and face to face. I also handle any problems that the designers have. For example, we use a system called Storis that keeps all our customer accounts with their information and orders and they sometimes have trouble figuring things out and I also take the payments. There isn't really a hard part to my job. I might've had a hard time in the beginning when I first started because I was still learning store policies so sometimes I would have a difficult time deciding what I should tell the customer. For the most part I enjoy most of my days at work because everything else is fairly easy.
Fun place to work
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: great medical benefits
Cons: no local advertising
A very good place to work, with very good quality furniture. Bassett has been in business for 110 years. My manager was very good.
Friendly work environment
District Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Essex, MdDecember 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility in working hours, if needed for weather.
Cons: the drive is 85 miles one way and can be, at minimum, an hour and half long, most days more.
Overall, Bassett is a good company with which to work. I have enjoyed my time with them and have learned many aspects of customer service and the furniture business. I love the fact that I can help people to resolve their issues. I enjoy the computer work, as far as the ordering of parts, service reports and technician reports. The hardest part of the job is when a customer has a higher expectation than we can provide and we are unable to satisfy. The most enjoyable part is resolving issues to best ability and satisfaction for both the customer and the company.
Great co-workers and fun job!
Design consultant (Current Employee), Tulsa,okDecember 20, 2014
Pros: being able to create beautiful designs for clients
Cons: long hours and lack of benefits
Over all Bassett is a good place to work. I love assisting clients finding that perfect look. My co-workers are very supportive. I have learned a lot about sales and customer retention. Management is well intentioned. The management does try to be very supportive. The problem is with customer complaints not being resolved in a timely manner. This results in customers you have worked hard for not returning – more... to purchase. The benefits are not very good either. They offer health care, however most employees don't have it due to the high cost. You get payed vacation after a year but it's only a week and is not based on your sales average. There are no sick days or personal days. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. Your private life will take a beating. I do really enjoy my job most days and I would recommend it as a good place to work. – less
One co-worker did what she wanted and Mgmt allowed it
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: nice furniture
Cons: management allowing one co-worker to do as she pleased, furniture too highly priced.
CoWorkers were great people, besides one who felt her former co-work status with the district manager left her at a hightened status in the workplace and the District Manager allowed it.
Left hand looking for the Right hand
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Chestnut HillNovember 19, 2014
Cons: dealing with selfish midage women who cant survive any other sales gig.
Terrible selfcentered unwilling to help with anything. Middle aged women lying to customers in order to get paid commission to buy botox or girdles...
Loaded wooden legs onto a conveyor according to order and color.
Line loader (Former Employee), Newton, NCNovember 18, 2014
Pros: compensation for work, a good atmosphere, ability to move in rank.
Cons: not what i wanted to do the rest of my life.
I'd work 10 hours a day, with a 30 minute lunch break and 2 fifteen minute breaks as well. My job consisted of loading wooden legs onto a moving conveyor line, by order and color, and it proceeded to a spray booth. I was in charge of keeping orders together and keeping the line moving efficiently. I improved my communication skills, my time management ability, and exceeded other in my leadership capabilities. I loved my coworkers and regularly keep in contact with them. The job was smooth unless a order got messed up or a leg was missed.
sucky place to work.
sucky place to work (Former Employee), raleigh ncNovember 3, 2014
Not the best place to work. The manager sucks and needs managerment traning.
A great work environment,good quality merchandise and people.Co-workers.
Delivery Clerk (Former Employee), 6125 Blkhorse Pk,Egg Harbor Twp. N.J. 08234October 18, 2014
Pros: i had a job and extra money after just graduating.
Cons: the size of the warehouse and entirre layout of the store....
This was where i began to understand the nuances of retail field...I was well-trained by a great team of company employees,and everyone for the most part got along well.....
Job Duties
Human Resources/ Administrator (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 5, 2014
customer service, sales, bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory, loan approval, purchasing, inventory control, scheduling, data entry, billing, invoicing, ordering, collections, shipping, receiving, payroll and supervising thirty-two employees. Reason for leaving, Bassett sold out.
Wonderful store manager, engaging co-workers, fantastic clients
CERTIFIED DESIGNER (Former Employee), San Jose, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: great online training program resulting in happy customers
Cons: they are not a sustainable company in the showrooms as they are the factory.
A typical day was direct sales of home furnishings, which resulted in in-home consultations. I loved working directly with the clients and providing great solutions for their lifestyles. My in-store manager was very inspiring and appreciated my drive for success. Although competitive, my co-workers were supportive in a team environment and we all supported each others growth and needs. The hardest part was down time when there was not traffic coming through. The most enjoyable was going to clients homes and working with them on makeovers and the final reveal of my solution for them.
bad management
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee), Fredericksburg, VAAugust 9, 2014
pay is not the best but decent for the position. management is very lacking.
Friendly co workers. But no time to build customer relationships..Sales, Sales
Design Consultant (Former Employee), Hoover, AL.July 25, 2014
Pros: super friendly staff
Cons: unrealistic sales expectations
Coming onboard was interesting, but a bit pressured. Although, the training was very thorough regarding the history of Bassett. any other training was lacking and feedback not continuous.Sales expectations UNREALISTIC in this market and economy especially in a new store. New store, new area, new employees, new management without a full understanding of how to build a customer base in a new and very different demographic. Store has potential...Too much to say, but it was not an all bad experience because everyone was super friendly. But that did not help to build my career there.
Warehouse Enviroment.
District Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Garden Grove, CAJuly 8, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no working air conditioning
Work with 4 stores to insure that service appointments are scheduled in a timely manner. Order parts for repairs and schedule delivery of purchased items.
Design Consultant (Current Employee), Hoover, AlJune 10, 2014
Pros: good people, money, benefits
Cons: high preasure put on sales people, no weekends or holidays
I love this job, the people are great and the job has a serious money making potential. Although Bassett is new to Birmingham it seems like it's taking some time to grow. A person can sale the product with confidence knowing that the products are well made. The only problem I have with working there are the mandatory weekends and holidays. I didn't realize I had signed up for that. Thought that they would rotate and they do not. I've been there since January and was told we get a weekend off every 3 months. I still haven't been able to take it. That's truly the only part of this job that makes me unhappy.
Some what slow paced
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Newton, NCJune 10, 2014
Inspected finished product for defects in workmanship and materials. Made sure that damages were repaired properly before allowing product to ship

1 2 3

About Bassett Furniture

Bassett’s blend of style, comfort and value has been trusted for more than a century and made it one of the most recognizable – Read more

Bassett Furniture Salaries