Bassett Furniture Employee Reviews

sa;es consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2017
Strong Sales skills
Worked with clients in selecting furniture, fabric & décor
Visually merchandised groupings throughout entire store
Worked on daily sales quotas and worked within HGTV guidelines
Made house calls to client’s homes to help with space planning needs
Made sales presentation to clients to assist with purchase plans
Pros
worked within the HGTV umbrella
Cons
stressed and required sales to be in-home design .
Bad place
Inside Upholster (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCMay 14, 2017
Worst place i ever worked! Too many people are relatives. Those related to the people in management are allowed to be very disrespectful to coworkers, and are allowed to do as they wish. You have no time for outside life. They allow extreme harrasment! I would not recommened working there to anyone.
Pros
On site caffeteria
Cons
Extremely hostile environment
Read Consumer Affairs about Bassett Furniture
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 29, 2017
Showroom was filthy, furniture was damaged and soiled, very poor quality construction, angry clientele and that is just the beginning! Management was horrible: immature, paranoid, uneducated, shady and not helpful. Having worked for many quality furniture companies I was embarrassed by this product and the prices they charged .
Pros
Salary plus commission at that time
Cons
Everything else
More sales focused
Design Consultant/Sales (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 26, 2017
Not really a place to expand your design skills. Compensation is not enough for all the sales work you do. Stin fun place to work. Meet a lot of interesting people in design field.
Cooperative joint effort to accomplish tasks
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 8, 2017
Visual display maintenance, customer care, entering customer orders and receiving payment. Everyone works together. Everything is checked and reviewed by others to ensure accuracy. Everyone supports each other.
Great Experience
Lead Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 14, 2016
A typical work day consists of talking with customers, taking care of everything from setting up service to taking care of banking and accounts payable. I have learned how to take care of the customer no matter what issues arise. My manager is a warm, wonderful person who is very involved in every aspect of the store. The people I work with are what makes the job the most enjoyable, we are a happy family at Bassett. The hardest part of my job is telling the customer that we can't do anything more for them or that their product is no longer available.
Pros
Great discount on furniture
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
Good environment
Shipping (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 7, 2016
In a typical day I would unload new furniture, inspection it for damage, put in storage or take out to the store floor. Inspect customer purchase wrap and deliver products. Inspect ,wrap,and load outgoing products onto trailer. Good friendly coworkers.
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bassett, VANovember 4, 2016
Bassett produces a great product. It is a good company to work for with a lot of tenor people. They are growing very rapidly.
hard work
Upholsterer (Current Employee) –  Conover, NCSeptember 26, 2016
Working here is good, you have to work hard to make any good money and the one thing I would change is the lack of holiday / sick time given. Overall its a decent company
Very difficult job, management unhelpful, cruel. Your only as good as your last sale.
SALES AND DESIGN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2016
Your only as good as your last sale. Public shaming and the white board at least once per day. Constant comparison to other sales persons. Manager was promoted out of the store to another position. She rode this one hard on everyones coattails to get this. She did little work herself. Only good thing is that she will not be around daily in store. HR is only there for management.
Pros
nice co-workers, good benefits
Cons
terrible, hateful management, terrible pay
Productive work place
Desing coordinator, sales (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJune 27, 2016
Great place to work with wonderful management

Treated you like a real person and dealt with any situations you had

Great co-workers.

Extremely great and dedicated manager.
Bassett review
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA 23060June 25, 2016
I work for Bassett on a part time basis for 11 years. They were always flexible when my full time job changed and I had to change my hours. It was an enjoyable place to work and the only reason I left was because I moved too farther away and they moved locations almost at the same time.
Spring Up (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed working for Bassett I was taught alot and the co-workers were great to work with. they were very under standing when I need off.
I got along with all the coworkers.
Head Porter (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 21, 2016
Always went above and beyond with every task I accomplished as well as didn't finish for the day until I finished it. Have a hard time having down time at work so I love to stay moving. Great with communication with customers and understanding of what the customer is requesting or asking about.The hardest part of the job was the manager/owner and the owners husband/ boyfriend ddnt communicate well and both would have me do the opposite of wat each other told me but always listened to the boss/owner. Most enjoyable part was interacting with customers to make it to where there was no down time as well as assembling furniture to put on show room was my favorite and most enjoyable.
Pros
Pros to my job was I was my own boss, and had my own list of daily task, to get accomplished, and got to go about it which ever way i wanted, and didnt have a micro manager behind me at all times, and I also, got along great with all the sales ladies on the floor, and was willing to help and the drop of a dime if they needed it.
Cons
Con of the job was the down time, and trying to stay looking busy, when I was always three steps ahead of everything.
Productive and enjoyable to assist in turning a house into a home with the right home accessories
OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2016
I was lead administrative assistant. I welcomed clients upon their entrance. I paged the sales associates on duty but offered something to drink or the famous homemade otis spunkmeyer cookies while they waited on the sales representative. If the rep's. Took too long I would begin showing the items on the sales floor and assisted in buying options(ex. Setting up/assisting in clients applying for the bassett card,intaking payments on these charge accounts), I also answered a 10 multiline telephone while placing/processing orders,did inventory,"checked-out" all the clients purchases on a special computer system that also doubled as a register!
Bassett Furniture
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLMay 9, 2016
I highly enjoyed working for Bassett Industries. I learned a lot while working for the company but mostly I learned by doing not because I was trained. My clients were the most enjoyable part of working for the company. The hardest part of the job was the double standards that were shown to one designer that had been there since they opened the store. I believe know matter how long you've been employed by a company, everyone should be held to the same rules and regulations. This was one of the hardest obstacles that I encountered in my 3 plus years working for the company.
Pros
The hours were 10 to 6 which were nice.
Cons
Working every weekend.
Great company
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2016
I found the Bassett Furniture corporate owned store to be a wonderful place to work. It exceeded my expectations and grew me as a designer and commissioned sales person. Hard work and tenacity was rewarded through a generous commission structure. I am a driven person, so I rarely had to depend upon the low draw base pay alone. Bassett's benefits package is A+
Pros
Relationships built with clients.
Cons
Low draw base pay.
Bassett Furniture is a great company to work for.
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 21, 2016
Bassett Furniture is a true survivor in furniture manufacturing. The designers have followed current trends and offer styles which are appealing to the younger consumers in today's market.
Beautiful showroom and quality fabric. Talented and fun staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Selma, TXApril 15, 2016
A typical day: Greet customers, clean assigned area, check orders for any issues/problems.
Learned to work with a team of designers
Management was terrific. When I had a family emergency they worked with me 100%.
My coworkers at Bassett were talented, hard working and fun
The hardest part of the job was the morning and evening drive.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making house calls, designing rooms, working with wonderful fabrics and color. This was an atmosphere of sharing ideas and was a terrific experience.
Pros
Designing and working with fabric and color
Cons
Morning and evening drive
I just answered phones and ran credit
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  towson, marylandMarch 4, 2016
I was a basic receptionist and really there was no room for advancement at Bassett. I would sometimes run peoples credit for loans and I would do basic data entry into the system to place the customers furniture orders in.
Pros
My boss was one of the greatest I have had

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bassett Furniture. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9