Bassett Healthcare Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for
CHARGE PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 12, 2017
Great staff and professional management. I loved the job I worked there and I miss it. I moved to Texas from NY which is why I no longer work there.
Health care business
Ambulatory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canajoharie, NYJune 9, 2017
very busy with scheduled doctor's visits and add a few emergencies makes it chaotic.

take patient's personal information; process insurance claims; filing and prepare for the next day's visits.
Pros
pharmacist companies bring great lunches
Cons
overtime, alway something to be doing
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NYJune 1, 2017
Bassett is a company that offers advancement to their employees. The benefits and salary need to be a lot more competitive in comparison to other health care organizations.
Great pay and Health Benefits
Ambulatory Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Herkimer, NY 13350May 28, 2017
Bassett is close to home, nice salary and excellent benefits package.

a typical day is rooming patients, handling patient calls, results to inform patients about, form completion, email questions from patients and refilling medication requests.
Fast pace environment, with many different tasks to do; often all at once. Very professional environment, but good, fun loving, and caring people.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMay 23, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of data entry with the mediteck system to ensure patients got tests and procedures needed for a diagnosis. I would help with codes that saved lives. I observed, and was certified in basic dysrythmia ti observe telemetry monitors, and report any abnormal heart rhythms.
I performed clerical duties, scheduled appointments, admitted, and discharged patients.
I worked independently, as there were no other workers who knew goes to do this particular job, and duties.
I became certified as a preceptor to train new workers within the hospital to do this job.
I had to habe good communication and interpersonal skills to talk with doctors, nurses, other staff, and to handle calls that came in from other sources, such as family members, and other facilities.
Pros
Helping to make people's lives better, and most of all, saving lives.
Cons
Double shifts, death of a patient.
Good coworkers. Poor management
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 24, 2017
Decent work place poor management skills throughout. Coworkers are friendly, people and outside customers are fun to interact with. Slight discount. Not enough to say much but it's there
Pleasurable work environment.
Orthopedic Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYApril 16, 2017
Pleasurable work environment. Staff is very pleasant and accomidating. Welcoming enviroment. Friendly work environment. Beautiful surrounding area as well.
Ok place to wrk I suppose. Nm else in area.
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NY 13326April 6, 2017
Very hard to wrk wirh all women that r very hipocritical. But that's everywhere that staffs basically women. When I left felt like the 14 years I was there meant nothing and was unappreciated for the years I was dedicated. I started as a nursing asst then and LPN then an RN for past 7 years. I have not kept in contact with any of those I wrked with and some for 14 years. Was upsetting.
Pros
Some good ppl, Cafeteria expensive but good, My NM was wonderful and caring for the most part, Up to date with emr, Most user friendly I've seen.
Cons
Lots of back stabbing on floor I was on, and the money was not good, not friendly when leave
If you don't drink the corporate koolaid you'll never make it
Ambulatory Odfice Assistant (Former Employee) –  CooperstownMarch 27, 2017
Managers that have no experience or don't keep their word and use you to their benefit and do not support their employees. Feel working beside staff would be beneath them If they fail, they promote them to other jobs to relocate them. Always understaffed Paperwork more important than patients. Below average pay and no raises. Find something else!!
Pros
Nice coworkers that become a second family
Cons
Top heavy on management. Back biting
Rural Care
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 6, 2017
Rural care is definitely a boon - they have hospital based management with limitations when it comes to the grit of the rural environment.
Support was not always available, when requests are made of your time and skills, they were more available.
Not seeing management and having monthly meetings was a blessing. Micromanagement was a real problem, they would try to fit round pegs in square holes and force the corners when it didn't fit.
Change from one department to another really requires an 'in' with someone. They continue to block providers with lateral or upward movement.
Pros
rural environment

Want to know more about Bassett Healthcare?

Ask a question
Educational
Optician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oneonta, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Nice, local place to enhance my career. I enjoy working with my friends, and learning as much as I can about my field. I enjoy the travel involved, and wish I could do more.
Fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Fast paced doctors office with many doctors and patients to over see. Work day includes answering phones registering and scheduling appointments. Coping and mailing out patients records, putting in prescription requests and messages regarding results.
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Unfriendly co workers
Bassett
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 25, 2017
The pay is very low and every department is severely understaffed. That being said, I do love my department and my coworkers. My direct managers are also very supportive and go out of their way to make sure that the office runs as smoothly as possible.
Gratifying employment
Patient Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYDecember 21, 2016
Most enjoyable part of the job was inter-acting with the patients and getting to know them. Being able to keep busy made time go by quickly. Management seemed fair to everyone.
It is a good place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYDecember 16, 2016
It's a nice place to work at Bassett, the environment is friendly and easy going.
I work claims for multiple insurances every day, make sure everything goes out the door on time and work any payments that I receive.
Bassett
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NYOctober 26, 2016
long work days
very busy work load
hard to balance life outside of work
often take home work to get done because there is not enough time in the day to finish
Overworked
LPN (Current Employee) –  Mibh clinicSeptember 29, 2016
New employee looking to leave already. A lot of backstabbing, sucking up, and overwork. Expected to know how to do things i have never done. Management is a joke. Benefits stink. Other staff too busy talking about personal lives to help you when you need it.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay, benefits, overworked
Great pay and benefits.
Licensed Sec.Off, retired police chief. (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 21, 2016
I enjoyed my job and worked with some great team members and hospital staff. Helping people under difficult situations was very rewarding. If you have prior experience, the pay is great. However, management of this department is at an all time low. You are mandated to attend training and meetings on a monthly basis (days off inc.). These meetings and training amount to no more that the senior manager patting himself on the back. When you attend training, you must sign a document that you have attended training on that day. Of course, it does not state what the training was. Great if you ever go to court! The senior security manager was a former car salesman prior to taking his position at Bassett and is quick on his feet with answers to management. Comes off as the best thing since sliced bread. Nevertheless, if you are former law enforcement, or have more experience than him, do not try to give advice on how to improve the department, or streamline operations. In the end, this will only cost you your job. This department is operated on a favorites come first basis......
Pros
Great people to work with and good pay.
Cons
Favoritism, lack of management skills and know it all attitude.
Productive and fun work place
Biller 2 (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Pleasant place to work. Manager gives incentives for jobs well done, like dress down Fridays. Most of my coworkers are great people to work with. Leaving was the hardest thing. The most enjoyable was the experience and the devotion I invested at Bassett Healthcare.
Pros
Holiday parties
I believe that this is a great place to work, especially as a new nurse.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYAugust 24, 2016
I enjoy this job and my patient. I believe basset offers good advancement opportunities for your career. I have enjoy all of my coworkers so far over the year, as every one is willing to help you learn and grow.

The only down fall is the turn over and inconsistencies I have found in my recent job at BFMO.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bassett Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6