Bassett Home Furnishings Employee Reviews in United States

Great for a young designer/sales person
Design consultant (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJuly 3, 2015
I love this place, but the weekends and holiday schedule can get quite consuming. That is the only reason I am looking for other employment.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Holiday and weekend mandatory
Greenville, SC
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Haywood Rd, GreenvilleOctober 23, 2014
Manager tries to be your best friend for your first couple months while in training, taking you out to lunch and shopping. She would take you to her home, sharing personal information. Then you are released on the floor to start selling along with your co-workers, called the "Vultures". The manager instantly changes her personality. Not one co-worker would offers assistance. Most of the time you could find the manager, known to leave the store a lot. When asking for some assistance, co-workers would refuse. Co-workers felt that the more information you knew about the products, the better you would sell (which is correct). The competition was fierce. Manager always targeted at least one employee at a time, and would build a false case against them for a period of time. The stress makes you feel you are living a terrible nightmare. Employees have been terminated a very unprofessional ways, stripping their self identity and self esteem. The turnover rate is tremendous.
Pros
learning about furniture sales through the initial training period.
Cons
very little chance of surviving.
Motivated team to greatly ensure client satisfaction
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 20, 2014
Managed day to day operations, personnel, and sales goals while ensuring high levels of service. Created positive atmosphere to exceed the clients' experience.
Lead staff, including sales, design, visual display, operations,
delivery, and shipping / receiving
Motivated and trained sales team to achieve and maintain sales plans and goals.
Pros
motivating, building client relationships, lead staff
Cons
locally owned location closed
This company prospectively will not prosper in the long run
Sales/Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2012
I loved my job with this company, however, they were very dishonest with the employees and the management worked dilligently to take sales away from their sales staff. It was so sad! They management was very dishonest with both the customers and the employees. The turnover was tremendous. The month I left, eight people also quit.
Pros
the sales staff was very professional and supportive
Cons
no lunches
Great team environment, and a fun place to help those in need of Interior Design.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OregonOctober 22, 2012
I have to say the last job I had I really learned a lot. From qualifying a client who needed help immediately to solve a dilema, or a longer more in depth approach to assisting them in their home. I had no prior design experience before I accepted this position, and pride myself with the tasks and challenges that were put in front of me.

Bassett was a Family owned business and they were indeed challenging my abilities everyday, and were very supportive. The team that we assembled came from a variety of sales and customer service backgrounds, as well as those who held degrees in interior design.

The most challenging part of the job was to make the process as seamless as possible for the client, and to make things happen on the schedule that was best suitable for them. The most rewarding part of the job was being able to help all of my client's who were in need of help. To see the final space, or room which was designed for them, with them was always the highlight.
Administrative Duties, and Store Management.
Store Administrator, Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 13, 2012
Inputing Sales Orders, Check and Balancing, oversee all Money brought into the store. Running Daily reports for the company and Sales Associates. I am very strong in the customer Service Department dealing with customers on a daily bases, making sure their issues are dealt with in a timely manner. Maintaining a calm and productive work environment for all co-workers. Hardest part of the Job is knowing that I'm not being used to my full potential, I prefer not to work on weekends. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that I've made the customer feel good about their experience from beginning to the end with the upmost customer service provided.
Pros
discounts, beautiful work place.
Cons
benifits, heathcare, plans