Bassett Medical Center Employee Reviews

It was close to home and I loved my work crew
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  West Winfield, NYOctober 28, 2017
If I could get hired again I would think of working there. I learned many things but there was no incentive pay. The crew I worked with was filled with great people.
high paced
UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 30, 2017
Bassett is, and has always been a very high paced environment. Hours are comparable to most places. Management is very top heavy, meaning there are way more managers than there are people to manage.
Guest Services is a wonderful department
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYAugust 13, 2017
The Guest Services Department was very welcoming and caring! They go above and beyond, and actually look for ways to provide better care. Truly a great place to work!
Working at Bassett
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYAugust 1, 2017
I worked at Bassett for 7 months with wonderful co workers and a great manager. I worked as a PCA on 2nd Floor Medicine on the overnight shift (7pm-7am) 3 nights a week.
Bassett Medical Center
Patient Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJuly 19, 2017
It is located in Cooperstown, NY. It consists of 6 hospitals including the main campus in Cooperstown, 45 clinics, which span 7 counties, employs over 5000 people. It is a Trauma Level 2 facility.

I have worked in the hospital when I started and it is full of diversity, we are a teaching hospital, so people from around the world come to practice and we are also part of Columbia University.
Pros
Great people to work for.
Work Day Review
AOA (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 9, 2017
A typical day a work usually consists of scheduling appointments and procedures. I have learned a lot of new systems and patient care. Management needs a lot of help when it comes to taking care of employees and treating them properly. Hardest part of the job is learning to leave work at the door when I leave.
Hands on/ Patient Friendly Environment
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 6, 2017
Great place to work, every day is a new adventure. You never know what to expect but that makes the job new and exciting. You need to be able to go with the flow and be prepared for the unexpected because healthcare is a surprising place to work.
Pros
Decent amount of downtime.
Office Assitant
Administrative Office Assistant - Level III (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYMay 8, 2017
Many opportunities to learn and grow. Environment were you are able to become very involved and engaged in activities beyond your job responsibility. I had a very positive work experience.
Fun Place to work!
Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoy the department and the Bassett Environment very much. It is a very busy work schedule but overall very satisfying. My department is a very close knit, welcoming, and supportive team.

Bassett offers an excellent benefits package and competitive pay for what's in our surrounding area. There are many committee's to become a part of, many activities for employees, and a lot of support!
As long as you are willing to drink "corporate Kool-Aid" you'll do well here
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYFebruary 11, 2017
Bassett claims to be a hospital focused on patient care,unfortunately it has developed into Corporate America with an emphasis on reaping the almighty dollar. No free thinkers need apply! You must be willing to do more with less, be expected to work short staffed at most times with a task list no human could ever accomplish in a normal work day.
Good people are employed here for lack of employment opportunities in this rural area, but not a happy place to work. Heavy on managers who have never performed your job,with not enough Indians to do the actual work!
Salary below average for area.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Heavy on management, short staffing, little attention to patients as people.
Great hospital, wonderful people
Radiation Oncology Manager (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJanuary 19, 2017
I would recommend Bassett Healthcare Network to anyone interested. The hospital and its staff are patient focused and provide the best possible care and attention.
Busy lab
Lab Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYDecember 9, 2016
Busy lab where many things needed to get done and where things could go wrong. There wasn't many benefits working at this place. It is a small rural hospital.
Offers good employment opportunities with advance potential
Director, Revenue Cycle & Contracts (Current Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYDecember 1, 2016
Overall a good place to work but due to financial limitations, annual raises were not given which became an issue for several departments and staff. Bassett has a lot of longevity and well known in the area for being one of the largest employers. Bassett offers good benefits and a nice environment to work in.
Retail Working
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, NYMarch 28, 2016
Retail work has reward in experience in customer service and working as a team with your coworkers. It can have little rewards or can be more rewarding. Varies from day to day
Pros
Experience
Cons
Low pay
Department focused on patient care
Inpatient Materials Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYNovember 1, 2015
Typical work day is 12 hrs. learned to work in a team based environment. Co-workers were like family. The hardest part was a 4-12 hr. days in a row. The most enjoyable would be patient care
Pros
Patient care
Productive and learning experience with great staff and support
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 19, 2015
Wonderful teaching hospital with various specialties. Team work and great upper mangement support for all employees.
You want to learn?
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 8, 2015
Bassett is fantastic. I started out as a Pharmacy Technician and later achieved my Phlebotomy Certification. I have learned so much and walked away with a future. Could not ask for a better work environment and or a better group of coworkers.
Thank You to Everyone who had a hand in my future.
Pros
health insurance, benefits, advancement, gained skills, diversity
Overall good benefits and salary
Lead Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYSeptember 2, 2015
In recent years, too many unqualified individuals promoted to Management due to Political influence. Unfortunately this leads to deficits in the institution.
benefits
Cons
Politically motivated
A wonderful learning environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cooperstown, NYJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Bassett Hospital. It is a wonderful teaching hospital and a great source of knowledge to any nurse. Staff was great to work with.
Poor work enviorment
PCA (Former Employee) –  cooperstown, ny 13326May 31, 2015
I worked there for 3 years< I depended on my coworkers and security for safety reasons, My co workers where nice to your face but the back biting and gossip was terrible. Security runs the place they do what they want and watch everyone, they have favorites;-) that they take care of parking tickets for and asssit. Others they pick on make up names and comments about. I had several issues with Security and I was written up while they facebook and check their dating profiles on their phones.
Pros
Cons
Parking and Seciurty