Bassett Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Finding balance in teaching and learning
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CASeptember 5, 2013
The day depended on what grade level I would be guest teaching. I learned that students like to be addressed with a balance of respect and structure. I never had to deal with principles, except on a rare occasion when the students were too hard to handle, but this was avoided as much as possible. I learned much from the permanent teachers. As for the hardest part of the job, some students were not as disciplined as I would have liked, but this was not always the case, so overall I enjoyed working as a guest teacher.
Pros
new challenges with every assignment
Cons
from time to time there were students who were out of line.
Fun and dependable place to work
Substitute Clerk (Former Employee) –  La Puente, CAJune 4, 2012
Everyone is very helpful and friendly, knowledgeable and willling to help and lend a hand when needed. Fun place to work at especially when you interact with the children. My position was challenging at times because I would have to learn a new task everytime I was placed in a new work site. Overall it was quite an experience getting to learn all the various positions that I was assigned to work for.
Pros
learned many duties for various positions i was assigned too.
Cons
no benefits do to my job title.
I enjoy working here
Substitute Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  La Puente, CAMarch 24, 2014
The students and staff have all been very helpful in my transition to this new role.

4.8