Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This job was one of my best jobs yet. I learned more stuff day to day. I love the products and I would make purchases almost everyday. The staff was one of the friendliest staff I knew
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
ford city manager were the worst and to make matters worst they hire and promote people of their liking rather than work ethic and qualifications. district never seen a problem i guess thatss why their's an entire new staff at ford city now
Just a dying mall
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 20, 2017
The one i was at was dying mall so business was dying it was a fun place to work. Loved all the new perfumes that came in. Lots of set up and prettying the store. If you love sales this is a great job for you.
Pros
Free Samples on new products.
Cons
Touching people.
love the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2017
working here is a joy you get discounts the environment is sometime faced paced and fun. you get a lot of stock you will have to break down and stock each day.
Loved my time at Bath & Body Works
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 20, 2017
I have worked for 3 different Bath & Body Works stores. I started as a seasonal associate/head cashier for two holidays at my first store in my hometown. Worked my way up to a Temporary Customer Seals Lead during 2 holidays in another state. At my third store I was hired as a seasonal associate, kept on after holiday, and worked my way up to assistant manager. The stores were always fast paced, every day brought something new, and every manager I ever worked for was amazing. They push you to be your best and expect nothing less than perfect. Hours were long, especially during holiday, but rewarding.
Pros
Pay, customer experiences, leadership, discount
Cons
Long hours during holiday
Good work, cut throat enviroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Bath and Body work was good company but that's all it was. Never did I walk in feeling like a family or comfortable. Very Cut throat, competitive company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
competative enviroment
Productive and fun workplace
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed getting to know the loyal clientele that shopped on a regular basis. I was a part of a motivated team that supported each other and created a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Generous Discount
Cons
Retail Hours
Fair, good paying retail job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 19, 2017
It's a great retail job to have. Pay and discounts are generous. It's a fast-paced environment - especially during the holidays. I have worked at 2 different locations and the cultures are very different depending on store location and volume.
Productive and never a dull time, always surrounded by smiles.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
It’s great working in Bath & Body Works. Everyone is hardly in a bad mood, there are always good vibes throughout the store, many friendly people to meet. The stores Benefits are great. Managers were always able to cooperate with my hours available.
No complaints.
Pros
Discounts are always a great thing!
Bath and Body works is a fun please to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
Bath and Body Works it is a cool please to work you get to play game on the job you all so get free stuff you can set up the floor late at night your helping people out trying to find what there looking for
Pros
Getting free stuff
Cons
You can loss your time of pay
Slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 18, 2017
It was a great job to have during the holidays but no advancement in the company and on my feet the whole time but great discounts but will never work there again.
loved working there just needed something different.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 18, 2017
take a look at previous work day
driving sales through demos and grabbing there attention at the door.
helping people get what they really want
seeing people smile because I made her/him day
Pros
love working with different backgrounds
Cons
short breaks, always changing the schedule at last minute
Horrible experience; very few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Worked during holidays in 2016; No communication between managers and staff as to the specials; Full time staff,managers treated seasonal staff poorly
Pros
nice products
Cons
Very few hours; no breaks
Loved this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 16, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. I wish I could've stayed longer, but it was a temp job. If you're looking for a fast paced job, and can stay on your feet for hours at a time, this is the job for you. Bath & Body Works has the best atmosphere!
Pros
the atmosphere, break time, the job itself
Cons
the fact that it was only a temp job
Fun Products. Fun Store. Abusive Middle Management.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 16, 2017
I LOVE Bath & Body Products. I have for over 20 years and I was so excited to get a chance to work for them.

It was fast paced and there was always something fun around the corner. I took two struggling stores and developed them into top performers of the district.

It has amazing work life balance, except October - December, for obvious reasons. The shift to cut-throat SPAH selling to get hours was a struggle that customers could feel, but we got past that eventually.

I have always been of the opinion that focusing on your people and developing their skill sets would make the metrics happen. Numbers are great to tell you where to work, but there are a lot of micormanagers in DM roles that can't think globally.

The pick one driver each week and beat it to death and criticize on conference calls if they missed the goals, even if that store was the number one on sales volume and growth for the week.

And if you challenge that mentality, they turn on you instead of embracing different thoughts. It became very demotivating.

Being a top performer, yet feeling you were doing so much wrong eventually takes a toll and makes you complacent.
Pros
Discount/Products/Great Associates
Cons
Middle Management / Switch to cut throat sellng
fast paced and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2017
I worked during the holidays so it was very crazy, fast paced, a little stressful trying to deal with the large crowds during the season. with that being said it was still fun working there with great management and employees, plus you get discounts and samples of products before they are released.
it was fine
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durango, COSeptember 15, 2017
it was a job, nothing too special, the comapny took itself way to seriously and i felt that their sales initiatives were too pushy, its hard enough selling something no one really needs but when its smells bad its harder.
Very fun and fast pace work place
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 15, 2017
Such a wonderful place to work if you like the sales field. You move up quickly into management if you can keep your sales goals up and have a strong ability to lead your work team.
Cons
Working all Holidays
Fun place to work with great customers and coworkers
Sales Support and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 15, 2017
Management team is fantastic, they are kind, understanding, great leaders, and sometimes bring treats for the associates!
Coworkers are great, no drama! Definitely a team environment.
Selling atmosphere with goals and friendly competition during special events, but not cut-throat or catty.
Reasonable expectations on tasks you can complete during your shift, if it's a high volume day, it's assumed you're not going to have enough time to properly recover the store, maintain a clean workplace behind the counter, etc, the whole time.
Customers are there to buy gifts or treat themselves! With a customer-first focus and a fun, friendly environment make B&BW a great place to shop and work!
bbw con and pros
Temp. Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHSeptember 14, 2017
I loved working for this company. they were flexible enough that if something came up, they would understand, but not to flexible where you felt favoritism or that people were taking advantage of the company. there was enough training that you felt comfortable when out on the floor and they helped you grow with in the company if you wanted to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.