Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,581 reviews matching the search
Great retail sales job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NYAugust 22, 2017
Always nice and refreshing to walk in to a store that always smells good. We would get gratis with new products and after taking special courses to improve customer service. Just very difficult to get sales, when fellow associates claim your sales as their own.
Pros
Free stuff
Cons
No vacation time
Seasonal Sales/Stock Employee (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAAugust 22, 2017
Everything about Bath and Body works/ L Brands makes it a great company. The organization is fair and keeps its company upheld to the highest standard.
Okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MAAugust 21, 2017
Loved this job. Only issues were a lack of synchronized supervisor directions and very poor work hours. Manager was new at the time and I never got a single shift at the same time as them. But I was doing and undoing the same tasks through the different supervisors I was left with. It was a waste of time and energy. I did not feel challenged or productive.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
Not a lot of hours.
Welcoming and encouraging staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2017
Hardworking staff, always striving to reach the store goals. Everyone was really friendly and they were willing to work as a team to get everything done properly and in time.
An awesome seasonal Job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 20, 2017
I loved working there for a seasonal job. It was allot of fun and my co-workers were amazing. There isn't much more to say about it, other then the mangers were very nice and supportive.
Pros
everything
Cons
n/a
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 20, 2017
The co-workers I worked with were very catty, especially the higher ups, which made my time there unpleasant. There were times I worked through my break because the managers couldn't find someone to cover me but also got mad if I got overtime.
Thankful for this team
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVAugust 20, 2017
This was the best work experience that I ever had. The management was the most hard working group of individuals ever. Everyone was so driven and dedicated to their duties. It was such a positive and focused environment. Everything was organized and maintained in a proper way. They always ensured that customer service was priority one and that was important to me.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COAugust 20, 2017
I didn't work here long it was when I was right out of high school. It was probably the most fun I've had at a job. I worked on the sales floor helping customers and also received shipment and restocked shelves. Great management and awesome staff, we always had fun which made the days go by fast. You also get great discounts on products. It was so long ago and I was so young that I'm not sure if it offered more benefits like heath, retirement, paid time off ect.
Pros
Fun environment, good discounts
Cons
Overnight merchandising shifts, minimum wage
Productive and fast pasted friendly staff
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 19, 2017
Bath and Body Works is an amazing company to work for. The workers are friendly, and everyone that comes in is very nice. They make floor sets fun, but we do stay late.
Fast paced and fun enviorment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 19, 2017
With Bath and Body being a fast paced environment, it helped being able to professionally manage my time with each task given to me. The manager would always help out employees with different ways to approach a customer and offer our product knowledge.
Pros
Work relationships.
Cons
Short breaks.
Fun place to work and meeting different people of different cultures
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 19, 2017
I learned a lot from this job. I met a lot of people from different states. I enjoyed helping customers with their needs and wants. At the end of the day, making them happy with their purchase was my main priority. The hardest part of the job was remembering everything in the store. Some of the products I knew nothing about and had to always use our cheat sheet when talking to the customers about what they came into the store looking for. But a typical day at work was always busy especially during the holiday seasons.
a place to start, but not a place to grow
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 18, 2017
Overall my time with the company was perplexing. Frustrations with management and staff not being able to come to a compromise to individual's schedule. Also Manager not being present at times when needed.
Pros
Cons
Wearing fixed color t-shirt
Can be a very fun place to work
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAAugust 18, 2017
I enjoyed my time at bath & bodyworks for the most part. The company as a whole shows little respect for it's employees. Company-wide rules and regulations show little respect for those working in the stores. Their policies are about negative reinforcement instead of awarding those individuals meeting their (ridiculously high) requirements. SPAH program is obsolete and minimizes morale.
Pros
fun environment, nice pay
Cons
hours, programs, company regulations
Fun place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 18, 2017
Exciting new products
Discounts on products
Always on your feet
Customers
Retail
Working on weekends and holidays
Busy all the time
Music all the time
Pros
Using the products
Cons
Too many hours
hated it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 18, 2017
the women here have clicks like they are high school. They do not welcome diversity. I hated the pay and management was very inexperienced and unfriendly.
Sales-based job focused on customer engagement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
A typical day on the sales floor consisted of assisting customers with their purchases and helping them find new fragrances to love. Regular duties included reorganizing and replenishing merchandise on the sales floor and ringing up customers. There were a few times a month when the team would have to do floor sets, which often meant working late into the night. My manager was understanding of my college schedule and still helped me maximize the number of hours I could work. The hardest part of the job was learning to pitch our products and making a solid sale. Our team had a very comfortable relationship with each other and my team leads and managers were always willing to teach. The most enjoyable parts of the job were making lasting connections with returning customers and working as part of the floor set crew.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, gratis products
Cons
competing for hours
Management was always changing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 18, 2017
I did not have someone that taught me the ropes. I had to figure it out for myself which is fine until you get reprimanded for something you were never told. A pretty easy place to work, though I was often kept after hours.
Bath and Body Work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 18, 2017
Good place to work. Pay could have been better. Lot of customer contact and demos. Fast pace, hours very, and you do all parts of the job ( customer service, sales, stock,inventory control, cash handling and with whatever else they may ask.)
Smells Good
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
This place will burn the smell sensors in your nose. You will never smell correctly again. The longer you spend inside, the worse it gets. I couldn't stop sneezing.
high paced and always doing some thing
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 18, 2017
I worked at bath and body works as a senior in high school, I started during the seasonal time so like fall and winter and it gets crazy busy with people and staff running around constantly watching the floor and stocking, nothing could look messy and everything had to always be stocked and pretty and not empty or messy. I did help customers on the floor choose gifts and such, but sometimes I wouldn't get out until 3a.m. on a school night and that was hard.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks and no real insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.