Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 2,518 reviews matching the search
Excellent Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 30, 2016
The hours are limited, but the work is very rewarding. Associates have fun while engaging with customers. The product is easy to sell because the associates actually like it.
Awesome place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mishawaka, INSeptember 30, 2016
I loved working there as a lady who doesn't like great smelling candles, body wash and lotion 😌 everyone that I worked with was great the customers was really nice managers where really nice and respectful
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Really none
Great place to work at
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 29, 2016
A typical day consists of assisting customers with questions and products. Work environment is great and co workers are continuously helping one another.
fun place to work
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 28, 2016
great for interacting with people and learning about the new products. flexible schedules available and opportunity to move up in the company quick
Very comfortable environment and nice staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 27, 2016
Everyone's super friendly and reassuring. I work 3 jobs and they gladly work around the other two. Pays better than most places.
Pros
free stuff, pay, nice smells
Cons
small store
Fun place to work but not to advance in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 27, 2016
I worked here for a long time and advanced from an associate to a temporary sales lead. The most enjoyable part of my job were my customers- I built connections with them and had my regulars that came in. Management always changed and people were in and out. They say that advancement in the company is important; however, I found advancement and promotion for anyone was difficult. The way of selling began to change and the company expected everyone to be robotic in their selling technique as they slowly transitioned into a "commission-base" job. Hours fluctuate. Sometimes at the beginning of working there, I would only get 12 hours a week.
Pros
Gratis, customers
Cons
Short breaks, part time employees treated poorly, take advantage of the "temp" positions
Sales Associate/Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Southgate miSeptember 27, 2016
The customer's are always our best solution to any sale, and at Bath and Body works there is hardly a problem with pleasing someone with their product.
Pros
Discounted to employees
Cons
7 days a week
seasonal jon
Sales, Stock (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 26, 2016
I was hired at B&BW for a seasonal position. It was fun and exciting. My mnager and co-workers were extremely nice and helpful.
Would definitely go back.
Pros
nice people to work with, not a stressful job
Cons
hours varied
Amazing Place To Work For Part Time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DESeptember 22, 2016
I absolutely love working here and I enjoy coming into work. The people I work with are family to me, the management are great and know how to manage but also how to have fun and treat you like a human being, and the customers for the most part are great. I love getting the free stuff every once in a while and the discount with the coupons you know about can do wonders. Even my boss's boss is great and our B&BW headquarters sent us handmade pumpkin shaped cookies to thank us for our hard work! You also learn how to talk to customers and it's fun once you understand how to. Only things I would warn about would be only getting few hours off season, the craziness of Black Friday and the holidays, staying until the wee hours of the morning to do floor sets (which I don't mind), and not much job advancement (though I did see a fellow employee move up to a management position when another manager left).
Pros
Great environment, amazing coworkers and management, $10/hr
Cons
Few hours off season, sometimes stressful, little job advancement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHSeptember 22, 2016
They have entirely too many employees, yet they are still hiring.
I was only employed here for 3 weeks, and I only got to work a 2 and a half hour shift.
They cut every.single.shift that I was scheduled to work, so I got fed up and quit.
Hours are based on your personal sales, but it is impossible to get sales and prove yourself when they don't let you work.
Do not work here, ever. It's a complete waste of time.
Pros
The employees were nice, decent pay for a retail job.
Cons
They don't give you any hours, and what you do get, they cut.
Good Products, not a great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
There are never enough people working for the work load. The company is more worried about selling the products they want to sell instead of what the customer is looking for. There are never enough hours for the workers, only for the managers. The poor managers work like dogs. The co-workers were fine. The hardest part of the job is to witness the stress they put on the managers.
Pros
The 30% employee discount
Cons
The lack of hours for sales staff
high pace, fun work environment, continued training, free gradis on new products, flexible scheduling
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDSeptember 22, 2016
Thus was the most fun job I've ever had. All the girls had amazing chemistry and respect for each other. Everybody was very helpful to each other, not a competition. No caddiness. They provide ongoing training as well as free gratis on new launch products. Scheduling was always up to me. I could work as many or as little hours as I wanted l. Bath &Body Works goes down as one of the most memorable jobs I've ever had. I'm. Planning on going back for the holidays.
Pros
most fun job Ive ever had, everybody got along great as well as having respect for one another, free products, flexable scheduling
Cons
wages
Fun and Relaxed Atmosphere
Cashier/Team Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2016
I absolutely loved working at Bath and Body Works. You definitely have to be ready to be on you feet for long periods of time, as well as quick customers as they are there to get products and enjoy the rest of their day. Co-workers were awesome and were enjoyable to be around. Hardest part of the job would be the holidays you work on. Though you should know that you need to be fast paced ready when applying.
Quality clothes
Assistant Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDSeptember 20, 2016
Very decent children's clothes and with varies of choices. Great discount when there are sales deal. Its also has any fun area for kids to play when parents are shopping. Every parent should shop at Gymboree!
Great place to work and acquire skill.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Great place to work at and acquire management skills that prepare you for multiple situations. Great staff and great motivation to work and get things done.
Great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mesquite, TXSeptember 20, 2016
They always hire people that will always get the job done. The employees always make it a good environment not only for the customers, but for their coworkers as well so everyone can enjoy their time there.
Christmas Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDSeptember 20, 2016
I worked here for the Holiday rush. Enough said, I enjoyed working with the new products and working with the customers to have them try new things. On average the conditions were adequate and I enjoyed my time there. But I would never work there during the holiday season again. There was little organization and poor hours.
Pros
Trying Products
work ethic
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 20, 2016
Horrible to work for, they have hired new upper management and all they care about is running people out that they feel are stale to them. Have no regards for the core values of the company or who they hurt along the way.
It was a very great energenic place
Stock and Sales (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 20, 2016
My typical day at work i would say not bad at all making sales and meeting great costumers. I learned a lot about different fragrances and body lotions. Management was very helpful. As for my co-workers we all worked well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing how to help costumers find what they want so that everyone goes home happy.
Great Job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Astoria, NYSeptember 19, 2016
I absolutely loved working for Bath & Body Works. I love all the smells and the wonderful people. The store was always busy, so I was never bored. The demand wasn't too much, just do what you got to and you'll advance quickly with the company