Bath & Body Works

2.0K reviews

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Lovely Personalities And Great Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Huber Heights, OHAugust 30, 2015
Pros: discounts on smell goods
Cons: sometimes not meeting sales goals
here the ladies treated me with such care and compassion it was a great time, they understood, actually took the time to show me how to do things
It was a job
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Dallas TexasAugust 28, 2015
District manager did not support the store. Team members were climbing over one another to make goals. Promotions are hardly handed out unless you are favored.
Its retail
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Montclair, CAAugust 28, 2015
Not a place to have a career too focused on forcing sales. Opportunity for advancement is if your a favorite of the managers
BBW Life
Keyholder (Current Employee), PAAugust 27, 2015
Long days that consist of customer interaction in regards to selling and making sure that they find everything to their liking. Stressful all depending on the day; however, most associates/ managers are very chill and can help when in need of assistance.
Great Place Great People
Seasonal Help (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAAugust 27, 2015
It was fun to work at because I liked to educate people about products. Especially products that can make them feel better about themselves.
Excellent Place to work, good benefits, great pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Dallas, txAugust 27, 2015
Pros: 30% off of products
Cons: short breaks, standing all day
I love working at Bath and Body Works, the employees are great and there is always room to grow to a higher position in the company. A typical day at work would be assisting customers with their individual tastes whether they want something for the home or for themselves. Ringing in customer and discussing deals and promotions going on for that day or week. Management is great they work very well with your availability whether you're in school or you have another job. The co-workers are friendly an willing to help whenever you need it. The hardest part of the job would have to be trying to explain the promotions going on that day because the customers get confused. The most enjoyable part of the job is when some one is so excited about what they have just purchased.
n/a
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXAugust 27, 2015
This was a good first job. Hours were good at first but then they were cut drastically and they did not work with my college schedule.
Meeting new people !
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Foxborough, MAAugust 26, 2015
Bath and Body is a great company to work at ! I enjoyed it a lot and the benefits are great! Very flexible with a work schedule. The staff was alright but everyone was pleasant. Meeting and greeting people was delightful!
Life as a Student and a Manager
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee), Jackson, TNAugust 26, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, fun, lively environment, great products, great hours, works around your schedule, room for advancement
Cons: working holidays, long hours, rude customers, not a very good work/life balance
Bath and Body works is such a fun job. I loved the products and still use them today! I was definitely passionate about selling because I knew how great our products were, it made it just too easy! Being a manager was fantastic. The only downside was that I was a student and I could not devote my life to the store. I was working hard, long hours and barely had time for studying at all. Bath and Body works is a wonderful place for someone looking for a solid, long-term position and a place to grow and advance. I did that, and I could have gone further in my career there but my heart's desire was to work in a lab and to finish my degree. Bath and Body works gives you all the tools you need to be great, they are constantly encouraging. They work around your schedule which made it ideal for me as a student until it became too much as a manager. If you are a hard worker you will never worry about having too few hours! Because it is retail, working Holidays was not that great, and impossible to get off, especially as a manager. I still refer to the store as "we", it was definitely a home away from home!
Fun to work for the holidays
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brandon, FLAugust 25, 2015
Pros: candy, hours, 10% off at Victoria Secret
Cons: manager
Bath & Body Works is a fun place to work for the holidays and you received a free gift too! The company itself is an okay company to work for.
Great company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lavale, MDAugust 25, 2015
A typical day at Bath and Body Works was enjoying the day helping out customers and picking out the perfect product for them. The company is wonderful! My managers were amazing, helped me whenever I needed and worked around my college schedule.. which helped a lot!
Perfect part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Waco, TXAugust 25, 2015
Worked as a sales associate during college and it was the best experience. The co workers were wonderful and the understanding about flexible schedules.
sales assiciate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: The customers
Cons: The perfume could get a little strong
A typical day i would walk in door clock in and start stocking in the back. If the back was done, then if the front needed to be stocked i would restock the front. After the front was restocked I then would help customers and work the front and ring out customers. I would then test or sell merchandise (products) to the customers. The most enjoyable day though was when the new product would come in and you would be able to try it on your self and the customers and actually be excited to do it.
Very Fun Place to Work.
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee), Grand Junction, ColoradoAugust 24, 2015
I enjoyed working with all the great employees. High paced environment. Most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know the customers and their particular needs.
review of work
Assistant floor (Former Employee), Laredo, TXAugust 24, 2015
Pros: a good time and always smells good
Cons: No breaks
came and stood at the time he had attended such a day to work and after I knew the front accommodate things such as filling shelves where missing creams, soaps or perfumes, talk about the deals that had the store with customers and obviously always help. I learned importania to have a job and earn the money for yourself, my former colleagues I can only say they were nice people and therefore never saw a difficult side to work there because it was a very quiet and nice place.
Positive and open work environment with safety at most importance!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Two 15 minute breaks, positive people
Cons: On my feet all day
After clocking in, you are always informed of the previous day and how the store is doing. I've learned how to do specific techniques of selling such as demo-ing. My coworkers are friendly and non-judgmental. They help you out whenever you need it and we always work together to create a positive and great environment for our customer. The hardest part of my job would have to be the shipping and stocking. Changing signs and doing floor sets can also be difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job at Bath & Body Works is just showing up and working in a lovely, positive envrionment.
Temporary
Team Member/Retail (Former Employee), Saint George, UTAugust 20, 2015
Pros: umm
Cons: everything
Not worth $7.50 an hour. The environment was rude, management was hard to work with, and they usually kept more people than they needed for one task, and not enough on other days.
Great Enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Athens, TNAugust 20, 2015
I loved my manager so much that I considered her like a family member and I'd recommend other to work for Bath and Body Works anytime and any day.
FUN Workplace!
Sales Leader (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free Scents
Cons: No Comission
I loved working for this company.. You have to STOP DROP AND SELL. Engage with the customers, show them what's new! The customers are always so excited to come in the store.
Productive, organized, retail experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free products
Cons: Mamagement, short hours, have to work against your co workers
Typical work day includes, organization, and selling
I learned proper retail skills
Management didn't even want to work there so it wasn't a great time under them
had to work against our co workers in a competition for more hours so didn't really get to enjoy them
Hardest part was working hard with almost no chance of promotion
The most enjoyable part was the people who came in happy to be helped and eager to buy new things
Headquarters