Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 2,615 reviews matching the search
hard to work for.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 7, 2016
The company is extremely high demanding company, with very low pay. The enjoyable part is that they do compensate you with gifts when they launch new products in store. so you feel that it makes up for the lower income you recieve
Pros
lunch breaks, flexability
Cons
highly demanding, low salary
Fun and Easy
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCDecember 6, 2016
Very easy going company. Lots of fun to be apart of the brand. Hated leaving it when I did. Great core values and team members.
Pros
Discounts and Freebies
Cons
Sometimes Unrealistic excpectations
Fun and energetic place.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLDecember 6, 2016
I worked as a sales clerk part time. Very flexible hours. Friendly and helpful people. Great products. Many opportunities for advancement if you want to work for it.
Pros
Great customer service learning experience.
Cons
You will have to stand all day.
Not very fun, and very rude.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jeffersonville, OHDecember 6, 2016
Very unprofessional. All the employees are rude and talk about one another. A lot of cursing, yelling at all the new people, putting them down. Would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
dealing with rude people
Team was helpful, management was supportive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GADecember 6, 2016
Great company to work for! Incentives for goal meeting and always a chance to advance. I was only a temporary seasonal worker but enjoyed every minute of my job!
Fun and Exciting
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALDecember 5, 2016
Lots of excitement daily. I learned how to be a leader and not a manager. The hardest part was when the company changed to working on Thanksgiving Day. The most enjoyable part was my employees and customers
Pros
Incentives
Cons
The way management treat employees
Great company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 5, 2016
Nice management. Polite employees. Good atmosphere. Nice benefits and employee discounts. I loved being apart of the team.
Productive and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCDecember 5, 2016
A typical day at work was to go inside clock in get your apron and ask what position you were at on that day. I learned how to scan coupons for the merchandise and I learned how to advertise the product. The management was great they showed you what you needed to do if you didn't know how to do it and my coworkers were friendly and they also helped you if you needed any help. The hardest part of the job for me was greeting people and telling them about the product because I was shy, but once I got the hang of it, it became easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was just coming in and working and meeting new people.
Blast
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2016
• Coach, train and develop associates and managers on best practices in retail management and customer experience.
• Responsible for meeting and exceeding company sales, credit, conversion and quality goals.
• Accelerated training and development programs for a staff of 25 associates.
• Delivered a great customer service experience in the store at all times.
sucky place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VADecember 5, 2016
complicated. poor management. to many managers. gotta work at 2 stores back and forth all day. hours are inconsistent. They will snowball you and ruin you. they will just stop putting you on the schedule and begin to ignore you. they give no reason. they just fire you without telling you.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
two stores, running you ragged, short breaks, complicated, to many managers, fire without reson or notice.
Too much pressure
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 5, 2016
It sounds easy to sell products but most of the time managers put alot of pressure on you to sell. If you miss a customer, the assistant managers get upset. Sales are taken away from you at times. Dont really train you, just throw you out on the floor to learn for yourself.
Pros
discounted store items
Cons
too much pressure to sell
Amazing products
Assistant Store Manager/Sales (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WADecember 5, 2016
Love, love the products and my customers, We always had the happiest customers. I enjoyed introducing customers to new products and getting them as excited as I was about them.

I loved working in different locations, meeting new co-workers and new clientele.
Pros
Great deals on products.
Cons
No breaks.
Overworked and ridiculous hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 4, 2016
I got this job in hopes of just getting some extra cash for the holidays while I was in school. Worst mistake by far.. and before I go on about my post, I just want to be clear.. I enjoy working, I had two jobs at one time for over 8 years.. so Im not one of those that hops around jobs. With that being stated, I have never put my two weeks in so fast!

First off, I could not see my schedule for the first 2 months... so most of the time they would call me with my schedule. So I could not request off, nor could I see when I had to work and one time I even got in trouble for not coming in for a shift that I had no clue about. Secondly they love just adding hours to your schedule and keeping you way over when your supposed to be off. I would never complain about hours because I need them but when you working originally 6-12am and then stay til 1ish and then have to be back there at 7 am.. really.
Also, I never got break, I was never trained properly on anything and I did EVERYTHING "WRONG"... everything!!! It was like a mind game with that place. I would think I was doing great and to be told I was going to "slow" or this was not perfect enough to their standard.

Its unorganized, chaos and the things they ask you to do in unrealistic. Like make a display with no supplies and have it done in 2 hours... but again half the stuff is missing.

The last part is that the managers sit and talk about the employees in front of them or not so much in front of them but you can clearly hear them inside the overstock room.

I will give it this... I enjoyed knowing when the great
  more... deals were and getting 30% off.... other than that it clearly isnt my thing.  less
Pros
30% off product.
Cons
crazy hours, no breaks, hard on the body.
It was a good ride.
ASM/Acting Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 3, 2016
I was with Bath and Body Works for a long time off and on. I was around for a lot of changes. Some good, some I don't think were so good. All in all the for the most part I loved working for the company and had a great ride. Some leaders weren't helpful or supportive in my growth and development, which hurt me, but others were and they are still in my life today.
fast paced and challenging environment but not well managed
Floorset team member/sales associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXDecember 2, 2016
During my time at Bath and Body Works - Seguin I was able to advance my customer service skills and experience by working during and after store hours. The work was challenging but it was less enjoyable due to the lack of experience and/or skill by no less than 4 managers during my 1 yr with the store. The store was overcrowded and the storerooms were poorly organized on a consistent basis. My least enjoyable experiences with the store consisted of being given shifts that would last into the early hrs of the morning on school days after having notified the manager early on that school was a top priority.
Pros
great opportunities to advance employment and learning experience
Cons
poorly managed; disregard for employees time out of store
Enjoyed This Work Place
Replenishment /Cashier/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Milpitas, CADecember 1, 2016
Typical Day Working at Bath and Bodyworks Was Awesome All The Employee Were Great To Work With If I Didn't Understand Sometime They Would Kindly Help Me. The Hardest Part Of The Job Was Sometimes Moving The Boxes To Their Right Place But Other Than That I Love This Job And I Really Enjoyed This Work Place And I'm Hoping I Get Another Chance To Work At Bath and Bodyworks Again.
Pros
Teachable Fast Learner Punctual Self Motivated Team Player
Cons
Overanalitical Of My Work Performance Working Late To Complete a Task
Loved it
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARDecember 1, 2016
was one of my favorite jobs just wasnt what i wanted as a longterm job, good pay hours just kind of suck, except during the holidays the pay was really good during holidays, also to much constantly changing as far as corporate goes
fun people, but a lot of heavy lifting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCDecember 1, 2016
The job itself is pretty fun, but there is a lot of running around/ lifting heavy boxes. Always wearing a white shirt is not very enjoyable, but being able to sell fun items is always a plus.
Pros
30% off, $10.00 an hour
Cons
heavy lifting, not fun dress attire
Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flatbush, NYNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed working there amazing people , great staff and employees. Had a wonderful time learning new fragrances and how to interact with people.
Pros
perks was amazing, pay was good and managers was very professional
Cons
managers forcing you to smile
Retail
Sales Associate and Replenishment (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 29, 2016
A retail job that had it's ups and downs. The environment was fun and and never boring but the hours were very inconsistent and entirely based on how much money the store has made which gave very little financial security.
Pros
Fun work place
Cons
Financial instability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.