Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,448 reviews matching the search
when I was there, they used you like work horse and changed assistant managers on you so quick your head was spinning.
Shop Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 23, 2017
The company expected to much out of the managers. i cannot imagine having a family. Back when i worked there, they owned you. So many rules, regulations, memos , staff changes, floor changes. Just all way too much!
Pros
discount/ friends I made I still talk today
Cons
to many changes, turnovers, work, Floor sets until 3 am.
Fun and easy going workplace
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the atmosphere of Bath & Body Works. I had mostly great managers. It was a very easy going staff and it made selling a very natural, organic and fun process.
Pros
Actual objective of work is non-stressful
Cons
Poor upper management, hours
Prepare to sell your soul
Head Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 23, 2017
Shifts at BBW were scheduled with defined days, and on-call days. If you were scheduled for an on-call shift, you had to go in if you were needed. That means that you couldn't plan anything outside of work during those times. Floor sets were overnights and most of the time, completed with only the security lighting on. Management was very lazy at the store I worked at, the assistant manager was overworked and the store manager was always on the phone. When the key-holders were in the store, they were also on their cell phones or sitting in the back throughout their shifts. LP is also an issue, as for most places you are not allowed to confront a person who is suspected of theft until someone at corporate reviews the cameras.
Pros
Gratis-free products
Cons
Shift variances
ok
Sales (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 23, 2017
bath and body works is an okay establishment I have currently been there for almost 9 months the managers are really fun outgoing and laid back. I would totally recommend this to a friend
fun workplace
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2017
fun workplace, got along with coworkers, flexible schedules. Manager is super nice works with my schedule. Cashiering is the most easiest for me as well as stocking.
Pros
felible hours
Cons
small shifts
Chill environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 22, 2017
Must be full of personality, when given enough hours this is a great job with a good atmosphere, but depending on the location you are going to struggle getting shifts
Great place to work but not enough hours
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 22, 2017
I loved the environment working here. Although, if you are a person that needs the job and needs the money you don't get enough hours. As a sale associate I mean. If you are a part of management you will get hours. A sale associate only get hours during semi annual sales, Black Friday, or any major holidays where the store is its busiest. If you are looking for a job just to work for some experience or a seasonal position I totally recommend. The pay is decent for a sale associate position but not if you are only working 4 hours every blue moon. This is my opinion and I hope this helps someone!
Pros
4-5 hour shifts, diversity, great enviroment, good pay, can use discount at VS & Pink
Cons
Not guarenteed hours
Awesome Hospitality and Fun.
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ALJuly 22, 2017
I've learn something from each one of the current jobs listed; From Hospitality, multitasking, and independents. I have so much growth over the past. Years and months, I could really conquer anything.
Pros
Discounts, Double shifts, etc
Cons
No breaks, unorganized
Loved the product
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calumet City, ILJuly 21, 2017
Enjoyed building rapport with clients. Great product and I love the new products that are out now. Sales process builds confidence in approaching customers.
Bath and body works
Sales Associate- Top Seller (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 21, 2017
i worked for Bath & Body Works for a year and a half, pay is great for retail but i was Top Seller in my store and i felt i wasnt paid what i deserved.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
no benifts
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJuly 21, 2017
Bath and and body works is a good first job and also a part time or seasonal job. Management is good as well the will work with you and work around other schedules.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
seasonal or part time
Do yourself the favor and don't work here.
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 21, 2017
I was under the impression that as a part time cash lead I would get around 20 hours a week when in reality I get 20 in two months. The workers are fake and could care less about anyone but themselves. I couldn't get any hours when I asked for them, yet they're hiring. Just go ahead and find another job if you're looking to actually work.
Pros
Discount is alright, never get bored at work.
Cons
No hours, too much to do, work is unfair and work load is too heavy.
Stock room
Stock Room Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJuly 20, 2017
• Maximize company sales growth and profitability by supervising, coordinating, and executing all activities associated with merchandise arrival, shipment, delivery, storage and inventory within the designated business
• Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
• Communicate with the store director managers concerning the department’s ongoing status, including successes, problems and planning.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 19, 2017
The management at my store has always been very kind and they have been some of the best management teams I've had the pleasure of working with. The whole team is nice and works together in order to have a smooth work day.
best job ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 19, 2017
best job fun place to work great company to work for.

during the holidays they give there employees chances to win free stuff the discount is great an can also be used at Victoria secret and white barn. an a few other smaller businesses
Pros
free stuuf, great boss/co workers love the product
Cons
short brakes
Nice calm and Friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clifton Park, NYJuly 19, 2017
The small store I work at has a great staff.
I've learned by working there that customer are in a better mood when they are being taken care of which this store does.
They really try to go the extra mile to make the customer feel welcome and cared for. The hardest part of this job would have to be getting sales. You cant force someone to buy something if they don't want it. Which doesn't always happen but sometimes it dose. The most enjoyable part of a typical day at B&BW is when you meet a customer who is having a bad day and can't find what they're looking for. When you are able to help them and in going the extra mile for the customer you have shown them not only that you care about them but you also care about what you do.
Pros
the people that work their are amazing sweet and caring
Cons
conversion
It was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJuly 18, 2017
The workplace was okay. It wasn't extremely fun to have to always be picked to clean while closing but someone had to do it. I learned that returning an item is a long process. My coworkers were fairly decent, but majority could be considered rough around the edges. If you keep to yourself you should be fine.
It was an okay place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 18, 2017
Wouldn't recommend working here because one of the managers was very unfproessional towards a specific situation I had. The rest were very kind!! It's a large store that you're divided working sides and sections but sometimes it can be overwhelming.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Overwhelming/large store
by far my favorite job
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJuly 18, 2017
when i was hired on to work here i was ecstatic! it was so great to work at one of my favorite stores. the work atmosphere was amazing and so were all of my coworkers. i really enjoyed getting up for work even if i had to be there at 4am. seeing satisfaction on customers faces was only one of the most pleasing factors of the job. i would work here again in a heartbeat.
This job was all sorts of lovely
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 18, 2017
Though I only worked here for a few months, the company and managers really value your work and effort. They even give you free things to try out and you get to learn really all there is to know about the products and how to sell it. It was a nice job to have and it had benefits.
Pros
Free gifts and good discount
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.