Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 2,510 reviews matching the search
Great experience, not always great at follow up.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Bath and Body Works; the clientele is (for the most part) enjoyable, and I have fun with my coworkers. This was my first Holiday experience with the company, and it was -to say the least- intense. Lbrands as an entirety is very numbers focused, and there was a lot of pressure for us to make our Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly goals, and this has helped me to better my selling effectiveness as well as my management style. Before the actual Holiday season had started, I had been talked to about a promotion to Assistant Manager in another store, however, I have not heard anything since. I am learning how to better manage a store, how to execute flawless (or nearly there) brand standards, and how to select proper staff to uphold our company policies, and I would love the opportunity to move onward and upward, however, I have not been given an environment in which my superiors are willing to teach me how to move on.
Pros
Great experience, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours, biased managers
Great starter job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2016
If you're looking for something as a filler to pass the time or something in between jobs or holiday help, this is for you. If you are looking for a career choice and make a living, unless you are in upper management, (a salaried position) there are no benefits, pay is low even for experienced individuals, hours are never guaranteed because they base scheduling on SPAH. Really makes the employees compete against each other and not a friendly work environment kind of way.
Pros
above minimum wage pay
Cons
SPAH based scheduling/ no benefits
Fun and energetic work envirnment.
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 22, 2015
At Bath and Body works I started as a part time sales associate and ended my career with the company as a customer sales lead which is a management position. I enjoyed interacting with our customers and working with my colleagues. During the time i worked there I learned how to open and close the tills on my own, and also how to open and close the store as the only manager on duty.
Pros
working with people, fun atmosphere
Cons
not fill time, no benifits.
Fun Workplace, Great for New Workers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 5, 2016
I love my job. I've been a fan and frequent shopper of Bath and Body Works much longer than I've been part of the team. But I'd have to say I enjoy my job primarily because of the people I work with. My coworkers and management, from my supervisors to the DM are awesome to work with and I've learned so much. With Limited Brands Co. I've built upon my knowledge of teamwork, learned concepts on driving sales, giving the ultimate customer experience and the ins and outs of working in this kind of retail. The hardest part of the job personally, is consistently making sales to meet our personal sale quota. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be experiencing new products, organizing them and being able to share all of these with the customers.
Pros
Free product as reward for meeting certain goals
Cons
Hours dependent on SPAH
Excellent people who worked hard to please and serve excellent people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2016
Management was very understanding and typically I would clock in and look for my daily task on the board at back while I listened to the cheerful voice of whatever Manager was there that day tell us about the quota's we'd met or were trying to meet. The hardest part of the job was balancing it with school work but I was sure to make it work for me. The most enjoyable part was the people I met either as customers or as co-workers. I would work here again if permitted. I learned time balance and many other skills such as time management, people's skills, etc.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Tricky hours
Great place to grow your skill sets
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 26, 2015
A great place for anyone with the pace and energy to keep up with the fast pace, especially in a high volume location. My management team was great, and I loved my co-workers. It's easy to reach up to higher management if there is an issue, as they are not "stand-off-ish" like some management in bigger stores can be. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work-life balance (if you don't put open availability on weekends and holidays, you won't be scheduled). The most enjoyable part of the job is learning skills that you can take to pretty much any field and making fun of customers in the back room. It's as good as it gets for a retail gig!
Pros
highly desirable compensation, motivation, gratis
Cons
work/life balance
The Culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2015
The 5 years I was with the company, I did not stay because of the pay. I stayed for my coworkers and team that I was able to work and thrive with. The culture that Bath & Body Works brings is a friendly and safe environment to practice all sale techniques. The management teams are developed to help the associate excel and grow as a sales member. The dynamic of the management team was interesting in that all parts of management was accounted for their daily, weekly, and monthly goals. It was an openly learning culture that allowed management coach associates and associates were able to coach up.
Pros
Coworkers (team), usually flexible in days off, smells good
Cons
No benefits. Hours were inconsistent
Pays nicely, but hours are low
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
When I first started working at Bath and Body Works, I was getting at least 20-30 hours a week, which was great since the pay was $10 an hour and I could afford rent easily. But after awhile, when they began to hire more staff members (when they really didn't need to), I went from 20-30 hours, to maybe 5 hours a week if I was lucky. Hours were also based on how well you did at selling. Since it was my first time being a sales person, I wasn't particularly the best at it, so they gave me even less hours from there. I eventually had to give my two weeks since it wasn't financially assisting me anymore.
Pros
The pay is nice, free fragrances! (sometimes). 30% discount off what isn't already on sale.
Cons
Horrible hours, management was poor, payroll was always cut short.
Great working environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJFebruary 1, 2016
I love going to work and seeing what manager I get to work with. All of them are great people and have outgoing personalities and are relaxed. They are easy going and they are a lot of fun to work with. I get to work with customers that come in and help them look and hopefully get what they need. The hardest part of my job is trying to get people to let me help them. Most of the time they are against us helping and what to do everything on their own but we need to help them. That's how we get hours. We keep track of who's helping who and our hours are calculated that way. The best part of my job is working with a great management staff and awesome co-workers.
Pros
half hour lunch and 15 minutes breaks (if working more than 6 hours)
Fun work place
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 2, 2016
I originally was hired as a seasonal employee at Christmas time. The management and staff were so easy to work with and aided in the understanding of the huge variety of products. By the time the season was over I was overjoyed to be asked to grand open a store one town over. Once we were opened this company had so many opportunities to move up that I was in management within months. This store worked as a team or family unit. We learned from each other on a daily basis and made great strides in customer service ratings. We did floor sets together, which usually lasted until the sun came up, but still were happy to see our finished product. I do believe the hardest part of the job was being promoted again but leaving to another store.
Pros
Enjoyable work place with great people
Cons
Retail scheduling; changing constantly
A rewarding fun job that helps in the growth of your career.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 8, 2016
Typical day full of laughter while you work on customer service, product knowledge, and store replenishing while achieving goals. The company teaches you to be a great coach and the value of customer service. Managers work as a team to achieve daily goals. The co-workers are just as capable of running the store due to the high level of accountability. The hardest part of the job is the product knowledge, but the tools that the company provides, assist you in making that opportunity into a strength. The most enjoyable part of the job is the products that the company provides to allow the employee to speak to the products to the customer. Also the cross discount at the Victoria Secret is awesome too. Overall best company to work for.
Pros
Products to test, Discount at Victoria Secret
Cons
Floor sets Labor intensive
Very high energy and friendly place of employment
Key Holder (Management) (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 8, 2016
A typical workday consists of reviewing sales of last year on this day and creating a daily conversion sales plan and plan of execution. teaching my associates the plan and have a fun filled day doing it. I have learned how to work with multiple personalities all while remaining neutral and able to direct any situation in order to fix a problem and maximize team effectiveness. The hardest part of my job is to properly align our merchandise on the sales floor and shelves other than that there is nothing I cant handle. The most enjoyable part is the meeting and greeting of customers and using my superb sales skills to encourage sales and direct them to new products. my co-workers are fun and bubbly such as myself so everyone gets along great!
Pros
40% manager discount
Cons
no discount on sale items
Great enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 9, 2016
My typical day at work is to great all customers, make sure they are finding what they need. Make sure every shelve is shocked from back to the front. Hand every customer a bag. Then watch the register for a customer to proceed to it. I learned to make sure every customer is being taking care of. I learned how to manage working with a customers question while I stock up the shelve. My co workers were nice, always checking up on each other. Usually It was only me and a manager. its usually how it is for everyone, they were really short on hours. The hardest part of my job is when a customer is unhappy, ways to make them feel better or something to replace with what they were looking for. I enjoyed my job because of all the different people I came across and the stocking.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Give you no hours!
Fun, Enjoyable, and Smells Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILOctober 5, 2015
I worked this job for a short period because I couldn't get used to all the smells and headaches, but it was so much fun while I was there. I loved setting up the next floor plan, and helping customers find the perfect scent for them. It gave great flexibility and job advancement opportunities. Benefits were wonderful with this company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the management was stern, but very nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits
Cons
short hours
Gained experience by giving customers excellent service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 28, 2016
 Extending customer service based on knowledge of products
 Responsible for till and transactions
 Arranged products in organized manner and cleaned the store
 Greeting each customer with a welcoming attitude

The hardest part of the job was not getting hours and I was expected to come in at late times such as midnight in order to organize the store. I was only scheduled to work 20 hours at the very most, and I was initially told that I would get at least 30 hours a week. I was also in school at the time so being called in late with no warning was impossible for me to do with a 7 a.m. class.

The easiest part of the job was maintaining the store in a professional manner. Organizing products was my favorite part of the job because I was very good at making everything look presentable.
Pros
Gained experience in customer service
Cons
No breaks, no benefits
Very associate friendly work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 30, 2016
A very up beat and nurturing work environment where we fostered The Total Customer Experience from the moment our customer walked in the door all the way through the checkout experience. This company provided us with every tool needed to make our customers day as well as create a great work life balance for our team.
While traffic patterns were difficult to predict and control we focused on the positive and controlled our conversion consistently converting 60% of our customers.
What I loved the most was coaching my team and watching them grow on a daily basis. I also enjoyed recruiting and training new talent and helping my district fill there openings.
Pros
Benefits, Incentives
Good employment for seasonal work
Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here around the holiday season where the work was fast-paced and hours were to be had. I was given the opportunity to continue on as a part time employee, however once the high sales season stopped, so did the hours. I started with an average of 15 hours a week and when I left I was averaging about 10 hours a month. With that being said however, the work was fun and easy and left time to socialize with not only your co-workers but guests as well. I didn't really enjoy having as many managers as there were because my work was effected by who was managing the segment. Everyone working there is really nice and easy to talk to, but unless you don't make the majority of sales in the day, don't expect to be there often.
Not Enough Hours, Cut Hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLJuly 11, 2016
BBW, I enjoyed working for this sister store of L Brands (I have for L Brands off & on for 20 years). Unfortunately, this last season, the support management staff became Unbearable. (Too many cooks in the kitchen.) I was continually literally yelled at for "wrapping" customers' purchases (when I was told to "always wrap", when asked by a customer.) I would be ask to stay longer (I always did), then come back from a break, then I was ask to leave because "They didn't make the sale goals." (Within 15/20 mins).... This past season at this store with this management's support staff & a few year around enployees were Completely Unbearable & Shockingly Hostile. Too bad, I've work for this same store for other seasons. This store manager needs to have take a long look at her support staff & replace most of her support staff.
Pros
Friendly Sale Staff
Cons
Coupons, Support Management Team, Devalued as a Seasonal worker.
Fun workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 21, 2015
Wonderful job to learn customer service as well as sales, stocking, and cashier positions. Hardest part of this job was providing customer service to clients from Mexico. Most enjoyable for me was re-stocking and organizing the stock. Co-workers were wonderful and helpful when I was new. Management was on leave, but assistant manager was wonderful with allowing for a flexible schedule.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
no benefits to part time or seasonal help.
Management can be a pain at times! They have their pick and choosers and thats how the hours are scheduled, sad but true!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 28, 2016
Some managers are only concerned with the numbers daily and not the well being of their employees...especially when their employees suffer traumatic experiences, they show no concern and if you request to a day off to deal with the matter at hand they will most likely use it against you later! Also management and associates will steal your sales and assign them to themselves in the system.

However I enjoyed the customers and helping people make selections and performing demos on customers of new fragrances and products! The company has the best fragrances at great prices!!
Pros
One of the highest paid retail companies at the time!
Cons
Management showing favoritism in giving hours, the SPAH which failes to show an associate real performance