Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,370 reviews matching the search
Best place ever
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, VAJune 24, 2016
This was the best job i had everyone was always so nice and not only did we get a sneak peak of the new products but we even got some to take home.
Pros
great enviroment to work in
Cons
Call in shifts.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work usually consisted of greeting customers and helping them find items they were looking for. I worked at the cash register a lot as well. When it was slow, I would restock items or work on keeping the store clean. All the managers were really nice and really helpful if I didn't understand something. I learned a lot about making sales goals and how to properly display and show customers how to use our products. The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours. It seemed that at the location I worked at, they would over hire and then give less hours to make up. The best part of the job was working with people who are just as excited about the products in the store as I was. It makes working fun and it's nice to know we were all there to help each other. I
Slow paced, and not a fun environment.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 22, 2016
The managers had their favorites, never worked for long shifts, I never felt included, I didn't like working there. The customers were very picky also, if you didn't get something right than they would get mad at you and not the company.
productive and fast pace work environment
Assistant Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJune 22, 2016
During a typical day, making our sales goal is the ultimate goal, a long with constant feedback from managers to associates and exceptional customer service.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2016
I was a Sales Associate, so I spent most of my time interacting with customers. I also spent time restocking shelves. My coworkers were very helpful and answered any questions I had. I learned a lot about retail while working here. It was a fun and friendly environment and I really enjoyed working here.
Great experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 19, 2016
Time taught me balance of customer relations and payroll management. Great company to work for and build relationships with internal and external customers
Great if you're a manager
Sales Associate/Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2016
I absolutely love the store, I often say they can't hire a person with a bad bone. Unfortunately it only takes two people to run a store, so hours are few and far between for floor shifts when you actually get to work with customers. And floor set hours are not fun when I was first moved to floor set we started at 5am and ended when the store opened. Thankfully it switched to close to 2am.
The people are always the best, both as in your coworkers who are all very quick to be compassionate and understand if you are having a bad day. But the customers (most of them anyway) are so loyal to the brand that they love when the associates joke with them and take them on a tour of the store. The hardest parts were either the really awful customers that sometimes come into a store, or, being on the floor on a slow day. My first day was black friday and I worked the opening and the closing shifts for black friday, after that, only seeing maybe one hundred customers in five hours is excruciating.
In short, if you want a fun seasonal job, this is a great place. If you want a job that you can rely on to actually provide an income consistently, look elsewhere.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, free snacks for morning meetings
Cons
Very few hours for non manager staff.
productive
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 17, 2016
busy helping customers finding what they are looking for and starting the opening and closing when you are key holder. customers are loyal and are enjoyable
Bbw
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 17, 2016
It was very informative. A true learning environment. The company invested time in training and developing their team.
Positive and motivating sales environment
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2016
Bath and Body works at the Fayette Mall in Lexington, Kentucky is an overall positive and motivational environment to work in!

Want to know more about Bath & Body Works?

Ask a question
Fun Place to work smell great day?
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 15, 2016
Very fun place to work you get free stuff and you smell good all the time. Love my co workers best j
Pros
Free products
Cons
No benefits
Productive, yet slightly unprofessional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2016
A lot of experience can be gained from working at Bath & Body Works . However, the work environment was slightly unprofessional .
Pros
starting pay at $10 per hour
Cons
Negative environment
Lying managers and coworkers who hate their jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 14, 2016
Managers are rude and called me a liar just because I helped people and they didn't see it so they didn't believe me. Says they are a "family" but in reality everybody hates the managers. Lead manager uses fear and threat of firing you to try and make you work harder. Will openly insult you.
Pros
Pay
Fun environment with positive attitudes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJune 14, 2016
organizing shipment of new merchandise, cashier duties, cleaning and organizing the store, co-workers were all positive and fun, hardest part was floorset (re-decorating the entire store until 4am), and the most enjoyable was meeting new people and being able to be yourself.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
not giving enough hours
Chaotic
Key Holder- Management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2016
This is a fast paced position always requiring you to be on your feet. As a key holder there can be a lot of pressure to keep the store fully functioning. The biggest issues I ran into at this position would be the drama and competitive nature associated with the position. You are responsible for maintaining selling goals per hour as well as managing other sales associates. However, you do get 30% discounts and also know when all the best sales are.
Pros
Discounts, ALWAYS smell good
Cons
Working weekends, Constantly on your feet, Drama
Great Place
Sales Associate/Temporary Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2016
Bath and Body Works is a great and fun place to work. They balance work and home life. Management provides you with the training needed to achieve you goals given to you. You will meet fun and interesting people everyday.
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 10, 2016
schedules are not flexible
management was ok
co-workers were fun to be around
customers are mostly fun, with a few angry ones
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2016
Great place to work. with a fun filled atmosphere. and there is plenty room for growth with this company. It did not take me long at all to excel in this company
fun and smelled great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 8, 2016
This was a great first job to have. It taught me a lot about people and customer service. Im glad I got a chance to experience this at such a young age.
Pros
discounts and money
Cons
customers and bad attitudes
Productive and easy going work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 8, 2016
I worked during the holiday time, very fast paste working to provide customers with their needs and wants. I learned how to multi-task as well as give instruction. The hardest part of the job was restocking everything while there is a rush of people at a certain time. The most enjoyable part was helping people and making suggestions of our new products so that their family could have an enjoyable holiday.