Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,191 reviews matching the search
n\a
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 22, 2017
supervisor and cashiering,merchandising,,unloading shipment , sales ,team work,it is a nice environment ,it is all about sale , engaging with guest to give the best customer service
Seasonal Staff only
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 22, 2017
Was hired on as a seasonal employee and not retained after the holidays. Work was busy and engaging, and organized the stock room during my time there. Main complaint was most of my shifts were called in last minute, instead of being scheduled.
Good Time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDMay 22, 2017
Selling product is the mission and goal.
Learn to be an good communicator with the customers.
Loved my bosses. They grind and struggled with us. No one was above the work. Hardest part was keeping up with the tempo. Things and people can be moving so fast you have to be mindful of the flow.
Hated it
Customer Service/Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 22, 2017
For a school kid who doesn't need much hours. They hire to much staff for one store and then give out little hours. That pay check is nothing when you have bills to pay and mouths to feed. I work there. Long time ago so hopefully it's better now.The staff is friendly the store is very clean it's a good atmosphere.
Pretty good for a short term employee
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MAMay 22, 2017
I took this job as a seasonal position and it was a lot to keep up with. My first shift was 8 hours on Black Friday, which was crazy. The only downside was that I was expected to stay hours after my shift to get other work done.
Current Employee
Top Seller (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 21, 2017
I am a current employee of Bath and Body Works and so far I like the position. I love learning new things about the products and the company. My manager is supportive.
Very fun and fast paced place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEMay 21, 2017
My favorite part of this job is helping customers find what they need either for themselves or for gifts. The product is something I can easily be behind and management will aid in you becoming an asset to the team.
Pros
Gratis, employee discount
Cons
Usually less than 16 hr work week
Nice place to make friends
Top Seller (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2017
It was a fun job where one would be able to communicate all day with customers. It was fun because one could make friends with strangers and they would come back to you and remember your name and their experience. Sometimes customers decided to want to be your outside of work and even brought holiday presents if you were diligent in your work. It was very fun because, at the same time of work, It was a fun time socializing.
Pros
Socializing, pay
Cons
uniform
Great Job, Terrible Management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAMay 19, 2017
Expect to be on your feet the entire time as it is fast paced. You need to be able to sell and up-sell, and be comfortable with demoing product on people. Coworkers were great with the exception of the retail manager. The manager would call sick on weekends and stay in the backroom for most of her shifts during the week. Several customers complained about the manager's attitude and snarky remarks towards them. The district manager did not listen to complaints but favored the manager.
Benefits
Working at BBW was great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 19, 2017
I loved working at BBW. The workers were so nice and so were the customers. Everyone was always willing to help if you needed it. They are also willing to work with your schedule.
Pros
Discounts on products
cultural
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crestwood, ILMay 19, 2017
The people and the environment was nice. My co-workers were welcoming and made you feel like they were proud to be apart of the bath and body works team.
Pros
discounted fragrances of all sorts
Fun for awhile
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 18, 2017
This is a good job to have in high school or college or if you just want to experience the holiday season and don't mind working Thanksgiving evening, Christmas eve, or New Year's.
Summer job opportunity.
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMay 18, 2017
● Responsible for daily organization and stocking of merchandise, maintaining store appearance, assisting customers with product selection, inventory control, and running the register (checking out purchased products)
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours based on sales
Fun for a temp job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEMay 18, 2017
I loved working there but don't apply for a temporary position if you really want to make money, I was there for 2 months and worked 4 times which was not worth it because I had to drive so far.

The environment was fun, management was great, and I loved smelling good after each shift. I didn't work enough to really learn things so it was kind of a struggle when you're busy and you don't know very much.

I did, however, take advantage of the discount because I love their products
Pros
Discount at BBW and VS
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced and fun!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kerrville, TXMay 18, 2017
More to this job than I anticipated. Overall, I learned how to sell and how competitive retail can be. This job was super fun and loved the team I worked with!
Pros
Free product, good benefits if full time
Cons
Different shifts every week
Seasonal
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 18, 2017
I go this job and it was so fun. I got to set up the store for the holiday and made it look beautiful. this job was tons of fun and was a bummer to leave.
Fun place to work in sales
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 18, 2017
Working as an associate requires commitment and strong selling culture. Working as management requires the same but also more of a time commitment and completely open availability including holidays. There are no 9-5 jobs here at Bath and Body Works.
Pros
great discount
Cons
no healthcare except for full time employees (managers)
Customer service is #1
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCMay 18, 2017
The company is all about making sure the customers come first. Sales associates are trained to stop what they are doing and assist new customers that come through the front door. The team is amazing and they work with you in all aspects whether it is work-related or personal.
Its a very hard working place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 17, 2017
A typical day at was usually restocking products and balancing between helping customers and ringing up on register. The hardest part of the job was never getting off on the time you were supposed to.
Not for someone looking for a career
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 17, 2017
This job is for high schoolers wanting to earn a little money. Not a good fit for a career. I would not recommend this job if you actually want to make $$$.
Pros
Smells good
Cons
Pay, benefits, environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.