Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,225 reviews matching the search
Not a place for moving up within company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 28, 2017
Rearrange the store throughout the seasons on the body sprays, lotions, body creams, hand soaps, body gel, and candles. Taking down old promo signs and displaying the new ones.
Pros
pay was fair
Cons
hours
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TX 76135May 28, 2017
Great job if youre in high school and you only need a few hours.
Learned a lot about good costumer service and time management.
Great summer job too!
Pros
Free gift bags
Cons
Not enough hours
Rude employees, not organized, and not enough hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 27, 2017
Other employees are quite rude. Manager was unorganized and flaky. My first official day was on Black Friday. Worked about 4 or so days through out 3 months. Dress code was very superficial.
Upbeat nad fun place to work
Floor Set/ Selling and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 27, 2017
We are a team and we help each other out. I love working here. I love the management here. The hardest park of the job is not buying the entire store. The most enjoyable part about this job is the customers.
Fun coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 26, 2017
Culture was alright, I was not informed that I was a seasonal employee and was just left off the schedule after the holiday season. Management could have been better, and pay was okay for being my first job.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
poor management
Company pretends to care..... Not Really
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 26, 2017
I'd been with the company for a year and I worked at a flagship location. The stress levels are very high because the attention will always be on your store. 30 minute breaks. Floorsets are executed on days like Christmas Eve and Mother's Day which is not ideal for someone who likes to spend the holidays with family. Management really just depends on the people who are in the positions, some were great, others just did not belong in a management position. Best part of the job for me was helping customers and the gratis' (free items) given here and there.
Pros
Pay was better than most retailers
Cons
Short breaks, work on major days
Extremely Corporation run
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 26, 2017
It may have just been the store I was at but it was by far my least favorite job. The company was very stictly ran and I felt the way we were required to talk to customers was annoying. Management was unsympathetic and unorganized. For example my boss called me a different name almost my entire term there; I'd remind her my name each time and yet it still continued.
You can smell good at work all day long
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2017
I enjoyed how the store worked well as a team and was able to make sales fairly easily. The customers were always friendly and and the staff was always friendly as well.
I went from seasonal to part time
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 26, 2017
When I started at BBW I was seasonal. Once the holidays were over they asked me to stay on as a PT sales associate. I loved working here the management was great.
Pros
Employees
Cons
Floor sets ran super late
fun place to work at times, loved my co-workers
Key Holder Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 25, 2017
I loved my co-workers, the one thing I didn't like was that it wasn't consistent with hours or anything you did. the store manager always changed how stuff was done daily and how she did them verse you. Other than that it was a good place to work. I learned a lot more about customer service and a lot about managing a store. This was my first store I managed, I will say it was hard at times, especially when the store manager just threw things on you that you had no idea about but its a learning a process. I would work there again if I got the chance.
Nice, flexible
Floor Set & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Everett, MAMay 25, 2017
Bath and Body works is a nice retail store...don't have to deal with clothes and stuff. You get free samples whenever new merchandise comes out and its pretty easy to sell. If you love the store as a customer, its nice to work there as well.
A fast-pace enivironment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 25, 2017
You are expected to work on Sunday and are required to multi-task with the ability to still get everything done. It is very hard to get a raise there.
Very Enjoyable Place to Work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 25, 2017
Bath and Body works is filled with employees that are passionate about what they do. It is usually fast paced but very enjoyable. Working with the customers and being able to help them find what they need is the best part.
Super fun workplace
Associate/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 25, 2017
Great management, fast paced, and super fun workplace. Hardest part of the job is working the sales and holidays. It is the busiest store in any mall so the volume and workload is high.
Pros
Management, advancements, fun workplace, fun coworkers
Cons
weekend/holiday/sale volume, salary limitation at floor level
Hate it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 95815May 25, 2017
worst place to work. they wold always get mad if you need to readjust your scheduled because of school. the hours given were horrible. They would never let you sit at your break peaceful because they would count down the minutes.
Fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun working here they were awesome and them management was reasonable and caring. The atmosphere was always positive and they always made us aware of new products and sales everyday !
Pros
Mall location
Cons
Minimal hours
Was a solid place to work
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 25, 2017
It trains their managers with high expectations. The level of professionalism is inconsistent through out the country. The further away from Ohio, the less the client experience is expected.
Long hours, good enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 24, 2017
seasonal work was good money. However, were not very lenient when you needed time off when sick. The employs were, for the most part, friendly and easy to get along with.
Friendly and productive atmosphere with great pay!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 24, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed working as a Sales Associate at Bath and Body works. It is my job to welcome in customers, help them with any questions or concerns, process payments, answer calls, process and stock shipment, replenish products and help maintain cleanness of the store. I am also a part of the floor set team where I work alongside other coworkers to break down and set up new displays. The floor set hours can be strenuous, late at night and at times stressful, but I still like helping make the store look appealing. My manager, Kate, does a great job of keeping the store's energy positive and optimistic to guarantee we meet sales goals. She has also worked well around my class schedule during the school year and is very flexible. I enjoy the store's atmosphere, flexible work hours and the pay. While working here I am able to develop customer service skills, communication and problem-solving skills as well as how to create visual props to engage customers from a marketers standpoint.
Pros
flexible, good pay, friendly environment
Cons
heavy lifting, late nights (floor set)
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Trussville, ALMay 24, 2017
Bath and Body Works is an amazing company to work for. I learned a lot about customer service by working for this company. I enjoyed my coworkers and I enjoyed watching the store and the business grow through each new season.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval