Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,370 reviews matching the search
Great experience, not always great at follow up.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Bath and Body Works; the clientele is (for the most part) enjoyable, and I have fun with my coworkers. This was my first Holiday experience with the company, and it was -to say the least- intense. Lbrands as an entirety is very numbers focused, and there was a lot of pressure for us to make our Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly goals, and this has helped me to better my selling effectiveness as well as my management style. Before the actual Holiday season had started, I had been talked to about a promotion to Assistant Manager in another store, however, I have not heard anything since. I am learning how to better manage a store, how to execute flawless (or nearly there) brand standards, and how to select proper staff to uphold our company policies, and I would love the opportunity to move onward and upward, however, I have not been given an environment in which my superiors are willing to teach me how to move on.
Pros
Great experience, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours, biased managers
Great starter job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2016
If you're looking for something as a filler to pass the time or something in between jobs or holiday help, this is for you. If you are looking for a career choice and make a living, unless you are in upper management, (a salaried position) there are no benefits, pay is low even for experienced individuals, hours are never guaranteed because they base scheduling on SPAH. Really makes the employees compete against each other and not a friendly work environment kind of way.
Pros
above minimum wage pay
Cons
SPAH based scheduling/ no benefits
Very detailed instructions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Jumping from task to task on a daily basis. One minute you would be on the cash register than they want you to sell on the floor. They will give me a project to do but in between they will have me finishing other employee's task because they were leaving. I've learned how to multi task at this job. You never know what your job would be for the day. The hardest part is staying on top of your duties for the day as well as achieving other jobs in the process. The most enjoyable part about working there is gaining a relationship with your co-workers because that would make the atmosphere of the day go by so much smoother.
Pros
co-workers more like family
Cons
short breaks, barely any benefits, never leave the time your suppose to
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 2, 2016
Working for Bath and Body works is fun and can help with gaining experience. Responsibilities include restocking products, rearranging products and props in floor sets, maintaining a clean environment, and keeping customers engaged.
The hardest part of the job is making sure to sell as much as possible in order to gain more hours to work. The managers and supervisors are willing to work with you to help though. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with customers and the ability to be in a fun environment.
Benefits
Cons
Late hours for floorsets, somewhat commission based
Fun and energetic work envirnment.
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 22, 2015
At Bath and Body works I started as a part time sales associate and ended my career with the company as a customer sales lead which is a management position. I enjoyed interacting with our customers and working with my colleagues. During the time i worked there I learned how to open and close the tills on my own, and also how to open and close the store as the only manager on duty.
Pros
working with people, fun atmosphere
Cons
not fill time, no benifits.
Its nice if you like free stuff
Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 4, 2016
I liked working there at first and I loved everyone I worked with. its a very positive environment and the customers gobble the stuff right up! They love bath and body products I mean who doesn't! But as soon as the holidays were over I got no hours and didn't even get a chance to move up in the company. They don't offer full time or benefits and have stinky hours, most nights I worked they had me there till 1 or 2 am.
Pros
Free product and 10/hr
Cons
Stinky hours and treated like a bug
Fun workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 21, 2015
Wonderful job to learn customer service as well as sales, stocking, and cashier positions. Hardest part of this job was providing customer service to clients from Mexico. Most enjoyable for me was re-stocking and organizing the stock. Co-workers were wonderful and helpful when I was new. Management was on leave, but assistant manager was wonderful with allowing for a flexible schedule.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
no benefits to part time or seasonal help.
Great place to grow your skill sets
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 26, 2015
A great place for anyone with the pace and energy to keep up with the fast pace, especially in a high volume location. My management team was great, and I loved my co-workers. It's easy to reach up to higher management if there is an issue, as they are not "stand-off-ish" like some management in bigger stores can be. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work-life balance (if you don't put open availability on weekends and holidays, you won't be scheduled). The most enjoyable part of the job is learning skills that you can take to pretty much any field and making fun of customers in the back room. It's as good as it gets for a retail gig!
Pros
highly desirable compensation, motivation, gratis
Cons
work/life balance
Decent work, too much change
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 4, 2015
When I started with Bath & Body works, the idea was they would put me in a supervisory position once that seemed possible. However, in less than a month, the manage left the company, and what followed was a high succession of turn over. Many supervisors and managers left and opportunities became more and more limited. In all other respects, this was a lovely job to be part of. The changeability wasn't bad and I enjoyed trying new ideas and angles in the job as management directed. Displays needed to be reset regularly and that had an element of fun to it, and helping the customers find products was a wonderful thing to spend my work hours doing. Along with this, putting away product and lifting materials was a workout I usually enjoyed and it was always possible to find a cart or a tote to assist with the load as needed. This was over all a great company to work for. It was only the high turn over in management that was unsettling.
Pros
Good breaks, nice location, good movement and potential to grow
Cons
no health benefits, not enough hours, high turn over and change in management
The Culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2015
The 5 years I was with the company, I did not stay because of the pay. I stayed for my coworkers and team that I was able to work and thrive with. The culture that Bath & Body Works brings is a friendly and safe environment to practice all sale techniques. The management teams are developed to help the associate excel and grow as a sales member. The dynamic of the management team was interesting in that all parts of management was accounted for their daily, weekly, and monthly goals. It was an openly learning culture that allowed management coach associates and associates were able to coach up.
Pros
Coworkers (team), usually flexible in days off, smells good
Cons
No benefits. Hours were inconsistent
Fun, Enjoyable, and Smells Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILOctober 5, 2015
I worked this job for a short period because I couldn't get used to all the smells and headaches, but it was so much fun while I was there. I loved setting up the next floor plan, and helping customers find the perfect scent for them. It gave great flexibility and job advancement opportunities. Benefits were wonderful with this company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the management was stern, but very nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits
Cons
short hours
Typical Retail Job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day at work entitles, greeting and engaging with customers, coaching associates on selling behaviors, tracking last year sales to current plan. Everyone participates in all roles, so you sell to customers, in between customers you stock merchandise and you ring up customers when there is light coverage. I have learned how to engage and sell products by the verbiage I use. I've also learned how to give praise and constructive criticism. Holiday is very intense and demanding so you learn to make quick and necessary decisions. You learn how to handle all kind of customers face to face, which helps in your ability to remain professional. The employees have always been great because the skill set needed for sales associates are usually easily seen in interviews. The hardest part of the job has to be working every holiday and weekend. There are certain blackout periods, you cant request off and if its any holiday weekend, expect to be there. It's almost as if you cant have any holidays to yourself because your expected to be available to work. And don't worry, you WILL get scheduled. Retail is not family friendly at Bath and Body Works because you don't get to enjoy the holidays with your family. We're open Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, etc. I've missed a lot of holidays and events with my small kids and family as a consequence. The most enjoyable part of the job is the discount you receive there and at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Great Discount, Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work all Holidays and weekends, Poor training of store management
loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 17, 2015
the job environment was amazing staff and customers were awesome. i begin very little leadership skills and how to work a cash register. i sold items to customers that they loved and would eventually come back to get more of over time.
Pros
great staff
Cons
poor hours no benifits
High energy and very happy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJuly 25, 2015
It's a high energy environment where we really want you to enjoy your work. Managers are willing to coach and role play with associates to get them comfortable selling to customers and increase performance. Job offers advancements for those expressing the willingness to take on the responsibilities.

Every branch has a different aura and setting based on your manager's style and the type of relationship coworkers foster within the work environment. As a sales associate, you'll learn how to give excellent customer service skills (varies based on management style), learn how to project a positive attitude while on duty, communication skills, and the ability to work as a team.

The job can vary depending on your preference to work more back room or the front lines, just talk to your manager about preferences or possibly how to step outside your comfort zone.
Pros
breaks/lunches; flexible hours; great first job to develop soft skills
Cons
no benefits for sales associates; hours can be based on performance
This was a good setting for interacting with the public.
Stocker & Inventory Organizer (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 12, 2015
I was involved in stocking the store's shelves, interacting with customers and assisting customers with their purchases. I also assisted with taking inventory, arranging and organizing merchandise so the store would be appealing to customers.
Pros
Interaction with customers
Cons
Lack of benefits
Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 19, 2015
It is a very fun place to work and management is very good. Hours are limited and based on how much money the store makes and how much products you sell.
Pros
Flexible hours and fair compensation
Cons
Limited hours based on employees performance
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2015
B&BW is a great place to work for those students who are looking for a part time job very flexible with your school schedule. Managers and co-workers are very easygoing and understandable. It is a team work environment where they all try to make the goal of the day and help you when in need. Weekends and holidays are hectic, but time flies! Some days become stressful especially when there is low traffic in the store. All employees are trained to handle any position.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unpredictable work hours, no fixed schedule, no benefits
Pays nicely, but hours are low
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2016
When I first started working at Bath and Body Works, I was getting at least 20-30 hours a week, which was great since the pay was $10 an hour and I could afford rent easily. But after awhile, when they began to hire more staff members (when they really didn't need to), I went from 20-30 hours, to maybe 5 hours a week if I was lucky. Hours were also based on how well you did at selling. Since it was my first time being a sales person, I wasn't particularly the best at it, so they gave me even less hours from there. I eventually had to give my two weeks since it wasn't financially assisting me anymore.
Pros
The pay is nice, free fragrances! (sometimes). 30% discount off what isn't already on sale.
Cons
Horrible hours, management was poor, payroll was always cut short.
Good Company
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALOctober 26, 2015
It's a great company. You get free product all the time. Manager and Co- Manager gets 40% off. You get a full benefits package with lots of PTO. With the right management, it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free product and great customers
Cons
Floor sets right before major holidays
great coworkers and great product
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2015
I enjoy the product we sell and the people I work with. I have a wonderful store manager. The sales are becoming more and more competitive with not much reason to it. I enjoy stocking and doing back room organization. The most difficult part of the job is trying to compete for sales when you don't have many hours to do so.
Moving up is very difficult to do, they prefer to hire externally.
Pros
great coworkers, store discount
Cons
no benefits