Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,328 reviews matching the search
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 21, 2017
started as seasonal and made it to regular staff after the holiday season. the manager was nice and fair on the schedule if you were one of her favorites and in her inner circle. if not it reflected on your weekly schedule. the company doesn't care about the employees they make the employees work floorsets on holidays ( christmas eve and mothers day..ect) late into the night to be able to bring out new products and for semi annual sale time.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
too much drama with managers and employees. very high school like enviroment
Great job
Bath and Body Works Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2017
This job definitely gave me experience in a different area that I didn't have before. They make sure that you stay busy and don't spend a lot of wasted hours doing nothing.
Seasonal Job to Part-time
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLJune 20, 2017
Started working at Bath and Body works seasonally and was asked to stay as part-time associate. Love all the great benefits with meeting new people daily and see returning customers. The best part is the team and leadership that always inspire positive feedback to make you a better person.
Pros
Benefits and Team work
Cons
not many hours
Alright, but no advancement
Mcallen - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 20, 2017
I enjoyed working there, but there was little to no opportunity to grow. Everyone is really nice and help you but the hours are not that great. Very little.
Bath and Body Works
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 20, 2017
I started as a seasonal employee and stayed through for a year. They did a lot of "call in" shifts so it was hard to plan whether or not you were going to be working that day or not.
Working at Bath and Body Works
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 20, 2017
A typical day at work wasn't too bad. You learned how to talk to customers and try to up-sell as much as possible.
I enjoyed everything but when they made me take out the trash and I was in the heat for hours. No one was letting me back in, and I came back in looking like a tomato.
Other than that, working there wasn't too bad.
Pros
At the mall, Always smelled good
Cons
Weird hours, where you didn't know if you worked or not.
Operates like commission without paying commission
Sales Associate/ Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 20, 2017
The selling culture at B&BW changed a lot over the 3 years I was there. Though I was the employee with the longest tenure at the store and had extensive product knowledge the focus changed in 2016 from keeping the atmosphere easygoing and fun to strongly sales-driven by assigning sales and only giving hours to the highest quota associate in our small store. I was below average most months and therefore asked to step down from management and was scheduled for no shifts for over 2 months, leaving me with no choice but to find a different job to pay the bills.
If you're really good at up-selling this can be a good job for you; they want the top seller to work full-time, but if you're a little shy about pushing extra product onto a customer like me, you should look elsewhere.
Pros
lots of free product
Cons
non-aggressive sellers will not be scheduled
My very first job at BBW
Cashier lead/Sales (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 20, 2017
My first real job and I enjoyed working there. The customers were awesome. Workplace culture was great. I always had fun at work. Gained a lot of knowledge on the do's and don'ts of retail.
Productive and competitive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 20, 2017
This job was very competitive and productive. We had a goal each day and did our best to achieve it. The environment was very fast paced, we always had a task to do.
Pros
Free food in break room.
Cons
Short breaks
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 20, 2017
BBW was a great place to work, besides having "on call" shifts, which I heard they got rid of since then. We would have contests to sell products and receive a free product for selling products. It was fun.
Pros
fun atmosphere. free products.
Cons
salary. long floor sets. black friday!
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 19, 2017
Flexible hours and fun merchandise to work with. Everyone was friendly and ready to teach new employees. The store always smelled amazing which made coming to work more enjoyable.
Pros
Coming to work and smelling good
Cons
Long hours for new setups
summary
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 19, 2017
Its a good job, but there are times when I personal don't want to be their because the management is not the best. Yes, there are pros and cons to everything I just feel I can do something in my field that I have studied for which is medicine.
Different from clothing retail
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 19, 2017
You learn how to sell body care, soaps, candles, and various other things that smell delightful for the body or house. Personal selling, especially giving product demos are strongly encouraged. One of the first things you'll learn is how to do a signature hand demo, which involves taking a customer's hand and massaging their hand and wrist in a signature collection body lotion. Some people are comfortable doing that, most are not.
Associates are told to tell customers their name almost immediately. That's because the associates' sales are tracked at the registers when the cashier asks "who was helping you today?". It's not commission based but it quickly gets competitive, stressful, and not all that motivating sometimes.
Scents are constantly changing and there's always a new seasonal collection every other month or less. Many times customers will get irritated that their favorite scent was discontinued and blame such a thing on the associates working in the store (who obviously have zero control over those decisions).
Pros
Learn how to sell fragrance, discounts
Cons
Competitve stressful environment
Not a good place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SCJune 19, 2017
Fear of being fired 24/7, everything has to be perfect no breaks really rude bosses, they only care about themselves. The management is corrupt as far up as district managers.
Pros
Free product once a month
Cons
No breaks, rude bosses, corrupt bosses, no job security
Fun and exciting attosphere
Sales Associate- shipping and recieving (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 19, 2017
Typical day at work: clock in. Seeing days duty. Typical duties: stocking, cashiering, customer service, shipment and sales. What I learned: working with fragrance and beauty products. Most enjoyable: shipment during holidays and being a part of the excitement.
Good Work enviornment
Full Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 19, 2017
Bath and Body works is a great company for new retail associates the company is constantly finding new ways to improve as well as reward their employees.
Good
Stock/Sales (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 19, 2017
There was always something to do everyday and there was a very loving environment. I really loved the job, especially as a college student. I was sad to leave due to me needing to be home for an emergency.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Didn't really give me a chance
Decent for entry level work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2017
Working here has helped me gain experience in customer service, which is essential to furthering skills needed to pursue other careers. Depending on the season, work is either incredibly busy or devastatingly non-existent. If you aren't looking for anything serious, then working at Bath and Body Works is a good option.
Pros
Free products, flexibility, great co-workers
Cons
No advancement, call-ins, few hours working
Life at BBW
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 19, 2017
A typical day at work easy going. I learned about the fragrances and what each of the are made of to make a specific scent. The management was pretty intact, the employees were nice. The hardest part of the job is to deal with all the customers when it is a holiday or when there is a sale going on. The most enjoyable part to me is helping someone get a gift for someone who has never shopped in the store and they get blown away by all the selections of the wonderful scents they could choose from.
Productive, fun
Key Holder Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2017
Very productive, very social, always helping out, always making sure customers needs are met. Making sure the store looks good! Very well mannered. Very nice place to work.
Pros
30 minute lunches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval