Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,470 reviews matching the search
Its not what they say its like
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAAugust 1, 2016
The company pushes you to become a cut throat seller and drive top SPAH. Failure to be top leader in store including managers will get you a write up and then will lead to termination. what ends up happening is everyone steals SPAH, instead of working together as a team you end up on survival mode.

The company states that they are about teaching and showing leadership buy that's not shown with the amount of turn around that company has.

They pay store managers well and offer a great bonus program but that's due to the fact that your drilled, pressured and expected to be the best.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
Company lacks unity
Fast pace and productive, team building environment
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 22, 2016
We had several different Store Managers come and go while I was working there and the moral with some of the store managers was not very high. The associates were dedicated and hardworking for me and I loved teaching and training them to help them grow. There was very little growth for moving up in the company because they would always bring from outside the company instead of looking within.
Pros
great team environment, Love the product and believed in the company
Cons
massive turnover with management and associates and very little growth with moving up in the company
Fun energetic work place with great products.
Shop Director/District Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 22, 2016
A typical day was ensuring the store was ready for business and the staffing was in place to take care of them. I learned a lot about seasonal scheduling with the peaks and valleys of a business like this. I had a super management team there that really made things click. The most challenging part of the job was handling the large amount of stock with a very small stock area. It taught me how to utilize every space possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and teaching employees.
Pros
Good work life balance. Work week was 40-43 hours.
Cons
A lot of weekends, but that is the business.
Fun and fast pace enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 18, 2016
Getting to work with a team of girls in the workforce was fun, creating bonds and friendships make a great day at work. Getting to show customers our new line of product and getting them to fall in love and buy. have to meet those sales. Management is very calm, collective, organized and friendly as well as understanding. I enjoyed floor sets on Sunday nights until 3 in the morning and eating pizza and snack provided by management during big sales and Christmas.
Pros
working with freindly and easy going coworkers
Cons
not getting enough hours
It was fun at first...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodcliff Lake, NJJuly 14, 2016
I love my job but change in management has made things difficult. If your SPAH is low, they won't put you on the schedule, but they keep telling you that they're going to put you on and they never do. I don't understand how your sales are supposed to go up if you're never on the schedule. It is totally counter productive. I like the environment, but some of the company policies are ridiculous. Or maybe its just the management thats ridiculous..
Pros
Discount at Victorias Secret and Bath and Body Works, decent pay
Cons
Amazing work, fun atmosphere, excellent management
Stocker, Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJuly 15, 2016
Days at work were flexible, management was always willing to work with different types of schedules, friendly environment(everyone that worked there was respectful, worked hard, and the shifts were always fun), I loved most every part of the job, but I especially loved the Inventory part. The customers were usually very friendly, and the pay was very good.
Pros
10 min paid breaks, flexible work schedule, great pay, great staff/management
Cons
hard to get full time unless during the holiday seasons
Ok job for part time workers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJuly 12, 2016
The company is great to its customers and great in its Philanthropic ties, but leaves much to be desired for a full time career. On each level of management, there is a lack of training. You are expected to do tasks that you were not taught to do without support from upper management. The turn over rate is outstanding because of the incessant write ups because of lack of support from upper levels of management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No work life balance
Good employment for seasonal work
Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here around the holiday season where the work was fast-paced and hours were to be had. I was given the opportunity to continue on as a part time employee, however once the high sales season stopped, so did the hours. I started with an average of 15 hours a week and when I left I was averaging about 10 hours a month. With that being said however, the work was fun and easy and left time to socialize with not only your co-workers but guests as well. I didn't really enjoy having as many managers as there were because my work was effected by who was managing the segment. Everyone working there is really nice and easy to talk to, but unless you don't make the majority of sales in the day, don't expect to be there often.
Fun place to work
CASHIER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 5, 2016
A typical day included engaging with customers, organizing scented items and reciting deals of the day. Being my first customer service job, I learned a lot about the basics that went into providing good customer service and being able to develop patience. The management was extremely helpful and friendly and I was able to learn quickly what was expected. The hardest part of the job was definitely dealing with the different scented items and perfumes. Over time the mixture of scent between all of the items would easily become overwhelming, which made it slightly difficult to breathe. The enjoyable part was being around products that I had personally used and loved.
Cons
Fumes, Smells from Perfumes
Great Place to work with plenty of perks!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 1, 2016
Limited Brands is a fantastic company to work for. They treat their employees very well and it's basically just one big family. The hours were standard, as well as the work. But there is heavy lifting involved and you have got to be a people person. The hardest part of the job is Holiday season, you've got shipment every day that has to be put away, floor sets are way more frequent, and customer flow is kind of chaotic. You've gotta be on your toes and ready for anything.
Pros
Gratis!!
Cons
minimum wage
Productive fun work envioronment
Sales associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  44th st and lexington avenueAugust 12, 2016
Busy all the time unless there's bad weather. learning product knowledge was very important. Managers were always giving feedback on your work, always watching. Co workers were pretty friendly but mostly to themselves. Hardest part was stocking heavy products constantly. Most enjoyable part was sampling all fragrances I wanted!
Pros
Favorite fragrances/ discounts
Cons
Long hours not enough pay.
Try it - it won't last
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJune 27, 2016
There is a reason there are 5 openings at the Briarwood Store. Manager is leaving, assistant is leaving, sellers, key holders - all leaving. It's a good job for about 3 weeks until the supervisors are talking in your earpiece every hour about how much everyone has to sell for the next "segment." That's good and well, but if no customers are in the store, it is impossible to get sales.
Pros
Some think free products are a pro, but I only like 2 of the scents
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced environment with great staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 2, 2016
Great first job. Fast paced and full of new experiences. As with any retail job, there were some interesting and difficult customers to deal with but it added to the experience. The co-workers were very helpful and directed me when i needed help. the hardest part of the job was not being able to help more people. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers, no matter how small the matter.
Fun, upbeat work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bradley, ILJuly 8, 2016
I love working at BBW! It's a very fun and friendly work environment. I do however wish that I got more hours. It seems like I get scheduled and then all of my hours get cut, then when I am finally scheduled and needed, its only for a couple hours and I live about 20 minutes away. Wish I got more hours because I really do enjoy working there!
Pros
Fun team to work with, gratis, 30% off L-brand products
Cons
never enough hours to work
Chaotic
Key Holder- Management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2016
This is a fast paced position always requiring you to be on your feet. As a key holder there can be a lot of pressure to keep the store fully functioning. The biggest issues I ran into at this position would be the drama and competitive nature associated with the position. You are responsible for maintaining selling goals per hour as well as managing other sales associates. However, you do get 30% discounts and also know when all the best sales are.
Pros
Discounts, ALWAYS smell good
Cons
Working weekends, Constantly on your feet, Drama
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work usually consisted of greeting customers and helping them find items they were looking for. I worked at the cash register a lot as well. When it was slow, I would restock items or work on keeping the store clean. All the managers were really nice and really helpful if I didn't understand something. I learned a lot about making sales goals and how to properly display and show customers how to use our products. The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours. It seemed that at the location I worked at, they would over hire and then give less hours to make up. The best part of the job was working with people who are just as excited about the products in the store as I was. It makes working fun and it's nice to know we were all there to help each other. I
Spah ratio
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2016
SPAH (Sales Per Average Hour) is overly stressful and does not show the true efforts put in to the positions. If you don't make the SPAH Ratio in a week you get a counseling and after the third, you could face termination. This doesn't work, because you may be scheduled on a slow day, or not at a register during a busy day, or the mall may not have any customers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Benifits, Poor Leadership, Overly Stressful Goals
Productive and easy going work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 8, 2016
I worked during the holiday time, very fast paste working to provide customers with their needs and wants. I learned how to multi-task as well as give instruction. The hardest part of the job was restocking everything while there is a rush of people at a certain time. The most enjoyable part was helping people and making suggestions of our new products so that their family could have an enjoyable holiday.
Loved the environment, scheduling and management not so much.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2016
It is hard to get hours. They schedule you when you aren't available and when you are available they don't schedule you but you will get phone calls to come in last minute. Some of the management is nice, but some expect you to do more work than them. I loved the product and selling but couldn't deal with the management.
Pros
Discount and Gratis
Cons
no hours
Great enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 9, 2016
My typical day at work is to great all customers, make sure they are finding what they need. Make sure every shelve is shocked from back to the front. Hand every customer a bag. Then watch the register for a customer to proceed to it. I learned to make sure every customer is being taking care of. I learned how to manage working with a customers question while I stock up the shelve. My co workers were nice, always checking up on each other. Usually It was only me and a manager. its usually how it is for everyone, they were really short on hours. The hardest part of my job is when a customer is unhappy, ways to make them feel better or something to replace with what they were looking for. I enjoyed my job because of all the different people I came across and the stocking.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Give you no hours!