Bath & Body Works
1,629 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

fun and energetic environment to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Leominster, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: friendly co worker
A typical day of work would consist of me reading a plan chart of day sales, so employee are well inform of what going on. This would help us assist customers with needs and how they can benefit from sale promotions.
Being at Bath and Body I learned to be a more of a team player and how to communicate well professionally with other even if we have differences.
My co workers for the most part were out going and friendly people.
I think the hardest part my job was finding certain products for customers, being that our back stock room was very small.
Wonderful Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: paid 15 min. break, free products, getting to smell the new products before they come out.
Cons: dealing with stubborn customers, floorsets are literally overnight
I extremely love working at Bath and Body Works even though it puts a strain on my pockets since I'm such a big fan of the wonderful scents. The only downside is that you can't combine your employee discount with the deals but the deals are amazing so I don't complain too much. A typical day at work for me is mostly connecting with the customer and finding the right scent they are looking for whether it be for themselves, a friend, a grandmother, anyone. I 've learned that there are those customers that will believe they know more about the sales/coupons/deals better than you and you really have to be patient with them and show them what is really going on with the deals. My manager is AMAZING!! She knows how to direct a team and create that authoritarian figure but doesn't hang it over our heads and becomes part of something more. Kind of like a family, we joke and make fun but know how to get the task done and get our goals met. My coworkers are also the same. We are tightknit but we do accept new people but you must work with the flow not against. All in all, this really is the best group of supportive people I could ask for and the best job to work for.
fun
sales associate (Former Employee), pasadenaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fun people
Cons: not enough hours
clock in put your apron on head to the floor greet people stock shelves mingle with co workers laugh answer questions you've answered a million times. take a thrity minute lunch. get back on the floor, mingle some more with co workers. make your manager happy by doing what they say.
I loved working for Bath & Body Works.
Capability Manager (Former Employee), Dublin, GAJanuary 21, 2015
I loved my sales team. I started as an associate and worked my way up to being Capability Manager. Loved this job, I only left because we were moving out of state, and I wanted more of a nine to five job verses working one to ten p.m.
Exciting challenging work place
Store Manager (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJanuary 20, 2015
Have acquired several management skill. I have grown as a leader and a person while employed at Bath and Body Works
Good Company
Sales associate (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Company pays well and workers are friendly. Sometimes you get gifts from the manager like lotion or a new spray. Lots of restocking and after a certain point it seems like there,s nothing to do.
Amazing and Fun place to work.
Sales associate / Assistant manager (Former Employee), Henderson, NVJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great place to learn the ins and outs of retail
Cons: not an easy company to be promoted with as a sales associate
What a fun way to enter a career in retail! The product is easy to learn and the training to sell it was very helpful. You will have tons of interaction with clients and be challenged for your personal sales goals. Most stores have a great sense of teamwork and the hours are very accommodating.
Decent workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAJanuary 19, 2015
The good thing about Bath & Body Works is that it is always a busy store and customers really enjoy shopping there. It was a decent workplace, my co-workers were always kind and helpful. It was a great experience to work for this store. It was a very different environment, and it was a very nice workplace.
Upbeat, Great smelling and fun!
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2015
A typical day consists of clocking in and getting on a register. customers will approach you as you walk around the store to survey cleanliness and organization. You get to interact with the products (which all smell amazing) to help you best push your favorite scent/ product. The managers are attentive and kind to employees but expect for you to be self sufficient, as you ought to be. the hardest part of the job may be keeping up with the new sales constantly going on during the holiday season. the best part of the job is working with a great group of men and women in a delicious smelling enviorment...and the free samples aren't too bad either!
Who doesn't love Bath and Body Works?
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, INJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: schedules were inconsistent
Bath and Body Works was great! It's such a wonderful environment to work in. I think every young girl growing up would love to work at Bath and Body Works. When you work in a nice environment, you tend to be nicer to others and feel more positive, it was great.
fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Overall working at Bath and Body Works was a great experience. The work schedule for the week was always up on the same day which was very helpful. Also the managers were extremely knowledgeable and friendly.
Favorite Job Of All Time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), California, MarylandJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: professional co-workers and managers, enjoyable work atmosphere, great products
Cons: not enough hours
This job has set my standards to high for so many reasons. First, I loved all of the products. Second, I loved all of my co-workers. Third, my manager never forgot where she came from. She was very professional but not "bossy" because she never forgot what it's like to be at entry level, so she knew how to get people to work without being rude or power-hungry. I was able to sell the products easily because I loved them, and eventually earned the title of top seller.
active enviroment,
Shipping and Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: learned new skills, helped out the public
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
In a typical days work when your first arrived you were to immediately take action and start helping customers. If there was ever a time when customers were not present then it was your job to start filling product through out the store and make sure the back stock was abundant as well. I learned all sorts of helpful skills from working there customer service, cash register, shipping and receiving, as well as organization. The co workers were always willing to help you if ever needed and management as well would take the time to assure you new all the correct sales and were ready to up sell for the day. The only thing that was slightly hard working for bath and body works was that we ran out of product rather often and would be sent to search for a product that we no longer had in stock I highly enjoyed working with the general public on a day to day basis making people smile is always a nice thing to see.
Fun place to work
Stocker/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAJanuary 17, 2015
Cons: i was part time
Helping customers was great. Staff made the workplace a joy to work.
great environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), hagerstown,mdJanuary 16, 2015
great place to learn customer service. the management when i worked there was very helpful. if your a visual person this is a great job because of their floor sets after hours
Enjoyed working with other co-workers and handling customers on a daily basis.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free samples/products
Cons: hardly no breaks and very demanding at times.
Typical day at work, required me to begin by listening to the daily objective which can be a variety of goals that must be set by the end of the day such as selling or pushing a certain product. I learned quite a bit about the company, and what it entails to deal with a variety of situations that come across the checking out process.
Fast-paced And Lively Enviornment to Work in!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Aiea, HIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: 30% discount on all limited brands companies, friendly co-workers and managers, lively environment, busy fast-paced place, great organization
Overall, I enjoyed working at Bath & Body works very much. A typical day at work would be to clock-in, on the computer which was very quick and easy. Then, I would put on my Apron and my name tag, and go straight to the floor. I greeted customers in and out of the store, and made sure that I always had a smile on my face. I would also inform customers about our promotions and sales, which would change constantly. I would re-stock the shelves "In between customers", Identify what customers were looking for, and helping them locate items. I would recommend which products I preferred most, and just made sure that every single customer in my zone found what they were looking for. I learned that it is very important to keep a positive attitude, and to work with your team members, because our attitudes will reflect on our customers, and sometimes we need to ask our fellow team members for help when we need it. The management in the store, was really secure, and well planned-out. There were more than three managers in the store. They were very friendly, and made sure every employee was on track every day at work. My co-workers were also very cooperative, and helped me out when I needed something. I would say the hardest part of the job would be, trying to attend to all the customers at once. Because, it is a very busy place, especially during the holidays, but I always made sure I got back to each customer, after dealing with another one. The most enjoyable part of the job would be everything else. I loved working with people, and talking to people every day at work. I loved keeping a smile on my face, and helping customers get what they need, I felt happy going to work every day.
Very fun and productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Cambridge, MAJanuary 15, 2015
I had an amazing experience working at Bath and Body works. That was the best job i have ever experienced. the team was amazing and the management staff was even better. i learned to be an amazing sales associate. the hardest part about my job was the simple fact it was my first job. It was so much to learn in small periods of time and i became that person. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning the products when they came out. all the different types of smells put into one fragrance was amazing.
fast paced, busy, really enjoyable staff.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Kennewick, WAJanuary 15, 2015
A typical day as a hostess included seating costumers, setting tables, answering phones, scheduling call-ahead seating, and getting drinks. I loved the staff i worked with. Everyone was really great at making it feel like a family.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 15, 2015
LOVED!!! working here my best job ever, the only reason i left is because of the lack of hours. Great staff, great management, and GREAT COMPANY!

1 2 3 4 5

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos