Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,371 reviews matching the search
Great gratis items, long nights
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2016
Bath & Body Works has changed their culture, and if you're not an aggressive salesperson this is not the place for you. Your scheduled hours may not always be what you actually get based on whether or not the store is making sales' goals. Be prepared for long nights at closing to fully recover the store (we stayed as late as 2 a.m. during the holidays). The company gives great gratis items though, which is a wonderful perk for associates. The managers are all very very young, but easy to work with.
Pros
Free lotions, body washes, shower gels, candles, etc
Cons
Long nights, hours aren't guaranteed if the store isn't making their sales' goals
You get free gifts, but that hardly makes up for it.
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2016
It is fun to get a free item every season when we have training meetings. But it doesn't make up for the low wages paid for a high amount of work. Every time the economy takes a hit, they lay people off left and right. You never know if you'll be one of the ones that has to cut employees, or if they'll eliminate your position. They also love to have PT keyholding managers take on a lot of responsibility for very little pay. The measures they use to gauge productivity are a joke, and often are impossible to live up to.
Pros
free items from time to time
Cons
everything else
Chaotic
Key Holder- Management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2016
This is a fast paced position always requiring you to be on your feet. As a key holder there can be a lot of pressure to keep the store fully functioning. The biggest issues I ran into at this position would be the drama and competitive nature associated with the position. You are responsible for maintaining selling goals per hour as well as managing other sales associates. However, you do get 30% discounts and also know when all the best sales are.
Pros
Discounts, ALWAYS smell good
Cons
Working weekends, Constantly on your feet, Drama
Worst experience of my career
General Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMay 19, 2016
Worst company in all divisions, (human resources, district management, regional management.) I have ever worked for in my 20+ years of business. They do not care about employees, AT ALL. I wouldn't have my worst enemy work there. Not putting this on my resume as I would have NOTHING good to say about this place, my coworkers, my district manager or the company at all.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Ridiculous expectations, horrible upper management, horrible company culture.
Frenetic and upbeat workplace with exceptional staff and customers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2016
Work was usually very fast paced, but I loved it. I loved the product that we sold, I loved the customers and the staff were extremely friendly as well. Work would never get too stressful no matter how full in capacity or low on staff we were, as we always had each others backs. The hardest thing about the job was finding product that may have been discontinued or may be low in stock. The most enjoyable thing to me was just entering work and being in such an atmosphere.
Pros
Fun workplace, exceptional staff and consumers
Cons
Not many hours
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 12, 2016
A typical day working at bath and body works is working hard and smart and getting sales. I learn about alot about the company and how that operate. The management was great everything was very organize. I enjoy working with my co workers everyone seem nice and friendly. The hardest part about the job was not meeting sales sometimes because of peak time. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people everyday and trying out all the new fragrances.
Productive and easy going work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 8, 2016
I worked during the holiday time, very fast paste working to provide customers with their needs and wants. I learned how to multi-task as well as give instruction. The hardest part of the job was restocking everything while there is a rush of people at a certain time. The most enjoyable part was helping people and making suggestions of our new products so that their family could have an enjoyable holiday.
Learning experience in many fields
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 3, 2016
I have learned many things in the retail area. I know how to go through shipment and organize products. I know how to work the register and every day i work their my customer service skills improve. I love my managers they make it fun to get up and go to work and they are very organized. The hardest part of my job is probably floor sets but i enjoy them. My favorite part of my job is doing register because i get to interact with the customers.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
late hours
productive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2016
i learned alot being apart of this amazing team such as knowing how to interact with customers the proper way ,and learning each product. Our managment team was beyond amazing , they were a family and welcome me with opened arms . i lopved and enjoyed all my co-workers without them we wouldnt had been the family we were. the hardest part of the job honestly was getting a rush hour and rude customers that you still had to mainatain with the correct manners. And the most enjoyable was being able to interact with each customer and making them smile.
Pros
free snacks and water
Cons
short lunch
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 24, 2016
A typical day at work usually consisted of greeting customers and helping them find items they were looking for. I worked at the cash register a lot as well. When it was slow, I would restock items or work on keeping the store clean. All the managers were really nice and really helpful if I didn't understand something. I learned a lot about making sales goals and how to properly display and show customers how to use our products. The hardest part of the job was the lack of hours. It seemed that at the location I worked at, they would over hire and then give less hours to make up. The best part of the job was working with people who are just as excited about the products in the store as I was. It makes working fun and it's nice to know we were all there to help each other. I
Positive and fun workplace with great smelling fragrances
Sales (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXApril 21, 2016
A typical day for me at work was very customer friendly. The customers were very happy to come into the store. I learned how to help customers effectively. My co-workers were friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of my job was standing on my feet for as long as I did. My feet would be completely worn out by the end of my shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was, working in a positive environment with products that smelled good.
it was okay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2016
Management should really work on communication with their employees. Communication was almost nonexistent. If you're working morning shift, make sure that you have managers phone numbers. If something happens, whoever is in the store before it opens will not answer the stores phone and if you don't come on time they will call someone else and send you home. Even if you say you tried to call.
Pros
free and discounted products
Cons
communication
Seasonal Hiring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOApril 15, 2016
A typical day of work included greeting customers, checking at the counter and stocking shelves. I learned great customer service as I worked under the managers who assisted helping me learn about the business. My co-workers where insightful and eager to help me. I highly enjoyed working in an atmosphere of women and retail, the hardest part was learning all the products on the shelves in such a short amount of time.
Productive/Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include maintaining the stores appearance, stocking shelves, greeting all customers who enter the store, and handling nightly deposits along with closing the store. I've learned as the role of a leader it is important to have feedback from your staff because there is always room for improvement. Management was very helpful in teaching me ways to increase sales and manage effectively. My co-workers were excellent when it came to doing above and beyond for the store and it's appearance. The hardest part of the job would have been the amount of hours I would be scheduled to work. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the customer demonstrations.
Pros
Exciting Place to Work
Cons
No Benefits
Excellent people who worked hard to please and serve excellent people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 4, 2016
Management was very understanding and typically I would clock in and look for my daily task on the board at back while I listened to the cheerful voice of whatever Manager was there that day tell us about the quota's we'd met or were trying to meet. The hardest part of the job was balancing it with school work but I was sure to make it work for me. The most enjoyable part was the people I met either as customers or as co-workers. I would work here again if permitted. I learned time balance and many other skills such as time management, people's skills, etc.
Pros
Paid break
Cons
Tricky hours
Retail Floor customer sales. I gained very much knowledge of the fragrance industry. co-workers were very helpful. inventory keeping.
Retail Sales Representative/Floor Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
Very enjoyable job experienced so much working in this fragrance industry . Loved working with the open public . Customer service and sales .
Pros
learning a variety of skills applying to the retail sales industry
Cons
short breaks - not stable hours
Awesome place to work
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMarch 29, 2016
Work during the holidays was a little stressful, but the regular work schedule was awesome. Serving people was my favorite part of the job and I absolutely loved making sure that our goals for the day were met. I definitely learned how to properly handle upset customers and how to fix a problem with a dissatisfied customer. The hardest part of the job was working late till 2, 3 or even 4 am to change floor sets. It was definitely hard, but we made the best of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was making people's day with a good deal and seeing them leave the store satisfied.
Pros
Free products from the company
Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAApril 8, 2016
At Bath and Body works our main concern was making sure each guest left satisfied with our product. I was a cashier and also on the sales floor. As cashier I made sure the customer had a good time shopping with us and making them come back by giving them a coupon. As a sales associate I made sure to give our customer samples and making more sales to our store. I enjoyed being there to help them in any way I can.
Great Place to work if you could get more hours.
Assist customers in there sales (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDMay 3, 2016
This company is ok to work for. The hours are not too plentiful. They like to mess around with the hours.This company is making it hard for employees now. They want all the top sellers to work but yet won't give hours to the ones that would love to try to be a top seller. The SPAH method does not work for your smaller stores.
Nice place to work, but not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 20, 2016
The store I worked in was very slow, and because it was so slow I barely received any hours. Since it's retail, you get call-ins and if they aren't busy then you can't come in. The only time the store was busy was on holidays. Also, because it was very slow, there wasn't a lot to do in the store so I was very bored. Overall I think Bath & Body Works is great. Retail is just not for me.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Not a lot of hours