Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Loved this job, had some benefits and was paid more than minimum wage.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 23, 2017
It was very relaxed and competitive at the same time.
I learned how to open and close the store, meaning I learned about counting money from the registers and the procedure to print all transactions at the end of the day.
The hardest part of the job was all the inventory we had in the backroom.
Overall I really enjoyed the job and selling the products.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
Nice place to work
Sales and Floor Set Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 23, 2017
Average retail pay, but a nice place to work always smells wonderful. They do encourage learning to move to different positions. Good discounts on products.
Awesome start
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 22, 2017
I just recently began working at BBW but already can tell I will will love it out of all my retail jobs I've had in the past. The managers are great with understanding life situations that arise and with encouraging words and don't talk down to you.The working environment isn't stressed but everyone knows to strive for greatness at the same time.
Pros
Discount, teamwork, encouragement, and hours
Cons
Lack of enough containers to dispose of cardboard boxes and seasonal job
Great job if looking for part-time work to help supplement income or just looking for extra income. Fast-paced during certain times of the year.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington/Normal, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to meet people and be able to interact with customers. Enjoy showing customers the products by offering demo's. Able to learn about new products through e-learning tools and vidoes. Fast-paced during certain times of the year. Great discount benefit on regular priced items. Awesome being able to get gratis items.
Only negative is not getting consistant working hours each week unless you are in upper management (supervisor, co-manager).
Pros
Meeting people, discount and grats
Cons
inconsistancy in working hours each week
fun work place and relaxing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PASeptember 21, 2017
Managers are very nice and so are the other workers. its a great environment to work in! The customers are also very nice and i have never had a problem with anyone. its a great place!
BBW is just OK
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I liked it overall, I just had trouble with management, the GM was inconsistent with scheduling and would blame you for her faults, and when she was upset she would just take you off the schedule without letting you know why.
Pros
discounted candles
Cons
hours were not great
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This job was one of my best jobs yet. I learned more stuff day to day. I love the products and I would make purchases almost everyday. The staff was one of the friendliest staff I knew
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
ford city manager were the worst and to make matters worst they hire and promote people of their liking rather than work ethic and qualifications. district never seen a problem i guess thatss why their's an entire new staff at ford city now
Just a dying mall
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 20, 2017
The one i was at was dying mall so business was dying it was a fun place to work. Loved all the new perfumes that came in. Lots of set up and prettying the store. If you love sales this is a great job for you.
Pros
Free Samples on new products.
Cons
Touching people.
love the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2017
working here is a joy you get discounts the environment is sometime faced paced and fun. you get a lot of stock you will have to break down and stock each day.
Loved my time at Bath & Body Works
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 20, 2017
I have worked for 3 different Bath & Body Works stores. I started as a seasonal associate/head cashier for two holidays at my first store in my hometown. Worked my way up to a Temporary Customer Seals Lead during 2 holidays in another state. At my third store I was hired as a seasonal associate, kept on after holiday, and worked my way up to assistant manager. The stores were always fast paced, every day brought something new, and every manager I ever worked for was amazing. They push you to be your best and expect nothing less than perfect. Hours were long, especially during holiday, but rewarding.
Pros
Pay, customer experiences, leadership, discount
Cons
Long hours during holiday
Good work, cut throat enviroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Bath and Body work was good company but that's all it was. Never did I walk in feeling like a family or comfortable. Very Cut throat, competitive company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
competative enviroment
Productive and fun workplace
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed getting to know the loyal clientele that shopped on a regular basis. I was a part of a motivated team that supported each other and created a pleasant work environment.
Pros
Generous Discount
Cons
Retail Hours
Fair, good paying retail job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 19, 2017
It's a great retail job to have. Pay and discounts are generous. It's a fast-paced environment - especially during the holidays. I have worked at 2 different locations and the cultures are very different depending on store location and volume.
Productive and never a dull time, always surrounded by smiles.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
It’s great working in Bath & Body Works. Everyone is hardly in a bad mood, there are always good vibes throughout the store, many friendly people to meet. The stores Benefits are great. Managers were always able to cooperate with my hours available.
No complaints.
Pros
Discounts are always a great thing!
Bath and Body works is a fun please to work
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2017
Bath and Body Works it is a cool please to work you get to play game on the job you all so get free stuff you can set up the floor late at night your helping people out trying to find what there looking for
Pros
Getting free stuff
Cons
You can loss your time of pay
Slow paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 18, 2017
It was a great job to have during the holidays but no advancement in the company and on my feet the whole time but great discounts but will never work there again.
loved working there just needed something different.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 18, 2017
take a look at previous work day
driving sales through demos and grabbing there attention at the door.
helping people get what they really want
seeing people smile because I made her/him day
Pros
love working with different backgrounds
Cons
short breaks, always changing the schedule at last minute
Horrible experience; very few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDSeptember 17, 2017
Worked during holidays in 2016; No communication between managers and staff as to the specials; Full time staff,managers treated seasonal staff poorly
Pros
nice products
Cons
Very few hours; no breaks
Loved this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 16, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. I wish I could've stayed longer, but it was a temp job. If you're looking for a fast paced job, and can stay on your feet for hours at a time, this is the job for you. Bath & Body Works has the best atmosphere!
Pros
the atmosphere, break time, the job itself
Cons
the fact that it was only a temp job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval