Bath & Body Works
1,444 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 16, 2014
Manage cash register and sales floor

Provide product knowledge and uncover customer needs

Oversee the sales floor in managers' absence and train new employees

Learned to be a team-player, the importance of engagement and customer satisfaction/feedback
Fun atmosphere
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), York, PASeptember 16, 2014
I stocked shelves and offered help to customers when needed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hickory, NCSeptember 15, 2014
The management I worked under was fantastic. I learned about selling from them
SALES ASSOCAITE (Current Employee), Poughkeepsie NYSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: great staff, fun products, allowed to use personal tesitimony
Cons: call ins, hire from outside, no ability to move up.
Great place to work. However, the ability for associates to grow and move up is not present. They don't hire within the company. Instead of training a current employee for a management position they will hire from outside the company.
Productive and Fun place to work and Smell Good
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: selling and making customers happy
Cons: short breaks or sometimes no breaks
Productive, fast paced, and fun place to work.
great co-workers
management always stayed on top of things
the hardest part of the job is putting all the freight away when it come in and you have like 80 boxes of products.
Most enjoyable part of the job is working together and making the customers have the best shopping experience with our company.
Great Customer Service and Sales Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muncy, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: discounts, meeting new people, learning new selling techniques.
Cons: i would work there seasonally and it would be packed!
Learning different techniques for selling products. Getting to know your customer their likes and dislikes. A typical day at work would be customer service, working on the sales floor, stocking, packing, and doing sale floor setups.
I got along well with my managers and coworkers. I get along great with people, I would definitely consider myself a people – more... person. – less
A very faced paced environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Arcadia, CASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: it smelled wonderful in there.
I was the front greeter, every person that came in the store I would have to greet them. I had to make conversation and pitch our new product to them and make them try it on there hands at that very moment. It taught to be very comfortable to interact with all types of people and personality. I learned to have great communication and customer service.
Horrible place to work.
Part time sales associate (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: employee discount, co-workers, flexible with off days
Cons: everything else.
I can only speak for the B&BW location I worked at because I'm pretty sure experiences vary from store to store.
I had a terrible experience working here. There were practically no hours. I had full availability and was given 3 hours per week at a maximum. There were times I would go weeks without working at all. When I was scheduled more than 3-5 hours – more... a week, my other shifts were always called off. The only time I got more hours were during the SAS and when floorsets were due. Managers and CSLs gave us no respect. They treated us like we weren't even there and if we did something wrong, would not help us improve or even let us know what our mistakes were. They would keep it to themselves and gossip to other associates which in turn led to a bunch of drama. How are we going to fix our mistakes if you don't even let us know?
They offered minimal training when I first started and basically threw us out onto the floor. B&BW is also too obsessed with their numbers and conversion. Hearing updates in the walkie every 10-15 minutes was seriously irritating--so irritating that i always had to rip the earpiece off my ear, just so i could catch a break from all the static and numbers. Forcing us to go up and talk to customers to try and upsell when it was clear that customers wanted to be left alone was awkward and unnecessary. Most customers just want to shop without being bothered. They'll ask if they have questions.
My managers were very moody people. They would be happy one day, then in a bad mood the next. It doesn't exactly make for the most positive working environment.

The only things that were good about working at B&BW were the employee discounts at all L Brand companies, nice, helpful co-workers, and how they were flexible with us taking days off. Everything else left much to be desired. – less
INTERESTING
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gonzales, LASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: enjoyed all the products myself
Cons: not enough hours
WORK WAS FUN SOMETIMES CHALLENGING MANAGEMENT WAS OK CO WORKERS WERE GREAT HARDEST PART WORKING JUST A COUPLE OF HOURS A DAY MOST ENJOYABLE MEETING NEW PEOPLE
Hard Work
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee), Lancaster, PASeptember 9, 2014
Working at Bath and Body Works was much harder than it seems. A typical shift at BBW included up to 8 hours on my feet with a 30 minute break. Greeting and Talking to customers and finding out their needs. Replenishment, which was stocking all the product onto the sales floor.Stocking the back rooms and Off-site rooms with extra boxes of product. Ringing – more... Customers out.
I learned a lot of patience. I also learned how to sell a product and what that product contained. I found out that Many people have different preferences about fragrance and most gravitate towards similar notes in fragrances.
I enjoyed all but one of my co workers and managers. It was a great team and very supportive.
The hardest part of the job was the hours being so sporadic and having "call-ins" which is basically stand by.
The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people everyday and having frequent customers who came in and would ask specifically for me. – less
Smell nice all the time
Cashier (Former Employee), West Chester, OHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: discount on products, enjoyable
Cons: stocking products, black friday
This was my first retail job and it was a good one. Seasonal and part time. I had fun. The only downfall was staying late to restock the shelves with new products and sale items.
Fun work environment with an excellent management team
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: not a guaranteed amount of hours for an associate
The management team at Bath & Body Works is awesome! They are always in a great mood and ready to have a fun time at work! Associates are able to learn different aspects of the job while working there.
Fun place to work.
Cashier, Floor Sales Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free samples of new products.
Cons: short or no breaks during the shift.
I work part time and would like to have a few more hours. A typical day after signing in on the computer goes pretty much like this. I check out the bulletin board to find out what the needs are for that day. Then check with my manager to see where she would like to start me. I enjoy helping the customers that come in, that would be the most enjoyable – more... part. If my manager puts me on the cash register, then I have the responsibility of balancing my cash draw and interacting with the customer. The hardest part of the job is inventory and stocking the products. – less
Good job for HS students
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: 30% discount of bbw and at victoria secret
Cons: pay wasn't great, 4 hour shifts or on call a lot.
It was a fun place to work at most of the time. However, management was not professional and very drama filled.
AAWESOME
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: late night closing
i loved working there because it always smelled so good, the people who tend to come in our very nice and respectful and I was always happy to assist.
High energy, fun work environment
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 7, 2014
Great and friendly staff with engaging customers who enjoy product. It's great to work in a place full of smell-goods that guests can really enjoy with you.
I love working for a company that has products that I can enjoy, use and talk about on a daily basis.
Fun work place with strong Customer focus
Store Manager (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good work/ life balance
Cons: focus on selling with little payroll to support.
Company has reasonable expectations with a focus on individual development.
2 thumbs down
Cashier (Former Employee), Ruston, LASeptember 4, 2014
I hated this job. This job was a pure waste of my time. The hours were awful and practically nonexistent except for when we had to work overnight for floorsets or inventory. They would never let me off those nights despite the fact that I had an infant and no one in the area to keep her. I would have to drive an hour and a half to take her to my mom, – more... then drive an hour and a half back at 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning to pick her up. The only benefits were receiving free merchandise for being an employee. – less
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Bay Shore, NYSeptember 4, 2014
i would stock the shelves and assist costumers with products and handle money and also answer phones and do shipment
Good atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hoover, ALSeptember 4, 2014
At BBW you got the the newest scents available and they were flexible with scheduling.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos