Bath & Body Works
1,685 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

Very Customer Service Orientated, Management are friendly and helpful.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Working with Bath and Body works for almost 2 years gave me a sense on how to adapt to different people and their walks of life. This job also gives a great sense of fulfillment of achieving the customers needs and wants when it comes to finding their favorite fragrance. The best part of working with Bath and Body Works is the friendly and up beat environment of happy co workers and customers. The management team also does a wonderful job on coaching associates to find better ways to connect with the customer and unveiling their needs for their shopping experience. The most difficult task is to find fragrances that have been retired in stores and introducing the customer into something new and exciting. There will be moments customers will be stuck on the old fragrance but 90% of the time they love the suggestions we give to them.
Fun work environment
Customer Sales Lead Team, Sales Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: employee gratis
Cons: no hours
Fun place to work. You get a lot of customer experience. It is very hands on. Good managers. Hardest part about this job is they do not give a lot of hours to part time employees. The customers are what make this job fun.
Nice Place to Work During Holiday Season
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Independence, MOFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: pleasant environment
Cons: short shifts, no healthcare
Bath and Body Works is a pleasant environment to work-in, provided one is looking for part-time work. The compensation would not really be worthwhile for a full-time employee (especially if there were no benefits), but for part-time work the environment is ideal.
Employees are disposable
Co-manager (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, customers and co workers
Cons: poor upper managment and communication. favortism and unattainable sales goals.
Sadly, most retail is now overcome with favoritism. Motivation by DM's is based on the fear of being fired and retailers seem to want "puppets" instead of free thinking people working for them. Hard work and your demographic could determine if the clientele is abusive. Too many sales reads and ridiculous accountability through segments and conversion. Micro managed nonsense and the DM role really is obsolete. They do nothing but ask for sales reads and send you silly emails. If they do come in the store they never say anything positive and feel if they move a table around they saved your business. Dump the DM position and hire 2 managers per high volume store. Your people would be much more productive if they felt appreciated.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wilkes Barre ,PAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: fun place to work very active
Cons: management
I enjoyed being able to be in contact with customers throughout the daym and to be able to sell products that were not only new on the sales floor but also some of my own favorites aswell.
Provide great customer assistance
Generalist (Former Employee), Colonial Heights, VAFebruary 19, 2015
An average day would consist of receiving the general goals of the business during my shift. Throughout my shift, I would rotate between zones one, two, and three. Zone one consists of me greeting customers, telling them the current promotions and providing shopping bags. In zone two, I would check on the customer to see if I can assist them in any possible. Zone three wraps up their experience; this is where they are rung up at the register.
Great first job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: fast-paced environment, focused on the customer, fun coworkers.
Cons: no health benefits, no full-time position, call-in shifts.
At Bath & Body Works we were trained to focus on the customer and keep the store clean at the same time. It was easy to get used to the registers and multitasking was a necessity. The management offered their help in and outside of work. Everyone was friendly and fun to work with. You are taught the back room and front of the store duties so you don't have to have only one position at the store. Working there was just a great experience.
Calm environment to work in
sales associate (Former Employee), Chicago ilFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day consist of stocking shelves and tables for the most part and then some selling of the products. Management could use an extreme makeover, but overall its a okay place to work.
fun job
Team Member (Former Employee), Manchester, CTFebruary 18, 2015
Cons: seasonal
Stocked shelves and put orders away..sales and cashier. i learned about products and had fun with coworkers. the hardest part of the job was last minute late nights. the most enjoyable part was helping patrons find the perfect products to suit them.
Enjoyed temp job.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: meeting and greeting customers.
Cons: seasonal job.
I would come in to work, check in. They would tell me what I would be doing that day. Some days I would cashier all my shift, or stock. Sometimes I worked late evenings and very early mornings breaking down displays and setting up new ones.
Great Work Place for team building and customer service
Sales Advisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: great company with training and leadership skills
Cons: midnight floor sets every month
Bright colors, a collection of smells, and products galore. Bath and Body works was the perfect experience I need for honing my skills in team building, time management, and sales goals. To ensure one's knowledge of all products the management teams connects with their employees on a person and professional level. assigning teams, using contest, and establishing leading roles they create a stronger team by forcing the weakest member to become the strongest.
Very team oriented work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Niles, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible, understanding
Cons: inconsistant
Typically when coming into work each person is assigned to work the floor, stock, or be on the register. There is a quota every member of the team must work to meet by the end of their shift, but if it is not there is a meeting at the end of the shift to reflect on how the day could have gone better. Most times I was assigned to the register for my proficiency and speed, but when I was unsure on how to help a customer my co-workers were there and ready to help. For me, the hardest part of the job was being able to help the customers find what they were looking for and make recommendations. This facility was not near where I currently attend school, therefore I only worked when home for breaks. What made the job enjoyable was having a positive and supportive team of individuals to help when I needed it, and the fast pace of being behind the counter and helping stock shelves.
Bath and Body
Store Manager (Current Employee), Escanaba, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Great place to work, great balance with family and work. The only thing I do not like about my job is I have to work 3 weekends a month.
Fun place to work - my clients made my day
Store Manager (Former Employee), Anderson, INFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: so much free product
Cons: employees
Anderson Bath and Body Works -

It was an amazing job. I would be there now had it not been for the co-manager, who had worked their 8 years and had been passed up 3 times for the store manager position.

It was extremely difficult because I felt like the district manager threw me into the lions den. This store is really small and in a small town. Most people in the store had worked together for over 2+ years. When they found out a complete stranger got the store manager position before their "cool boss" they were none to happy. They would purposefully tell me to do the wrong things so they could call my district manager and let her know what I did wrong.

I was doomed from day one. They went out of their way to be nasty. I blame this on the upper management and should have taken note that hiring me before taking the woman who has been there for so long... if it were me, I would have be so angry. I completely understand, but it wasn't my fault and it hurt the STORE to do what they did.

Needless to say even after I left she didn't get the position and is no longer there. BBW is a good company, however, I think they have some room for growth. I don't think they should have brought me into a situation like this.
Love the Product, the Personnel, the Position
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: the product, the personnel
Cons: not much money
A day at BB&W would consist of opening the store, setting the registers, receiving and processing shipment, stocking and sales lead on the floor. At times I might work offsite to bring in more merchandise during busier times of the year such as black friday and Christmas. I learned what kind of manager to be at this store, the managers were professional but caring and encouraged you to be more and gave you the drive that you needed to give all that you could give while on the job. The hardest part of the job was truck day, the lifting is hard work, offsite, was hard work but I enjoyed working at BB&W...I have made lifelong friends there and still shop there all the time.
Overworked/Underpaid
Sales Associate for Bath and Body (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Never again. This place makes you work all hours of the night for barely more than minimum wage. This company needs an overhaul in how they treat their employees.
fun productive work place
Customer service (Current Employee), Vidalia, GAFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: gratis...
Cons: pays minimum wage
I love working here, great company it is fun and excellent place to work love my co-workers ... love the products as well..
The most enjoyable part at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAFebruary 10, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put my skills at work and to better my work ethic. Being around the candles and lotions etc made me feel comfortable cause I'm already familiar with the products. Although this was my first retail job I excelled.
Bath and Body Works
Sales leader (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: up-beat and exciting
Cons: no benefits and very little hours
It is a very fun, up-beat place to work. The customers and products are enjoyable and never get boring. The compensation and hours are tough to come by. Around seasonal/holiday work is full of excitement and hours are needed. Overall a great job but not a career.
job was great, Distric Manager a nightmare
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Valley, WAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: you always smell good
Cons: high pressure they higher anyone
employees were being threatened by another employee the DM was made aware and did nothing due to when the employee wasn't threatening people she could sell.
they claim its not high pressure sales but it is
raises are a joke (5-10 cents)

1 2 3 4 5

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos