Bath & Body Works
1,843 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Great Part time job
Sales Associate/ Temporary Sales Lead, Greeted (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CaMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great part time
Cons: A lot of callins
Great customer service, stocking, cashiering experience.
Great hours and reasonable pay
Great company to work for
You can always work you way up
Bath and Body Works is the perfect part-time Job
Sales Associate and new employee trainer (Current Employee), FLorence KYMay 22, 2015
I enjoyed working at all bath and body locations. It was always something new and exciting. The products were always interesting adn the customers loved all the information that we as employees were able to provide.
Wonderful atmosphere with great customers
Associate (Current Employee), Greenville, SCMay 22, 2015
Pros: Wonderful products, great pay, wonderful and caring co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
Typical Day:
Clock in, check daily sales goals and conversion. Then assist customers in choosing the perfect product. Once done, give them a quick and friendly check out experience.

What I Learned:
How to effectively sale products, read a customer, and use Bath and Body Works coupons.

Management:
Management is helpful. Very upbeat, able to create the environment of a happy work family.

. Co-Workers:
With a management team that can create that "happy work family" my co-workers were hard working, and very dedicated to both the company and each other.

hardest Part of Job:
Always being on point with reading and selling the appropriate product to customers. Sometimes they say one thing, but want another.

Best part of Job:
When a customer has found the perfect products and leaves feeling better than they did before they came in.
Great company. Trendy. Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Burbank, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great energy, New products, Good Vibes.
Cons: Fast paced, short breaks, crazy sales.
I love working for BBW but I'm ready to explore a new field. BBW is non stop business, they're always on trend and ready to launch new product. I love that! I love the people that work there and the vibe of the store. I've learned so much from this company, how the business works.
Build trust with customers to give the best customer service
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Trussville, AlabamaMay 22, 2015
Pros: Room for improvement
Cons: Less hours
Every time I clock in I am responsible to for connecting with customers and giving them the best customer service. I greet well at the door and ask questions to find their signature fragrance. I stock throughout the day, answer and direct calls throughout the day, and keep areas clean,
Team Member (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAMay 21, 2015
We were always busy! I liked working here because it helped me grow as an employee. I gained many skills while working here, such as customer service, and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Fun people, but no set schedule
Seasonal Retail Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 21, 2015
I did not like the "On-call" schedules. You technically are scheduled to work, but have to call in to see if they need you. So you can't plan anything because you may or may not be needed to work that day.

Also, the P.O.S system, although easy to use, is pretty complex to apply discounts - several unnecessary steps. And even though the associate discount is extremely appealing, it applies to the better of the deal in store or the discount alone - NOT together.

Besides those points, I enjoyed working for the company
Working in Retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: relationships with the costumers
Cons: fast pace especially during winter season, annoying costumers
Working in Bath and Body works I learned how to completely annoy people that they would avoid me. It was required to ask costumers if they needed help every 5 minutes or try to hand them a bag. During the winter season that was easy costumers were rushing and did need help but the months leading up to Christmas is when the costumers would get annoyed with us. I would try to stock stuff and truly help the costumer by giving them the best advice on fragrances rather than selling the most expensive items. Sometimes the workers were required to be personal shoppers and when costumers offer a tip we had to decline not matter what even if it offended the costumer. Working the cash registered was difficult because we always honored the coupons and sometimes the computers would mess up and the cashier would take the blame. We had to double check the computers so that the costumers received their discounts. The hardest part of the job was forcing myself to upset people by constantly asking if they needed help, many costumers would walk out because they were so annoyed. The most enjoyable part was when I would help a costumer find exactly what they needed and got them out of the store in a timely manner.
Fun work environment but too sales driven for my personality
Floor Set-up/Sales Associate (Former Employee), N/AMay 21, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, working with great products
Cons: Management, Pushy
I enjoyed working behind the scenes at this job but making sales was too much for my likings especially at a place where employers are very hands on with customers. I didn't enjoy the "On Call" aspect of this job because it was almost impossible to make plans. Its an overall good part time job for one who is very enthusiastic about selling lotions and candles.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAMay 20, 2015
Good and professional work environment as well as great management. While I was there I learn what was expected of me as an employee and was trained to meet those expectations. With the training it was a very fun and good learning experience.
Great products but no hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free items with new floorset, great management
Cons: Inconsistent hours
I love all of my employees, the only downsides I have with this job is that there is no guaranteed hours. As a sales associate, there is not much opportunity to go full time. The scheduling with the hours is inconsistent. On a day to day basis I work with customers finding what they want or showing them something new. While working here I have learned great customer service skills and ability to learn about products quickly. The management at Bath and Body works is great. All of the managers know what they are doing and have a very broad knowledge over products that have been discontinued years ago. The hardest part of this job is being able to handle customers with very different personalities and finding what they like and don't like. The most enjoyable part of my job is showing my customer something new that they love.
Funnest Job I Ever Had
Sales Associate/Floorset Crew (Former Employee), Newark, CAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free Samples of Upcoming Products
Cons: No Real Job Advancement Opportunities
I sincerely enjoyed this job so much! I only left BC I couldn't afford to pay all my bills with the pay that they gave. Other than that the work environment was amazing and it was truly fun to come into work everyday.
Fun and Enjoyable
Brand Manager (Current Employee), Dayton, OHMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent compensation and bonus structures
Cons: None
Every day is an adventure! High expectations with many rewards. I
was able to learn from many different leaders, and I was given the opportunity to lead and drive change.

Many corporate visits happen with the intent for feedback for rest of the company. This affords us the opportunity to see Executive Leadership in action.
Company Going through too many changes
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 18, 2015
B&BW is going through too many changes as a company. Instead of giving employees the opportunity to have commission sales, they give "commission hours". This is basically where they give you hours based on sales, or in reality, luck.
Fun Workplace
MANAGER PROMOTION (Current Employee), West Babylon, NYMay 18, 2015
This position is responsible for leading sales floor coverage, maintaining a selling focus and supporting Store Management in all aspects of store operations, including opening and closing routines, and visual presentation.

This has taught me a lot about management skills.
Pleasant atmosphere, great work environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Largo, FLMay 18, 2015
I have been with this company for the past 8 years. Very upbeat environment to work in, all product is trustworthy in the sense that I truly believe in what I sell and am very proud to show their wonderful products to the public. I work floor sets and am amazed and the organization and new products that are presented to us monthly! Couldn't ask for a better environment to work in. They are tough with their figures, but again, with such a great product line, this company makes it rewarding to sell.
Good experience on learning how to communicate with people.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 17, 2015
Pros: 30% off discount.
Cons: Short break
My job at Bath and Body Works has been helpful to me socially. It has helped me learn how to communicate with all different types of people. I love my boss and other co-workers they are all very nice. What is hard about this job is having to work on holidays.
i love Bath & Body Works
Retail Sale Associate (Former Employee), Springfield, VAMay 16, 2015
I love everything about working at bath & body works the environment, customers, co workers, and managers I had such a amazing experience there
Productive and Fun environment
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Garden City, NYMay 15, 2015
Great Work Environment, you have daily sales goals that you must meet. its a team effort company. Everyone has a goal and we all work together
Productive and fun
SR. CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Kettering, OhioMay 15, 2015
Pros: Employee Discount
Cons: No Advancment
Victoria Secret was a great company to work for. Co workers were nice and the company gave a lot of benefits like special company sales and discounts

1 2 3 4 5

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Salaries

$8.15 per hour
Cashier/Sales
$8.20 per hour

Bath & Body Works Photos

We restock all day to make it look this neat
Plaza Carolina Mall