Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,474 reviews matching the search
Fun place with potential for career growth
Key Holder-Manager (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 29, 2016
I worked less than 6 months with Bath and Body works and prefered working as an associate to a key holder. The Key holder position is not well compensated for the expectations but it is manageable if a good sense of communication is established.
Pros
free sample products
Cons
under-paid
Fun & Challenging
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Albertville, MNAugust 29, 2016
Excellent company to work for. Shining example of how a business should be run, and how employees should be treated. Fast paced, challenging, fun enviornment with great advancement opportunities.
Pros
Free Product, Great Discounts, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Hours & schedule aren't always consistent, Open on holidays
Great Part-Time work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 28, 2016
I was looking for a job and B&B hired me during the holiday season.I truly enjoyed working with a diverse culture of women and we always helped each other. I also enjoyed some of the discounts.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule
Cons
N/A
Fun, mostly busy workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILAugust 27, 2016
I enjoyed working here because of all the scents and smells. It was mostly a busy environment. With many new people and faces to meet each and everyday.
Good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 24, 2016
Sales, I learned hands on customer service. My co-workers were amazing I got along with all my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was having to do floor sets until sometimes 4am, my favorite part of the job was being able to make a customer happy at the end of her shopping trip and wanting to come back again!
Pros
Helping customers, making their day
Cons
Having to work holidays and nights
Great Co-workers
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoy working at Bath and Body works all my co-workers and manger are very friendly. Work goes by fast because everyone is working together. The hardest part about the job is having to restock items.
fun environment especially around the holidays
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2016
Being a creative person, I enjoyed floor sets. Not only did we work as a team it also helped us to get know each other as co workers. The floor sets for the holidays were my favorite part.
Pros
thanksgiving potluck!
Cons
a small store that lead to a smaller storage room, no area for us to take our breaks peacefully.
Great brand with great people!
Store Manger/General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 21, 2016
I loved working for this brand. For those wanting a more challenging work environment or continued opportunities within the brand you can be limited.
Unfair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2016
hired too many sales associates to keep all associates well below full time hours as a way to not have to pay as much and as to not have to pay insurance or things like that.
Fast-Paced, Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 19, 2016
There is no time to rest while working at Bath and Body Works. The store I worked at was a very large, A-volume store located in the center of a high-traffic mall. A typical day at work could mean selling on the floor, working the cash register or pushing out new shipment. This job requires employees to be able to friendly and out-going. Being able to multi-task, work fast and efficiently also help you succeed as an associate. If you can easily talk to people and can quickly pick up information about the products, you will have no problem working here. If you are not out-going then I would recommend finding another place to work. The managers will assess you based on your ability to sell and interact with customers. If you can't do this, you won't get fired but you will definitely work less shifts.

The most difficult part of the job were the long hours. I was a valued employee so the management team wanted me present at all floor-sets and high-traffic shifts. Since the store was so large, we were there until the early hours of the morning setting the floor. I was a full-time college student while working here, so getting home at 3 am and then going to my 8 am lectures was incredibly difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job was the atmosphere. It was a great way for me to relieve stress and stop thinking about school for a few hours. We were all friends, which made the job much more fun.
Pros
Fun environment, Monthly free gift for top employees
Cons
Long hours, Short breaks, Expectations are high
Quality products for amazing prices
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 18, 2016
The customer experience means everything. We wanted our customer to know we would help them with any needs and give them an experience that they would come back and see us because of.
Fun workplace with much to learn
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLAugust 18, 2016
Being hired as a seasonal employee, it was not an easy job but my co-workers were always very helpful and the managers are willing to work with you and your schedule. Very considerate.
Growing Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2016
A constantly growing and evolving fashion forward in fragrance. Customer base ever growing. Great place to work where you can connect directly with your customer.
Pros
Get to try out new fragrances for home and body.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg mississippiAugust 17, 2016
I loved working at Bath and Body Works. very fun and outgoing people worked there with me. Opportunity to grow and get raises
Very good workplace! Everyone was super friendly
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCAugust 17, 2016
I would most definitely recommend this job to anyone with an outgoing personality and looking for a place to advance! It was very fast paced, so you were always on the go!
Productive, well-balanced job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEAugust 16, 2016
Wonderful management staff who motivate you to work for them as well as customers. Able to balance school work and this part time position easily - worked around academic schedule.
Floorset (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILAugust 15, 2016
this is hands down the best place to work. I quit because i got a better job offer somewhere else but i would totally go back.Everything about this job is good the breaks are ran perfectly, Your pay is on time and correct, And you get treated like a real person
Pros
Everything is great
Cons
No cons
Hard work pays off with advancement. Very hard work
Co-Manager/Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 15, 2016
Bath and Body Works, (L Brands) is great at recognizing good work ethic and will encourage associates to continue to grow. They prefer to train and advance talent from within, giving opportunity to those that are willing to work for it. Management is encouraged to nurture and lead the associates, and will brainstorm with them on how their performance could improve vs what they were doing that is successful. The hours are difficult to work if you have a family, but that is the nature of retail. The compensation is getting better, they were changing it in the favor of the associate when I was leaving, however, they do ask a lot of their associates and management. Overall, it is a fun place to work that cultivates good sales and merchandising characteristics in it's workers. They are interested in your overall happiness, b/c if you're having fun on the sales floor, then it shows with your customers.
Pros
fun, opportunities to grow w/the company
Cons
retail hours, hard work
I love Limited Brands
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAAugust 15, 2016
I actually love my job at BBW. My co workers are awesome and the customers are great as well. A typical day at work is helping customers find their favorites and uncover all their needs and make sure they have a great and fun shopping experience. I've learned not all customers are the same, some will be easy and some can be difficult but its all about attitude.
Love my customer..
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 15, 2016
Members of management pick favorites. If she don't like you you won't move up. It's all about her and making her look good.. They want you to meet your SPAH goals but keep you at cash wrap. Beware before applying for this job.. Was a great place to work until this store manager.
Pros
Free items. Gratis.
Cons
Long hours, never get off your your scheduled to. Mangers forget about lunches.