Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 2,515 reviews matching the search
Great experience, not always great at follow up.
Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2016
I enjoy my job at Bath and Body Works; the clientele is (for the most part) enjoyable, and I have fun with my coworkers. This was my first Holiday experience with the company, and it was -to say the least- intense. Lbrands as an entirety is very numbers focused, and there was a lot of pressure for us to make our Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly goals, and this has helped me to better my selling effectiveness as well as my management style. Before the actual Holiday season had started, I had been talked to about a promotion to Assistant Manager in another store, however, I have not heard anything since. I am learning how to better manage a store, how to execute flawless (or nearly there) brand standards, and how to select proper staff to uphold our company policies, and I would love the opportunity to move onward and upward, however, I have not been given an environment in which my superiors are willing to teach me how to move on.
Pros
Great experience, fun environment, great benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, long hours, biased managers
Great starter job
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 2, 2016
If you're looking for something as a filler to pass the time or something in between jobs or holiday help, this is for you. If you are looking for a career choice and make a living, unless you are in upper management, (a salaried position) there are no benefits, pay is low even for experienced individuals, hours are never guaranteed because they base scheduling on SPAH. Really makes the employees compete against each other and not a friendly work environment kind of way.
Pros
above minimum wage pay
Cons
SPAH based scheduling/ no benefits
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOFebruary 2, 2016
Working for Bath and Body works is fun and can help with gaining experience. Responsibilities include restocking products, rearranging products and props in floor sets, maintaining a clean environment, and keeping customers engaged.
The hardest part of the job is making sure to sell as much as possible in order to gain more hours to work. The managers and supervisors are willing to work with you to help though. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with customers and the ability to be in a fun environment.
Benefits
Cons
Late hours for floorsets, somewhat commission based
Very detailed instructions
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 13, 2016
Jumping from task to task on a daily basis. One minute you would be on the cash register than they want you to sell on the floor. They will give me a project to do but in between they will have me finishing other employee's task because they were leaving. I've learned how to multi task at this job. You never know what your job would be for the day. The hardest part is staying on top of your duties for the day as well as achieving other jobs in the process. The most enjoyable part about working there is gaining a relationship with your co-workers because that would make the atmosphere of the day go by so much smoother.
Pros
co-workers more like family
Cons
short breaks, barely any benefits, never leave the time your suppose to
Its nice if you like free stuff
Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 4, 2016
I liked working there at first and I loved everyone I worked with. its a very positive environment and the customers gobble the stuff right up! They love bath and body products I mean who doesn't! But as soon as the holidays were over I got no hours and didn't even get a chance to move up in the company. They don't offer full time or benefits and have stinky hours, most nights I worked they had me there till 1 or 2 am.
Pros
Free product and 10/hr
Cons
Stinky hours and treated like a bug
Fun and energetic work envirnment.
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Exton, PADecember 22, 2015
At Bath and Body works I started as a part time sales associate and ended my career with the company as a customer sales lead which is a management position. I enjoyed interacting with our customers and working with my colleagues. During the time i worked there I learned how to open and close the tills on my own, and also how to open and close the store as the only manager on duty.
Pros
working with people, fun atmosphere
Cons
not fill time, no benifits.
Fun workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 21, 2015
Wonderful job to learn customer service as well as sales, stocking, and cashier positions. Hardest part of this job was providing customer service to clients from Mexico. Most enjoyable for me was re-stocking and organizing the stock. Co-workers were wonderful and helpful when I was new. Management was on leave, but assistant manager was wonderful with allowing for a flexible schedule.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
no benefits to part time or seasonal help.
Great place to grow your skill sets
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VASeptember 26, 2015
A great place for anyone with the pace and energy to keep up with the fast pace, especially in a high volume location. My management team was great, and I loved my co-workers. It's easy to reach up to higher management if there is an issue, as they are not "stand-off-ish" like some management in bigger stores can be. The hardest part of the job is the lack of work-life balance (if you don't put open availability on weekends and holidays, you won't be scheduled). The most enjoyable part of the job is learning skills that you can take to pretty much any field and making fun of customers in the back room. It's as good as it gets for a retail gig!
Pros
highly desirable compensation, motivation, gratis
Cons
work/life balance
Decent work, too much change
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 4, 2015
When I started with Bath & Body works, the idea was they would put me in a supervisory position once that seemed possible. However, in less than a month, the manage left the company, and what followed was a high succession of turn over. Many supervisors and managers left and opportunities became more and more limited. In all other respects, this was a lovely job to be part of. The changeability wasn't bad and I enjoyed trying new ideas and angles in the job as management directed. Displays needed to be reset regularly and that had an element of fun to it, and helping the customers find products was a wonderful thing to spend my work hours doing. Along with this, putting away product and lifting materials was a workout I usually enjoyed and it was always possible to find a cart or a tote to assist with the load as needed. This was over all a great company to work for. It was only the high turn over in management that was unsettling.
Pros
Good breaks, nice location, good movement and potential to grow
Cons
no health benefits, not enough hours, high turn over and change in management
The Culture
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2015
The 5 years I was with the company, I did not stay because of the pay. I stayed for my coworkers and team that I was able to work and thrive with. The culture that Bath & Body Works brings is a friendly and safe environment to practice all sale techniques. The management teams are developed to help the associate excel and grow as a sales member. The dynamic of the management team was interesting in that all parts of management was accounted for their daily, weekly, and monthly goals. It was an openly learning culture that allowed management coach associates and associates were able to coach up.
Pros
Coworkers (team), usually flexible in days off, smells good
Cons
No benefits. Hours were inconsistent
Fun, Enjoyable, and Smells Great!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILOctober 5, 2015
I worked this job for a short period because I couldn't get used to all the smells and headaches, but it was so much fun while I was there. I loved setting up the next floor plan, and helping customers find the perfect scent for them. It gave great flexibility and job advancement opportunities. Benefits were wonderful with this company. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers and the management was stern, but very nice and fun to work with.
Pros
Great staff, good benefits
Cons
short hours
Typical Retail Job
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 17, 2016
A typical day at work entitles, greeting and engaging with customers, coaching associates on selling behaviors, tracking last year sales to current plan. Everyone participates in all roles, so you sell to customers, in between customers you stock merchandise and you ring up customers when there is light coverage. I have learned how to engage and sell products by the verbiage I use. I've also learned how to give praise and constructive criticism. Holiday is very intense and demanding so you learn to make quick and necessary decisions. You learn how to handle all kind of customers face to face, which helps in your ability to remain professional. The employees have always been great because the skill set needed for sales associates are usually easily seen in interviews. The hardest part of the job has to be working every holiday and weekend. There are certain blackout periods, you cant request off and if its any holiday weekend, expect to be there. It's almost as if you cant have any holidays to yourself because your expected to be available to work. And don't worry, you WILL get scheduled. Retail is not family friendly at Bath and Body Works because you don't get to enjoy the holidays with your family. We're open Thanksgiving Day, Black Friday, Easter, Christmas Eve, etc. I've missed a lot of holidays and events with my small kids and family as a consequence. The most enjoyable part of the job is the discount you receive there and at Victoria's Secret.
Pros
Great Discount, Great opportunity for advancement
Cons
Work all Holidays and weekends, Poor training of store management
Fun work place
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 2, 2016
I originally was hired as a seasonal employee at Christmas time. The management and staff were so easy to work with and aided in the understanding of the huge variety of products. By the time the season was over I was overjoyed to be asked to grand open a store one town over. Once we were opened this company had so many opportunities to move up that I was in management within months. This store worked as a team or family unit. We learned from each other on a daily basis and made great strides in customer service ratings. We did floor sets together, which usually lasted until the sun came up, but still were happy to see our finished product. I do believe the hardest part of the job was being promoted again but leaving to another store.
Pros
Enjoyable work place with great people
Cons
Retail scheduling; changing constantly
A rewarding fun job that helps in the growth of your career.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 8, 2016
Typical day full of laughter while you work on customer service, product knowledge, and store replenishing while achieving goals. The company teaches you to be a great coach and the value of customer service. Managers work as a team to achieve daily goals. The co-workers are just as capable of running the store due to the high level of accountability. The hardest part of the job is the product knowledge, but the tools that the company provides, assist you in making that opportunity into a strength. The most enjoyable part of the job is the products that the company provides to allow the employee to speak to the products to the customer. Also the cross discount at the Victoria Secret is awesome too. Overall best company to work for.
Pros
Products to test, Discount at Victoria Secret
Cons
Floor sets Labor intensive
Very high energy and friendly place of employment
Key Holder (Management) (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 8, 2016
A typical workday consists of reviewing sales of last year on this day and creating a daily conversion sales plan and plan of execution. teaching my associates the plan and have a fun filled day doing it. I have learned how to work with multiple personalities all while remaining neutral and able to direct any situation in order to fix a problem and maximize team effectiveness. The hardest part of my job is to properly align our merchandise on the sales floor and shelves other than that there is nothing I cant handle. The most enjoyable part is the meeting and greeting of customers and using my superb sales skills to encourage sales and direct them to new products. my co-workers are fun and bubbly such as myself so everyone gets along great!
Pros
40% manager discount
Cons
no discount on sale items
Fun place to work but not to advance in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 27, 2016
I worked here for a long time and advanced from an associate to a temporary sales lead. The most enjoyable part of my job were my customers- I built connections with them and had my regulars that came in. Management always changed and people were in and out. They say that advancement in the company is important; however, I found advancement and promotion for anyone was difficult. The way of selling began to change and the company expected everyone to be robotic in their selling technique as they slowly transitioned into a "commission-base" job. Hours fluctuate. Sometimes at the beginning of working there, I would only get 12 hours a week.
Pros
Gratis, customers
Cons
Short breaks, part time employees treated poorly, take advantage of the "temp" positions
Great enviroment to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 9, 2016
My typical day at work is to great all customers, make sure they are finding what they need. Make sure every shelve is shocked from back to the front. Hand every customer a bag. Then watch the register for a customer to proceed to it. I learned to make sure every customer is being taking care of. I learned how to manage working with a customers question while I stock up the shelve. My co workers were nice, always checking up on each other. Usually It was only me and a manager. its usually how it is for everyone, they were really short on hours. The hardest part of my job is when a customer is unhappy, ways to make them feel better or something to replace with what they were looking for. I enjoyed my job because of all the different people I came across and the stocking.
Pros
Great pay!
Cons
Give you no hours!
Gained experience by giving customers excellent service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 28, 2016
 Extending customer service based on knowledge of products
 Responsible for till and transactions
 Arranged products in organized manner and cleaned the store
 Greeting each customer with a welcoming attitude

The hardest part of the job was not getting hours and I was expected to come in at late times such as midnight in order to organize the store. I was only scheduled to work 20 hours at the very most, and I was initially told that I would get at least 30 hours a week. I was also in school at the time so being called in late with no warning was impossible for me to do with a 7 a.m. class.

The easiest part of the job was maintaining the store in a professional manner. Organizing products was my favorite part of the job because I was very good at making everything look presentable.
Pros
Gained experience in customer service
Cons
No breaks, no benefits
Very associate friendly work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 30, 2016
A very up beat and nurturing work environment where we fostered The Total Customer Experience from the moment our customer walked in the door all the way through the checkout experience. This company provided us with every tool needed to make our customers day as well as create a great work life balance for our team.
While traffic patterns were difficult to predict and control we focused on the positive and controlled our conversion consistently converting 60% of our customers.
What I loved the most was coaching my team and watching them grow on a daily basis. I also enjoyed recruiting and training new talent and helping my district fill there openings.
Pros
Benefits, Incentives
Good employment for seasonal work
Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed working here around the holiday season where the work was fast-paced and hours were to be had. I was given the opportunity to continue on as a part time employee, however once the high sales season stopped, so did the hours. I started with an average of 15 hours a week and when I left I was averaging about 10 hours a month. With that being said however, the work was fun and easy and left time to socialize with not only your co-workers but guests as well. I didn't really enjoy having as many managers as there were because my work was effected by who was managing the segment. Everyone working there is really nice and easy to talk to, but unless you don't make the majority of sales in the day, don't expect to be there often.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.