Bath & Body Works
1,730 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

Crowded and Lively
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Kennesaw, GAMarch 26, 2015
I was mainly a product stocker, so I just refilled the shelves. But that was a good place to be. I got to interact with customers, and observe a lot of things, but at the same time I was glad to be a little anonymous because it was my first job. Everybody I worked with were very nice. But it was a seasonal job and everything was very go-go-go. For the hardest part of the job was how cramped everything was and that it was very warm in the store.
Fun and nice head start in retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee), elyria ohioMarch 26, 2015
I love this job so much i worked for the company for 3 years, the associates and costumers were always so excited to communicate with one another and every time there was a huge sale going on it was always fun to advertise the new product and sale even more then i expected.
Not a great place
Season Part-Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Holyoke, MAMarch 25, 2015
It was very difficult to work here. For seasonal you are often times on call so they could call you to come in any time any day and it makes it hard to be able to plan around it. You also have to memorize the backboard everyday and then recite it to the manager. If you get it wrong you have to go back and redo it until you get it right. I was never happy here.
bbw
Sales / Cash Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 25, 2015
my first retail job an i like that. it help me a lot in the retail environment as days went on and my skills got better but that was the first job i loved and enjoyed working at everyday
Good experience to develop management skils
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAMarch 25, 2015
As co-manager I both opened and closed the store. Duties include:
cash register and safe accountability
store merchandise set according to schematics
all pricing displayed correctly
staff hours documented correctly (clocking in and out, lunch)
I had a great opportunity to coach and develop associates to increase overall profit.
Lack of management training with no guaranteed room for growth.
Fun, so long as you are not allergic
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dawsonville, GAMarch 24, 2015
great company, simply have a sensitivity to all of the smells. Fun environment,fast passed job! I wish I didn't have such a problem with the smells.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nacogdoches, TXMarch 24, 2015
• Builds customer loyalty by converting customer relationship marketing and
customer capture

• Maintains awareness of all sales, promotions and applicable ringing
procedures

• Displays general product knowledge of all categories

• Understands and adheres to brand standards

• Maintains an awareness of loss prevention

• Connecting the link between customer service and shrink
Very Goal Oriented
Sales (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 22, 2015
If you arent one to push sales, look else where. if you are comfortable with Demoing products to reach sales goals in segments and meet conversion, go for it!
Relaxed work environment, still goal oriented.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Industry, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free merchandise.
Cons: slow business at times.
Bath and Body works is a fun and low stress job, the company cares about it's employees and ensure they have a great work like balance. A typical day at work is providing customer demonstrations throughout the day, as well as coaching and training employees sales techniques. I have learned that in order to be successful, you have to embrace the culture of BBW. Many of my co-workers are very loyal to the company and are deeply passionate for the business. The hardest part is finding a way to be productive during slower business times.The most fun part about my job is developing the talent to be better then they were yesterday.
Good Place to work.. rotten corporation
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hastings, NEMarch 22, 2015
It is a great place to work, the customers and coworkers were amazing, however the corporation was not the best. Often sending changes and last minute floor plans that needed to be done on holidays.
Love product
Store manager (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 21, 2015
Love the product. You got to test products and tell the customer your honest opinion of what your feelings were on product and the customer appreciated it. Loved the customers. Operations were sound, but you sometimes did not have the product on time and would have to make judgements on substitutes. You will be late doing floor sets and they are done often but every update.was beautiful. You get a great sense of accomplishment and are rewarded for successes.
Hardest part
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: discount, smell good
Cons: busy, fast-paced, too many employees
It was always super busy and fast paced and can get a bit overwhelming. Lot of promotions you have to remember telling each customer
Fun place to work, customers are key!
Train new staff (Current Employee), Altoona, PAMarch 20, 2015
Bath & Body Works is a fun and energetic company tro work for, however, in this particualr store I work for there are many many career disadvantages that come along with that. Managers make it very very difficult to advance into another position. Friends are more apt to getting the advantage over employees who have been there longer and have more experience than the new hiree!
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, PAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: everything smells good
Cons: management
the hardest part: being yelled at and biting your tongue and take it

most enjoyable: floorset, staff, product

what I've learned:
• Support operational activities
• Provide individualized and superior customer service
• Educate customers about brand specific products
• Ensure the proper handling of negotiable transactions
• Assist with the opening and closing of the store
• Balance registers at the close of business
• Process the ordering of merchandise as needed
• Set up marketing initiatives
• Assist with the training and development of new sales associates using a coaching model
• Proficient in ACES payroll management system, processing the payroll for sales associates on a rolling basis
Fast paced environment, assisting customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Medina, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: fast paced environment, helping customers
Cons: not enough hours in the off season
I was the merchandise flow lead, which was a temporary position for the holiday seasons. I was in charge of processing the shipment received and restocking the sales flow. I also assisted customers with their purchases and ran the register.
Fast paced, customer service driven job.
Associate (Current Employee), Huber Heights, OHMarch 18, 2015
I like working there. I stay busy with customers and stocking. Management is great and fellow staff a pleasure to work with.
Colorful to the eye and smells good!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Merritt Island, FLMarch 18, 2015
Pros: happy environment to work
Cons: not enough hours, not enough challenges
A typical day at work would consist of getting to work, dropping my things off in my locker and then clocking in in a timely fashion.
I would start by scanning the store, making sure the drawers and walls were stacked with merchandise and that all marketing was in place and neatly placed. Any time a customer would come in, I'd stop what I'm doing (stocking, cleaning, changing advertisements) and greet them. I'd make sure I asked open-ended questions so the customer has the opportunity to brainstorm and explore the options available in the store. Depending on the customers interests and needs, I'd expose her to scents and merchandise of interest to her by showing her samples, applying perfume to her skin, or helping her make smart choices based on the numerous deals in the store.

I learned quickly how to use the register when at first I was a little hesitant to do so because I was afraid to make mistakes with money exchanges. But my manager reassured me and told me that it was "very easy" and she was right. I'm a pro now.

My coworkers are all very easy to get along with, primarily because I believe we all share the same mindset: we're here to work, make Bath & Body Works look good, and have a good time while we do it.

I find the job easy, especially because recently it hasn't been very busy. I love when my work environment in slammed with work to do. Christmas time is the best. I love running around and feeling like my hands will fall off at the register from all the scanning and typing. It's an adrenalin rush-- which essentially for me is the most enjoyable part of this job.
Love/Hate
Stock/Replen. Lead & Temporary Seasonal Key Holder (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: Meet and work with great people. Learn a lot about providing superb customer service.
Cons: Pay and lack of consideration with real life obligations
It's a lot of work. They do not care about your sleep, or family dinners. They are the epitome of retail evil. But I do have to say I loved it. Love/hate thing going. It was hard work, but you were never doing it alone.

Pay stinks, and growth really depends on your relationship with the DM. Sometimes hard work does not matter as much as brown nosing.
seasonal love
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 16, 2015
Pros: discounts, family oriented
Cons: hours, short term
I loved this position. when working season its like everyday is great. everyone is cheerful and working together to keep employees satisfied. restock is the first thing you want to do and continue doing. keep your floor flowing and all goes well.
Girl City
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Salem, NHMarch 16, 2015
Pros: beauty classes
Cons: personal difference
Bath and Body was a great place to work in for a girl. new items to try in order to assist the customer. i learned a lot for the beauty classes that they offered to us.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos