Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,567 reviews matching the search
hated it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PAAugust 18, 2017
the women here have clicks like they are high school. They do not welcome diversity. I hated the pay and management was very inexperienced and unfriendly.
Sales-based job focused on customer engagement
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
A typical day on the sales floor consisted of assisting customers with their purchases and helping them find new fragrances to love. Regular duties included reorganizing and replenishing merchandise on the sales floor and ringing up customers. There were a few times a month when the team would have to do floor sets, which often meant working late into the night. My manager was understanding of my college schedule and still helped me maximize the number of hours I could work. The hardest part of the job was learning to pitch our products and making a solid sale. Our team had a very comfortable relationship with each other and my team leads and managers were always willing to teach. The most enjoyable parts of the job were making lasting connections with returning customers and working as part of the floor set crew.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, gratis products
Cons
competing for hours
Management was always changing
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJAugust 18, 2017
I did not have someone that taught me the ropes. I had to figure it out for myself which is fine until you get reprimanded for something you were never told. A pretty easy place to work, though I was often kept after hours.
Bath and Body Work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 18, 2017
Good place to work. Pay could have been better. Lot of customer contact and demos. Fast pace, hours very, and you do all parts of the job ( customer service, sales, stock,inventory control, cash handling and with whatever else they may ask.)
Smells Good
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
This place will burn the smell sensors in your nose. You will never smell correctly again. The longer you spend inside, the worse it gets. I couldn't stop sneezing.
high paced and always doing some thing
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILAugust 18, 2017
I worked at bath and body works as a senior in high school, I started during the seasonal time so like fall and winter and it gets crazy busy with people and staff running around constantly watching the floor and stocking, nothing could look messy and everything had to always be stocked and pretty and not empty or messy. I did help customers on the floor choose gifts and such, but sometimes I wouldn't get out until 3a.m. on a school night and that was hard.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks and no real insurance
Very fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 18, 2017
Mangers were very friendly. Amazing scents!! I loved helping customers and interest them in new products or upcoming products. I learned that it's not just about the product it's also about making the customer happy
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Very busy
I did not like working for them
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 17, 2017
At the location in Victorville Ca, Was the worst job I can ever have, The management team is so rude and really domineering to there employees. The assistant manger was so rude and disrespectful, would not recommend anyone there
Pros
you can get free stuff
Cons
managment and hours
Its a fast-paced place to work.
Sales Associate/Floor set (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 17, 2017
The job is fast paced, when you actually get hours to work with.The people are a lot of fun to work with as well, but work needs to be done with the head manager. Hours promised are not always what is received, which makes the hours really unreliable and not helpful unless you're a high school student still living with mom and dad. Everyone is typically understanding unless they're busy and someone has to call out.
Pros
Discounts on items at all sister stores
Cons
Short breaks, unreliable hours
Great Fun Place to Work
Assistant Manager/ OPS Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 17, 2017
Bath and Body Works and The Limited Brands CO is a Fabulous place to grow and develop your skills. It is the best place to move up within the company if that is really what you are looking for. My work was always appreciated and it showed by getting promoted very quick and getting the salary i was deserved. Its a place of Team Work and Friendliness among Associates and Clients. Very Respectful Work Place.
Terrible Manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Berkshire mallAugust 16, 2017
The job starts off as you would like to believe as fun! Then the manager starts with the sell sell sell pitch constantly! Other associates will steal your sales so the SPAH looks better for them and the manager is not any different! She is very fake and definitely plays her favoritism and lies! Soooo many other retail jobs out there ! Run and never look here!!
Cons
Short breaks and sometimes no bresks
Very fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2017
The job wasn't commission, But all of the customers that I had a pleasure to help always took my name and gave my manager a good compliment about me.. So that was good in my eyes. I had a pleasure working for Bath &Body Works
Pros
I was able to smell all the good sents
Cons
No commission
review
Runner (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYAugust 16, 2017
Part time worker and plenty room for advancement. Limited hours and constant new inventory to memorize. No organization due to lack of management and scheduling.
Not bad depending on management
dont wish to disclose (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 16, 2017
I love the company and the product, but the management side of things... we are constantly playing manager shuffle and each manager has their own way of doing things. not good for continuity.
Pros
discounts, free items, fun products
Cons
to much stress from management, and no management communication
Great for first time job searchers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 16, 2017
A typical day of work included preparing each employee with what was at hand, to make sure we made our quota on product sales as well as to make sure each customer left with a product. In front of the store you can to introduce sales to each customer in the store and to provide a sample. What I learned from this position was how to ask the right question to customers to make sure they got the right gift/product they needed. Holidays were particularly stressful with the amount of customers but fun at the same time due to making sure each person was satisfied. The hardest part of the job was having the right amount of hours each week to have a paycheck, it was better to be in a particular area to gain more hours. The most enjoyable part was being around all of the fragrances, to find one you liked the most and to share with customers.
Pros
Great position for first time job seekers
Cons
short breaks
working at BBW
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAAugust 15, 2017
I liked working at BBW, a typical day there would be greeting customers find what they are looking for or showing them what new products are in the store. Here I learned many techniques on how to find the prefect product for the customers, I also learned how to be a leader. However the hardest part of the job was that my manager always wanted more from us. Sometime we would have a great sales but she would always find something that was wrong. That was the main reason I left we all supported each other so that we could do great as a team however our manager always had something to say. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers, we really worked as a team and helped each other achieve our sales goal for the day.
Pros
trying new products first
Cons
SPAH goal
Company where customers knew what they wanted
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 15, 2017
Bath and Body Works was a company that you by far had to have great customer service skills. It's very interacting , even though many costomers knew exactly what they wanted. Holiday times as well as the seasonal sales were peak times for increased customer flow. Knowingness your product and the store layout was key to upselling and cross selling.
Typical day would either be opening or closing the store and throughout my shift I was responsible for making sure the employees and or myself got the cleaning, straightening, restocking done, as well as tending first and foremost to the customers. Making sure breaks were taken and shifts were covered. Counting the till Sunday down and reaeting and making daily deposits.
The company overall was a good company and their employees generally are genuine and very likable people.
Fun place to work
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
I worked in a smaller store, everyone becomes family there it's really great the only problem is hours are inconsistent, management sucks, a lot of the time and if you're good and know what you're doing you get taken adavantage of. Aside from that though it's a really fun place to work you get paid well, you get tons of gratis and you meet a lot of great people.
Sales associate
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYAugust 15, 2017
To work for bath &a body works you must have a fast pace energetic energy..... sell products quickly with a smile ..... working there has been a great experience
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham, PAAugust 15, 2017
This was one of my first customers service jobs and I loved it. Very flexible hours and the staff was great. I learned a lot about customer service and product knowledge. Great company to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.