Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 3,075 reviews matching the search
Its like a big family. We all care about eachother ; we want to make day so we all encourage and push eachother to do our best and be the best we can
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 19, 2017
I love my job . I love all the pepole I work with. All they want from you is your best and whenever someone has a problem we talk it out an figure out how to get everyone back to where they are comfortable. It's just a good and happy atmosphere.
Pros
Great people and customers.
Cons
Late night floor sets.
Productive and fun place to work
Supported Store Manager and Store Leaders (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2017
Engage customers with their favorite scents. Finding the best products for the customer's needs. Engaging customers with information about the products to the customers. Having fun working with co-workers who have similar interest. Working with different managers on a daily basis.
Flexible hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 18, 2017
Bath & Body Works is a great place to work if you are still attending school. The hours are flexible enough to work around your school schedule. The managers are understanding.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
short breaks
Fun, but sloppy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILApril 18, 2017
There was a great group of people, but the management wasn't very appropriate and there wasn't a lot of organization. It helped me learned what not to do in work environments.
Fun atmosphere
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 18, 2017
Work there is pretty fun! You get to know everyone pretty easily and get to work with a ton of fun products. You learn great customer service skills and computer skills as well.
Great job if you work with great people
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at BBW consists of assisting customers on the sales floor, answering the phone, and processing shipment. As a Key Holder I have additional responsibilities that include responding to emails, filing paperwork, handling money, and opening and closing the store. It's a really fun job when you work with the right people.
Pros
Discount and gratis, fun customers, great product
Cons
Upper management doesn't always want to hear your complaints
Fun work environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAApril 17, 2017
Overall, Bath and Body Works is a good place to work. They have really tried to be flexible with me, being a college student. However, I do not feel valued as a worker to them. Although I am a college student, I have enough work experience that I deserve to be valued more than I am.
Great work perks
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valparaiso, INApril 17, 2017
This Place is fun to work at. However you must be on your A game. You absolutely have to make your segment each working hour or you get sent home. Meaning if the store doesn't make a certain amount of money you have to go home.
Pros
Free samples and working with people
Cons
better make your segment!
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYApril 17, 2017
A great place to work, the management was very nice, we always had fun on shifts, and I got to learn a lot about our products. Definitely a good job to have during college. The hardest part of the job was standing for long periods of time. We were allowed a 15 minute paid break for every 4 hours you worked. A 30 minute unpaid break was allowed for a shift of 6 hours or more. A typical day included unpacking boxes and filling shelves, ringing up customers, and following brand standards to create displays.
Pros
Flexible schedule, short shifts, good pay
Cons
Short breaks, bad hours
Great to work at if not in management
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAApril 17, 2017
I LOVED my time at Bath & Body Works, however, it is hard to get time off and even harder to move up. A lot of things have changed, but one of the downfalls is that great people slip through the cracks. Job advancement is tough, specifically since there are not many locations and such.
Pros
Healthcare (in upper management), fantastic pay for management, great peer support, energetic atmosphere
Cons
Very poor work-life balance, pay does not increase upon seniority
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 16, 2017
My manager was older woman who didn't particularly seem to like me but the assistant manager did who was in charge of hiring for the Semi-Annual. However, first chance the older manager got, she took me out of the system. This the only job I've had this problem.
Typical day
Floor Set Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 14, 2017
Unfortunately, my workplace was not very diverse, and I noticed that the people who were advancing up the ladder were those who were white. Made me feel insecure and uncomfortable.
A nice place to work
Replenishment Associate, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAApril 14, 2017
A typical day would be coming into my shift checking the dashboards to check what is going on in the company as a whole. Then getting direction from a supervisor on what needs to be replenished and what needs to be put in storage. Then if need be I would either be on the sales floor helping customers or on register finishing purchases.
Pros
Great people, employee discounts
Cons
not enough hours, not great with appointing hours evenly
Best Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORApril 14, 2017
I love the store I work at the customers are great the people I work with are amazing and very supportive as well. You get a pretty good discount on on Limited Brand Stores
Fun and flexible work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AZApril 14, 2017
Very friendly and fun environment. A typical work day includes always having a smile on your face. You are interacting with customers on a one to one bases and quickly turns into audience demonstration so product knowledge is key. Your opinions matter to customers and depend on if they buy or not.
Progressive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 14, 2017
I enjoyed always being kept busy because it helps the work day go faster. The employees were easy to get a long with. Management was okay. I believe the hardest part of the job was shipment and lifting a bunch of heavy boxes.
Pros
free samples
Cons
hours are not garenteed
Great for part-time college kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 13, 2017
It was a fine job for when I was in college. Expectations were kind of on the ridiculous side and management at the store I worked at was not that great. For a part-time job, they started me at a decent pay. It was more that minimum wage which I was surprised at. Hours were generally, even from week to week. It wasn't crazy varied, although it did happen sometimes. The job expectations did get ridiculous about a year and a half before I left, which was June 2015.
Pros
pay for part-timers
Cons
hours, work expectations
Fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYApril 13, 2017
Working at Bath and Body Works was a fun experience I had working with people that i have never met before. the management had there days at works which made working there a little boring.
My work life at Bath & Body works
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. This was my first retail job and they made me feel at home. They helped me learn things that I had never knew about the retail world. I am glad I worked for this company.
Fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTApril 13, 2017
Constantly on feet, have to be good with selling. Have to have upbeat personality and be able to continue on a conversation with the customers. Good envirom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.