Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,425 reviews matching the search
Fun work environment!
Temporary Key Holder/Sales Leadership Team Member (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMarch 12, 2016
Working at Bath and Body Works is as fun as you would expect it to be as a customer. Friendly staff and high energy make this a wonderful place to work. Employees also get free items every now and then to try, which is a great bonus! Would definitely work here again. It's a fun place to work with really good pay and lots of opportunity for advancement.
It had its ups and downs.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day work would vary depending on what you were there for that day, we had many different roles in which we would portray. I learned a few selling skills, but again it was a point of having to basically force someone to get something that they may not want. THe management was pretty good, there was some that were really great, and some not. But overall it was a good place to work for the holidays.
Productive work enviornment, Gained most of my work experience,
Manager (Talent/Brand Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 1, 2016
Awesome Experience, Did not like the long work hours and high management turn over rate. Great work culture, it felt like a family.
Enjoyable Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 27, 2016
Helping customers is a joy of mine! So this job was perfect, I always had one on one with the customers. The work wasn't hard it consists of stocking, organizing, and rearranging all the products. Some shifts you'll work the register the whole time or other times you'll be working on the floor helping customers or even work doing a little bit of both. The store may have some complicated rules or sometimes they just seem unnecessary but they are there for a reason. The reason I left B&BW was because the district manager switched all the store managers and there were lots of new faces and new rules. So I wasn't given many hours to work because the new managers didn't know me. I moved on from that job and found another job with better secure hours.
Pros
Lots of coupons! Free gifts! You always get to smell nice!
Cons
Short breaks, every half hour they give a report and blame you for everyones bad sales
Productive, Customer Friendly, Advancing Workplace
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKFebruary 1, 2016
-Typical day is fast paced. Dealt with customers frequently, answering many questions and concerns while making suggestions.
-I learned excellent customer service and speaking skills while being able to assess a persons personal concerns/likes/dislikes.
-Management was very polite and easily accessible.
-The hardest part of the job was handling frustrated customers and turning their attitude to positive and content.
Great environment with the perfect opportunity to meet new people and be surrounded by countless fragrances
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  500 W Madison Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of greeting, assisting, and ringing up customers. You were always on your feet but the time practically flew past and it was an enjoyable enviornment.

I learned about the different fragrances, how to handle certain situations that may arise such as possible conflicts/safety measures.

I would say the hardest part of the job was learning the different fragrances as far as their location and their specific ingredients and beneficial properties but you learn them fairly quickl.

Most enjoyable part of the job was being in a great smelling store, meeting/helping new people, and the employee discount on products.
Pros
Employee Discount, Great Smells, Friendly Coworkers
Cons
My specific position was on an on-call basis because staffing was limited
Fun, Fun, Fun!
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2016
This job like all jobs can be testing because it is retail, but the great staff at Bath and Body and the way the company looks out for its associates just can't be beat! Through this job I learned alot about communication with customers and how to make the customer feel important. On the other hand as a manager I learned all about the business and how everything that the associates do effects the company. I learned about store procedures as well like opening and closing, shipment paperwork, and daily paperwork that prepared us for the day ahead. The best thing in my opinion about my time at Bath and Body was just getting to know my associates along with my customers. It is such a exciting and fun job and they really want you to take the time to get to know your customers and to build a relationship with your associates because if one person wins we all win! I wouldn't trade those times for anything in the world.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, free products to build testimony
Cons
you have to have flexible hours
Fun energetic work place with great products.
Shop Director/District Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 22, 2016
A typical day was ensuring the store was ready for business and the staffing was in place to take care of them. I learned a lot about seasonal scheduling with the peaks and valleys of a business like this. I had a super management team there that really made things click. The most challenging part of the job was handling the large amount of stock with a very small stock area. It taught me how to utilize every space possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was training and teaching employees.
Pros
Good work life balance. Work week was 40-43 hours.
Cons
A lot of weekends, but that is the business.
Custmer and Employee focused
Manager, Demand and Deployment (Current Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OhioOctober 14, 2015
Great place to work. Focused on customer satisfaction and employee development and growth opportunities. Room for advancement and a fun culture with great work/life balance.
Work Day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEFebruary 7, 2016
I am a college student so my workdays were not too intense. I did not receive vary many hours but the time that I did receive and was able to work were good ones some days. I got the privilege to meet many people between customers and co-workers. The pay was great, the hours were decent, but the management at times were rude and communication was not so great.
Pros
the pay
Cons
not many hours, communication, management
Great gratis items, long nights
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 31, 2016
Bath & Body Works has changed their culture, and if you're not an aggressive salesperson this is not the place for you. Your scheduled hours may not always be what you actually get based on whether or not the store is making sales' goals. Be prepared for long nights at closing to fully recover the store (we stayed as late as 2 a.m. during the holidays). The company gives great gratis items though, which is a wonderful perk for associates. The managers are all very very young, but easy to work with.
Pros
Free lotions, body washes, shower gels, candles, etc
Cons
Long nights, hours aren't guaranteed if the store isn't making their sales' goals
Great Place to Grow
Sales Management Team, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIMarch 18, 2016
Great place to start and grow as young professional, the company is really focused on growing and cultivating upcoming leaders.
Pros
monthly sales bonuses for management
Cons
short unpaid breaks, company changes
Enjoyable, fast paced work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 27, 2016
Typical day at Bath and Body Works would be dealing with customers non stop unless you stayed over your timed shift which was a very common occurrence. Something I hadn't been experience in until I came with Bath and Body Works was shipment. I ended up being very familiar in that department which management needed since shipment was coming in nearly everyday with no room in the store for the product so it was my responsibility to find a place for all the product and still make sure everyone else was able to find it when I wasn't there to tell or show them. Co-workers were super friendly and welcoming in and outside of work. Yet as soon as I got to the job I had been hearing negative comments about both the job itself and management due to how they treated them and had not treated them all as people, instead treating them all as if they're below them. I Hardest part was trying to get through my shifts without a break or lunch due to it being so busy. Overall I can honestly say working at Bath and Body Works was my favorite job. The people, the work and environment itself made it a joy to be going to be at work.
Pros
Victorias Secret discount as well as Bath and Body.
Cons
Sometimes no breaks and going over scheduled time.
Fun While it lasted
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 16, 2016
BBW was a blast to work for! There was never a dull moment. Surrounded by wonderful smells and fun working environment! Great for people watching and getting to know people and their needs.
Pros
product discounts, fun working environment, surrounded by wonderful products, people watching
Cons
short shifts, no full-time unless management
Productive/Fun Workplace
Customer Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 9, 2016
A typical day at work would include maintaining the stores appearance, stocking shelves, greeting all customers who enter the store, and handling nightly deposits along with closing the store. I've learned as the role of a leader it is important to have feedback from your staff because there is always room for improvement. Management was very helpful in teaching me ways to increase sales and manage effectively. My co-workers were excellent when it came to doing above and beyond for the store and it's appearance. The hardest part of the job would have been the amount of hours I would be scheduled to work. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the customer demonstrations.
Pros
Exciting Place to Work
Cons
No Benefits
positive and supportive work environment, fun place to work
Floor Setter/sales associate (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 24, 2016
the management is so very supportive of the staff and they make you feel as if you are all family! Always willing to work with your schedule needs. Fair as possible when creating the overall schedule for the store.
Pros
discounts
Cons
not enough hours in the off season
Productive and highly-enjoyable work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALOctober 21, 2015
During my time with Bath and Body Works, my daily duties consisted of re-stocking shelves, making necessary marketing changes, using tactic-based selling on both promotional and long-term products, maintaining complete and up-to-date knowledge of the Point of Sale system, meeting daily and weekly sales goals, and providing customer service to every customer that walked in. In this job, I learned how to set, meet, and achieve sales goals over various lengths of time while still taking the time to make sure each customer got a high-quality experience. I also learned how to audit cash registers and prepare deposits during the latter part of my employment. Management at this store was amazing. There was a definitive structure and hierarchy, each manager had their own set of duties, and every single member of management was kind, empathetic, and willing to help at any given time. The hardest part of this job was the physical labor - managing incoming stock, re-organizing shelves, re-organizing displays and moving tables - and occasional overnight shifts to help re-set the entire store for a new promotion.
Pros
Adequate breaks, Excellent management, Room for growth
Cons
Not given enough hours
Fast pace and productive, team building environment
SALES LEAD (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 22, 2016
We had several different Store Managers come and go while I was working there and the moral with some of the store managers was not very high. The associates were dedicated and hardworking for me and I loved teaching and training them to help them grow. There was very little growth for moving up in the company because they would always bring from outside the company instead of looking within.
Pros
great team environment, Love the product and believed in the company
Cons
massive turnover with management and associates and very little growth with moving up in the company
Company has unrealistic expectations, only about money.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IndianaApril 1, 2016
So I've been with this company for 3 years and know a lot of in and outs about it, having almost been promoted to Sales Lead multiple times. The management was the best I could have ever asked for. They lead the team and follow up to make sure all associates are on board with company expectations. But whoever commented earlier about the DM (district manager) being pretentious, that is spot on. I have seen (and experienced myself) new associates have their hours and shifts be cut so they can be given to the top, leading associates. All this because the district manager wants to see this person and that person get the most hours since they make the most sales. Talk about being basically told passive-aggressively that you're "not good enough". However, none of the new people are getting chances to grow and GET their SPAH up so they can earn more hours. It's absolutely insane how competitive this job has become, compared to years ago, back when I joined in 2013.

I know this is sales, but the company holds ridiculous expectations. The pressure to have "top SPAH" and be the "top associate" is tremendous. We were far better off before "SPAH" and tracking sales, when we 100% focused on the customers. And the pay increase from minimum wage to $10 is not enough to make others stay. You may think, oh it's a fun part-time place to work. And at times it is as it's very humbling to help customers with so many things. But it used to be expected of the managers and sales leads to keep track of sales, now EVERY associate is being pushed to make however much money each hour. The company is
  more... also driving away customers by crazily promoting "DEMOS" which invites the customer to fully experience the product, but is unrealistic to do it on every customer if that customer is not wanting it.  less
Pros
Good pay, leadership skills, interacting with customers and helping make their day
Cons
Pressure of performing, held accountable for every single dollar
Excellent management, friendly & happy atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Wonderful place to work. Enjoyed every minute of it. Other employees were friendly, happy and helpful. Management was outstanding! Learned a lot about the retail market. Customers were interesting and enjoyable. Fabulous products and wonderful, happy working atmosphere!
Pros
Happy, friendly atmosphere, wonderful products!
Cons
Seasonal position