Bath & Body Works
1,530 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

Best Place to Start in Retail
Cash Wrap Lead and Back Room (Current Employee), Langhorne, PAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: discount, work life, scheduled hours
Cons: crazy customers, starting pay
If you are looking to dive into retail, then BBW is the job for you. Thanks to BBW I found my place in the customer service world. It really gave me the tools I needed to become the worker I am today. Holidays at BBW test a persons ability to maintain a smile for hours at a time, even while a person screams at you about combining coupons and why they – more... can't get things for free.
I learned the importance of customer service, as well as how to organize marketing, promotions and make business quarters based on productivity. The people I work with became my family and we spent countless hours together, even to the point where I considered moving into the storage room because I was there working so often. I have gone through six managers in the past three (almost four) years I have been with the brand, we've had our ups and down with each persons management style, but there's not one thing I would change. BBW is one of the best places to work, even through all the manic customers and crazy promotions. They have great products and a great company inclusiveness for their employees. It's all about the TCE. Total Customer Experience. – less
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Howell, MIOctober 14, 2014
I enjoyed the work but after the holiday season slowed down they treated their employees like they were disposable.
Fun work environment
Floor Manager (Former Employee), Hicksville, NYOctober 14, 2014
This was a fast paced retail environment that always kept me on my toes. I learned a lot about how to deal with difficult people in a polite way. The most difficult part of this job were the long holiday hours.
Very Fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free goodies!
I worked there for seasonal hiring. It was so much fun during the Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday sales! The majority of the coworkers were seasonal as but some of us built a friendship off of that!
cool fun workplace
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 13, 2014
Pros: free items
Cons: worked over nights
i would come in go over the sales for that day and wait on the people to come and then i would start my day helping others along with my co workers we would bus the work out and make the sales for that day
Very fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sumter, SCOctober 13, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is walking into a fragrant space and learning the chemistry behind what makes the scents appealing to the senses. The customers receive a warm welcome and leave with a reason to come back.
Great summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), aurora,coOctober 10, 2014
perfect for students or anyone looking for part time work. hours are flexible and people are friendly.
fun workplace
Retail/Sales (Former Employee), Easton, PAOctober 8, 2014
worked register stocked shelves and worked on the floor. helping customers find what they need to making shopping for them easy.
Fun atmosphere
Part-Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Grand Island, NEOctober 8, 2014
Pros: new products, fun atmosphere
Cons: not enough hours for work.
Working for Bath and Body Works is always fun and with their ever changing products for each season. I consider this store as a specialty/pampering store. Many customers continue to come back for the exceptional products and vibrant customer service.
High volume, lots of product comming in an out, easy job for anyone just need people skills.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2014
Pros: you get a lot of free stuff
Cons: dont get to move up that fast a lot of people get promised lead positions but get skipped.
I was promised lead position 2 times and got skipped for some reason. They don't give you good feed back to know if you need to do better or if your not doing good. They gave my position to a girl that was there less then 30 days after promising me the position. Told me I was training but never was going threw the process. worked my butt off for false – more... promises. lots of turn over only been there since April of this year and went threw 3 store managers. Every time we get a new store manager my hours get messed up an I lose hours. There is just a lot of turn over even with associates and leads. They move people around non-stop kinda just threw me to the sharks when I first started not explaining terms an the way things run. the back isn't very organized so it makes processing shipping harder. – less
Cool But not enouch Hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: co workers, teasting new product, you know whats going to be on sale first, free stuff only to associates
Cons: hours, management (sometimes), people who steal from the store and make a return which can impact your hours
One of the best jobs I have ever worked. The company does a great job with making sure customers ARE FIRST!! I feel good when I can provide awesome service. However, like most companies, BBW pays for their hours. This means if the store is not making enough money for the week or even month, hours can get cut. There has been times I went from 20 hrs – more... a week to 10. This also depeneds on the store. My store was a B level store. Best part of the job were my co workers. – less
The products sell themselves
Sales / Marketing and Display set (Former Employee), Centerville, OHOctober 7, 2014
Multi-tiered customer service
Nice work environment
Willing be flexible will work schedule
Fun and Great time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Des Peres, MOOctober 7, 2014
We worked hard, but always had fun. Got to learn lots of new things and croos trained in many areas.
great place to start
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), GAOctober 7, 2014
Fast paced, demanding hours. learned a lot since this was the first retail job.
Wonderful
Customer Consultant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 6, 2014
An incredibly fun place to work. The customers were wonderful, especially working seasonally since it gets exceptionally busy. The managers were organized, making it easy to do your job,
Sales associate (Former Employee), Erie, PAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: free stuff
Cons: not enough hours
worked sales on the floor. it was enjoyable. got to meet new people and show off the new stuff that bath and body works got in. the co-workers were nice and the managers were professional.
I LOVED IT
Customer Service (Former Employee), Pottstown, PAOctober 5, 2014
I LOVE THIS JOB, IT WAS SO MUCH FUN. I LOVED THE BACKROOM AND FINDING NEW PRODUCTS WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY
high volume and fast paced
sales (Current Employee), lancasterOctober 4, 2014
a typical day at work is selling and cross selling our product to everyone walking in. ive learned lots about the sales and flow control. management and co workers are like family we work hard and keep control of the store. the hardest part is really nothing . I enjoy a challenge. the most enjoyable part is the fast paced sales.
Great Company
Co-Manager, Retail (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, InOctober 4, 2014
A great company to work for, fun and stress free. Can be pushy with getting customers to buy products. They need to get rid of the conversion metric or at least update it. That takes the fun out of actually helping customers for their needs, and focuses on only helping them to get a sale to make conversion.
fun, interesting and energetic
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALOctober 3, 2014
Fun atmosphere quiet and productive has a very nice staff. Needs more options in the office.

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos