Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,425 reviews matching the search
Great experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Peres, MOJune 19, 2016
Time taught me balance of customer relations and payroll management. Great company to work for and build relationships with internal and external customers
Great if you're a manager
Sales Associate/Floorset Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2016
I absolutely love the store, I often say they can't hire a person with a bad bone. Unfortunately it only takes two people to run a store, so hours are few and far between for floor shifts when you actually get to work with customers. And floor set hours are not fun when I was first moved to floor set we started at 5am and ended when the store opened. Thankfully it switched to close to 2am.
The people are always the best, both as in your coworkers who are all very quick to be compassionate and understand if you are having a bad day. But the customers (most of them anyway) are so loyal to the brand that they love when the associates joke with them and take them on a tour of the store. The hardest parts were either the really awful customers that sometimes come into a store, or, being on the floor on a slow day. My first day was black friday and I worked the opening and the closing shifts for black friday, after that, only seeing maybe one hundred customers in five hours is excruciating.
In short, if you want a fun seasonal job, this is a great place. If you want a job that you can rely on to actually provide an income consistently, look elsewhere.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, free snacks for morning meetings
Cons
Very few hours for non manager staff.
productive
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 17, 2016
busy helping customers finding what they are looking for and starting the opening and closing when you are key holder. customers are loyal and are enjoyable
Bbw
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJune 17, 2016
It was very informative. A true learning environment. The company invested time in training and developing their team.
Positive and motivating sales environment
Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 17, 2016
Bath and Body works at the Fayette Mall in Lexington, Kentucky is an overall positive and motivational environment to work in!
Fun Place to work smell great day?
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 15, 2016
Very fun place to work you get free stuff and you smell good all the time. Love my co workers best j
Pros
Free products
Cons
No benefits
Productive, yet slightly unprofessional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 14, 2016
A lot of experience can be gained from working at Bath & Body Works . However, the work environment was slightly unprofessional .
Pros
starting pay at $10 per hour
Cons
Negative environment
Lying managers and coworkers who hate their jobs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 14, 2016
Managers are rude and called me a liar just because I helped people and they didn't see it so they didn't believe me. Says they are a "family" but in reality everybody hates the managers. Lead manager uses fear and threat of firing you to try and make you work harder. Will openly insult you.
Pros
Pay
Fun environment with positive attitudes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJune 14, 2016
organizing shipment of new merchandise, cashier duties, cleaning and organizing the store, co-workers were all positive and fun, hardest part was floorset (re-decorating the entire store until 4am), and the most enjoyable was meeting new people and being able to be yourself.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
not giving enough hours
Chaotic
Key Holder- Management (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2016
This is a fast paced position always requiring you to be on your feet. As a key holder there can be a lot of pressure to keep the store fully functioning. The biggest issues I ran into at this position would be the drama and competitive nature associated with the position. You are responsible for maintaining selling goals per hour as well as managing other sales associates. However, you do get 30% discounts and also know when all the best sales are.
Pros
Discounts, ALWAYS smell good
Cons
Working weekends, Constantly on your feet, Drama
Great Place
Sales Associate/Temporary Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 12, 2016
Bath and Body Works is a great and fun place to work. They balance work and home life. Management provides you with the training needed to achieve you goals given to you. You will meet fun and interesting people everyday.
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 10, 2016
schedules are not flexible
management was ok
co-workers were fun to be around
customers are mostly fun, with a few angry ones
Co Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2016
Great place to work. with a fun filled atmosphere. and there is plenty room for growth with this company. It did not take me long at all to excel in this company
fun and smelled great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJune 8, 2016
This was a great first job to have. It taught me a lot about people and customer service. Im glad I got a chance to experience this at such a young age.
Pros
discounts and money
Cons
customers and bad attitudes
Productive and easy going work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJune 8, 2016
I worked during the holiday time, very fast paste working to provide customers with their needs and wants. I learned how to multi-task as well as give instruction. The hardest part of the job was restocking everything while there is a rush of people at a certain time. The most enjoyable part was helping people and making suggestions of our new products so that their family could have an enjoyable holiday.
Fun And Uplifting Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDJune 7, 2016
i Love Working At Bath And Body works , its Was A very Upcoming And Go Place To Work Just Seeing The Customers Loving The Items Was the best part
Pros
discounts
Cons
short Brakes
Really think about working at this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CtJune 7, 2016
I've worked for Bath and Body Works in West Farms mall in Hartford,Ct and I strongly suggest no one apply there! The management was amazing when I first worked there I had another job so they were extremely flexible and understood that I had a social life as well. Then we had a new store manager and everything went downhill from there, she cut everyone's hours who was there before she got there and hired brand new associates and gave them over 40 hours when they were hired for part time. She spoke to the older associates in condescending tones and when we weren't around she tended to talk down about us as if we were in high school. Eventually I found another job but I do suggest that if you decide to work here that you have a back up job in case the store manager decides to cut your hours as well.
Pros
gaining customer service and sales experience
Cons
management really doesn't manage well
work life balance
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJune 6, 2016
There is no work life balance. The company does not value their people.There is such a high turn over rate. The associates are over worked with little pay.
Supporting Our Sales Force
Support Staff Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 4, 2016
In my short time, I have come to enjoy being a BBW team member. Although my time is limited to once or twice a month, putting the floor sets together requires a great deal of skill, patience and teamwork. Using this, I know that when I leave, my store will open the next day ready to sell our very best to every customer.
Great Retail Starting Place
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXJune 3, 2016
This is a reputable company that is goal oriented and fast paced, it is a great jumping off point for those interested in a career in retail.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.