Bath & Body Works
1,354 reviews

Bath & Body Works Employer Reviews

The most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMay 27, 2014
I enjoyed daily contact with customers and helping them. Management was also great. This company was very good to me!
Ideal Job for First Job or temp job to fill your weekends
Sales Clerk/Manager (Former Employee), Sierra Vista, AZMay 24, 2014
Hours varied week to week

Started as a sales associate for the first four years
Spent last year as a manager.

Opening/closing store, turning on/off lights, counting cash registers, walk store making sure product is filled and in place, dusting, sweeping, cleaning etc
Customer Service is key, provide associates with positive feedback, encourage a friendly, – more... safe, and fun environment. Give Demonstrations to associates for them to repeat to customers. quiz periodically on product knowledge to ensure the customer is getting the best product suited to their needs and wants. leaving notes for closing/opening managers
monthly floor sets- leading associates in new floor plans and monthly decorations. assuring product is set to company standards etc. – less
Is a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Edgewater, NJMay 23, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is to help people to find what they need and like. plus is easy to work with fun and responsible people because make your jobs easy.
Productive and friendly co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Albany, NYMay 22, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of helping customers and restocking shelves. I was able to expand my interpersonal skills. The management and co-workers were reliable and friendly.
Fast pace during holidays and a fun enviroment
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee), Arlington, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: friendly workers, new friends, help is around you
Cons: short breaks, little pay, and temptation everywhere.
When I clock in they tell me what I need to know for the day and the position I will be in such as a cashier or on the sales floor. I've learned about the special offers/deals of the day there everyday. I love the management well most of them, they make you feel welcomed and help you when you expect it. If you make a mistake they don't get onto you, – more... they explain it and they show you a better and more efficient way. I love my co-workers they are lovable and they are helpful its a friendly environment. The hardest part of my job is the closing, when I close we have to place and reset everything that customers place everywhere in the places they go, we have to set out the special offers on the board that goes outside and fix it for the next day. The enjoyable part of my job would be the co-workers when we have time we will have little quiz about how well we have our jobs. It's fun and we get along more. – less
overall good environment and experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 22, 2014
Pros: gratis received from company
Cons: pay
Wonderful atmosphere! Co-workers are great people and the customers make you smile. I've learned about inventory and selling to customers through demonstrations and interaction.
fun
Customer service representative (Former Employee), valley stream, nyMay 22, 2014
I get there, then I go in the back, put my stuff away. put on my name tag and check myself ... Then I go and put on my walkie and start my work day
great job
Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee), Abilene, TXMay 21, 2014
great job for a college kid
wonderful work enviornment
great group of ladies
Great Place to work
Customer Support Intern (Former Employee), Redondo Beach, CAMay 21, 2014
Bath and Body Works is definitely a great starter job. I loved the people there and there was always a sense of unity. The management was great and always met my needs.
Less and Less of a Work/Life balance
Co-Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: pto, healthcare, occasional free products
Cons: requires too much flexibility, short to no lunch breaks, little appreciation, little to no bonuses
The company wants you to be extremely flexible as it decides to change floor set dates on a whim. You are then expected to plan and execute a near perfect reset in a shorter amount of time and with less staff. Many time salaried staff works off the clock to complete task without interfering with store payroll. Associates are paid minimum wage and expected – more... to have passion and drive. Lots of criticism, but hardly and appreciation.

I have learned the ins/outs of a typical boutique style retail store in various volumes; Payroll skills; How to motivate and inspire a team and how to select a winning team.

The hardest part has been moving towards working on Thanksgiving, kiss your holidays and family time goodbye!

The most enjoyable has been the relationships that I have forged with the district wide team – less
Productive and friendly co workers and fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: store discounts at bath and body works and victoria's secret
Cons: low hours
I come in and I'm greeted by all my co-workers. I clock in for the day then have a "chat in" with my manager. A chat in is basically when the manager tells you about all the promotions that's going on in the store. Then I start helping and talking to clients throughout the store and occasionally work on the cashier.
Great stores and great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIMay 20, 2014
Fun environment and great products! Opportunities for advancement, but must be willing to relocate.
Fun environment, heavy on customer service ability
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 19, 2014
Helping customers, pick out what they would like, giving your honest advice, stocking shelves, helping out at the cash register, a pretty typical sales associate position. don't work off commission. Able for job advancement just takes time.
Great place to work if the person likes talking a lot and selling.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXMay 18, 2014
Great management, The coworkers are very friendly, the managers are also very welcoming and they thought me something new every time I came in. Great attitude and friendliness are the main key for this job.
Love the Brand, my Sales Team and especially my Customers!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elkin, NCMay 18, 2014
As the Store Manager, I had 3 Sales Leaders as part of my management team. I would work on the sales floor with customers and at the same time coach to my Team how to deliver exceptional customer experience. Everything starts and ends with the customer. I also analyzed key reports as well as did weekly schedules as I was in charge of Work Force Management.

Working – more... in a rural environment, I learned a great deal about people and developing a Customer Experience Program by executing specific selling behaviors to increase Conversion and Daily Sales.

My Team and I loved making the Customer's Day! An opportunity in a rural environment, very small pool to pull from to bench Top Talent. – less
Great place to work with people who really care about you
Co-Manager (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TnMay 18, 2014
Pros: free samples and new product giveaways with great discounts
Cons: no room for growth
Enjoyed my time with this company. The management was wonderful and they took the time to develop and create a positive atmosphere.
Fun, upbeat place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tyler, TXMay 16, 2014
Pros: fun and upbeat, people contact
Cons: short breaks, low pay, on call shifts
A typical day as a sales associate includes fast paced walking and uncovering customers' needs. Great team to work with! The hardest part is being on your feet for hours on hard floor with short breaks. The most enjoyable part of the day is helping a customer find something they love!
Fun and Productive Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 16, 2014
Pros: interacting with customers, friendly staff
Working at Bath and Body Works allowed me the opportunity to interact with customers on a personal as well as business level. My managers and coworkers were always friendly and provided guidance and support whenever I was in need of it. The hardest part of the job was not being able to meet customers expectations at times. I love to keep my customers – more... happy so that they will continue to shop and have an enjoyable experience at Bath and Body Works. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to talk with, assist, and build relationships with customers. I also enjoyed building relationships with my managers and coworkers. – less
A day at Bath & Body
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 16, 2014
Arrive at work in uniform with a positive attitude great atmosphere and co-worker. I don't think no part of my job was difficult or hard. I added to my interpersonal skills by dealing with all types of personalities.
Fun and Exciting
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAMay 16, 2014
Pros: meeting great people, management
Cons: hours
Loved being around delicious fragrances and products. Typical day consists of restocking, customers service, and inventory. Management is great and I had a very good relationship with all my managers. Had great friendships with my co-workers. Another easy job all you have to do is smile and approach the customers and know your product.

About Bath & Body Works

PERSONAL CARE. REDEFINED. For the past two decades, Bath and Body Works has reinvented the personal care industry with the – Read more

Bath & Body Works Photos