Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Smells great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40272September 25, 2017
Typically one would assistant customers with making the best choice based on their needs. I need customer interaction and listening strategies. Management did leave a little to be desired. The workplace culture was upbeat and engaging. The hardest part of the job would have been hard selling, and the most enjoyable part of the job would be the access to the new interesting product.
Pros
great products
Cons
mostly part-time
Relaxed work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2017
This is a very relaxed work environment, great benefits, and overall great co-workers & management. This is a great part-time, weekend job, minimal duties as long as you are customer orientated & people-friendly
Room for advancement, great opportunity to learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 25, 2017
I feel that I have really honed my leadership and management skills at Bath & Body Works. This has been a great job throughout college. The culture of the workplace is fun, but still serious about sales.
could be better
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYSeptember 25, 2017
this job is good for seasonal but not for long term. it is a revolving door job. very high turnover rate. you work like a mad man for not that great of pay
Experience is needed to improve
Core Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 24, 2017
My time at bath and body works allowed me to learn to be able to adapt more into a global associate. Though I've alway taken the initiative to take on tasks outside my job title. i was excited that i was given such a responsibilities that consisted with all aspects of the store
Competitive Atmosphere
KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CASeptember 24, 2017
Bath and Body Works is a company that pushes their associates to sell sell sell. My former manager would constantly tell my team to give their all when they clearly were. It was never to her liking though. If sales weren't going well, you could feel the tension in the store and that would make some associates nervous and uncomfortable.
Great Team but Limited Hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCSeptember 24, 2017
I have never worked with a better team in any job ever. I get along with everyone fantastically but they don't provide nearly enough hours for a decent paycheck.
Pros
The Discount
Cons
Some weeks you get no hours others you work all weekend
Loved this job, had some benefits and was paid more than minimum wage.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHSeptember 23, 2017
It was very relaxed and competitive at the same time.
I learned how to open and close the store, meaning I learned about counting money from the registers and the procedure to print all transactions at the end of the day.
The hardest part of the job was all the inventory we had in the backroom.
Overall I really enjoyed the job and selling the products.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Not enough hours
I quit today
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Bath and Body Works is a fun job to work if you want a job part time but don't expect it to be beneficial if you want full time work. I was hired seasonal to work on the floor but after the holidays when I was kept on as a regular part time employee, but when I had asked to learn how to do floorset or cashier, no one had the time to train. 30 percent employee discount wasn't good when it's for only one regular priced item and not the whole transaction, might as well use the coupons that are emailed to you instead. Management were nice unless they were talking about employees behind their backs and watching you like a thief on the floor. Favoritism is very high and special treatment to those people while you're treated like the bottom of the barrel. Turnover was often, I wasn't scheduled for months on end and didn't know when managers left until I was scheduled to work for the holidays again. Forced to sell, sell, sell was the issue with me, being forced to meet quotas that seemed inpossible. Certain managers had attitudes and power egos that rubbed employees the wrong way at times. Last straw was availability after holidays didn't meet the needs of the business but how can someone keep open availability when it's seasonal and not guaranteed that after the holidays you're going to have hours to schedule them. Might as well find another job where you feel like you're appreciated and people who will work with you instead of making you feel like you're not important.
Pros
Fragrances and great customers
Cons
No full time hours unless you're management, cut hours after seasonal, management attitudes, employee discount
Nice place to work
Sales and Floor Set Associate (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COSeptember 23, 2017
Average retail pay, but a nice place to work always smells wonderful. They do encourage learning to move to different positions. Good discounts on products.
Awesome start
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCSeptember 22, 2017
I just recently began working at BBW but already can tell I will will love it out of all my retail jobs I've had in the past. The managers are great with understanding life situations that arise and with encouraging words and don't talk down to you.The working environment isn't stressed but everyone knows to strive for greatness at the same time.
Pros
Discount, teamwork, encouragement, and hours
Cons
Lack of enough containers to dispose of cardboard boxes and seasonal job
Great job if looking for part-time work to help supplement income or just looking for extra income. Fast-paced during certain times of the year.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Bloomington/Normal, ILSeptember 22, 2017
Great place to meet people and be able to interact with customers. Enjoy showing customers the products by offering demo's. Able to learn about new products through e-learning tools and vidoes. Fast-paced during certain times of the year. Great discount benefit on regular priced items. Awesome being able to get gratis items.
Only negative is not getting consistant working hours each week unless you are in upper management (supervisor, co-manager).
Pros
Meeting people, discount and grats
Cons
inconsistancy in working hours each week
fun work place and relaxing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PASeptember 21, 2017
Managers are very nice and so are the other workers. its a great environment to work in! The customers are also very nice and i have never had a problem with anyone. its a great place!
BBW is just OK
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I liked it overall, I just had trouble with management, the GM was inconsistent with scheduling and would blame you for her faults, and when she was upset she would just take you off the schedule without letting you know why.
Pros
discounted candles
Cons
hours were not great
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newburgh, NYSeptember 21, 2017
This job was one of my best jobs yet. I learned more stuff day to day. I love the products and I would make purchases almost everyday. The staff was one of the friendliest staff I knew
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
ford city manager were the worst and to make matters worst they hire and promote people of their liking rather than work ethic and qualifications. district never seen a problem i guess thatss why their's an entire new staff at ford city now
Just a dying mall
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 20, 2017
The one i was at was dying mall so business was dying it was a fun place to work. Loved all the new perfumes that came in. Lots of set up and prettying the store. If you love sales this is a great job for you.
Pros
Free Samples on new products.
Cons
Touching people.
love the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MISeptember 20, 2017
working here is a joy you get discounts the environment is sometime faced paced and fun. you get a lot of stock you will have to break down and stock each day.
Loved my time at Bath & Body Works
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dover, DESeptember 20, 2017
I have worked for 3 different Bath & Body Works stores. I started as a seasonal associate/head cashier for two holidays at my first store in my hometown. Worked my way up to a Temporary Customer Seals Lead during 2 holidays in another state. At my third store I was hired as a seasonal associate, kept on after holiday, and worked my way up to assistant manager. The stores were always fast paced, every day brought something new, and every manager I ever worked for was amazing. They push you to be your best and expect nothing less than perfect. Hours were long, especially during holiday, but rewarding.
Pros
Pay, customer experiences, leadership, discount
Cons
Long hours during holiday
Good work, cut throat enviroment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Bath and Body work was good company but that's all it was. Never did I walk in feeling like a family or comfortable. Very Cut throat, competitive company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
competative enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.