Bath & Body Works Employee Reviews

Found 2,719 reviews matching the search
Good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WI 54401December 25, 2016
Typical work day is only a three hour shift, meeting customers needs and selling are the main points of your job. Fast paced everything with the store is based off sales numbers.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Low hours for sales associates
Great people and great place to work.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 24, 2016
I only wished it was more hours. I would show up and mostly be scheduled for about three hours. It taught me how to be more open with customers because you get all type of different people. Managers are all amazing.
Dedicated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 24, 2016
A typical day consisted of dedicated workers, professional supervisory staff and warm customers. I learned newer ways to assist customers over the phone while handling the hustle and bustle of incoming customers within the store. My co-workers assisted myself with customer overflow and workload. We worked as a team to handle the day to day tasks, even if it was more then usual. The hardest part of my job was not buying the products of which I intended to sell! The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such a great team!
Scenes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 22, 2016
Great props to go with promotions, upbeat co workers, great customers, great product making it a easy sell. Always stocked with the faves. Free perfume with new arrivals.
Pros
Seasonal Perfume, great management, great co workers
LOVED it here
Manager in training (SLT) (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILDecember 22, 2016
Started as a floor set associate and worked the holidays. The work was pretty easy and the people were really friendly. Not enough hours per employee if you weren't a manager or key holder.
it was ok
Supervisor/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNDecember 21, 2016
it would probably be fun for some but the job just wasn't for me had to be familiar with the product and I just wasn't I tried but I just couldn't get a handle on it you had to open the store by yourself sometimes and close set up the store every night so it was ready to open in the morning take care of customers and do nightly rearrangements on the store for different sales
Pros
pay
Cons
just wasn't for me
Ok place to work
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMDecember 20, 2016
Had a bad experience with management staff when I was being trained. Did not get the training I needed. Was told one night to close the store and I didn't know how. Called the manager and she would not come to the store and help.
Great working environment
Stockboy (Former Employee) –  1201 broadway, Square One Mall, Saugus Ma.December 20, 2016
I had a great time working at Bath and Body works.The staff was friendly and management was excellent. I would come in start with taking out the trash and cardboard, then unload and unpack our daily shipment. I would make sure any empty spots on the sales floor were properly restocked and scan out any items that were expired, over due, or damaged. The hardest part of the job was having to tell customers we didn't have the item they requested in stock, but i made sure to put their requested item on the next shipment if it was a product we carried.
educational and passioate work
Cashier Lead/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  corpsu christi texasDecember 20, 2016
Great experience, great opportunities, enjoyed people and customer service, awesome products and a chance to help others, co workers were friendly and work was enjoyable.
Pros
fun, people friendly, pay
Cons
no set schedule
they'll use you until you quit
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 20, 2016
terrible company to work for, they lead with intimidation and threats to motivate you. Very fast to move up because eventually the higher up managers realize they dont have to take the negativity from their DM and RM. There is life outside out this company please dont settle it's not worth it they bribe you with PTO and bonus...but you get denied taking your PTO all the time and your bonus after its taxed is complete trash.
Pros
easy to move up
Cons
no work life balance, leads with threats, never get to use PTO
Maybe another location would be better
Floor Set Associate (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 16, 2016
Bath and Body works was having rough time at my location during my employment. Currently changing store managers mixed with management not liking each other, led to an angry, non-compliant staff. I've heard that other locations and different parts of the company are so much better and they do have amazing benefits.
Pros
Great hours, people, and free stuff!
Cons
Management miscommunication
horrible job
Sales Associate and Cashier (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 16, 2016
they treat their employees like slaves, under pay, base their hours on commission since they can't do commission pay but if you dont sell you dont get hours, which means you make no money
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great place to be
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Puyallup, WADecember 13, 2016
I love their products and their associates. every one is always so friendly and management is very understanding of personal needs. It is definitely a great place to be!
Fun place to work
Sales Associate- Part Time (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 13, 2016
Its an easy job if your good at following instructions. You nees to be good with talking to stranger. Yiu cant be shy to go right up to them or put lotion in them. You will have to do alot of product promting. You will always need to be in the know.
Pros
You get lots of free samples and discounts
Cons
Benefits and you usually dont get that many hours
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXDecember 13, 2016
A lot of manual labor (setting up for holidays, restocking, inventory). Very fun work environment, coworkers always positive and helpful even during chaotic situations (Black Friday).
Good
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 13, 2016
Good place to work busy busy busy hard to get a break but fun place to work management is nice district has unrealistic expectations but otherwise good company to work for.
Fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Waterville, MEDecember 12, 2016
It is fun working here. Management is nice and approachable. Love interacting with customers and helping them find what they need.
Pros
freedom for the most part
Fun Part Time Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  ‘Aiea, HIDecember 12, 2016
I had fun working for BBW. I would work there again, but know it is only good for part time work. If you are looking for full time this is not the place for you.
Socializing
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDDecember 12, 2016
Working at Bath and Body Works was always a good time. Sometimes the hardest part of working there was seeing people you'd become friends with from working there so long. Move on to newer jobs, or having graduated from school and move away.
Productive and fun workplace
Co Store manager (Former Employee) –  Johnson Creek, WIDecember 12, 2016
I would recommend this company to anyone.It was a wonderful environment with an exceptional training program. Family values are cherished and policy was well thought out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath & Body Works. Our community is ready to answer.