Bath Fitter Employee Reviews

Warning for new workers
N/A (Former Employee) –  n/aMay 11, 2016
This company is ran by only like 5 main people in corporate for over 20 stores throughout the US. Their HR sucks, they dont handle any issues and just brush them off like they dont mean anything especially if its something that happened with someone who has worked for the company for a long time and is good at their job. All they care about is money they don't care about their employees on training the AC properly, while being at bath fitter there were many ac's that went through the office I was at and none of them were ever properly trained and every single one of them struggled daily from getting yelled at for mistakes from other people and things management was suppose to be doing. Overall when you first start working at Bath Fitter you think its all rainbows and sunshine, promised advancement, raises overviews for more and promised that issues will get handled then in the end nothing gets done and nothing that is promised happens.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
poor management and makes everyone cry
Productive Work Place with great benefits
Call Center Manager/ CSR (2011-2012) (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAMarch 4, 2016
Bath Fitter was an incredible company to work for. I started with the company at 18 years old and rapidly started to get promoted. I recieved my first promotion only after a month with the company. I enjoyed working with the team i worked with and the responsibilities that came along with every promotion. The job was challenging when dealing with unruly customers but that challenged I made enjoyable. My biggest enjoyment from that work came with my management experience, i had the pleasure of training the new hires and seeing them get promoted and grow in the company as i did.
Pros
Family Atmosphere, Beautiful Workplace, Great benefits
Cons
Corprate Management, Could only go so far with the company
uncomfortable
customer service (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAAugust 6, 2016
Horrible place to work for. I was only there for a month and was constantly picked apart by the manager there especially when a problem arrised to no fault of my own. I was stuffed into a corner with no room to work. expectations are ridiculous although the training was good the tools I was given by the trainer was good enough for the trainer to work with but not for me. if you lose a sale or the customer decides not to proceed be prepared to be blamed for it even though the customer has the option to back out of the deal. management is horrible.there are cameras everywhere except surprisingly for the bathrooms very creepy... and don't dare walk on the grass!
Pros
Cons
management
I wouldn't recommend working here
Event Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 24, 2016
I was hired to work the max 28 hours. I was told by the very young and inexperienced manager that, as long as I got lead cards, I'd get more shifts. I got cut down to five hours a week when I was most definitely making the lead cards. What they don't tell you is your LPH numbers and all of that fancy stuff. They passive aggressively stuck it in a binder at one of the stands in the mall. My coworker got 25 cards in 6 weeks (none turning into anything) and almost got fired. They want to see you getting the appointments, but in reality, you're NOT responsible if people answer their phones or not. There is no flexibility with the managers. The one mentioned before is really hard to get ahold of, yet you'd have to call at the beginning & end of every shift. They got a new manager who can't answer any of my questions. Told me to "wait it out" for more hours and I got one more day out of it because they took it away from someone else. Don't work here.
Pros
Long breaks at your discretion, "flexible" schedule
Cons
No hours, you get so bored so easily
Be ready
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLJuly 13, 2016
A typical day starts out with anywhere from 1-3 leads a day.If you don't get one in the morning or afternoon you might get one in the evening....that means your on call all day.You might have to drive an hour and a half to the appointment and when you get there you find out they can't buy cheese on a cracker.Also be prepared to be a professional photographer.If you make a mistake an underbid a job you will get no commission,They are constantly changing there format on a day to day basis so be ready to adapt!!!
Pros
Company car
Cons
On call all day, customers that can't buy, might get one lead all day, driving on your dime
Great company, great people.
Outside Events Marketing District Manager (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 17, 2015
I've been with the company for 6 months & I couldn't ask for more. It's hard to find a company where you like everyone; including your bosses and everyone up to the corporate level. It's nice knowing your hard work and efforts are appreciated. It's a great company with great products. I recommend this company for anyone to work for. Good pay and benefits. What more could you ask for?
Pros
Rewarded for hard work, flexible scheduling.
Great Place To Work!!!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent OHJune 20, 2015
I work for Bath Fitter in Kent Ohio. I have experienced a positive culture that fosters growth and personal development. I have been promoted twice in my two years with the company. This company is very successful and growing. I have the opportunity to do my best every day and I work with a dynamic and successful team in Kent. The compensation is out of this world if you can produce positive results. It is a great product, our installers deliver a world class experience for our customers and the company stands behind the project for as long as the customer lives in their home. I am truly blessed to work for such a fantastic organization.
Pros
Compensation, No Cold Calling, Warm Leads, Zero Pressure Selling, Brand Recognition, Marketing Support
Cons
Absolutely none
Poorly trained, I asked several times for better training. Never known who to ask a question to.
Scheduler/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 10, 2016
My day started with answering emails & voicemail's from customers. Depending on calls, i would be on the phone 3 to 4 hours with customer complaints. Sometimes I wasn't able to help due to not knowing the answer and I would have to tell customer that I would get back with them either before end of day or first thing in morning. I have asked supervisor to be trained on product, never happened. I would schedule installs. inspections and service calls. Management is not good. Co-workers was always gone by the time I got into work. Hardest part of job was not knowing the product and to be able to help the customer when they called in with problems with their unit. The most enjoyable was, getting the schedule caught up before they fired me. I was only at this job for 3 months and maybe a month and a half on my own. Their salesman sold tons of contracts more than what the installers could handle. They also had emergency installs, which is people coming out of rehab. They took precedence over the customers that had contracts sold and ready to be installed. The whole month of July was all RUSH emergency orders so that meant everyone else got put on hold. The company changed their contract to read 10 to 12 weeks for being completed because they were so busy. very strict on the hours of work....if I worked 40.7 hours for the week....the supervisor would send me home early on Friday. Lack of communication on who I could talk with to answer questions. Lack of computer programs, reports. Their IT guy charged them to fix any mistakes....when I left there they actually hired  more... the IT guy to be at the company.  less
Pros
Cons
lack of training, lack of computer programs, very strict on working over.
Not Like They Make It Out To Be
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Etters, PADecember 23, 2016
I worked at the Bath Fitter call center in Etters, PA, so it's possible my experience will be different from others. I went into Bath Fitter with the most positive attitude possible, and quickly found out it was not exactly what they made it out to be. They market the job as merely calling people who've filled cards out at the mall, trade shows, etc. to entice them to have a consultant come out to look at their bathroom, no cost or obligations. In reality, the whole company's strategy is built on shoving the product down the customers' throats until they agree to have a rep come out (where they can face high pressure sales techniques from the "consultant") or until they get so mad they either stop picking up the phone or automatically get angry you're calling them for the 100th time. Not only that, they expect you to set leads no matter what circumstances, be it if you're working a bunch of old contacts or in the middle of December when everyone is getting ready for the holidays and doesn't want to be bothered with bathroom remodeling. Plus, if the homeowner isn't home during the day and time of the appointment, it's your fault because you didn't make the Customer excited enough about the product. Physical workplace isn't very great, either, as it's freezing during the winter because there's no heat, and management plays favorites, giving all the new cards to the top while almost all the bad ones to the people who are struggling, where they have no chance of setting them.

Bottom line, if you have other options look somewhere else before applying here.
Pros
Nice co-workers, occasional office parties with good food
Cons
High pressured environment, unrealistic quotas, rude customers, lack of pay
Realistic Viewpoint
sales representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2015
Bath Fitter is a corporation but there are franchise arms to it in some areas. Since this company is based in Canada and the US, the culture reflects values and traditions common to those countries. There is excellent teamwork, customer service, and respect in this company and it's expected both ways. Although there were some negative reviews and everyone is entitled to their own opinion...take some of those scathing reviews with a grain of salt. Since becoming an employee, they are fair to all people and do not snub the competition in the industry of bathroom remodeling. The processes laid out for all employees foster safety, respect, and good communication. Even if a day is boring, goals aren't being met, or someone is throwing their drama around...the company moves forward continually and steadily. Management stands upright and leadership has unwavering Integrity. This is a solid career if following the rules is important and you also like a friendly. safe culture where your voice is heard because there's not too many other voices to crowd you out.
Pros
Respect and well laid plans
Cons
Typical "rat race" stuff at any company...making sales goals, drama, long hours
ditto of below
Sales Associate Lead (Current Employee) –  PAJuly 1, 2016
When you are hired they tell you as long as you get cards, you have secure hours. Then the story changes soon-- you have to get appointments---but you are not in charge of making the call to the customer. This is a company that aggressively engages in high turnover rates.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
low hours, payout poor
Great Company, People & Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etters, PAApril 9, 2015
Went looking for a job & found a career.

New in town I started entry level at Bath Fitter as a customer service representative. Never expected to be there for 5+ years but Bath Fitter is such a great company & place to work it was hard to leave.

Full time & Part time starts at $10 per hour (which is good for this area). Plus the Bonuses, Commissions, Benefits (Medical, Rx, Vision, Dental, 401k) I also received several pay increases & promotions.

Professional Office Environment
Pros
People, Money$$, Oppurtunity
Cons
Not Many
Worst Job Ever
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 19, 2016
The absolute worst job that I ever had! There's no type of sufficient income, management is terrible, the job culture is really bad, and this is just an overall terrible experience from all employees who are currently employed like myself. It's so bad that I got a second job after 2 weeks of working there, and I'm leaving once I finish school and take up full-time with my second job.
Pros
NONE
Cons
EVERYTHING!!
Run- don't walk.
Regional Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 18, 2016
A great product for sure but management that does not cultivate happy employees. I worked for 2 separate franchisees and was thinking it was just the first group that had the "any monkey can do your job mentality" and come to find out- it appears to be more of the culture of Bath Fitter. Also, with the marketing manager position, there isn't a long life expectancy for this position in that you are required to work every weekend. No one can do that forever and that was pretty much non negotiable.
Pros
Fun planning shows and events, company car
Cons
Not paid enough, work every weekend
Great work environment at a great company providing a great product
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 26, 2013
Bath Fitter is an excellent company to work for, they care about both their employees and customers. Opportunities are endless, and sky is the limit. It is great being part of a company where you are in control of your income. If you have a good work ethic and are willing to work hard, you will be recognized and rewarded for your efforts. From marketing, to sales, to installation, to administration, everyone seems to enjoy what they do.
Pros
work life balance, compensation
Dont work here
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PAMay 7, 2016
You want to be made a fool of...work here.
You work your butt off and do the job at the best you can and above company requirements. Then you find out your leads are not being turned in. So in essence, the company is stealing from you. I worked for the company for 13 months. Made less money when I left the company then when I started. and I was producing more. Figure THAT one out people
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
They steal from you. and alot more
I just started this job...
Product Promoter (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAApril 9, 2016
Already I found them to miscommunicate information a lot of times, as well as not working with you and your scheduling needs, you won't get $16 starting off, just $10 and it takes a lot to get to the ideal pay and bonuses there.
Pros
Working independently most of the time
Cons
If you don't drive, you can't benefit very well.
Hard to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 12, 2016
A typical day is standing still for 4 hours in the center of the mall. Management is wonderful, down to earth, and very compassionate. Hardest part was trying to get people to engage and speak with you about their needs. The most enjoyable part was leaving.
Great compensation and benefits
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Zanesville, OHFebruary 26, 2013
Bath Fitter isn't for everyone but only the best of the best. If you are one of the top performers it is a great atmosphere. Fair, honest, loyal, and rewarding. I have been at this company for 6 years and it is by far the best job that I ever had and it happens to be the most money that I have ever made as well. It truly is a world class organization, will retire with this company.
Pros
compensation, flexibility, benefits
Cons
lots of work
Awesome company!
Admin (Current Employee) –  Des MoinesMarch 14, 2013
Working at Bath Fitter is the best job that you will ever have. The company as a whole really cares about you and your family. They offer benefits right at 90 days... and they are excellent! I really couldnt ask for a better place to be. The managenment is great and everybodys is filled in what is going on, no blank left unfilled. I learn something new everyday, and i love that about my job. You do feel like a family when you work at Bath Fitter, because we are the "Perfect Fit"

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath Fitter. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7