Bath Fitter Employee Reviews

Interesting and relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 21, 2018
The day began with opening the bath fitter kiosk, those duties included cleaning the tub and work area making sure the kiosk is aesthetically pleasing to possible clients passing by. I learned the different styles and types of showers/baths in homes. The hardest part of the job was gaining clients time to discuss the pros of renovating or upgrading their bath/shower. This job requires the employee to have the ability to sale and interact with people during their shift.
February 23, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your work experience!

lack of leadership
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 18, 2018
fun where there is actually work people are great but the lack of opportunity and poor management makes the job not ideal if you are looking for long term work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
they treat employees bad
February 20, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review about your work experience. Thank you.

No security, high pressure
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVFebruary 16, 2018
The senior sales persons receive all the leads . Expect late nights on the road , driving long distances That could as much as 3 hours from the home office and as a employee you have to furnish all transportation and Fuel cost , no set hours and will be expected to sale 40% of all leads , if u recieve any as well as high pressure to sale a very over priced bath tub . They are not hesitant to let you go if sales goals are not met , It is a commission only based job and if financed ur commissions are cut in half , it was a huge waste of time for me so think hard before you commit
Pros
It was easy to retain employment there
Cons
Lots of experience and long travel
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking to review your work experience.

Cold-call marketing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisberry, PAFebruary 15, 2018
This job is often represented as a customer service call center. It isn't. This job is cold call marketing, period. You call people at home as late as 9 PM to try to convince them that they signed up for information about a new tub. They in fact didn't and Bath Fitter uses an auto dialer to call random lists of people.
Pros
Bonuses if you can set appointments.
Cons
Harrassing random people's phones at weird hours.
February 21, 2018

Hi, thank you for leaving a review about your work experience.

If you can work anyware work for the headquarters locations
Installer (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 31, 2018
The corporate location i worked for was terrible no orginization wrong parts for installs ordered even when original paperwork had correct items dealing with general manager was like talking to a slice of burned toast. Dont expect any help in consoling an angry customer when a job goes south because my boss and sales staff left it up to the installer to fix there mess ups. And if you have a job 3 hours away on monday dont expect to find out until that morning because god forbid they have meetings
Pros
There was very little
Cons
To many to list
February 21, 2018

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. Thank you.

The good, the bad, the ugly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etters, PAJanuary 30, 2018
The good parts about working at the Bath Fitter call center are the set 8 hour shifts for full-time or 4.5 hours for part-time. Some of the managers are friendly and helpful. They hire quickly so if you're in need of a job you'll get the job within a week. It's good to gain skills and experience for a better call center job. Occasional lunches provided by the company.

The bad parts about working for Bath fitter are the expectations set by corporate. You are trained to be aggressive towards potential customers in order to set leads for the sales reps. Your job is to convince people to have a sales rep come to their home for a sales pitch whether they want it or not. It can be very uncomfortable because you are instructed to continue your pitch even if the potential customer says they are too busy to talk or even if they tell you they are at a funeral (seriously, even if they tell you they are at their mother's funeral you have to say "I'll be brief" and continuing pitching the free demo). It feels rude doing it and is definitely soul draining. You also cannot answer certain questions like the average cost and have to argue with people about these details. The managers will get mad at you for putting people on the Do Not Call List even when the potential customers request it.

There is a great deal of micromanaging as managers will stand behind you and commenting as you speak on the phone. Some managers are rude. The managers play favorites and those people get the best leads consistently.

The ugly are the benefits and workplace culture. Few vacation and sick days are
  more... just the beginning. They offer bare minimum life insurance at a high cost, a not much else.

The pay and commission is low; you make $7 commission from a $6,000+ sale and your hourly wage fluctuates between $11.50 and $14 on average. Your pay may be $14 one month then $11.50 the next, and this could be because of "slow seasons" like around Christmas.

You also get a flat $20 commission from a large amount amount of your leads. When you set leads for O'Gorman, which is another franchise we do calling for, you don't get commission based on the leads you set, only the flat $20 a month. Half of the leads you set could be for O'Gorman, so this makes you put in a lot of effort for an abysmal commission. This shows a clear lack of respect for employees.

This one is the WORST: If you call out sick and don't get a doctor's note, they take 25% of your commission away per day. This one is horrible as they are taking a fairly large percentage of your already low commission check. This can be hard on employees without insurance - and it doesn't help that the insurance offered is bad.

Overall, the Bath Fitter call center is a pretty terrible place to work. It's good for a quick and short term job, but that's about it.
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review your work experience.

Bath
Sales (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Bath fitters was hard because that mall is never busy so it made it hard to ever sell anything and when you did the commission sucked. Besides that it was very laid back.
Pros
Good bosses
Cons
No money to make in it
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave an employee review.

Relaxed but competative enviornment
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 7, 2018
Setting up for events
Getting people interested in products
Giving correct information for customers about product so that they can make a correct decision about product needs.
Pros
Customer interactions
Cons
Not enough hours or benefits
February 21, 2018

Good day, thank you for taking the time to review your work experience!

Overall a decent place to work...good people.
District Sales Manager. (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 1, 2018
Bath fitter was a decent place to work, a little un-organized, the team there was good. There was not enough commercial industry to support my position.
Pros
Good support staff
Cons
needs better orginization
February 20, 2018

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is much appreciated!

Best Job I've Ever Had
Appointment Booking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WADecember 29, 2017
I've worked at Bath Fitter for about 5 months. I enjoy it because there is always something to do, even in the slow periods. My boss takes a genuine interest in his employees and the turnover rate here is extremely low. I feel lucky to have gotten in here when I did.
Pros
excellent management, good compensation, PTO and paid holidays
Cons
My days off are split but hey, I'm low man on the totem pole so that's how it goes.
February 21, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Pro active
Event Consultant (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYDecember 27, 2017
Relaxing atmosphere. Sales are low pitch. Events tend to showcase product enhancements leading to more productivity for sales and other positions. Overall rating is quite astonishing when comparing other industries in the same enterprenu. One plus is a life time warranty the other is done in one day.
Pros
Warrantied
Cons
Expensive hi
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for rating and sharing your work experience!

Hard work is rewarded
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisberry, PADecember 14, 2017
Bath Fitter is a top notch company that offers a real solution to home owners.

If you have never worked for a "sales" company there is certainly some change in mind set required to adjust. But, if you understand that it takes every single employee working together to make your office and company successful, and you are willing to work hard you will be rewarded.

They are not going to hand you anything, you need to work for it. But, for a motivated person who believes in the product you will see the results you want!
Pros
Lots of employee recognition and appreciation
Cons
n/a
February 21, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to rate your experience.

Bath Fitter
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 8, 2017
Great place to work, always jobs to complete. Company van is given to all installers and service techs to completed jobs, tools also provided. Work long hours, but a good job.
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Enjoyable Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 3, 2017
I nothing negative to say I enjoyed this job very much. I got to meet lots of people. I also was able to help people make their homes a little more homely.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Not enough hours occasionally
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us!

Lots of driving for little pay
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Poca, WVNovember 25, 2017
You drive anywhere in the state and parts of Ky and Ohio. There is no gas money or vehicle pay. Its either really long days or only evenings. Almost every evening is an appointment so kiss your friends and family goodbye. Spend more on gas than you get. You could easily drive 4,000 miles per week or more.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
everything
February 21, 2018

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review your experience.

Yawn
Representative (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 22, 2017
DULL job, low pay, $50 commission on $9000 tubs! Poor communication from management. No advancement or perks Plan to spend a 5 hour shift sitting in an empty place trying to sell over priced bathtubs to the few people that wander by.
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Non livable wage, boring days, no commission or perks.
February 21, 2018

Good day, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

stressful work place
Driver Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 6, 2017
little communication from managers, often expected to do the workload of two persons or more because of shortage of staff, good guy / bad guy managers... made for a very stressful place to work.
February 21, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

its like this
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, WVNovember 1, 2017
if your old or just looking for a job that dose nothing other than talk to other people then this is the job for you the hourly pay is 8.75 but commotion is kind of ok I guess. if you get lucky enough to sell one
Pros
commotion
Cons
managament
February 21, 2018

Good day, thank for sharing your experience online with us.

Uncomfortable Environment and Unprofessional Management
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Copiague, NYOctober 26, 2017
I worked directly under the Human Resources Manager as a recruiter and office assistant. I was tasked with implementing a sourcing and hiring system, and was continuously told that my ideas weren't good and that I wasn't doing my job. My supervisor would give me a task and explain how to do it, which I did, and then was told I did it incorrectly. It was a nightmare position.
February 21, 2018

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to review your experience.

This company is awesome!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 16, 2017
I have worked with several companies and I have found my home! They treat me with respect and reward me for a job well done. Upper management really cares about each and every employee.
Pros
Company Values
February 21, 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience online!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bath Fitter. Our community is ready to answer.