Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Good Place to work
Imaging/ Biomedical Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 12, 2017
Although the salary was low it was still a good place to work.
Benefits were decent. The management was fair and the people that I worked with were very accommodating and fun to work with.
Busy on the go
Registered Nurse - Adult General Surgery (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 4, 2017
It could and would be very busy, most of the time you had 6 patients on a general surgery floor. There was very little teamwork. There were clicks of nurses that worked together and the new nurse was just there, they didn't welcome or help much at all.
Pros
Help comply to a schedule you chose
Cons
The nurses didn't help or work together
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 25, 2017
Baton Rouge general is a great hospital to work for with many opportunities for advancement and change. Great teamwork, caring environment. Family oriented.
Medical Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 14, 2017
I loved working there. Great atmosphere great nurses and doctors. The office was amazing and I enjoyed my time there. The area is also great.. gives five stars
Everyone was in a bad mood all the time
Registered Nurse in Level III NICU (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 13, 2017
Poor management of the unit, with grumpy co-workers. At one point, the unit's census was so low that we were getting put on-call every other shift. I like skipping work as much as the next person, but I have bills to pay!!!
Pros
A job's a job. that's about all I can say.
Cons
negative attitudes, understaffed
Politics over patient care
PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 6, 2017
Seemed like managers cared more about pleasing the physicians rather than providing quality, safe patient care. The PACU had the potential to operate more efficiently; however, administrators were more concerned about the operating room and nothing else. They often forgot that without the PACU, the OR would not exist and that type of unit needed nurses that were educated appropriately. Retention of the PACU nurses was a constant struggle. Employee satisfaction was not a priority.
Great company
Staff (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 4, 2017
Great company that cares about it's staff. Individual manager is difficult to work for, but love the company. They went above and beyond to help staff after the flood.
Awful place
Registered Nurse, ICU (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2017
I worked here a long time ago as a baby nurse. I was treated horribly by the other nursing staff. They would rather see you fail than help you succeed.
Productive and fun workplace
Surgeons Liaison (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2017
My position was a new created position. I was told that I knocked it out of the ball park after 60 days. I love meeting people and learning new steps when creating this new position. The hardest part of my job was learning what the doctors in same day surgery expectations were and carry this thru. The people I worked with were awesome. I left this position because my mom had cancer and passed away was a lot to help deal with.
Pros
Deal with alot of people throughout my day
Cons
sometimes the complaints were not acceptable
was able to work from home
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 18, 2017
It was a great place to work with great benefits. The Dr that I worked for took care of us until our positions were eliminated due to they were going in a different direction for their billing needs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
did not get enough feedback from the office
poor management
Mental Health Technician, PCA (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 15, 2017
My department was a good place to work until they change managers. Being a mental health tech was stressful and hard at times But I got the job done and new manager didn't care about her hard working employees and wanted to fire you over petty BS. Stay away from mental health department until they change management.
Pros
bonus and benefits
Cons
manager
Great place to work. Very family oriented.
SR. IS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2017
Productive and engaging place to work. Never a dull moment. Duties fluctuate depending the needs of the department. Awesome management team that allows the employees to work independently.
Pros
Discount on medications
Horrible
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  UnknownOctober 10, 2017
Working for this company is extremely horrible the managers are unfair especially at the satellite offices. There is no advancement and no opportunity for advancement. They do not care about their employees at the satellite offices . They're very unprofessional I would never recommend working for this company it's too big and they do not ever consider their employees
Pros
There isn't any
Cons
They're extremely unfair
Workplace
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 8, 2017
Hard,short staff all the time and mess with grown people and a admin.That has no clue what to do with there employies .Every week its a new manager that dont have a clue
I have worked here for 20 years in many different roles - great place to work
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 2, 2017
I have a lot of great memories working at Baton Rouge General Medical Center. One that have stood out as great! I remember one year when I enrolled in school. I did not receive my pell grant money on time. A manager in nursing gave me my tuition for that semester. Even though I told her she didn't have to. Once money was received for that semester I tried to gave her the money, she would not except. That memory has stayed with me forever. All she wanted me to do is one day do the same for another that is need. I have been an example of that day every since.
Pros
receive bonuses free meal tickets
Cons
no complaints
Great place to work!
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 21, 2017
I have enjoyed working at the general. My Director was awesome, very compassionate and caring individual. She was always will to help or assist with any issues. My department was very laid back and stress less environment, I will miss them.
Pros
Cons
Parking was horrible
A day at work years ago
Registered Nurse-Endoscopy (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA 70809September 20, 2017
It was okay. Rated 3/5 for overall rating. I really don't have anything else to write or say. I work here for a short time due to life changes. Rated 3.
Not a bad place to work...
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 12, 2017
...if you are with the right people and good management. No room for advancement in the department I work in. Misled a few times about available opportunities but no follow through. Recently got a new manager after a not so good one. Things are slowly trying to improve but a lot staff are still unhappy. New manager is accommodating and very help with work/family balance. Daily duties are easy: phones, scheduling. Can sometimes be monotonous but its nice to have the break because when its busy, its busy.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
No advancement, not enough pay
Uncoordinated
Med-Surgical Nurse (Tele) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 4, 2017
I would not be likely to send people here to work. My experience was not pleasant because of the cutthroat nature of the unit. If you work here, please be mindful that these people are not your friends and will do what they can to make your job difficult as a new hire.
great place to work
6 to 1 patient to nurse ratio (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 1, 2017
I have worked for Baton Rouge General for a total of 4 years. It is a friendly environment where people respect you and greet you upon arrival. Overall great place to work!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baton Rouge General. Our community is ready to answer.

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location