Baton Rouge General

Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Big and busy hospital
Pharmacist Technician, Inpatient (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 6, 2017
Each day was always busy and worked with a team of people who was always willing to help out in every department, A management team who was fare and reasonable.
Good Entry Level Position
LPN (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 28, 2017
This was my first job entering the medical field. Was very faced paced and diverse. Pay was not the best but it paid the bills. The hardest part of the job was being understaffed, it can wear you down. But I'd do it again.
Competitive salary
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 21, 2017
This facility provides a very good foundation of learning experiences for new graduates due to exposure to all types of physical therapy.
Great place to work =, family oreinted.
PRN BUSINESS OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2017
The people are very caring, and supportive of one another and they truly care about the care they give there patients. They are very giving of there time and efforts to take care of people.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no cover parking
Awesome Teamwork and Great Facility with the ability to get the job done!
Registered Nurse-ICU (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2017
I love working with this team! Everyone works together to make sure the patient and their families come first. As an RN in the ICU, it is great to see all of the physicians and staff work together in one accord. My manager is the best ever! The hardest part of my job is facilitating multiple codes at once, but the teamwork that this department shows helps everything play out smoothly.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
12 hour days with a family, and the pay could significantly improve.
Family oriented work place
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 6, 2017
BRG is a family oriented work place. The nurses, pca, and other medical field all come together to work as a team to accomplish daily goals. Goal is to satisfy the patient and patients family while staying at BRG.
Good Company to work for
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 16, 2016
I've worked as a float pool nurse, a staff nurse, and also as a nurse tech for the BRG and I have no complaints. I learned a lot as a nurse tech which helped prepare me for nursing.
Great company
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 29, 2016
This company is pretty fair in most instances. Occasionally they make efforts to "thank" employees. Sometimes department managers are clueless as to the distribution of work load. However, there is an open door policy and upper management is very accessible for concerns that employees may have.
Pros
Gym onsite, regular pay increases, open door policy
Cons
Possible imbalance in distribution of work load (but probably does not apply to all departments).
fun place to work
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 8, 2016
helped me open my mind to how many more people are suffering with these mental abilities and cant help themselves. Some of us are truly blessed
Not Good
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 11, 2016
Management is horrible. From HR to Directors. They don't care about the staff at all. The job was draining. Lower management gets no support from upper management and they hire unqualified people. To advance in this company it's all about WHO you know.
Pros
Great doctors
Excellent Company
HIM Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2016
I very much enjoyed my time here. This was an excellent hospital system to work for and it had great management and staff. I learned so much during my time here and my experience helped me to move forward in my career.
stressful workplace
Orthopedic medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 19, 2016
We had around 6 providers working at a time even daily some days. Some of the nurses would not be around to help their doctors immediately so it fell to others. This led to another doctor not having his nurse and it spirals out of control and patients get upset because they have been at the clinic for to long. It was not fixed by management because he claimed that we were over budget and could not hire additional support. It continue to spiral out of control and I deceived that i was ready to go back to my two doctors that left.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no support for clinic, few taking care of their work
Long and physically draining
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 17, 2016
The job itself is a very enjoyable and laid back job. Yet the management, Louis Price in particular is one of the most difficult people to work with and for. The co-workers are amazing and very helpful should something arise that you have no knowledge of
I love BRG
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 16, 2016
I have been a MHT at Baton Rouge General for a few years now. I must say I absolutely love this place. The staff is friendly. The entire hospital is very family oriented, so you feel at home away from home. My supervisor is great, and is willing to work with your schedule if you need any accommodations.
Pros
Nice annual Bonus!! Brg fit rewards card!!GPT time and cash out!
Cons
Cafeteria food could be better on the weekends
Great company for new grads but difficulty advancing career
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 4, 2016
Great company to begin a nursing career. I learned a lot about main disease processes such as how to recognize them and treat them. Additionally I learned leadership skills and how to effectively multitask.
Pros
great insurance benefits
Cons
not able to advance in company
This is a hard working job
Registered Nurse Applicant/Nurse Intern/Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 5, 2016
This is a job that offers good benefits. This job will make you lose weight. it offers some convenient work schedules. This job may go on your license.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long Hours
n/a
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 28, 2016
you will be on your feet a lot. work is manageable through team work. must be a loving and caring person in order to be happy in this position .
I love meeting new people and assisting the patients
Baton Rouge Radiology Imaging Center (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 21, 2016
Typical day at Baton Rouge General is overloaded with work and not compensated for the task at hand. I learned to work a very busy registration office. The hardest part would probably be the co-workers. The most enjoyable part of the job would be meeting new people and assisting them.
Enjoyable work family
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 17, 2016
Everyone at the hospital is like a family
Managers are great and willing to work with you
Flexible hours
Peak hours can be taxing physically
Disliked this job
Med Tech (Former Employee) –  BluebonnetFebruary 17, 2016
The pay was below market rate. The manager was ok. Some of the staff in the lab made this a soul sucking job, there were some good people in there, but there were some that made this a terrible job. I found this job unbearable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baton Rouge General. Our community is ready to answer.

Baton Rouge General Reviews by Location