Baton Rouge General Employee Reviews

Great pet time work
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2016
I have kept this job as a pert time experience for many years. It has been a wonderful place to earn extra money.
My manager is outstanding and works well with my full time work schedule.
not a fun work place the crew made it worth it.
ER Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 11, 2016
i wish it was still open the ER closed down March 2015 the state lets us down. with no money flowing in from grants there was no way to save the hospital.
Pros
the crew
Cons
type of patient flow
Very Exciting Job
medical transcription (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 19, 2015
The skills that I obtained with this company are priceless. I will forever take with me the patients that I met, the friendliest of the providers, and the culture of the office.
I enjoyed working at the Baton Rouge General.
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 2, 2015
A typical day at work would began around 8am. As usual my coworkers were friendly and helpful. We all did our work to best of our abilities. We assisted each other when needed. I would perform various duties while there. Everyday would hold something different for me to do. However, I enjoyed multi-tasking. It kept me busy and the day went by faster. Some of those tasks included answering the phone, analyzing a chart, or helping out with bill hold. I also located missing charts as well help prep charts to scan in to our electronic medical records. I also scanned and indexed charts into the system as well. The hardest part of job for me would be when I couldn't find a chart. It was hard because this had an affect on the hospital's budget. I enjoyed every part of my job.
Baton Rouge General became financially unstable
Clinic Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 22, 2015
It was a wonderful place to work until the Emergency Room shut down. My direct supervisor and my administrators were very competent and I was honored to work with them.
Pros
I had wonderful supervisors
Cons
Financially unstable
great place to work
rn/ charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 21, 2015
Very diverse atmosphere, the knowledge and training were phenomenal. Every day was adventurous and challenging, but to save a life is so rewarding. My colleagues were an awesome group
Okay
ER Cashier / PAC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 30, 2015
Handle departments payments.
To appreciate and be grateful for what I have.
I enjoyed working with so many wonderful people.
Pros
Rasies
Cons
Short break
Family enviroment
Dietary (Former Employee) –  baton rougeAugust 1, 2015
They are a good company to work for. The benefits are excellent and the employees are friendly and management is great. First job out of military and fell in love. Hated having to leave.
benefits
Cons
not enough hours
OOK
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BATON ROUGEJune 28, 2015
I REALLY ENJOYED THIS JOB IT REALLY HAD A LOT OF PERKS JUST DISLIKED THAT IT WAS PART TIME AND HAD TO WORK ONLY SO MANY HOURS BUT OTHER THAN THAT THE PEOPLE ARE WONDERFUL
Educational Place
Pre-Analytic Technician (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge,LaJune 20, 2015
• Responsible for accessioning, receiving and specimen processing, answering phones, faxing results upon request, report distribution and phlebotomy.
• Completes assignments with accuracy and in a timely manner without comprising the quality of the patient sample.
• Exercises good judgment in recognizing and correcting irregularities and/or unusual requests
Great
Sonography Student (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 9, 2015
management could be better but overall a typical ultrasound job, great environment to work in, coworkers were friendly and easy to get along with.
One of the best hospitals.
Hyperbaric Unit Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 23, 2015
LOVED working at BRGMC great people, great and clean environment, fabulous people and doctors. If I was asked to come back I definitely would and wouldn't go anywhere else.
Pros
Great people, great company.
Cons
Was there for a limited amount of time.
Was my first RN job.
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2015
When I started at the general it was a wonderful experience. As the hospital and management changed, I began to wonder if the "other side' was greener. While I have nothing to compare it to, I found the general a wonderful place to work because of my co-workers. Management was not uplifting and I did not feel care about by those making schedules and decisions. But my co-workers were always amazing, inspirational, and the life blood of my work life. I can not speak high enough of the bedside staff. I'm hoping my next experience will not result in me becoming so untrusting of my management aspect of the multi-disciplinary team.
Pre-Analytical Tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 17, 2015
This was my first jobs fresh out of phlebotomy school. They were so nice and made sure that I was ready for the job. If I had questions about anything they were willing to answer it. I loved working here.
love my job but they are laying off people and not sure of future
Collections and Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  PFSApril 13, 2015
I love my job and I am good at collections and management but they are having lay offs and not a secure future. I love my co-workers and like dealing with the insurances.
Pros
Love collections
Cons
high turn over rate
fast pace
Financial Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 3, 2015
working at the Baton Rouge General is a very fast pace job the type of job that you learn something new every day, I worked with insurance companies which included health ,auto,and workers comp, companies . The most enjoyable part of my job was making sure that at the end of the day that I did my job to the best of my ability and that the patients that I handled their claims were paid according to contract.
Nice place to work if you keep to yourself
Restock associate/ central supply department (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 23, 2015
people are somewhat friendly
the hardest part of the job is the people
my co worker where lovely
I learned to work harder to get the job done
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
short breaks
Good work place.
H I M Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 20, 2015
The people are nice and heart warming. The people i work with look out for one another. Come check the place out to see how it works.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Team Work on Night Shift
Emergency Department Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2015
Least paying hospital in the area; lay offs due to other hospital closing; ER holds patient all night due to limited staff on respective floors to transfer patients; ER manager very personable
Baton rouge general
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2015
i love working there. the environment is great and the people i work with and around are the best people to work with i am so glad to have them around.